wyldstrykr

Nov 30, 2017

help?? i save after teleporting on the castle then quit and i cannot open the game anymore. tried downloading the game and it didnt work.
EDIT: same thing happens in other games too. tried restarting and it stuck at restarting @ windows 10. tried holding the power button and then restart and it work. but i got less FPS than before.. :(

Last edited:

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
Did Alaine the nun not appear in the mirror dream world extra content? I think i saw everyone there but her.

Last edited:

smilee2110

Jun 17, 2021
so about the dream world, i got 2 broken disc but i can't find where the last boss is, alr went around giant Alma but nothing happen.. do i need to finish the game first to unlock that last illusion/dream boss?

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
so about the dream world, i got 2 broken disc but i can't find where the last boss is, alr went around giant Alma but nothing happen.. do i need to finish the game first to unlock that last illusion/dream boss?
There should be a gate behind boss Aurora. You can place the 2 broken discs there.

Reactions: smilee2110

tentacruel

Feb 2, 2020
A dream world? Giant Alma? Broken Discs? Did I miss that much content?

• Haha
Reactions: sonhot

Zakkuri

Jan 16, 2018
I dunno, I can't get into it. Why ape the Dark Souls aesthetic and themes, which require subtletly and minimism, and then fill your game with characters who won't stfu, tell you nothing of interest or just destroy all the mystery of the place by infodumping. People need to hire writers or dispense with narrative altogether, people suck at it.

You get "shown" you can do what you want in the dungeons, but you can't really. Can't kill the rapist, nor can you rape others. Plus the combat seems pretty basic bitch. Can't avoid damage at all, for instance. It's amusing just how little the dev understands the game he's inspired by.

Anyone wanting a RPGmaker Dark Souls should just go to Black Souls. The narrative there is something else, and the combat is fun if broken.

tentacruel

Feb 2, 2020
I dunno, I can't get into it. Why ape the Dark Souls aesthetic and themes, which require subtletly and minimism, and then fill your game with characters who won't stfu, tell you nothing of interest or just destroy all the mystery of the place by infodumping. People need to hire writers or dispense with narrative altogether, people suck at it.

You get "shown" you can do what you want in the dungeons, but you can't really. Can't kill the rapist, nor can you rape others. Plus the combat seems pretty basic bitch. Can't avoid damage at all, for instance. It's amusing just how little the dev understands the game he's inspired by.

Anyone wanting a RPGmaker Dark Souls should just go to Black Souls. The narrative there is something else, and the combat is fun if broken.
The most crucial thing for me was that the game did nothing to punish me for being stupid or ignorant. For instance, while playing Black Souls, you could pick up the bread crumbs lying on the ground, so that Hansel and Gretel turned into beasts. You could continue playing after that, but you'd miss a lot of things that way. The Heart of Darkness as it is does nothing to encourage you to try other choices, because there is none. In fact, it's one of the reasons why playing the game after beating it once is stupid thing to do.

Last edited:

Darksavior

Dec 2, 2018
So I know everyone read(or knows about) the guide but I went and tried every soul partner because I thought it was kind of unfair that Mantra and Marx and Manasume are the highlight in the guide so you won't actually challenge your self in the game by not abusing it.(They all start with M, Illumanti confirmed???)

The game is also interesting to play as non-adventurer as well. Don't sleep on the Aristocrat or the Sorcerer. They are actually fun. Use your "Adventurer knowledge" of remembering where things are if you don't like missing things.

So here a shadow soul partner review. Aristocrat makes this REALLY easy to do so I could really try everything.

I semi-followed the same format as guide.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Enjoy

Last edited:

nitu23

Jun 11, 2019
I'm not sure if anyone else has posted about this yet (I searched the thread but didn't find anything). I decompiled the game and opened it up in the WOLF editor, and as far as I can tell, there is no 4th ending, at least in this version of the game. The 4th painting has no secondary event page like the other ones where it would display the image related to the ending. The event code only contains the text "A blank canvas decorates the wall." I've gone through all of the common events, as well as most of the events on important maps, like the king's castle, Alma's room, the mansion, etc.

There is an image called EX_EndingEX_Cut1.png that shows Alma making a smoochy face that says "Thank you for playing, I love you!" but I don't see how that's triggered anywhere.

Also, I looked at the events for the 3 "Shadow Soul" scenes that under the Others tab in the gallery. They are apparently scenes with Matra, Eluna (A character I somehow missed entirely), and Masamune that I missed? Does anyone know how to trigger those? From the text, it seems like you give them a temporary body in a doll.

Dvnasty

Sep 7, 2017
I'm not sure if anyone else has posted about this yet (I searched the thread but didn't find anything). I decompiled the game and opened it up in the WOLF editor, and as far as I can tell, there is no 4th ending, at least in this version of the game. The 4th painting has no secondary event page like the other ones where it would display the image related to the ending. The event code only contains the text "A blank canvas decorates the wall." I've gone through all of the common events, as well as most of the events on important maps, like the king's castle, Alma's room, the mansion, etc.

There is an image called EX_EndingEX_Cut1.png that shows Alma making a smoochy face that says "Thank you for playing, I love you!" but I don't see how that's triggered anywhere.

Also, I looked at the events for the 3 "Shadow Soul" scenes that under the Others tab in the gallery. They are apparently scenes with Matra, Eluna (A character I somehow missed entirely), and Masamune that I missed? Does anyone know how to trigger those? From the text, it seems like you give them a temporary body in a doll.

7. Auguste (after completing all deborah request )
- To get in this one you need to take a black cat in Deborah's shop and it will talked to you
- First sight is the cathedral room of Sanctuary, the room where you fight the boss
- Second sight is in the Garden of the Pruners, he will be in the North (up) of the Red Rose Garden
- Third sight is in the Ullamvarna, he will be close to a statue
- Fourth sight is at the left side of the Howling cliff, Groaning Valley
- Last sight is in the Cruz' Gaol inside the the great library of Midnight Sun Castle. you will fight a boss first, and the you will fight him. Be prepared!

(assume u kill all boss already) then u will need to talk to the old man in the other shop to get a blueprint, then talk to the cat to build a mirror... u can find more info by searching big alma.. some of us talked about the post game content few pages back.. and yes ending 4 is a troll. there is no ending 4

nitu23

Jun 11, 2019
(assume u kill all boss already) then u will need to talk to the old man in the other shop to get a blueprint, then talk to the cat to build a mirror... u can find more info by searching big alma.. some of us talked about the post game content few pages back.. and yes ending 4 is a troll. there is no ending 4
I did the whole mirror world and killed the past Alma's, did I miss something in there related to the spirits to get those 3 scenes?

Dvnasty

Sep 7, 2017
I did the whole mirror world and killed the past Alma's, did I miss something in there related to the spirits to get those 3 scenes?
u did talk to Auguste again? he will mention something about a bigger presence.. go to where the wizard mc is and walk pass the bridge.. ( right side of the other mc character)

• Red Heart
Reactions: nitu23

nitu23

Jun 11, 2019
u did talk to Auguste again? he will mention something about a bigger presence.. go to where the wizard mc is and walk pass the bridge.. ( right side of the other mc character)
Ah, foolish me, I never went back to talk to Auguste after I did all that. That explains it, thanks!

wyldstrykr

Nov 30, 2017
question: if you died in the mirror world, where do you get back your rupies??
also i got the doll thingy after going to the right from the bridge of mirror world. anyone knows whats the use of that? EDIT: theres another option on the party select room

Last edited:

Darksavior

Dec 2, 2018
question: if you died in the mirror world, where do you get back your rupies??
also i got the doll thingy after going to the right from the bridge of mirror world. anyone knows whats the use of that? EDIT: theres another option on the party select room
You don't. You died in your mind. Also you can go to any of the 3 female shadow souls and they have a new option.

Reactions: wyldstrykr
3.90 star(s) 19 Votes