Sarica

Time Waits For No One
Trial Moderator
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Aug 18, 2017
Good luck, there's a surprising amount of text in this due to all the different choices.
The un-encrypted game scripts for the Japanese, Chinese and English version are available in my long , as well as how to import them back into the game when you are done editing them. Make sure to apply my patch to the game first, otherwise you won't be able to create a new patch file.
To make your own translation patch, without breaking previous patches, as well as to minimize introducing new bugs, while allowing it to work even for some older and un-patched versions:
1. From the zip file the "scenario" folder would go to wherever your RPGMaker projects are saved (for instance documents/games).
2. You would then make a new folder named "tespatch2" and copy all of the English scripts from the "main" folder (Chinese scripts have CHT in their name).
3. Finally copy all of the scripts from "tespatch1" folder to the new "tespatch2" folder and overwrite when asked (all of them, including Chinese and system related scripts) so that you are working with bug-free scripts.
4. Now you can open up the Japanese scripts inside scenario/main/JAP and the corresponding English script from the new "tespatch2" folder and start editing/translating the English script into something that makes sense.
5. When you are satisfied and want to make the translation into a patch file follow my long ass guide.

*Note 1: A small amount of text is located inside the normal scripts used by RPGMaker (quest text for instance), it's easy to find and edit inside RPGMaker, but will require you to include the scripts.rvdata2 file alongside your patch file to make the translation "100% complete".

*Note 2: The reason you can't edit the Japanese scripts directly is because there are big differences in the way some of the scripts function, as well as the games file structure using different names then the Japanese version. So edited Japanese scripts would only work on the Japanese version.
Thank you. Don't worry, I am familiar with the TES patcher, having used it in the past to make some personal mods for ONEONE1 games. I'm also familiar with where what is in "The Heiress" files. If I get stuck, I'll shoot you a private message.

Reactions: leweder

Conga

Feb 24, 2020
Does anyone have a full version without TES errors? I play on joiplay so I can't fix it myself. Sorry my english is not good.Thanks Screenshot_20210528-200115.png

Reactions: Csman

Kenzin20

Jul 1, 2018
I cant see the scenes as i am getting those error same as the one in tips in the first page of this post. The thing is, even after changing to CHS, i just edit it and its still doesnt work. Scene is crashing pls help me

leweder

Dec 8, 2018
I cant see the scenes as i am getting those error same as the one in tips in the first page of this post. The thing is, even after changing to CHS, i just edit it and its still doesnt work. Scene is crashing pls help me
Have you tried using the unofficial ? If you are still getting errors after applying the patch, can you tell me at what part of the game you are getting the error?

VictorDoUrden

May 5, 2020
Is this shit seriously a official translation? Freaking titles/labels and so on are inconsistent like as if they kept swapping mtl

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Is this shit seriously a official translation? Freaking titles/labels and so on are inconsistent like as if they kept swapping mtl
Yes, the early official oneone translations are really shitty, basically from when steam first allowed adult content and it was all shit out shovelware MTLs. Basically they translated it (semi)properly into chinese then just MTL and copypasted into english, which broke a hell of a lot of the game scenes in addition to being word salad.

Note that this is a third party translation, not oneone doing the translations and they have changed translators now. Kagura Games, the new translators, do a generally better job at translating but have their own issues (censureship and not fixing bugs introduced by the translations, but still much better overall).

svgr

Nov 11, 2018
1625160889443.png
anyone knows how to fix(it happens in both normal and compressed version) i also put away the language thing in file because i saw it may do something but nothing happens

Kierge

Dec 28, 2019
Haha, no. It's still the same horrible MTL as I remember. Okay, this will be my next project.
Umm. Sorry to ask this but can we know whats the update for this games translation? I've been waiting for so long for this games proper translate, I've been holding my horses to download this and play it. Sorry again for this sudden question

Kierge

Dec 28, 2019
Haha, no. It's still the same horrible MTL as I remember. Okay, this will be my next project.
Umm. Sorry to ask this but can we know whats the update for this games translation? I've been waiting for so long for this games proper translate, I've been holding my horses to download this and play it. Sorry again for this sudden question

Sarica

Time Waits For No One
Trial Moderator
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Aug 18, 2017
Either play it as it is, or wait. I'm working on it SLOWLY. I won't be finished with the translation this year. There is a lot of text, and I'm not making translating this game a priority.

goooblllok123

Feb 2, 2021
In case anybody is interested I'm working on a patch for the game similar to what I did for Dark Elf Historia not too long ago.
I have fixed almost all of the crashes, as well as restored most of the missing choices in the game. I'm currently in the process of checking the English menus for errors, since I just fixed some images where they switched places for Killing and Panty selling causing incorrect numbers displaying for those things.

-Until I am finished fixing all the bugs and have time to do a comprehensive tutorial those of you that survived the mountain of text and images in my Dark Elf patching tutorial can test out the progress on my patch for this game.

-Ideally you would use the main download combined with the battle animation fix that someone posted earlier and then my patch, in order to get everything working faster.

-You will need the rgss decrypter to extract the game files and create a project file for RPGVXAce
Backup the rggss3a file to somewhere else, since there is an added protection for the game you will need to bypass.
Protection error message:
View attachment 759164

To get rid of the added protection comment out the stuff as shown in the following pictures:
View attachment 759165
Now comment it out:
View attachment 759166

Follow the same steps to enable test mode as in my Dark Elf Historia patching tutorial.
Create a Patch folder in your games root directory like shown in the Dark Elf tutorial and drop the patch in there.
The patch is not finished yet so if you run into any unfixed bugs let me know so I can add them to my "to do" list.

In case you can't get it to work I plan on making a full tutorial like I did for Dark Elf once I have fixed "everything", but that could take a while.
Likewise if you find any remaining bugs in Dark Elf Historia let me know (Although I am confident I got all of them....I hope).

-Now for some of the bugged vs fixed english menus:
Bugged example:
View attachment 759179
fixed background:
View attachment 759180
another fixed menu background
View attachment 759181

Things like the animations are mostly related to some lines of text being commented out in the game scripts so if you don't want to download the large animation fix it's possible to do with a bit of script editing. There are about half a dozen scripts that have had some lines reworked in the animation fix update compared to the base game files. The reason I mention that is because while some things were fixed, they were not all fixed well. So rather then basically posting yet more gigs of reworked game files just cause of a few lines of text being changed I plan to just show you how to do it yourselves when I get the time.

Restored choices examples (Ignore the bad grammar):
View attachment 759182
View attachment 759185 View attachment 759186
does anyone know how to fix it because I'm confused

leweder

Dec 8, 2018
does anyone know how to fix it because I'm confused
Judging from the side of that window you did not move/delete the Game.rgss3a file after extracting it.
And you should use the updated that is just 2 posts below the post you quoted, it's also linked to on the main page under

Scryehard

Jun 19, 2018
This game can't have been translated by an actual person. It has to be MTL. They translated "necromancer" as "Nekel Monsa," for crying out loud!

It's a shame, because I really, really, really liked Meritocracy of the Oni and Blade, and I remember it as having a fantastic translation.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
This game can't have been translated by an actual person. It has to be MTL. They translated "necromancer" as "Nekel Monsa," for crying out loud!

It's a shame, because I really, really, really liked Meritocracy of the Oni and Blade, and I remember it as having a fantastic translation.
Yes, this is MTL. All but the 2 most recent (IIRC) oneone games were shitty MTL, and more recent game posts in general are a lot better about saying that the translation is MTL up front.

And yeah, Meritocracy is the more recent game that had a proper translation from a different translation group than this and other early oneone games had.

3.00 star(s) 9 Votes