VN Ren'Py The Interim Domain [v0.25.0] [ILSProductions]

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
I wonder why this game isnt talked about more often or more popular considering how big Now & Then was.

Reactions: Warhawk1

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
I didnt notice that. Dev needs to get on that then. Someone tell him lol. If its a moderator thing, they are really sabotaging him.
The moderators control the tags on top (you can report the thread with the new tags though to update them), but those only apply to current in-game content. Since there has not been any sexual stuff yet, the tags are accurate for now.

Reactions: Warhawk1 and Tavi13

K18

Apr 19, 2018
TheInterimDomain Update Banner copy.jpg
TheInterimDomain Sample Pics 2.jpg TheInterimDomain Sample Pics copy.jpg

The Interim Domain 0.04.0 update #1
All right! 0.04.0 is formally underway, and by underway I mean that a fair bit of it has been built in a semi-functioning state. With the code for the delivery of sidestory content largely locked in, getting back to just producing new story content got a bit easier. Plus, generating new builds right now doesn't eat up so much of our calendar. Towards the end with N&T, creating new playable builds and uploading them took days to do. Right now, I'm able to do everything in a third of the time. I'm sure this'll change further into the game's development, but it allows us a little more time to work on new content right now.

Speaking of content, in 0.04.0 the gallery will finally be live with an unlockable scene. For those familiar with our work, you know that to unlock it, all you have to do is see the scene in-game. Unlike N&T, though, gallery content will almost always be lewd/sexual in nature. There's a lot of early gallery moments in N&T that I might not have been added in 2022, as they were only flashes of brief nudity or not really anything more than a small moment. But, I guess that's the kind of thing that occurs when you look back on your old work.

I did swap out the music used for Marisa's scene for the new office theme. Originally, I thought it'd be funny to put a song perfect for PowerPoint presentations to represent that tedious office life, but once in use for another scene, it actually took me out of the moment. It was just too "peppy," for lack of a better term.

Thanks for your support and interest,
-Kinderfeld

combige

Jun 30, 2017
Interesting concept, but I guess I'm too early here.
Anyways, even with outdated cg engine, I liked the idea and what I've seen, so keep up with the good work, ILS!

K18

Apr 19, 2018
TheInterimDomain Sample Pics 2.jpg TheInterimDomain Sample Pics copy.jpg

The Interim Domain 0.04.0 update #2
Not a lot to say about 0.04.0 except that it's fully in development and a lot further along that I would have figured. In fact, there's a functioning Beta right now that involves most of the content (minus a few transition scenes). Locking down the code in
0.03.0 really smoothed the development cycle. Because of this, we're able to slip in an extra character sequence into the build, so that one of the newer characters doesn't lag too far behind.
We also added a bit of code where you can get scenes from other character's perspectives based on where you're at with their stories that should pop up from time to time, now.

Coming up in 0.05.0 is a decision point that will end one characters story-line in a Bad End. It occurs to me that there are two ways to present this: offer a warning to the player or not. Usually I believe that players should live with their choices, but I also wouldn't someone to make a decision that requires them to go back two releases to undo because they didn't like the way things play out. On the flip-side, throwing up a big warning can break immersion and I want to avoid that where possible.

Now & Then FINAL

We are still working on this as time allows. We're up to Chapter 13 now and at this point, its easy to tell we hit our stride here. There isn't a lot to clean up shot or code-wise and most of what's being done is to add an animation here or a few extra shots to extend a moment there. One suggestion that came up was to extend the Game Over moments during Chapter 11. We've added a small epilogue (like a mid-credit scene) rather than just the red flash and fade straight to the Game Over screen.

Thanks for your support and interest,
-Kinderfeld

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Does the game has a lot of choices and does the choices matter for the game or its a linear path? How many girls the game has?
You asked this exact question here and in Now and Then. I would suggest you read the walkthrough for both of these games. I wrote it (for both games) and has many of the questions answered before you get too far into the actual choices.

The simple answer is there is some choices, and they change dialog and give you points with girls. Since the game is in the starting phase, we don't know what that means. Is the game a linear path? Yes to a degree but you can do as much or little as you like along the way. It is a Kinetic Novel vs a Sandbox game.

• Haha
Reactions: Blossop

K18

Apr 19, 2018
TheInterimDomain Sample Pics 2.jpg TheInterimDomain Sample Pics.jpg

The Interim Domain 0.04.0 update #3 and release schedule
And here we are with 0.04.0 ready to go. In fact, it's been in a test state for a while now. Cleaning up the back-end code made it a lot easier to just focus on producing story content. Of course, there's still some GUI stuff to do, like the Gallery, even if it's just for one scene. If the plan for the next few releases holds, there'll definitely be an upswing in those as we move along.

In terms of storylines, you will meet a new cast member in 0.04.0. While there are plans for two more of what I think of as "full-story" characters, with lengthy arcs and the potential for cross-over with the others, both will turn up later on. Both have already been teased, so you may have an guess as to who they are, even if you don't know their names. And there are plans for a few other shorter arcs sprinkled throughout the game's length. You'll soon find out you were probably already playing one of the shorter arcs.

Here's the release schedule for 0.04.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):
Tier 3 - July 12, 2022
Tier 2 -
July 14, 2022
Tier 1 -
July 16, 2022
Public -
July 17, 2022

Change Log 0.04.0
  • Added new main story scenes
  • New story for Kaitlin, Min, Tina, Roe, Marisa, and Anita
  • Changed office theme music
  • Added code for Gallery plus one unlockable scene
Thanks for your support and your interest,
-Kinderfeld

M@ximus

Sep 14, 2018
The Interim Domain 0.04.0 - Public Release

Windows:
-
Mac: -
Android: -

Walkthrough*:

* Courtesy of internet denizen Mordred93

Change Log 0.04.0

• Added new main story scenes
  • New story for Kaitlin, Min, Tina, Roe, Marisa, and Anita
  • Changed office theme music
  • Added code for Gallery plus one unlockable scene

Nateberuks

Nov 29, 2020
If "The Interim Domain" is even half as good as N&T, then it's definitely worth the time but before I take a closer look, I'm going to rewatch to get in the mood.
Right description sound like angel beats.

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes