Gegecucu

Nov 18, 2017
@AltosandHerdone I'm getting an invalid syntax error (Student_conversations.rpy, line 1676) when addressing Harriet in the hall on Friday Afternoon. Can't ignore. rollback is possible.
Please don't ping directly Altos. If you absolutely want to ping someone, please ping me.
Especially since this issue has already been reported:
https://f95zone.to/search/270423313/?q=1676&t=post&c[thread]=23470&o=relevance
(It's Lucy, not Harriet)

This bug will be fixed for the public release.

ChaosDMNS

Sep 18, 2018
I'm not complaining... Just stating facts. I Love this game.. I just was stupid enough to try the beta. I'll go back to the normal version now.

Malice2099

Sep 7, 2021
Might be a bug with your save. Try pressing shift o. Then type:
maxine_uw1 = False

That will reset the office event with Maxine and should allow the quest to trigger.
If you have triggered the quest but can't find the patrol event. Press shift and o the type:
mr_donation = 120
Thank you so much for this. Appreciate the fast response. I am a huge fan of this game so I am going to load it up and try this right away.

EDIT: maxine_uw1=False caused the initial Maxine visit to the headmaster office re: School Uniform complaint (the sexy minx scene) to repeat but did not trigger the patrol events for the Mole Rat donations and event.

mr_donation = 120 worked like a charm and caused the event to trigger.

Malice

Last edited:

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
Did you figure this out? ...... I have unlocked all lucy stuff - dance, spank, kiss, handjob. What else to do?
Wait another few years for a glorious update where Lucy is now a 55 year old corpulent charwoman you can grope while she's picking up your dirty underwear from the floor and complains about your poor hygiene standards. Which you can ignore of course, by turning off your hearing aids.

• Haha
Reactions: qawsedqw

AltosandHerdone

Game Developer
Jan 5, 2019
While you do have a point in endless projects, you also have flawed logic. You assume equal amount of work with each release. The thing is, each release has bugfixes in past content and with each release, past content increases. On top of that, newer renders are of higher quality and a bunch of old renders have been replaced to match the newer renders in quality. For instance Lucy dancing will no longer show her pigtail clipping through her torso. Also videos are added where still frames were used before. All this obviously takes time to add without providing "new" contents, yet it improves the overall impression.

On top of that you assume each release will have the same amount of new text. You can't make that assumption. Most likely the amount of render and text increases in each release have increased as the number of releases per year goes down. I will also argue that adding more text now could be a slower process as the world building is pretty much set and as such writing new personality building storylines have a higher risk of clashing with previously written text. This means more details to cross check.
This is all absolutely correct. Simply counting the number of releases doesn't take into account how big they were, or the quality of the art, animations and writing. Our early updates were less than half the size of our recent ones, both in terms of words and image count. The animation quality isn't even comparable. Plus interweaving new story lines with existing content gets ever more complicated.
The game currently contains over 500,000 words of dialogue (about 5 lengthy novels worth), plus around 14,000 images. Compared to the total content, each new update might appear smaller. However, that's just an inevitable consequence of the game getting bigger over time. The fact is, I am a prolific writer and artist, the amount of content I put out a year has only gone up, and anyone saying otherwise is provably false.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
That might be the case and for reading people the updates are mostly longer than most other games. But its really a pain in the ass to wait a half year...most normal brains forget some details during that time. Personally i would prefer more updates. Okay, this one was focused on a single but big event, so thats okay, but if you "just" add or continue a bunch of quests and events it would be better to release more updates. And i stay true to my main complain, please continue what you started first and then add new stuff. I dont even remember when the nudist beach was added to the rule suggestions, but it remembers me every single ingame week it still is not there and only teases me...also the training for potts, i'm not a fan of her or her content, but i lose discipline every day because of the missing training, that sucks for perfectionists like me -,-

AltosandHerdone

Game Developer
Jan 5, 2019
That might be the case and for reading people the updates are mostly longer than most other games. But its really a pain in the ass to wait a half year...most normal brains forget some details during that time. Personally i would prefer more updates. Okay, this one was focused on a single but big event, so thats okay, but if you "just" add or continue a bunch of quests and events it would be better to release more updates. And i stay true to my main complain, please continue what you started first and then add new stuff. I dont even remember when the nudist beach was added to the rule suggestions, but it remembers me every single ingame week it still is not there and only teases me...also the training for potts, i'm not a fan of her or her content, but i lose discipline every day because of the missing training, that sucks for perfectionists like me -,-
I can't magic storylines and renders out of nowhere, six months is about how long it takes to produce this amount of content (and that's with a long crunch period). It might be a pain in the arse to wait but it's a bigger pain to produce it all, let me tell you. If I could go quicker, I would.
I'd also like to point out to you that this entire game has been designed around the Patreon business model. I set up a lot of storylines on purpose and then gave people the choice about what they wanted me to work on in polls. What I did not foresee is that everyone would want everything (plus a whole bunch of other stuff) and then get annoyed with me that I couldn't make it all at once. I am doing my best to work my way through all the different story ideas, but it's going to take a long time and there is no way around that. Not without sacrificing quality, anyway.
You can come on here every six months and complain I should have done more or I should have worked on something else, but it won't change a damn thing. Unless you have a time machine or a way for me to clone myself, then you'll just have to be patient and enjoy what you get.

Jun 13, 2022
View attachment 2610221

I wouldn't mind a short playable demo of "The Headmistress" in a similar fashion of those festive events not gonna lie.
Oh yes , please, please, please Z - Reborn !

Please Z - Reborn, write this fine New Game for us. (Altos and Herdone may not have the time for doing it.)
I'd like to play it as soon as possible.

Tell us please.
Will Reilly Goodhead be the Headmistress?
When is the first date of 0.1 issue ?
And when comes the second update for it?
How many updates you will be possible to release a year?
I'm hoping four.
I am so curious about all this facts.

P.S.: I'm only joking! :LOL: Do i?:unsure:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
The problem with this idea of "continuing what you started" in a sandbox game is that things do not happen in any kind of linear order. And while it helps to do as much, say, Rachel stuff as possible in a row because the dev may suffer the same problems ("what did I intend with this scene when I wrote it ten months ago?"), some of the stuff needs other things to happen around campus. It may be the general development of rules, the necessary advancement of other characters (you need to get Amy ready to help teaching about punishment by being a guinea pig before you can do any more in that direction) and that of course means new threads opening up which will remain unfinished for now. This is very much unlike the more linear VNs in which both the dev writes the game and the player plays the game in the order stuff happens. So when you play a box during development, you will always have a distorted view on both ends - the dev may even write stuff in a different order than the player will play it. And a lot of the new stuff is needed to be able to continue old stuff in a meaningful way.

I don't like it that much either but I think it is unavoidable. What really counts is the experience in the finished game, which of course will not exist for quite a while, until then people will have "their" threads hanging and it might not even be the same ones. You mentioned the nudist beach, my main concern is Zoe.

WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
I can't magic storylines and renders out of nowhere, six months is about how long it takes to produce this amount of content (and that's with a long crunch period). It might be a pain in the arse to wait but it's a bigger pain to produce it all, let me tell you. If I could go quicker, I would.
I'd also like to point out to you that this entire game has been designed around the Patreon business model. I set up a lot of storylines on purpose and then gave people the choice about what they wanted me to work on in polls. What I did not foresee is that everyone would want everything (plus a whole bunch of other stuff) and then get annoyed with me that I couldn't make it all at once. I am doing my best to work my way through all the different story ideas, but it's going to take a long time and there is no way around that. Not without sacrificing quality, anyway.
You can come on here every six months and complain I should have done more or I should have worked on something else, but it won't change a damn thing. Unless you have a time machine or a way for me to clone myself, then you'll just have to be patient and enjoy what you get.
You earn more than 10k a month (probably a lot more but we all know people hide it when it becomes an absurd number). It's time to start thinking about how you can increase productivity. People are fair in expecting the game's progress to get faster as you start earning more than most small studios. You can choose not to care about this, and just work at your own pace - after all, it's people's choice to support you even if you're already earning far more than enough to work at your current rate. But you're also going to have to accept a lot of these comments you're unhappy with are valid.

Erkike

Sep 25, 2021
New Version 0.2.2

Hi everyone,
We’ve finished fixing all the little bugs, correcting the odd typos and adding some extra notes to tell people when storylines are finished for this version. Thank you to everyone who took the time to bring these to our attention. A list of the changes is below. If you haven’t played version 0.2 yet use this file and start a new save. Saves from version 0.2.1 should work fine with version 0.2.2 but please note there’s no new content. Hopefully that’s everything sorted. We’re going to be fully focused now on producing lots of new content for version 0.3.

Altos and Herdone

Mega PC Version

Mega MAC Version

Changes in 0.2.2
  • Fixed bug where you couldn’t speak to Miss Chang on the first day.
  • Fixed bug where the game crashed after you inspected Priti’s underwear.
  • Fixed bug where the view changer buttons were still displaying after Debbie’s first spanking scene.
  • Fixed bug where game crashes if you refuse Mister Wilson’s request to take naked photos of Priti (please note the quest ends here for now, more in version 0.3).
  • Fixed bug where you couldn’t perform a uniform inspection on Charlotte.
  • Fixed bug where some events were not being recorded as seen in the replay screen.
  • Fixed bug where you required a different number of stats points than stated (For rule change and sports events).
  • Fixed several typos.
  • Added character information sheets for April and Emily (for old saves these won’t appear until you start a new day).
  • Added character notes for the nurse, Donna, Liz, April and Emily (for old saves these won’t appear until you start a new day).
links down

AltosandHerdone

Game Developer
Jan 5, 2019
You earn more than 10k a month (probably a lot more but we all know people hide it when it becomes an absurd number). It's time to start thinking about how you can increase productivity. People are fair in expecting the game's progress to get faster as you start earning more than most small studios. You can choose not to care about this, and just work at your own pace - after all, it's people's choice to support you even if you're already earning far more than enough to work at your current rate. But you're also going to have to accept a lot of these comments you're unhappy with are valid.
Development has gotten faster, quality has improved and I've been expanding my team as fast as I can. Ask Gegecucu how difficult it is to master the graphics software I use if you don't believe me. I could pay someone with less talent and experience to make the art and do the writing, but is that really what people want? Would the game still be what it is? Be careful what you wish for.

WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
Development has gotten faster, quality has improved and I've been expanding my team as fast as I can. Ask Gegecucu how difficult it is to master the graphics software I use if you don't believe me. I could pay someone with less talent and experience to make the art and do the writing, but is that really what people want? Would the game still be what it is? Be careful what you wish for.
There are always ways to get more people in especially on graphics pipelines. Especially given how many renders are variations of others, from experience those things take a lot of time up in the pipeline, where somebody with a less skilled hand could be used. A lot of renders in general aren't artistic masterpieces (especially framing is usually fairly straight forward as a lot is POV), and while Playhome(If I'm right) isn't easy to use, it's far from unlearnable, having someone else compose some scenes even as a rough draft I can imagine would be useful as it is in the rest of industry.

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
The thing is, it seems these days people are never happy. 'There should be more content per update', 'There should be an update every month', 'My favourite character doesn't have enough screen time in this update', 'The file size should be smaller', 'The animations should be longer' etc, etc, etc. It won't matter the true details of what you release people will still complain. You could put out an update the size and quality of a mainstream AAA developer every month for a year and people would still complain.

If I could make a single request it would be that you make sure that you keep telling the story you want to tell and not let those who are never ever going to be satisfied derail you from that goal.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Pulling up the statistic:
1683736001416.png

Going from the latest values of 6.19$ average per patron he would earn allmost 20k. Depending on were you live it define how many people you can pay (full time). In a expensive country, like the one I live, it may be 4 people salary at best. So we already have AltosandHerdone and Gegecucu would mean that are only two more. Also all other cost (hardware, software, music licence, ...) are not yet in this number.

4.50 star(s) 251 Votes