VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Inception [v0.2] [NIRALA GAMES]

4.60 star(s) 12 Votes

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
Really impressive start. Great character design and art. I didn't run into any errors other than some dialog attributed to the wrong character (Ayvee promotion scene). Looking forward to the next update.

Reactions: Nirala 3D

Specter2470

Aug 12, 2019
All I'm getting are error codes
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
TypeError: Missing required positional arguments: 'textf'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 713, in script
  File "C:\Users\Spect\Desktop\THE INCEPTION\Theinception-0.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 921, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Spect\Desktop\THE INCEPTION\Theinception-0.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1373, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Spect\Desktop\THE INCEPTION\Theinception-0.1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1266, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\Spect\Desktop\THE INCEPTION\Theinception-0.1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 927, in do_display
    display_say(who,
  File "C:\Users\Spect\Desktop\THE INCEPTION\Theinception-0.1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 666, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\Spect\Desktop\THE INCEPTION\Theinception-0.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Spect\Desktop\THE INCEPTION\Theinception-0.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "C:\Users\Spect\Desktop\THE INCEPTION\Theinception-0.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\Spect\Desktop\THE INCEPTION\Theinception-0.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "C:\Users\Spect\Desktop\THE INCEPTION\Theinception-0.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\Spect\Desktop\THE INCEPTION\Theinception-0.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\Spect\Desktop\THE INCEPTION\Theinception-0.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\Spect\Desktop\THE INCEPTION\Theinception-0.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\Spect\Desktop\THE INCEPTION\Theinception-0.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "C:\Users\Spect\Desktop\THE INCEPTION\Theinception-0.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 294, in apply_arguments
    return parameters.apply(args, kwargs, ignore_errors)
  File "C:\Users\Spect\Desktop\THE INCEPTION\Theinception-0.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 230, in apply
    raise TypeError(
TypeError: Missing required positional arguments: 'textf'

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
The inception 0.1
Tue Oct 31 19:50:42 2023
Started around line 400 and hasn't stopped

Nirala 3D

Oct 17, 2023
Hey i played your game i think it's great i like the characters, the setting and the story so far. So really i dont have any real complaints about the game itself.
Now as far as your release i think your timing sucks. I want games like this to succeed so let me give you some free advice and if you aren't a fan of it you can just ignore it. First off try to time your releases with the weekends, if you look at Steam charts or any other chart that follows player counts on Playstation or Xbox, there are almost twice as many players on the weekends as there are over the weekdays, secondly try to avoid releasing the game on the same or around the same days as other major releases so avoiding releasing a new game on Halloween when every other game is pushing out their obligatory Halloween update is not the greatest idea, you would have benefited a lot if you just waited a couple of more days.
Anyway thats really all i had to say, i wish you good luck and success in the future. take care.
Thank you, I appreciate your advice, and I will keep it in mind. I'm not very experienced in marketing haha, but after reading your message everything you say is true. I will keep it in mind for future versions. Thanks

Jul 31, 2023
Thank you, I appreciate your advice, and I will keep it in mind. I'm not very experienced in marketing haha, but after reading your message everything you say is true. I will keep it in mind for future versions. Thanks
Youre of to a great start . This first episode was great The designs , the dialogue and the music was al perfect

Then your animations .They are smooth and future sexual content is gonna be great if you keep this up

The only gripe with animations was your choice to fix the camera during the chase scene . it was very jarring hence why you dont see many games using fixed cam when a camera is following an object at speed.

Keep engaging with the thread/community it does wonders .

Lots of the biggest devs like DigiB , Braindrop , Drift , have been eager to help fresh talent and guide people into better techniques in making avns . Im sure their discord groups is linked somewhere here (if you dont already talk to them)

Reactions: Nirala 3D

Nirala 3D

Oct 17, 2023
Youre of to a great start . This first episode was great The designs , the dialogue and the music was al perfect

Then your animations .They are smooth and future sexual content is gonna be great if you keep this up

The only gripe with animations was your choice to fix the camera during the chase scene . it was very jarring hence why you dont see many games using fixed cam when a camera is following an object at speed.

Keep engaging with the thread/community it does wonders .

Lots of the biggest devs like DigiB , Braindrop , Drift , have been eager to help fresh talent and guide people into better techniques in making avns . Im sure their discord groups is linked somewhere here (if you dont already talk to them)
Thank you very much, for the moment I'm the only one doing this haha, when I have support I can count on people to help me a little bit. I'm in several servers, and for sure someone will help me in the future, haha ... Thank you very much.

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
Hi,
I haven't tried your game yet because I am waiting to see what your future tags will be.
Please take a minute to list what fetishes you plan to include and whether they will be optional or not.
You could also list one's you never will put in your VN.
A lot of people like to know before they get invested into a story and characters that there is not going to be a fetish come up that ruins it for them.
Please clarify if there is going to be multiple protagonists and if so what that is about.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Hi,
I haven't tried your game yet because I am waiting to see what your future tags will be.
Please take a minute to list what fetishes you plan to include and whether they will be optional or not.
A lot of people like to know before they get invested into a story and characters that there is not going to be a fetish come up that ruins it for them.
Please clarify if there is going to be multiple protagonists and if so what that is about.
That's been asked so many times that it feels like Nirala 3D is trying to avoid answering.

Nirala 3D

Oct 17, 2023
Hi,
Sorry, I had answered it but in Discord, I forgot to do it here:
The game will not have NTR, the MC is the only protagonist in the story, with whom we will make decisions. The others what I like is at the beginning to tell the story of each character, I don't want the mc to tell the story of everyone, I thought it would be more interesting this way, that each one tells his story. Also there will be Harem style, since you can be with the girls you want, you don't have to choose only one.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Sorry, I had answered it but in Discord, I forgot to do it here:
The game will not have NTR, the MC is the only protagonist in the story, with whom we will make decisions. The others what I like is at the beginning to tell the story of each character, I don't want the mc to tell the story of everyone, I thought it would be more interesting this way, that each one tells his story. Also there will be Harem style, since you can be with the girls you want, you don't have to choose only one.
Sorry, I had answered it but in Discord, I forgot to do it here
Will things like lesbian be avoidable/optional?

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
yes, when there is content in the routes that does not include the mc (Lesbian) will be notified before taking the selection of the route.
Will there be threesome with lesbian interactions between the girls?
If so will the lesbian stuff be optional so that it will only be the girls concentrated on the MC?
If not, will we given the option to avoid the threesomes?

Nirala 3D

Oct 17, 2023
Will there be threesome with lesbian interactions between the girls?
If so will the lesbian stuff be optional so that it will only be the girls concentrated on the MC?
If not, will we given the option to avoid the threesomes?
Yes, in the routes: it will be advised if the lesbian roll is focused on the girls alone or the girls with the mc.

EXAMPLE: if there is a lesbian route, you will have two options (girls alone) and the other (mc with girls).

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
yes, when there is content in the routes that does not include the mc (Lesbian) will be notified before taking the selection of the route.
Ok. When the MC and the girls are together, will we have the choice to allow them to touch or not?

Reactions: battali0n

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
EXAMPLE: if there is a lesbian route, you will have two options (girls alone) and the other (mc with girls).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ok, that sounds like the lesbian scenes are going to happen either way, and the player's choice is to watch/not watch them or in some cases join them. I guess then lesbian is not avoidable in the sense that it doesn't happen and only in the sense of skipping the scene by not watching it, right?

The others what I like is at the beginning to tell the story of each character, I don't want the mc to tell the story of everyone, I thought it would be more interesting this way, that each one tells his story.
But to tell the story of each character without the Mc being present, that means that the player will follow different POVs, right?

4.60 star(s) 12 Votes