KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
You should extract the contents of the .rar file inside the folder named "game" inside the game's folder.
I know you get alot of people who probably would not extract it after putting it in the game folder but I was not one of them.

I figured it out after testing things out for a minute. I extracted the contents of the phone folder into it, and not the folder phone itself and that was the mess up on my part.

• Haha
Reactions: Lykanz

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
caraca nunca ri tanto em um jogo +18 , e muita zuera atras da outra

==========================================

man never laughs so much in a game +18, and a lot of jokes behind the other

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I know you get alot of people who probably would not extract it after putting it in the game folder but I was not one of them.

I figured it out after testing things out for a minute. I extracted the contents of the phone folder into it, and not the folder phone itself and that was the mess up on my part.
Don't worry man, (sh)it happens.

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
day 9 movie nights, route of the valley, gave error

Code:
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/days/day09/day09_jo_living_room.rpy", line 959, in <module>
Exception: Open text tag at end of string u'{'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "days/day09/day09_jo_living_room.rpyc", line 959, in script
  File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1480, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in visit_all
    self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
  File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 531, in visit_all
    for d in self.visit():
  File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1717, in visit
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1694, in update
    tokens = self.tokenize(text)
  File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 2164, in tokenize
    tokens.extend(textsupport.tokenize(i))
  File "textsupport.pyx", line 122, in renpy.text.textsupport.tokenize

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Inn v0.05Full
Mon Sep 07 08:16:25 2020
```

Last edited by a moderator:

cbrxx1100

Nov 6, 2018
Plantage au moment où le téléphone apparait

sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 34, in execute
File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 51, in execute
File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 327, in execute
File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 347, in execute
File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 348, in execute
File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 349, in execute
File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 351, in execute
NameError: name 'came_from_profile' is not defined

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
new download, new game... at the clothing store, at changing(fitting) room, clicked event log, hit this error

While loading <'Blur' <'Image' u'images/navigation/clothing_store_01/fit_room/cs01_fit_room_ground.webp'> 6.0 None>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/navigation/clothing_store_01/fit_room/cs01_fit_room_ground.webp'.

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Not for sure but seems like something is missing just before this pic, like a "thought" about asking her to take off her shirt or something that was not there. TheInn 2020-09-07 11-16-26-06.jpg

It goes from this TheInn 2020-09-07 11-20-23-46.jpg to this TheInn 2020-09-07 11-20-25-16.jpg then this TheInn 2020-09-07 11-20-29-66.jpg and last it goes to here TheInn 2020-09-07 11-20-31-81.jpg

Something seems to be missing here.

If it was not for the overinflated ugly tits this would have been a top contender for me.

Last edited:

Soviet_615

Feb 7, 2020

While running game code:
Second time i use the phone and just after the phone tutorial i got the same error here and it send me back to the main menu.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
day 9 movie nights, route of the valley, gave error

```

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "days/day09/day09_jo_living_room.rpyc", line 959, in script
File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1480, in pause
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in visit_all
self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 531, in visit_all
for d in self.visit():
File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1717, in visit
self.update()
File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1694, in update
tokens = self.tokenize(text)
File "C:\Users\Zero\Downloads\Outros Arquivos\J\newStrumpets2-40\novo aquivo\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 2164, in tokenize
tokens.extend(textsupport.tokenize(i))
File "textsupport.pyx", line 122, in renpy.text.textsupport.tokenize

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Inn v0.05Full
Mon Sep 07 08:16:25 2020
```
You are using an old version from last week that didn't had any fixes. Download the latest version and the hotfix provided on the first post of this thread.

While running game code:
Download the hotfix available in the first post of this thread and extract it's contents to the folder named "game" inside your game's folder.

Got a gamebreaking error after mom's message about massage, tried the hotfixes none of them solved it. The game doesn't even start now. Shame, was the first time trying the game and was having fun.
You probably did something wrong when installing the hotfix if the game doesn't even want to start.

Second time i use the phone and just after the phone tutorial i got the same error here and it send me back to the main menu.
Download the hotfix available in the first post of this thread and extract it's contents to the folder named "game" inside your game's folder.

Falkfisch

Aug 10, 2018
After Joanna's massage and the invitation to the Movie Night Crash to main menu...
And a click in the "telephone menu" directly on the MC profile also takes you straight back to the main menu

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
After Joanna's massage and the invitation to the Movie Night Crash to main menu...
And a click in the "telephone menu" directly on the MC profile also takes you straight back to the main menu
You are using an old version from last week that didn't had any fixes. Download the latest version and the hotfix provided on the first post of this thread.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Old Version? I load it on Saturday...
By the way, the hotfix works...
Memo to myself: first reading, then yelling...
:)
Yeah, haha. You were using the v0.05Full version, which was released last saturday (29/08/2020) and that version had a shit ton of bugs that have been already fixed on the newest version (v0.05.8), one of them being the error you reported.

Reactions: blastwave2k

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
v0.05.8 - hit an error in day 8, after the funeral, linda sends text.

While running game code:
File "game/days/day08.rpy", line 38, in execute
File "game/days/day08.rpy", line 39, in execute
File "game/days/day08.rpy", line 44, in execute

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
v0.05.8 - hit an error in day 8, after the funeral, linda sends text.

While running game code:
File "game/days/day08.rpy", line 39, in execute
File "game/days/day08.rpy", line 44, in execute
Get the hot fix on the OP and install it, should fix your problem.

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes