VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Hotel Manager [v0.3a] [FTB Software]

4.40 star(s) 8 Votes

ArmoredCascade

Sep 27, 2018
for Sophia story to go on it says
I need to return the hotel to profitability so i have some budget available to reward Sophia. i need to make sure the admin work is up to date and continue to do walkabouts (witch i have)

kxjoh32

Jun 4, 2017
i been talking about the new update content for Sophia and her mom n Daisy i cant get them because for Sophia story i need to make the hotel profitable again and make sure the admin work is up to date
Ok got ya. I started this game new and didn't use a saved game. Not sure if thats what it is. Sorry. With me trying this game for 1st time i was able to go all the way through and meet the "Mother" and daisy and i have revenue at 40%.
Sorry i wasn't able to help you.

ArmoredCascade

Sep 27, 2018
Ok got ya. I started this game new and didn't use a saved game. Not sure if thats what it is. Sorry. With me trying this game for 1st time i was able to go all the way through and meet the "Mother" and daisy and i have revenue at 40%.
Sorry i wasn't able to help you.
its alright and plus you didnt say its ur first time either lol but all good now

FlipTopBin

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
@pieter de groot I am sorry you seem to be having so much trouble. I have seen reports of black screens and the like for many renpy games but only for particular users and it it often seems to come down to versions of video drivers and windows although nobody ever seems to find a definite answer. Try updating your drivers or maybe try a different machine if you can.

I will have to look into your traceback in a bit more detail as it seems impossible but I may just be assuming that Python is a better programming language than it actually is. Make sure you do the walkabout to the Gym and this should work around your issue. If it doesn't then thats definitly two impossible things before breakfast so I would start a new game and make sure to do all the walkabouts on your first day before you use the intercom. Post a save game here if you get around this issue.

@ArmoredCascade I am sorry you are having trouble progressing. To make sure revenues increase at the start of the game you must make sure to do two admin and two finance sessions each week AND do all the walkabouts at least once. You must continue this each week until the hotel is profitable. From then on everything you need to do should be detailed in the story book but as a general rule you can just cycle through all the walkabouts, use the intercom and go to the gym whenever its available and the story should progress.

I can only apologise again to you all for the bugs in 0.3 which I know cause a lot of frustration. As a result of this experience I will be seperating out the scripts from the art next time so I can release smaller bug fix patches should the need arise again.

ArmoredCascade

Sep 27, 2018
@pieter de groot I am sorry you seem to be having so much trouble. I have seen reports of black screens and the like for many renpy games but only for particular users and it it often seems to come down to versions of video drivers and windows although nobody ever seems to find a definite answer. Try updating your drivers or maybe try a different machine if you can.

I will have to look into your traceback in a bit more detail as it seems impossible but I may just be assuming that Python is a better programming language than it actually is. Make sure you do the walkabout to the Gym and this should work around your issue. If it doesn't then thats definitly two impossible things before breakfast so I would start a new game and make sure to do all the walkabouts on your first day before you use the intercom. Post a save game here if you get around this issue.

@ArmoredCascade I am sorry you are having trouble progressing. To make sure revenues increase at the start of the game you must make sure to do two admin and two finance sessions each week AND do all the walkabouts at least once. You must continue this each week until the hotel is profitable. From then on everything you need to do should be detailed in the story book but as a general rule you can just cycle through all the walkabouts, use the intercom and go to the gym whenever its available and the story should progress.

I can only apologise again to you all for the bugs in 0.3 which I know cause a lot of frustration. As a result of this experience I will be seperating out the scripts from the art next time so I can release smaller bug fix patches should the need arise again.
i havent seen Sophies mom or Daisy yet and all ladies are maxed out on their stories for this version

FlipTopBin

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
@ArmoredCascade I think you may be running 0.3 or have started this save game in 0.3 before updating to 0.3a

I am afraid that any save game produced by the faulty 0.3 release is broken and you will have to download 0.3a and start a new game. Then you can just skip through the content you have already seen. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reactions: luisar018

Francis8rock

Sep 8, 2017
I really liked this game. It was my first time playing and I did not encounter any bugs. I really liked how the for the most part what happens in the story is somewhat possible and the cliffhanger at the end genuinely got a surprised wtf out of me (in a good way).

The story book is helpful and direct and not confusing. I would say my only complaint is sometimes the buttons in the office were a pain to click.

FlipTopBin

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
@Spectre X
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

@Myscho A personal Gdrive account has a download limit I am afraid and this is just a hobby for me, not a business. Just use one of the other links or wait until tomorrow and try again.

FlipTopBin

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Ok, the one boy in school who kissed her in school was a slight exageration understatement :)

You can't really expect Sophie to tell her new boss in the first week how she sleeps around though?

OK, no more discussion of the story or I really will need to start using spoilers!

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
❓ The newest update left me with a lot more questions Than answers . [1st] it seems like the lady's might have planned this before the m.c. got there and [2nd] Whats there real objective ? Hopefully the answers will be in the next few updates. Keep up the good work .

FlipTopBin

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
@Marko1245 This is an out of memory error when loading one of the largest images in the game in the uncompressed format. You either need to buy more ram for your PC or use the compressed version of the game I am afraid.

FlipTopBin

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
I don't know what to say then but if you look at the traceback it clearly states "Out of memory". Sorry, this is a renpy error and nothing to do with my game.

JoJos123

Jan 2, 2018
Holy shit ;)
The story gets better and better :)

PS. I hope the 50% Hotel Revenues do not mean 50% of Game! I hope is less than 0.5% of it ;)

4.40 star(s) 8 Votes