Ren'Py The Haunting Nightmare [v0.3.2a] [Dofla Studio]

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Lw6041

Jan 2, 2023
Hey, dev, congrats on your game! Although it looks promising, and the idea behind it seems quite original, I think you should revisit some of your writing - improve the dialogues and correct your grammar. Just a heads up! Good luck.

Reactions: Dofla Studio

Dofla Studio

Game Developer
Oct 18, 2023
Tried out the game and I must say that I like it quite a bit.

The whole "death by nightmare sickness" plotline is quite unique, and the Red Skull look like (and you put in the reference too, in terms of dialogue choice, heh) antagonist of the dreams I feel is really engaging to see in terms of characterization.

Here's hoping as MC delves into the truth and the mystery, it brings us to a one hell of a rabbithole that filled with surprise and horror; there's just not enough horror genre games on AVN-sphere, and I do wonder whether MC's fear and paranoia as well as real danger could influence his real world, and not just his dreams.
A very intriguing concept to explore.

And with the sandbox, I really like the whole simplified approach to the freeroam.
Many times I've seen devs go overboard with sandbox mechanics and while some of them may turn out decent, often I've found the mechanics either clunky or really grindy.
Choosing the girl to access her event I find just gets to the point of what the player wants in a satisfactory manner.

One question I have though are the stats.
In my playthrough of the game, I trained most of the times in freeroams in either Strength (pushups) or Vitality (swimming), and while the notification says "you strength/vitality has slightly increased" I noticed no increase at all in either of the stats.
Makes me a bit puzzled as to how many times the player should train before seeing an increase in the stat point.

As for the LIs, all seem to be unique in their own way, though I'd have to say Helene (the Doc) is leaving everyone else in dust being my favorite (my canon path is her exclusive route, haha).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Good job with the first release Dofla Studio.
Enjoyed it and I'll keep tabs on it for future updates.
Each attribute has an experience value, with a maximum value of 100(You can see the status in phone screen). When the value exceeds 100, it will automatically level up. When you train, for example, swimming, you get 25 exp per time. So basically you train 4 times before seeing an increase in the stat point.(The values here might be modified depends on future game numerical balance but right now that's it.)

I'm sorry for the confusion caused here. In future versions, I will consider adding some explanations and instructions when entering freeroam mode for the first time.

Thank you for the comment and hope you can enjoy my game:)

Oct 16, 2021
Cheating isn't NTR people need to learn the difference. You don't see Jess having sex with her boss it's just implied that she did. That's Cheating, now if the Dev were to create long drawed out scenes of this then we'd be having a different discussion but even then that's a debate in itself.

That said there isn't too many decent girls to for me to pursue here. None has blown me away.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
You wanna tell me she told HER BOSS that MC and her WERE THROUGH before
or after he blackmailed her with the evidence THAT SHE HAD bought medicine she was not supposed to
FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF HELPING MCs MOTHER?
Cheating isn't NTR people need to learn the difference. You don't see Jess having sex with her boss it's just implied that she did. That's Cheating
Because if SHE AND MC WERE THROUGH, SHE WOULD HAVE NO EFFIN STAKE IN BEING BLACKMAILED,
AT ALL. The MOM IS DEAD AND MC IS NOT SUING HIM AND HIS BLACKMAILING SPINELESS MUG TO PRISON
FOR BILLIONS NOW, IS HE?
The game AND ALL THOSE 23 YEARS IN JAIL FOR wEINSTEIN OR THE DEAD PEDO ePSTEIN
KIND OF DISAGREE WITH YOU.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: EJW and | Vee |

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1698254922817.png
This is not the nightmare, everyone! They are discussing in great detail what it really is ...
1698255090773.png
This is not the nightmare, either! She is this bad bully who badly beats up the main character
when she finds out he is seeing a THERAPIST.
rEAL TWISTED STUFF, i KNOW.
1698255384648.png
Still not being the nightmare. She be the therapist that the main character gets badly beaten up for being her subject for observation.
Tough gig being a therapist in this game, as bullies seem to scare everyone away ... even worse, beat them up and send them packing.
1698255614663.png
This is the nightmare! strangles MC to death in his sleep
This is the killing nightmare at this point, plot armored OP vilain the game beats MC with to death.

Last edited:

tempio987^

Jan 25, 2023
Not bad for a first release. Some of the models look really nice. I like the optional morality. Really enjoyed the sleep sex with Luna. Hope a similar scene with Lankin is implemented at some point. Good luck with your game!

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
You wanna tell me she told HER BOSS that MC and her WERE THROUGH before
or after he blackmailed her with the evidence THAT SHE HAD bought medicine she was not supposed to
FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF HELPING MCs MOTHER?

Because if SHE AND MC WERE THROUGH, SHE WOULD HAVE NO EFFIN STAKE IN BEING BLACKMAILED,
AT ALL. The MOM IS DEAD AND MC IS NOT SUING HIM AND HIS BLACKMAILING SPINELESS MUG TO PRISON
FOR BILLIONS NOW, IS HE?
The game AND ALL THOSE 23 YEARS IN JAIL FOR wEINSTEIN OR THE DEAD PEDO ePSTEIN
KIND OF DISAGREE WITH YOU.
Logic in an adult visual novel is a rare thing.

Reactions: AlexMpog

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
That's a great one. A lot of potential here.
Damn that ending, it left me hungry for more lol. Still, for a 1st (Is it?) update the dev was rather generous with content (some games are...).
Is the next update alrdy planned? If so, when?
THX,
see ya

Reactions: Dofla Studio

shaitanxxx

Jun 2, 2021
I am sad we didn't get to get with the girl at the yacht party, that felt like it was written weird. It seemed like a "That night" thing but then he gets tired and goes home

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
It I understand correctly NTR is avoidable right (I know Jessica can be avoided) I'm talking about other Love interests

GOLDLUCK!:coffee: Dofla Studio
Yes…but no? Gimme a minute to explain BUT you should check the next version to get a better understanding, otherwise you might judge it too negatively just because some parts weren't addressed, or addressed too lightly. And from that it's up to you what you will do. I played and what I can tell this is not a NTR game but bad shit happens. Especially with your (1.)Ex-GF “cheating on you” and that one (2.)milf who cheats on her husband.

1.From the Dev comments Ex-GF past will be adjusted better in renders and dialogs as it was originally implemented. Meaning we won't see her having sex with the UB at all (as it isn't in the game right now too). Meaning it will also portray her that she tried “all her options” to either avoid his advances BUT also not liking it IF it ever happened. So No, maybe ?

2. I only found this by accident but there is this Milf Laura who is a mom of two other LI and you catch her having sex with a black guy. So this scene is unavoidable. She is in the banner and it seems she is also a LI. So, Yes. I can't say much about this as nothing further happened here. I expected that MC will either confront her, corrupt her, or do at least something but he just leaves without hints where the “plot” will lead with this girl. Would have been nice to prevent it, let alone IF you are playing on her path but it is what it is.

There is also a orgy/gangbang scene with one LI, but not with her directly but with her friends and other guys.

Personally I'm kinda disappointed that you are limited with your time WHO you want to romance. If it's a one-solo-LI end, it has potential. But I would have preferred to romance all girls. If it's the first you want, like I said you should check the next update out. If it's the latter, I must sadly say it's not for us tho.

But the overall theme of MC being betrayed was nicely done, the characters around him works also in the theme + the little eroticsm there are, are pretty good.

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes