Ren'Py The Haunting Nightmare [v0.3.2a] [Dofla Studio]

3.80 star(s) 9 Votes

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
i sort of feel like if betrayal was a key factor game could've started off with her Leaving to choose a better job and MC gets upset she chose a job over him. then she decides to come back and the drama starts of mc feeling abandoned(for example). right now well...who cares what happens to her. she already cheated so the damage is done.

BUT more important than that will the battles have a skip button? just asking cause some devs add a Skip button for those that want to focus more on the story and less on the freaking minigames/battles.

Dofla Studio

Game Developer
Oct 18, 2023
i sort of feel like if betrayal was a key factor game could've started off with her Leaving to choose a better job and MC gets upset she chose a job over him. then she decides to come back and the drama starts of mc feeling abandoned(for example). right now well...who cares what happens to her. she already cheated so the damage is done.

BUT more important than that will the battles have a skip button? just asking cause some devs add a Skip button for those that want to focus more on the story and less on the freaking minigames/battles.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll consider to add a skip function to let gamer choose whether play the card battle or not in the future version.

Reactions: Feyd

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
also needs the male protagonist tag.

as for sandbox not a game killer just as long as it isnt to grindy.

Dofla Studio

Game Developer
Oct 18, 2023
To those who are confused about the sandbox mode:

The game’s free time is limited! As the time pass, you will go to the ending no matter what. That means you can only do limited number of things and must skip others in the sandbox mode. So no need to worry about wasting time on repetitive plotlines:) this mechanism is only for you to choose the girls you like and develop your relationships with them.

ryansFLYIN

Sep 19, 2022
Many people are discussing my game, and I am glad that many people like it. I also welcome everyone to provide different opinions:),they help me improve my game.

So folks asked about NTR right? I think I need to do some clarification about this.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's not deserving of the NTR tag, no, but for the people who are anti-NTR, it's still close enough because the person that stole the MC's girlfriend from him is still in that relationship with her. So yes, the actual NTR is in the past, but I guess technically it is still ongoing? Like, it isn't an isolated incident. It wasn't an "I was drunk and banged this guy at a bar." She was quite literally stolen from the MC via blackmail and is still actively with said person.

Regardless, this is just some insight. I played her path to see what was up, but for me a cheater is always a cheater and she can lie in the bed she made for herself. I think its a shame, though, because she's definitely the best looking character in the game.

As of Version: 0.2.0a, this no longer applies.

Last edited:

OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
Fuck the blackmail plot again.:FacePalm:
What kind of players the dev want to attract that setting someone is/was close(the ex-girlfriend) to mc being blackmailed to have sex which lead to final break up and continue involving likely forced relationship and made a path to save her from her boss. Is there something called being blackmailed sex kink? Of course, no NTR, no cheating , just misunderstanding by lack of trust,mutual communication that lead to some fucking blackmail bullshit again.
Hope this path will make the story special or you are just making shit.:BootyTime:

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
I think it's great that the ex who cheated on the MC has a separate life and that it happened before the game started. That to give reality to the game the ex is fucking with the boss CURRENTLY seems cool to me but in real life I don't have to see it. And in this game you can see no matter how you paint it, if the mc can have feelings for her it's ntr. The excuses to include those images may be the ones that come out of your balls but it is what it is. And I don't think anyone who doesn't like ntr is playing this.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1697962886266.png
NTR is a parody of love stories, so this means any NTR storyline will mock and diss any story of love or understanding.
Now, the actual reality of this game is
About the actual NTR this story is text book NTR: Boss is blackmailing his subordonate for sexual favors in order for her not to loose her job. The way she sees it, like in any NTR story, it is phenomenally idiotic: she just discovered it was not her stealing some supplies off her work place, but her boss shipping tons of them to off the books/bogus places without the propper paperwork to make those huge shippments legit. This is text book NTR plot - boss is keeping his employees as sex slaves over their jobs.

There is such a thing as whiteknighting as a fetish/preferred way to play these games.
Many a player may be a sucker for white knight+goody two shoes+mother of all martyrs -playthroughs.
So, with that said, yes, this has text book NTR - boss caught your GF buying off the shelf medicine from the firm,
even tho he be a criminal himself, doing way more socially despicable things with his pharma firm,
like embezzeling his own firm over way more products,
he is dangling jail+lawsuit and job over your GF head to get her to do sexual favors for him.

#MeToo taught us you have to go full berserk on such bosses,
yet the GF is tight lipped to MC and to the doctor/therapist
which is absolutely abhorrent in this day and age where #MeToo should flourish
and have abused girls come outta the woodwork like snails or earthworms after the rain.

Last edited:

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
Thanks for the well needed explanation.
I think people who may have actually been in a relationship that resulted in being cheated on a character like Jess and the drama that surrounds her is definitely going to be a trigger. Because who wants to be cheated on, right? Yes, it sucks that she was blackmailed by her boss but why my question is even if they were on a "break" she couldn't reach out to him and let him know that she was being targeted? Were they even in love in the first place? Or was the "break up" that bad where she felt she couldn't come to the MC for help? Could she have quit where she worked? Gone to the authorities? I just want to know why sleeping with her boss multiple times was the only option for her?

It looks sooo far fetched, the whole situation, their fight for no really legit reason, her actions, she is either stupid (very stupid) or she wanted to fuck on the side, but again, she says that the boss disgusts her, but again she willingly fucks him and fucked in the past and never told MC or asked for help, too surreal, too far fetched, if this whole story was created only for some drama in a game (and Dev confirmed it) then he could have done it better. Because like I said she is either stupid as hell (and I don't like stupid) or she is whore (don't like cheaters either). But it's only my humble opinion of course.

OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
I would jusy say the whole blackmailed or some sort of misunderstanding between characters is not favoured by common players, even it is created for the plot. Just like if MC close one is raped or sexual assault in order to create or proceed the story, the players usually are disgusted by the plot and will just delete the game. If Dev really want to use his story which including some dark elements or even further develop into the dark path, you had better reconsidering your target and put a big warning in the front page to avoid further argument in this thread.

Dofla Studio

Game Developer
Oct 18, 2023

It looks sooo far fetched, the whole situation, their fight for no really legit reason, her actions, she is either stupid (very stupid) or she wanted to fuck on the side, but again, she says that the boss disgusts her, but again she willingly fucks him and fucked in the past and never told MC or asked for help, too surreal, too far fetched, if this whole story was created only for some drama in a game (and Dev confirmed it) then he could have done it better. Because like I said she is either stupid as hell (and I don't like stupid) or she is whore (don't like cheaters either). But it's only my humble opinion of course.
Thanks for the opinion, it will help me make the game better later:)

Because I'm not a native speaker, it might cause some misunderstanding to you guys...sorry about that.

Ag414

Dec 24, 2022
I am impressed with the renders and also satisfied with developer's explanation regarding Jessica. But I think it'ld been better if she was completely not shown in-game anymore I mean... like it was left in that way that she cheated on MC and that's it. There's no more meeting with her, no more talk with her and nothing... more like she just vanished from MC's life. Tho I still kinda like the game. Just one question tho... is impregnation/pregnancy planned for future updates or epilogue?
I personally would love to see them as after a strong betrayal/setback MC finally comes back in the line of life and finally starting family with all his love interests.

Last edited:

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
Thanks for the opinion, it will help me make the game better later:)

Because I'm not a native speaker, it might cause some misunderstanding to you guys...sorry about that.
Well, MC is no better in this situation, his behaviour and motivation is as questionable as Jess's. So, I was referring to this whole situation not only to her.

This whole arrangement and how far fetched it is kinda reminded me. There were some TV series, they are old, so I never watched them - Santa Barbara and Love & Secrets of Sunset Beach (might be wrong with this naming). So, yeah, I never saw them but I got the vibe according to endless mems and jokes around them. Those TV series have in common one thing - all their characters are delusional, silly, illogical. But again, those series did it's job, they were made for specific audience with some needs. So, if I were a middle aged house wife (if there are housewifes here - no offense, i am saying in general) then I would definitely have fallen for this plot twist, but I am not, hence I don't fall for it, I don't believe, hence I can't feel any pity towards Jess or MC, because the story is too unreal to believe.

I dunno wether you understood what I am saying or not, but this is not meant to insult you or offend in any way possible. It's just opinion, one out of, I dunno, hundreds of opinions probably, and of course i might be wrong.
And of course I understand that mostly users come here not for the story))), but the fact that you put it (this twist) in your
game means you want it to be smth more than fuckfest, and it's amazing. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered to comment anything.

Peace and good luck with the game.

Reactions: Dofla Studio

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
pls dev stop thhose mini games before ruin your story,not matter if they are easy or not but there isnt not need for this

Dofla Studio

Game Developer
Oct 18, 2023
I am impressed with the renders and also satisfied with developer's explanation regarding Jessica. But I think it'ld been better if she was completely not shown in-game anymore I mean... like it was left in that way that she cheated on MC and that's it. There's no more meeting with her, no more talk with her and nothing... more like she just vanished from MC's life. Tho I still kinda like the game. Just one question tho... is impregnation/pregnancy planned for future updates or epilogue?
I personally would love to see them as after a strong betrayal/setback MC finally comes back in the line of life and finally starting family with all his love interests.
First I'm glad you enjoy my game:)

I haven't finished each girls own story ends yet so...I might add elements you mentioned to have some more fun.:devilish:

Later maybe I'll post a vote on patreon and see where things go, but I will consider your advice surely;)

3.80 star(s) 9 Votes