VN Ren'Py The Interim Domain [v0.26.0] [ILSProductions]

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
huh, I can't get the new Anita/Marissa scene... anyone knows the requirements? the ones in the WT don't seem to work...

Also, damn there are so many continuity issues... I really wish he'd code the game better and remove the event limit per update... it's so stupid... =/
The event limit is a way for the dev to create a sense that there is too much to do and not enough time to do it.

We each get to choose who to support and who has to take a back seat. It is a little easier now with Saaya having transitioned, but there are still more women to help than time to help them.

I like the way this is done as a mechanic.

I get that some people don't want to have to make the choice about who to exclude in a given rev.

There may come a time when we have transitioned several more women and we can catch up, but I don't know if we will ever get to stop Ifuma from grabbing one or more of our women and snuffing them for their Qi.

Or - if this is coming, being forced to transition some of the women before they are ready just to ensure Ifuma does not get their Qi and win the Archon contest.

I'm fine with Not knowing who will transition next or if I will have to make the tough choice and send one or more women on before they are ready - all to prevent Ifuma from winning and creating/ruling a world where might is the only thing that decides right.

We just got another interesting cliffhanger.

What it means ... that is for the next episode (which, IMO, builds the anticipation for the next episode).

Cheers!! :coffee:

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
The event limit is a way for the dev to create a sense that there is too much to do and not enough time to do it.
Except it doesn't work because a lot of those events are short and the MC could surely do more per day... Plus there's a lot of events that require you advance the plot for most of them in a sort of even way... Also, it would be better if the game was better coded so you wouldn't get scenes before you should... etc.

Point being, sure the idea could be good, but here it's just not very well implemented, so it's more obnoxious than anything else.

Reactions: wiwem71072

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Anyone have a screenshot of all the characters in the game using the character screen? I just wanna know who the LI's are in this game, especially their names.
If you want the order, instead of the screenshot, look at the WT - they are in order (look at the Table of Contents, it shows them if you don't want to scroll).

• Wow
Reactions: bluewolfzer

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Does anyone know whether the game is close to being finished or not?
Define "Close"? Dev does a chapter every month. The game will probably be done by Chapter 30. So by the end of the year, it should be done. Does that count as Close?

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Except it doesn't work because a lot of those events are short and the MC could surely do more per day... Plus there's a lot of events that require you advance the plot for most of them in a sort of even way... Also, it would be better if the game was better coded so you wouldn't get scenes before you should... etc.

Point being, sure the idea could be good, but here it's just not very well implemented, so it's more obnoxious than anything else.
There are only a few events that require you to be at a specific day to have (Saaya meeting, a couple others). You have the mechanic where you have to be at a certain level w/ a girl to start something if that is what you mean. Most of the events are Girl > X, and seen events X, Y, Z to unlock. Which would keep the continuity proper. I have played through multiple playthroughs and found only 1 continuity error, and it was fixed. Unless you are going to the console (or using a mod, which may break stuff), and changing the girls levels, you shouldn't see it.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
There are only a few events that require you to be at a specific day to have (Saaya meeting, a couple others). You have the mechanic where you have to be at a certain level w/ a girl to start something if that is what you mean. Most of the events are Girl > X, and seen events X, Y, Z to unlock. Which would keep the continuity proper. I have played through multiple playthroughs and found only 1 continuity error, and it was fixed. Unless you are going to the console (or using a mod, which may break stuff), and changing the girls levels, you shouldn't see it.
Brah... last time I checked, if you go "elsewhere" for the first time, say in chapter 20, it makes no fuckin sense narrative-wise... Can't check if it's still true on 0.22, but as of 0.21 it was still the case. That's but one example, the easiest one to point out... there are maaaany others.

There's particularly A LOT of issues with the mid-chapter intermission scenes, where a lot of them will trigger before they should. Lots of dialogues that shouldn't be the case because of progression issues, etc...

Oh, and no, I'm not using any sort of mod or console or whatever else, plain vanilla game.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Brah... last time I checked, if you go "elsewhere" for the first time, say in chapter 20, it makes no fuckin sense narrative-wise... Can't check if it's still true on 0.22, but as of 0.21 it was still the case. That's but one example, the easiest one to point out... there are maaaany others.

There's particularly A LOT of issues with the mid-chapter intermission scenes, where a lot of them will trigger before they should. Lots of dialogues that shouldn't be the case because of progression issues, etc...

Oh, and no, I'm not using any sort of mod or console or whatever else, plain vanilla game.
The Elsewhere choice, is meant to have other, non-story, non-girl related content. I don't know how they are continuity errors, you are exploring the world, and had other things going on, which are not with a girl, or a main game story. Maybe I ddin't notice - could be the case. I do have about 15 saves going at once.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
The Elsewhere choice, is meant to have other, non-story, non-girl related content. I don't know how they are continuity errors, you are exploring the world, and had other things going on, which are not with a girl, or a main game story. Maybe I ddin't notice - could be the case. I do have about 15 saves going at once.
Bro, stop being dense... yes I know what the elsewhere choice is and what happens in that branch... how about you fuckin try what I'm talking about first and then try to tell me I'm wrong...

There are SEVERAL narrative continuity errors just in the elsewhere sections, if you play them late, because stuff happens in those that has already been explained through the main story... you meet one entende and wonder who that is when you've already met them by that point, for example.

And in general, you can get many scenes where characters reference things that haven't happened yet. I'm not making shit up.

Reactions: Coaxmetal

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020

SO - we disagree.

This is a game mechanic for this AVN.

If the MC dedicates one day to helping one girl, he often has to wait until She responds to him, or he finds her, and then takes the time to help her that day.

There are multiple events where the MC spends the night with one or two of the women and this does not reduce his ability to help another woman the next day - so that door could also swing the other way but it does not... one woman/day.

This is a design feature of this AVN.

I can accept that - but it seems that you cannot.

On continuity -

I expect that if someone plays all of girl A's story and ignores all of girl H's story, events that include them both could occur out of sequence. (An example would be Kaitlin and Saaya)

If someone chooses to advance all the women at about the same time, then I have not seen Any continuity errors.

I'd rather the dev focus on telling the story his way.

We get monthly updates... Monthly updates ... and we have for Years!

Are you saying that the dev should stop giving us monthly updates so that he can focus on making continuity work regardless of the sequence that someone interacts with each of the women the MC is trying to save?

I think it is interesting that I have not seen this continuity request - at the cost of giving up monthly updates - from any of the dev's $ supporters - and I've been one for years.

You seem to have a lot of frustration with this AVN.

Perhaps it is not the right AVN for you at this time, or perhaps not ever, only something you could decide.

If I start an AVN and I find I cannot enjoy it - I just move on - after all, it is free on F95, and I've lost nothing if I stop taking one AVN for free and find something else among the Many other AVNs on F95.

GL finding more AVNs you enjoy enough to share what you like versus what you don't.

Reactions: imzahai

erkper

May 16, 2018
PaxHadrian17 mordred93 They're not wrong about the continuity errors, but Pax is also correct about how almost all the continuity errors (except the Elsewhere stuff that Jacowboy described) go away if you keep all the girls' storylines as even as possible. Due to the design mechanic this is impossible however, unless you use the Lightman multimod to hit more stories per episode. (Which still isn't enough to do the Elsewhere stories.) I really like this game and the story being told, but I almost gave up on it exactly because of the limited number of choices ganking up the storylines before discovering the mod. I remember HIGHLY advocating against using the mod for Kinderfeld's previous game (Now and Then) but I just as strongly advocate using the mod for this one.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
PaxHadrian17 mordred93 They're not wrong about the continuity errors, but Pax is also correct about how almost all the continuity errors (except the Elsewhere stuff that Jacowboy described) go away if you keep all the girls' storylines as even as possible. Due to the design mechanic this is impossible however, unless you use the Lightman multimod to hit more stories per episode. (Which still isn't enough to do the Elsewhere stories.) I really like this game and the story being told, but I almost gave up on it exactly because of the limited number of choices ganking up the storylines before discovering the mod. I remember HIGHLY advocating against using the mod for Kinderfeld's previous game (Now and Then) but I just as strongly advocate using the mod for this one.

Another thing to keep in mind, is that progression balance is kind of a self-correcting problem if you are keeping up and playing update-to-update. Literally running out of content for a girl is a real easy way to stop one of them from lapping the competition. But now that we're on version 22, there is nothing really stopping a player from mainlining content from versions 1 to 10 for a single girl while ignoring others. If you do that, I can imagine continuity errors popping up. That's less a failing of the narrative or writing than it is the coding, allowing a player to so unbalance the experience and not being properly gated and funneled into other content earlier. Chalk that up to the limitations of the game's monthly production and release model.

Note for the Audience: This is absolutely a technical failing and a valid criticism of this game. Whining about how everyone is in the afterlife and how that makes everything 'pointless' because presumably they can't jerk themselves off to the game remains a 'you problem' for those who advocate that position, and is not valid criticism.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Another thing to keep in mind, is that progression balance is kind of a self-correcting problem if you are keeping up and playing update-to-update. Literally running out of content for a girl is a real easy way to stop one of them from lapping the competition. But now that we're on version 22, there is nothing really stopping a player from mainlining content from versions 1 to 10 for a single girl while ignoring others. If you do that, I can imagine continuity errors popping up. That's less a failing of the narrative or writing than it is the coding, allowing a player to so unbalance the experience and not being properly gated and funneled into other content earlier. Chalk that up to the limitations of the game's monthly production and release model.

Note for the Audience: This is absolutely a technical failing and a valid criticism of this game. Whining about how everyone is in the afterlife and how that makes everything 'pointless' because presumably they can't jerk themselves off to the game remains a 'you problem' for those who advocate that position, and is not valid criticism.
I agree that one can find continuity errors.

I gave a specific example of how to do this in my most recent post (do all of Kaitlin's story events and none of Saaya's until all of Kaitlin's content is played or vice versa).

I'm not an advocate of stopping monthly updates so that Kinderfeld can code TID so that there can be no continuity errors regardless of how many different variations someone chooses to try.

I accept the possibility of minor continuity errors as the price I am willing to pay for a dev that has consistently delivered monthly updates for years.

He actually did fix a major continuity error in this update - noted in his change log:
  • Continuity error where you can get Saaya's threesome after she's gone
I would like him to focus on this kind of continuity error - which is infrequent and can be managed without giving up the monthly dev cycle.

I view TID as a total AVN experience - the quantity and quality of the storytelling, quality of the renders and animations, and all created and released on a monthly schedule like clockwork.

As a $ supporter, I would not support giving up the monthly dev cycle to fix the minor continuity errors.

I have seen nothing on his supporter pages suggesting that there is some majority (or even a vocal minority) making this request.

If the F95 person responsible for this thread was interested, IMO - TID is sufficiently advance to add in a comment on the first page, something along the lines of:

The Interim Domain is best enjoyed by advancing each available woman's story at about the same pace, and minimizing trips to elsewhere unless there is nothing else to do. Some continuity errors can occur when one woman's story is played well in advance of a number of the other women's stories.

Note: you cannot currently play all available content each update - this is an intentional story-telling mechanic used by the dev in this AVN.

This could be helpful to those new to this thread.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I am not saying it doesn't happen, I just never noticed it through my many play-throughs. Then again - I don't mainline a girl, then switch to the next, etc. My play style is I have a list of 6 girls (early on) and pick the first, next day pick the next, and so on. Basically - I level them up at relative the same speed. I have a save where the early girls (Kaitlin) is like story 16, and the rest are up to date (as of that time) and then I speed through to get the new stories for each girl to see the new stuff each new release. I will update that save to have Kaitlin at level 20 or so soon, as there is enough time (like 3 releases, so 21 in game days), to catch up from each release, and speed through to see the new content each release.

Yes this is not my preferred method, but until the end, when there are more in game days than content, this is the work around. Yes it is a valid complaint, and I have no issues saying that. Kinderfeld has on multiple occasions said he has more content than can be done on a single run-through of the game, and that is intentional. He did that on N&T as well. He said he will fix the number of in-game days so you can hit every girls story on one run through (however not get every choice, as there are some gateway choices which will preclude some content).

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
On continuity -

I expect that if someone plays all of girl A's story and ignores all of girl H's story, events that include them both could occur out of sequence. (An example would be Kaitlin and Saaya)

If someone chooses to advance all the women at about the same time, then I have not seen Any continuity errors.
So you're just disagreeing for the sake of disagreement...

I'm saying that letting the player choose which girl to focus on and progress at their chosen pace creates issues... you seem to agree.

I'm saying, well then what's the point of having that mechanic if the "best" way to not encounter issues is to progress them evenly? But then you disagree with that... ooookay then.

And by the way, EVEN IF you progress them as evenly as possible, there are still some scenes that can triger before they should, I'm talking specifically about the intermission scenes.

So yes, the dev needs to go back and clean up his code... I'm not saying he has to do it now... just that the game is quite messy in its current state, and it'd be a good idea to fix it at some point.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
So you're just disagreeing for the sake of disagreement...

I'm saying that letting the player choose which girl to focus on and progress at their chosen pace creates issues... you seem to agree.

I'm saying, well then what's the point of having that mechanic if the "best" way to not encounter issues is to progress them evenly? But then you disagree with that... ooookay then.

And by the way, EVEN IF you progress them as evenly as possible, there are still some scenes that can triger before they should, I'm talking specifically about the intermission scenes.

So yes, the dev needs to go back and clean up his code... I'm not saying he has to do it now... just that the game is quite messy in its current state, and it'd be a good idea to fix it at some point.
We disagree.

Your ability to get over this disagreement is on you.

You brought up two points:

1. 'Except it doesn't work because a lot of those events are short and the MC could surely do more per day... Plus there's a lot of events that require you advance the plot for most of them in a sort of even way...'

My response:

This is a game mechanic for this AVN.

If the MC dedicates one day to helping one girl, he often has to wait until She responds to him, or he finds her, and then takes the time to help her that day.

There are multiple events where the MC spends the night with one or two of the women and this does not reduce his ability to help another woman the next day - so that door could also swing the other way but it does not... one woman/day.

This is a design feature of this AVN.

2. 'Also, it would be better if the game was better coded so you wouldn't get scenes before you should'

My response:

On continuity -

I've chosen to advance the women at about the same pace, where there was story available, which, in my playthrough, has avoided any noteworthy continuity issues (meaning - if I saw one, it made so little impression on me relative to the quality of the story that I just continued with the AVN, not worrying about it).

I even made a recommended post that could be pinned to the first page - to set expectations (perhaps it or something like it gets pinned or not).

You spent the only posts I recall you making for TID - all five of them as of this moment - complaining about some aspects of this AVN.

What do you actually like about The Interim Domain?

Something has to be keeping you here given the frustration you have voiced so I am curious what you enjoy about this AVN.

As I have said before:

I view TID as a total AVN experience - the quantity and quality of the storytelling, quality of the renders and animations, and all created and released on a monthly schedule like clockwork.

Kinderfeld is not perfect, but it is a rare dev who delivers a consistently good/great update for an AVN every month.

I'm a $ supporter and I am very happy with the overall 'package' I get to enjoy coupled with consistent monthly updates.

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
Might need to wait until this game's complete, getting burned out on it. Mina made me think it'd be relatively quick getting people to move on, but I'm going crazy with that mindset. With Ifuma killing people I feel the need to speed everyone into a transition but guess that's not possible yet.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Might need to wait until this game's complete, getting burned out on it. Mina made me think it'd be relatively quick getting people to move on, but I'm going crazy with that mindset. With Ifuma killing people I feel the need to speed everyone into a transition but guess that's not possible yet.
Ye, some of them are starting to drag out a bit too long... I've been worried about that for some time, because N&T had that issue, but hopefully the dev won't linger on longer than necessary this time (y)

Reactions: Crese1967895
3.80 star(s) 38 Votes