DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
Anyone tried beating the game five times for acquiring all of the "tales" for the third ending? I'm gonna do it regardless, so just asking.
There's a save nearby with three endings completed so if you wanna try it use it, you'll need to play a magician&knight run.

Dvnasty

Sep 7, 2017
Anyone tried beating the game five times for acquiring all of the "tales" for the third ending? I'm gonna do it regardless, so just asking.
i did another run for knight but it make the 3rd painting bug, i can no longer click on the 3rd painting after having 4/5 hero ending lolx. lucky i have backup save

tentacruel

Feb 2, 2020
i did another run for knight but it make the 3rd painting bug, i can no longer click on the 3rd painting after having 4/5 hero ending lolx. lucky i have backup save
Lmao. For quite a short game The Heart of Darkness has too many bugs and the like.

Dvnasty

Sep 7, 2017
what if our ignore knigth?
if u mean, what if i ignore the knight mc and do the wizard for the 4/5 hero ending, then i can say its not worth the time.. there is many other games/things to do other than replaying this again and again.. even if i go for a speed run, i will need at least an hour to do that.. too lazy lolx..

tentacruel

Feb 2, 2020
if u mean, what if i ignore the knight mc and do the wizard for the 4/5 hero ending, then i can say its not worth the time.. there is many other games/things to do other than replaying this again and again.. even if i go for a speed run, i will need at least an hour to do that.. too lazy lolx..
On the one hand, you have a point. This game does nothing to award you for playing it again and again. That's why Black Souls didn't force you to waste your time, as all of the endings were availible to acquire in one go. That's why Demon's Souls, for example, had World Tendency system, so playing the game second time with another class was funny and all. On the other hand, I'm gonna do it regardless, lmao :/. I'm feeling stupid for "bragging" something like that. Well, this feeling is justified, I guess.

tentacruel

Feb 2, 2020
What if the Sanctuary and the kingdome are all but your own floor inside the huge construct of original Sanctuary of Darkness? So when your journey ends, your soul is "dragged" to the begining of it, symbolizing the eternity all of Haillard rulers have dreamed of? The problem solved, no fourth endings exists. What a smart man I truly am, huh

Last edited:

Miacis

Oct 17, 2019
What if the Sanctuary and the kingdome are but your own floor inside the huge construct of original Sanctuary of Darkness? So when your journey ends, your soul is "dragged" to the begining of it, symbolizing the eternity all of Haillard rulers have dreamed of? The problem solved, no fourth endings exists. What a smart man I truly am, huh
The documents found throughout the game say that the Sanctuary has been man-made within the time of Beast King's reign. He's pretty old as we can tell in the 3rd ending.

Reactions: sonhot

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Tempting...
But I'd rather wait a few more weeks for a quality translation.
Please stop giving me a likes.
The game is really bad.
:cry:

The story is boring and predictable.
Companions are just empty silent husks with no opinion or personality.
"Souls like" type of games is not suitable for RPG maker turn-based mechanics.
The quality of your gaming skills does not matter here.
You can't "finish the whole game naked, with a rusty knife and without anyone hitting you".

The whole gameplay is many tedious hours of farming weak enemies, so you have a chance to defeat the boss and then repeat the whole process X times.

I was hoping the game would be something like Fear and Hunger.
(https://f95zone.to/threads/fear-hunger-v1-4-1-orange.24142/)

Huge disappointment...

tentacruel

Feb 2, 2020
The game is really bad.

You can't "finish the whole game naked, with a rusty knife and without anyone hitting you".

The whole gameplay is many tedious hours of farming weak enemies, so you have a chance to defeat the boss and then repeat the whole process X times.

Huge disappointment...
You bet they're husks. The Sanctuary stole their souls, after all!
Anyway, the game itself isn't bad. It's mediocre. Nothing speacial, but arguably good as it is.
Also, where did you find farming in the game? I've beat the game for three endings so far, and that farming of yours has been non-existent for all this time.
And... how good is the game you mentioned? Asking for a friend.

Dvnasty

Sep 7, 2017
The game is really bad.

Huge disappointment...
then, should we start liking this post then? ;) can u give a brief review and how horror/adult game it is? look decent.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
And... how good is the game you mentioned? Asking for a friend.
If you want very hard (but fair), dark, scary rpg maker game that has many endings, lot of decisions that matter, good story, interesting companions and little bit of sex, there is no better game than Fear and Hunger.

Reactions: tentacruel

tentacruel

Feb 2, 2020
If you want very hard (but fair), dark, scary rpg maker game that has many endings, lot of decisions that matter, good story, interesting companions and little bit of sex, there is no better game than Fear and Hunger.
Thank you, I'm definitely going to try it!

Reactions: Edvin

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
Choices matter means that later a 10% of the game changes or that you find yourself in a dead end 5 min later? I've seen that trick lots of times, most if not all of the times a game sells you the "choices matter" "every playthrough is different" they are lying and at most there's a new scene after 20h.
EDIT. Choices matter can also mean that you can choose among a few options but only one of them ends up being the correct one to get the new event or item.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Choices matter means that later a 10% of the game changes or that you find yourself in a dead end 5 min later? I've seen that trick lots of times, most if not all of the times a game sells you the "choices matter" "every playthrough is different" they are lying and at most there's a new scene after 20h.
EDIT. Choices matter can also mean that you can choose among a few options but only one of them ends up being the correct one to get the new event or item.
That is true more often than I would like :cry:

We all remember how much "choices matter" in Mass Effect 3 and his many "different endings".
I would compare it to a decision:
"What color will have the massive dildo which we gonna forcefully put in your ass" ?
Such different experiences...

Reactions: DBAV
3.90 star(s) 19 Votes