CuteLilNori

Sep 10, 2022
... At one point in the story, one of the girls does something very naughty. I had planned to leave this naughty girl's punishment for a later update...
So I already reached to the end of beta version now where Maxine was making up a plan for something with the other girls at the HM's office. If what I was thinking is correct, then Maxine would surely get in trouble for something she was planning and get her first spanking at the next main release in a few days (hopefully)

Last edited:

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
Pulling up the statistic:
View attachment 2610870

Going from the latest values of 6.19$ average per patron he would earn allmost 20k. Depending on were you live it define how many people you can pay (full time). In a expensive country, like the one I live, it may be 4 people salary at best. So we already have AltosandHerdone and Gegecucu would mean that are only two more. Also all other cost (hardware, software, music licence, ...) are not yet in this number.
And not just their pay. In some areas it even induce additional tax burdens and other overheads under euphemisms such as National Insurance or FICA for example. Especially as employment laws expand to class so called 'gig' or agency workers/freelancers as employees depending on how they are employed.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Pulling up the statistic:
View attachment 2610870

Going from the latest values of 6.19$ average per patron he would earn allmost 20k. Depending on were you live it define how many people you can pay (full time). In a expensive country, like the one I live, it may be 4 people salary at best. So we already have AltosandHerdone and Gegecucu would mean that are only two more. Also all other cost (hardware, software, music licence, ...) are not yet in this number.
Well, the UK ain't no Norway, but it's close (of course as in most countries also depending on where in the country you live - however the sometimes seen claim "you could move to a cheap area to save on costs" is a bit out of order). And don't forget Patreon share and taxes, possibly premiums on insurance for self employed. I'd suppose the number is closer to 3 than 4. And 3 people ain't three times as fast, there are some things making them faster (like doing only "your" stuff you are good at and like) and some making them considerably slower (like coordinating the work packages, communication about progression and so forth). New hirees of course also first need to learn the ropes, for a while they won't contribute but indeed take resources away from those coaching them. All that assuming that you actually find suitable people for the position (I know of at least one project which stopped because dev couldn't hire a programmer for the tougher stuff, though I don't know whether he was willing to pay a reasonable sum or if it was on him in the end.)

Just pointing at a number and saying "you should be able to do so-and-so with this amount of money" from the outside is oversimplifying how projects work.

Aug 7, 2016
Development has gotten faster, quality has improved and I've been expanding my team as fast as I can. Ask Gegecucu how difficult it is to master the graphics software I use if you don't believe me. I could pay someone with less talent and experience to make the art and do the writing, but is that really what people want? Would the game still be what it is? Be careful what you wish for.
bro stop arguing with people xD you are doing a brilliant job i suspect most people like it and some don't, you get money from people who pay you of their own free will, you don't beg for more money or anything anyone would prefer, update every month without compromising quality but it is it's not feasible and if someone thinks otherwise, they're an idiot so stop arguing with everyone because it's pointless and I can see how much nerves it costs you, focus on your job or rest and not argue with some guy on the internet again because you waste energy on something unproductive better make yourself a drink and think about the next awesome stories you want to put in the game xD

raven54

Sep 12, 2022
Ask Gegecucu how difficult it is to master the graphics software I use if you don't believe me.
I played around with the studio mode of koikatsu and as far as I can tell, it's essentially the same as Playhome. What I learned is that it has a very high degree of freedom, both for still images and movies, but at the same time the freedom prevents it from protecting you from yourself. It's way too easy to make poses, which would be quite painful if not downright impossible. Adding mods can fine tune it even more with collision boxes (well shapes as legs etc aren't square), which avoids clipping, but at the same time it's yet another non-trivial feature to learn how to use properly.

I ended up bailing out because while I get the idea on how it works, actually doing it to get the wanted result is likely harder than people realize. Without a game plan, income or anything like that in sight I just couldn't push myself to spend the time needed to do anything useful with it. I will say that likely the most valuable lesson I learned is more respect for the people, who can use this properly to create useful renders.

bro stop arguing with people xD you are doing a brilliant job
stop arguing with everyone because it's pointless and I can see how much nerves it costs you
I fully agree. Don't waste time on endless arguments. One man vs the internet is a losing battle so don't even try.

update every month without compromising quality but it is it's not feasible and if someone thinks otherwise, they're an idiot
If there is a monthly update, people will whine about the lack of weekly updates. Weekly updates is what caused the . Simply put, Wall Street noticed that there would be money to be had in video games so they started buying up companies and then they had the idea that people should get one new game each weekend so they had one day to plan, two days to create and then 2 days to finish up. Needless to say the market got flooded with unplayble games nobody wanted.

The thing is, there will always be people, who want the release right now. There are also people who get upset if something is released too early because then they complain about bugs, even in pre-release betas intended to find and fix bugs. The key here is that it is up to the creators to figure out when something is ready for release and it is up to the community to support such decisions. What is absolutely not allowed to happen is some idiot making unreasonable demands and then it becomes idiot vs game creator with everybody else ignoring it. Idiots online might be neets who have problems getting time to pass and they can carry on and on forever. Such people should absolutely not be allowed to single out a single person and keep on pestering them.

Jul 8, 2021
Hello everybody! Found this bug during Friday meeting just before chapter 3, when you pass the rule of giving spankings yourself. Would be very grateful if somebody could help me with this thing. Sorry for my bad English and if I broke any rules
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
```
thanks in advance!

Last edited:

AltosandHerdone

Game Developer
Jan 5, 2019
bro stop arguing with people xD you are doing a brilliant job i suspect most people like it and some don't, you get money from people who pay you of their own free will, you don't beg for more money or anything anyone would prefer, update every month without compromising quality but it is it's not feasible and if someone thinks otherwise, they're an idiot so stop arguing with everyone because it's pointless and I can see how much nerves it costs you, focus on your job or rest and not argue with some guy on the internet again because you waste energy on something unproductive better make yourself a drink and think about the next awesome stories you want to put in the game xD
Thanks dude. You're right, of course. I'll will do just that.

Redwavewaters

Apr 8, 2021
Hello everybody! Found this bug during Friday meeting just before chapter 3, when you pass the rule of giving spankings yourself. Would be very grateful if somebody could help me with this thing. Sorry for my bad English and if I broke any rules
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/monday.rpy", line 2003, in script call
call mens_room_afternoon from _call_mens_room_afternoon_4
File "game/monday.rpy", line 1155, in script call
call mens_room_afternoon from _call_mens_room_afternoon_2
File "game/monday.rpy", line 1836, in script call
call the_lake from _call_the_lake_6
[Previous line repeated 2 more times]
File "game/monday.rpy", line 2901, in script call
call mens_room_afternoon from _call_mens_room_afternoon_6
File "game/monday.rpy", line 3694, in script call
call mens_room_afternoon from _call_mens_room_afternoon_8
File "game/monday.rpy", line 4595, in script call
call the_lake from _call_the_lake_16
File "game/monday.rpy", line 5078, in script call
call the_lake from _call_the_lake_18
File "game/monday.rpy", line 5269, in script call
call the_lake from _call_the_lake_19
File "game/monday.rpy", line 366, in script call
call mens_room_afternoon from _call_mens_room_afternoon
File "game/monday.rpy", line 2589, in script call
call reminders from _call_reminders_3
File "game/events.rpy", line 4085, in script
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "game/events.rpy", line 4085, in <module>
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "game/screens custom.rpy", line 1572, in execute
screen board_screen(can_interact = True):
File "game/screens custom.rpy", line 1598, in execute
use expression ["board_roster","corporal_punishments","public_punishments","uniform_policy","headmaster_privileges","other_rules","sbi"][agenda]
File "game/screens custom.rpy", line 1640, in execute
screen corporal_punishments:
File "game/screens custom.rpy", line 1649, in execute
vbox:
File "game/screens custom.rpy", line 1672, in execute
use to_rule_them_all(rules_to_show, rules_to_show_per_page)
File "game/rules.rpy", line 579, in execute
screen to_rule_them_all(rules_to_show = [], rules_to_show_per_page = [0]):
File "game/rules.rpy", line 581, in execute
for i in range(rules_to_show_per_page[rule_page-1]):
File "game/rules.rpy", line 581, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/monday.rpy", line 2003, in script call
call mens_room_afternoon from _call_mens_room_afternoon_4
[Previous line repeated 2 more times]
File "game/monday.rpy", line 2901, in script call
call mens_room_afternoon from _call_mens_room_afternoon_6
File "game/monday.rpy", line 3694, in script call
call mens_room_afternoon from _call_mens_room_afternoon_8
File "game/monday.rpy", line 5078, in script call
call the_lake from _call_the_lake_18
File "game/monday.rpy", line 5269, in script call
call the_lake from _call_the_lake_19
File "game/monday.rpy", line 366, in script call
call mens_room_afternoon from _call_mens_room_afternoon
File "game/monday.rpy", line 2589, in script call
call reminders from _call_reminders_3
File "game/events.rpy", line 4085, in script
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "C:\Users\Downloads\TheHeadmaster-0.14.1beta-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Downloads\TheHeadmaster-0.14.1beta-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/events.rpy", line 4085, in <module>
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "C:\Users\Downloads\TheHeadmaster-0.14.1beta-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1537, in pause
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay, pause_modal=modal)
File "C:\Users\Downloads\TheHeadmaster-0.14.1beta-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Downloads\TheHeadmaster-0.14.1beta-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "C:\Users\Downloads\TheHeadmaster-0.14.1beta-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\Downloads\TheHeadmaster-0.14.1beta-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "C:\Users\Downloads\TheHeadmaster-0.14.1beta-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
File "C:\Users\Downloads\TheHeadmaster-0.14.1beta-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "C:\Users\Downloads\TheHeadmaster-0.14.1beta-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\Downloads\TheHeadmaster-0.14.1beta-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
self.update()
File "C:\Users\Downloads\TheHeadmaster-0.14.1beta-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 653, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/screens custom.rpy", line 1598, in execute
use expression ["board_roster","corporal_punishments","public_punishments","uniform_policy","headmaster_privileges","other_rules","sbi"][agenda]
File "game/screens custom.rpy", line 1649, in execute
vbox:
File "game/screens custom.rpy", line 1672, in execute
use to_rule_them_all(rules_to_show, rules_to_show_per_page)
File "game/rules.rpy", line 581, in execute
File "game/rules.rpy", line 581, in <module>
File "C:\Users\Downloads\TheHeadmaster-0.14.1beta-pc\renpy\revertable.py", line 217, in __getitem__
rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
The Headmaster 0.14.1beta
Wed May 10 20:56:10 2023
```
thanks in advance!
Look here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-headmaster-v0-14-1-beta-altos-and-herdone.23470/post-10711810

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
This update was just *chef's kiss*. Personally the more on rails method worked better for me. No need for finding scenes, passing days etc. The pacing ended up so much better that way.

The freeroam is great for little scenes that can be added over time, little checkups etc. as a fallout from these bigger, more linear scenes.

I would love to see more such updates. I was always on the fence with this game, playing when it updated but overall the experience was usually nothing super amazing. This update definitely turned me around.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Gegecucu
Apr 24, 2019
First of all, Good work. This is a great game, keep up the good work. There are only a few tiny aspects that I didn't like but they are not at all important not even worth to mention. Overall, cool idea, awasome work & effort, beautiful design, and great game. Thank you.

The problem is, I'm getting an error/exception thingy everytime Miss Chang(crazy science lady) speaks. It does not matter if I'm speaking to her in school, home, etc. Every time she says anything, exception happens. I ignored the exceptions and game continued fine but I have no idea what she said or asked. I searched in the thread but people said it is AMD Graphics related but I'm using NVIDIA GPU. My CPU is AMD but without integrated GPU so I don't think it is AMD related (but I'm open to see the valid points as to why it could be still related)

Traceback is in spoilers

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I would say you can make a mostly text based game with only some still images ( no animations needed) which can be highly erotic.
Yes, you can, I have experienced it first hand :)

I think in the first days the game was more erotic and funny with fewer resources (aka "amount of content"), and now it's the opposite.
While this may be true - and of course also always will be a matter of taste - I guess there is also the novelty aspect. The first time you load up a game and get to know the characters a bit tends to be more exciting, to me at least, than continuing. Don't get me wrong, some stories capture the imagination and you really wanna know how it will turn out, and in sandbox games I am a sucker for the feeling of progress more than the reaching of the final goal, but something still is lost along the way.

Not only here, the first time loading up a new strategy game makes me all excited about the mechanics and opportunities and sites, the first time I load a sandbox RPG I love exploring the world. But while the mechanics of the 7th civilization I play are still interesting, and while solving this one story the evil way really is a nice variant, the novelty gets lost.

In a way it even counts for the genre as a whole. I still hold a candle in my heart for some of the first games I experienced and the characters in them, even though I have enjoyed better made games with deeper characters later, they just never will have this specific characteristic.

Aug 7, 2016
To prove it you need to define "amount of content" first. Is the amount of content the count of words? The count of added bytes? The count of different images?
Or is it the count of different scenes, which could be small in word count and byte count, but would be fun for the player? Who could define "fun"?
Or is the amount of content of an update the amount of erotic psychological energy that makes the player fap? How could one define that energy?
I would say you can make a mostly text based game with only some still images ( no animations needed) which can be highly erotic.

I think in the first days the game was more erotic and funny with fewer resources (aka "amount of content"), and now it's the opposite.

For e.g. commercial office software this effect is known as bloatware. All is bigger but it's not for the good.
I'm curious, what's your problem with the last update? I'm not attacking you or anything just curious why you think it's "less erotic and not funny" I had fun, the dialogue was funny, even the ending where we have the comic book antagonist was cringy but that's why you didn't like it? Do you think it's not enough for these few months or what is it?

Reactions: TheDevian

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Please don't ping directly Altos. If you absolutely want to ping someone, please ping me.
Especially since this issue has already been reported:
https://f95zone.to/search/270423313/?q=1676&t=post&c[thread]=23470&o=relevance
(It's Lucy, not Harriet)

This bug will be fixed for the public release.
I've also experienced duplication of text (upper-left) during punishments and persistence of text (I believe it was with Amy). Looked, but didn't see anyone report this. Cosmetic for sure, but just wanted to let you know.

Malice2099

Sep 7, 2021
Well I just played through and finished the last update. I really enjoyed it and thought that it was really well done. There will always be complaints and criticism no matter what the update content includes as that is the nature of some people and the internet. I am a firm believer that if you think you can do better then make your own game... learn the software, models, programming and make your own story, otherwise just be patient and supportive for those that actually do it.

I will not lie by stating that I was looking forward to the advance training with Amy, Miss Potts etc however there was so much content with the last update that I had a blast playing through it.

The names are also great - Reilly Goodhead haha.

Keep up the good work.

Malice

• Red Heart

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Well I just played through and finished the last update. I really enjoyed it and thought that it was really well done. There will always be complaints and criticism no matter what the update content includes as that is the nature of some people and the internet. I am a firm believer that if you think you can do better then make your own game... learn the software, models, programming and make your own story, otherwise just be patient and supportive for those that actually do it.

I will not lie by stating that I was looking forward to the advance training with Amy, Miss Potts etc however there was so much content with the last update that I had a blast playing through it.

The names are also great - Reilly Goodhead haha.

Keep up the good work.

Malice
You are always going to have a faction that is unhappy if you experiment and deviate from the norm. I have no idea how many are critical of his choice for a linear, on-the-rails experience; personally, I enjoyed it for the most part, I just would like it to remain a one-off occurrence. I noticed some people were critical of it moving in a direction that they didn't like; I quote, "I do not like this charity fund raising chapter much, I am missing erotic tension. It's more cheap porn. Mostly completely unrealistic nonsense. Ruth and the mother of Arabella just accept it..." I admit I was sort of thinking along those lines, especially when it came to Ruth rolling over so easily, but you have to put it into context. This fundraiser, I believe, is after you have proven yourself by achieving the 100 grade set by Ruth, limiting how much she can push back on it. Think about it: you have 3 weeks to achieve this; it's not possible with this event it in the middle of it. Now that could change, but you still have Alice, Liz, Faye, Twins' story progression and character development, so it won't be quite as jarring.

Also, to all those complaining about bugs, this is a beta. Please refrain from being so candid about your ignorance. That said, being in a state of flux, it does make me hopeful some things that were cut might make it for the final released update, because it really did take the wind out of my sails to find that the after-school staff training had been cut for the 2nd consecutive time. Also, if we are on the subject of wishing for things, the addition of some random encounters during patrol on the weekends would be nice.

Last edited:

DrNefarious57

Sep 15, 2021
I've played and greatly enjoyed 14.2beta. I started with my save file from 13.2public, which was 100% complete. I'm playing on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (Linux), and had no problems at all (no crashes, no bugs, etc.). This has been discussed before, but I unzipped the new game update into a new directory, not on top of the old one. I think this might be the reason some folks have problems.

4.50 star(s) 251 Votes