Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
OCTOBER_DEVLOG.png

What's up everyone?

I hope you're all having an amazing month so far!

I've been really busy working on the game so far (and I said I would take it easy this month...)

I have been prepping up 0.07 to full release next month and there's a lot of stuff to polish, fix and update in it!

So far I have worked on the following:

1 - Added Replays for all the important scenes for Joana's day.

Goes without saying what this is, right?

2 - Fixed some file structure issues with the Clothing Selection options in the Replay Gallery.

While adding new replays for Joana's day, I received a report from a patron that some replays in the gallery would make the game crash, so I went and investigated this issue.

Turns out it was related to some file structure changes made back in 0.05 that made the clothing selection in replays crash as soon as the files weren't found.

It's a pretty old issue and I wonder why nobody reported it until now.

Anyway, it's fixed now.

3 - Added a Commissions Gallery.

One of the things I've been meaning to do for a while now was to create a gallery similar to the pin-ups one but for the commissions made by the INNtimate and above patrons.

This new gallery can be found at the Extras menu:

4 - Reworked (yet again) the code for the Pin-UPs Gallery.

This one's kinda came out as I was working on the Commissions gallery. I realized how bad the code and handling of images in that gallery was, so I rewrote the code for it to accomodate for a better and smoother navigation.

5 - Complete rework of the Music Gallery.

If you ever went into the Music Gallery you would notice that, while it looked cool, it also was slow as hell and even unresponsive sometimes.

So, recently I came across the Renpy Universal Player engine and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to implement it to the music gallery.

It looks even cleaner now, plays smoother and have some new cool features, like sorting by songs by name, sequential playing and shuffling.

Check out how it looks now:

6 - Remade around 80 images for the Spa portion of Joana's update.

This was something that bothered me a lot during development of Joana's update.

The Spa girl that follows you and Joana around the Spa had a hairstyle that, at first glance, seemed good looking but, after a while, proved to be a nightmare to pose.

So I went around and used some of the development time to remake all the scenes where that character appeared and give her a new hairstyle that was easy to work with.

Check it out:

7 - Items in all Extras Galleries are now displayed in groups.

This is somewhat of a Quality of Life improvement to the galleries, as it makes them easier to navigate and found that one image or replay that you want to see.

Pin-Ups are grouped by what characters appear in them.

Commissions are grouped by the person who commissioned them.

Replays are grouped by what update the scene was featured in.

This doesn't apply to the Music Room Gallery.

8 - Added thumbnails for all events in Joana's update.

These are part of the Event Log window and something I usually do when the full update is finished.

9 - Reworked the Notifications System.

The Notification System was entirely remade based on Remix's Multi Notify code.

The notifications are now more visual and detailed:

Affection, Lust and Karma notifications:

Event Notifications:

System Notifications:

10 - Reworked the Fetish Selection Screen.

Reworked and improved the Fetish Selection screen with better code and all new images for every fetish:

11 - New fetish added to the fetish list.

While I was working on the Fetish Selection screen I took the chance to address an issue some players had with the Futanari/Trap fetish and the Girl on Futa/Trap fetish.

Some players were unsure if the Girl on Futa/Trap fetish meant only the girl taking an active role with the Futanari character or if it also meant the other way around, the Futanari character taking an active role with the girl.

So I decided to add a new Fetish to the list, the Futa/Trap on Girl.

This new fetish makes it clear that the player is fine with the Futanari character taking an active role with the girl in scenes involving them while the previous Girl on Futa/Trap fetish means that only the girl will be active.

Upon loading a saved game where you had the Futanari/Trap fetish enabled you'll be presented with a screen where you can reselect (or disable) the Girl on Futa/Trap fetish and select the new Futa/Trap on Girl!

I have also removed the Pegging requirement for the Girl on Futa/Trap fetish because that didn't make much sense. So you'll also be able to select the Girl on Futa/Trap fetish now if you weren't able to before because you didn't had the Pegging fetish enabled.

Again, all this is only appliable if you had the Futanari/Trap fetish enabled previously.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's everything so far!

I'm also working on another new feature that I wish I could show here, but I preffer to remain silent on that for now. I can assure you that it's something a lot of people will like though! Let's just say I'm having to revise a lot of old, early game code for this.

There won't be any sneak-peeks this month because I didn't really work on any new scenes, so I have nothing to show in that regard, sorry about that.

Dec 20, 2020
Haha, nice of you to notice!
All the events are named after songs that, in one way or another, are related to the event plot.
I didn't pay attention to the event titles, so I guess I'll have to go back and play it again. Would not have noticed this one were it not for your post. Even then, I had to Google it to make sure no one else had put something into pop culture about lunch lasting forever. To age myself, I was a sophomore in high school when the album it was on came out (Off To See the Lizard, 1989). It wasn't very popular outside of Parrotheads, so I am very surprised, and pleased, to see this. If you haven't yet, and like this album in general, check out the book "Tales From Margaritaville". It's something of a companion book to the album.

Reactions: Lykanz

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I didn't pay attention to the event titles, so I guess I'll have to go back and play it again. Would not have noticed this one were it not for your post. Even then, I had to Google it to make sure no one else had put something into pop culture about lunch lasting forever. To age myself, I was a sophomore in high school when the album it was on came out (Off To See the Lizard, 1989). It wasn't very popular outside of Parrotheads, so I am very surprised, and pleased, to see this. If you haven't yet, and like this album in general, check out the book "Tales From Margaritaville". It's something of a companion book to the album.
If you're going to play it again, I'd suggest doing so next month as the full update will be out for patrons, I'm redoing/remastering some aspects of early game content so it will be the best time to replay the game from start.

Ad hominem 3

Dec 16, 2019
Screenshoted from what?
I think he's saying he took the screenshot of the character in your game, Master Lykanz. But I believe this character is from Family at Home 1 or 2. Although if he's right I think you need to slow down with the booze because you forgot your character.

Reactions: StreamSteam

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I think he's saying he took the screenshot of the character in your game, Master Lykanz. But I believe this character is from Family at Home 1 or 2. Although if he's right I think you need to slow down with the booze because you forgot your character.
That character isn't mine, I never had it in my game.
That screenshot isn't from my game.

4.10 star(s) 100 Votes