Ren'Py The Haunting Nightmare [v0.3.2a] [Dofla Studio]

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
It I understand correctly NTR is avoidable right (I know Jessica can be avoided) I'm talking about other Love interests

GOLDLUCK!:coffee: Dofla Studio

• Hey there
Reactions: MixQQ

tehmasta

May 1, 2017
So let me get this straight. Someone steals mc's girlfriend, blackmails and basically rapes her and she leaves mc for him and they are currently together in the game while the ex is still a li? And somehow that is not ntr? :WaitWhat:

Why devs always do some mental gymnastics to avoid properly tagging the game? if that's not your target audience why even make such content to being with is beyond me.
Anyways

peace-disappear.gif

Jan 7, 2019
Alright I updated the genre and add "NTR" in it. Sorry again for all these confuse I made! I do have misunderstanding of the exact meaning of NTR, so I'm here to make amends and hope it wont' make new gamers here get confused.

And I'll make it avoidable as mush as possible in the next update, that's all I can do. Sorry again folks, hope you can enjoy my game after all!

btw...How do I change the tag above the thread after I changed the genre? Do I need others help or I can do it by myself?
I don't think the ntr tag should be put as no scene is shown ya its borderline ntr but it happens before the story.

Jan 5, 2021
Great start to the game, in my opinion, although I thought it was weird in this first version that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I played through multiple times because I missed most of the scenes in my first (dark) playthrough. I hope that

Good luck Dev, your artwork is great, story premise is interesting so far, few typos, but that's a minor issue. Best of luck in developing the game. Hopefully someone can help make a walkthrough in the future, as this game is promising and it's very easy to miss some scenes.

Reactions: Dofla Studio
Jan 5, 2021
What do the members here think of the sleep sex in the game? This game goes hardcore with it.
I think it is disgusting. This is not your Disney level stuff. This is Texas Chainsaw level stuff.
Sadly, the almost 100% fictional NTR gets the majority of the discussions when the very real and more devastating sleep sex gets next to nothing in discussions. The term is laughable. There is a tag for rape; why not just call sleep rape?
Do you see to lunacy here? What's even nuttier is there are no restrictions on its portrayal, like what's set for incest.

The game's plot is not bad; it is a slightly different take on mental illness. The art is good, and the dialogue is absolute shit. It could be an acceptable game with a nip here and a tuck there.

Just my opinion.

This will probably get deleted for some lame reason. If the DEV puts this disgusting subject in his game, he should expect and accept comments like mine.
I thought it was kind of out of the blue, but MC does explicitly say

It's also completely optional, so you aren't forced to partake. In fact, it's clearly labeled as an "evil" option, so if you're playing the "good" path, you presumably just have to wait for natural scenes with Luna.

On this site (not talking about RL), the sleep sex tag is very specific and separate from the rape tag, which is generally reserved for awake, unwanted sex by either male or female parties. I would argue that this game doesn't really have much to do with the rape tag (yet), as defined in the narrow "awake, unwanted sex" manner. Most of the "evil" scenes could be categorized under the "sleep sex" tag. I'm fully aware sleep sex is illegal in real life without prior consent and is considered rape, but we're talking about clarifying fetishes here.

Yes, there could and probably should be more specificity around tags: For example, sleep sex could be divided into consensual sleep sex, which it sounds like you're more okay with, vs sleep rape, etc. And rape could be divided into rape and reverse-rape (when female rapes the male). And NTR can be divided into being the cuck, being the bull and cucking others, and sharing. But the confusion surrounding the tags on this game aren't really the fault of the dev, it's something F95 needs to fix in general.

TLDR: Sleep sex tag applies here - it's non-consensual sleep sex. Rape tag could be argued to apply, but note that it refers to the former.

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
Okay so back to Jess, she knew the MC's mom was extremely ill, she also knew that the responsibility of taking care of her solely fell on the MC. His father and basically abandoned them for pussy and the MC stepped up as best as he could to take care of his mother. Knowing that Jess still spent the money that they needed like it was going out of style which prompted an argument and ultimately lead to the MC and her taking a break and then she of course gets "blackmailed" and sleeps with her boss on several occasions... so tell me again, how exactly or should I say why should the MC face any blame here again?

He's young, his father is a selfish jerkoff that skated off with another woman and he was tasked to take care of his dying mother until she passed. That's a lot of shit for anyone to have on their plate especially at that age.

I don't see how this Jess character can come back from this. It's ludicrous to even fathom the idea of taking a woman back that wasn't even by your side at your darkest moment. Like, if you wasn't there when I needed you why do you think I need you now? Her being an love interest in this game is laughable to me. She's almost as worse as Cass from Artemis.

Futhermore, this game has a couple of flaws. Right now I'm stuck trying to escape from the bitch in my nightmare, no matter what she counters my moves and kills me. So yeah, this minigame is one of the many reasons I'm going to have to skip on this. This cunt is like fighting Sub-Zero on the hard difficulty in 1992.

risky0

Oct 7, 2022
Your girlfriend was stolen from you by her boss for some ridiculous reason.
It's an exaggerated plot with no logic, just to create drama.

One of your LIs is probably another whore who has been cheating on her husband for a long time.
And you see her being fucked by another man.

Jana obviously acts like a slut and probably is a slut.
There are lesbian vibes between Helena and the woman at the gym.

Obviously it's not a game for people like me who don't like their LIs being touched by other people.
There are too many red flags. It doesn't inspire any confidence for the future.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Thanks for the opinion, it will help me make the game better later:)

Because I'm not a native speaker, it might cause some misunderstanding to you guys...sorry about that.
Err, doesn't she have a phone or a voice recorder? I haven't played the game ( yet), but if someone's blackmailing you, repeatedly, you simply record them. ( they do it all the time on that idiot Trump).
Ex gf storyline could work if it was a one time cheating/blackmail with her boss, or she was afraid for he life ( as her boss threatened her to keep her around. And MC can really ruin his ass later.
But if she's still willingly screwing around with him after betraying her bf ( who lost his mother later): few players will have any sympathy for her.

Bhaiyajii19

Nov 16, 2021
Your girlfriend was stolen from you by her boss for some ridiculous reason.
It's an exaggerated plot with no logic, just to create drama.

One of your LIs is probably another whore who has been cheating on her husband for a long time.
And you see her being fucked by another man.

Jana obviously acts like a slut and probably is a slut.
There are lesbian vibes between Helena and the woman at the gym.

Obviously it's not a game for people like me who don't like their LIs being touched by other people.
There are too many red flags. It doesn't inspire any confidence for the future.
Thank you for your comment
I thought only one of the Li has ntr
But this game is totally for ntr players
I should also skip this game
Such a waste of this good graphic

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Tried out the game and I must say that I like it quite a bit.

The whole "death by nightmare sickness" plotline is quite unique, and the Red Skull look like (and you put in the reference too, in terms of dialogue choice, heh) antagonist of the dreams I feel is really engaging to see in terms of characterization.

Here's hoping as MC delves into the truth and the mystery, it brings us to a one hell of a rabbithole that filled with surprise and horror; there's just not enough horror genre games on AVN-sphere, and I do wonder whether MC's fear and paranoia as well as real danger could influence his real world, and not just his dreams.
A very intriguing concept to explore.

And with the sandbox, I really like the whole simplified approach to the freeroam.
Many times I've seen devs go overboard with sandbox mechanics and while some of them may turn out decent, often I've found the mechanics either clunky or really grindy.
Choosing the girl to access her event I find just gets to the point of what the player wants in a satisfactory manner.

One question I have though are the stats.
In my playthrough of the game, I trained most of the times in freeroams in either Strength (pushups) or Vitality (swimming), and while the notification says "you strength/vitality has slightly increased" I noticed no increase at all in either of the stats.
Makes me a bit puzzled as to how many times the player should train before seeing an increase in the stat point.

As for the LIs, all seem to be unique in their own way, though I'd have to say Helene (the Doc) is leaving everyone else in dust being my favorite (my canon path is her exclusive route, haha).

Good job with the first release Dofla Studio.
Enjoyed it and I'll keep tabs on it for future updates.

Reactions: Dofla Studio
4.00 star(s) 8 Votes