VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

kotodama7

Sep 2, 2020
Why did you have to do that?
I was so loving the game until the rape bit, why why why? it kills the game stone dead.
There is just no way katie or anyone can come back from that it is irredeemable, if she would have really said it or not dosent matter no real person would ever take that risk to be around her again especially as she did it in a panic.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Reactions to 0.5.7:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There was no sex in this update but the girls are hot and them having fun at the beach was cute. Plus seeing just what a little perv Alice is was very nice, not that I wasn't already looking forward to seeing where things go with her before.

Nightless

Jan 13, 2018
Even with no sex or anything, still great update. I mean sorry 2 cuties in swimsuites? What more do you need to lift your spirit ^^ And Katie is just my fav :)

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
Still playing the update but that grain, PixelsLab you must have suffered! How did you manage?

Alright that was rather quick, liked the update very much. Renders were nice don't get me wrong :)

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I was so loving the game until the rape bit, why why why? it kills the game stone dead.
There is just no way katie or anyone can come back from that it is irredeemable, if she would have really said it or not dosent matter no real person would ever take that risk to be around her again especially as she did it in a panic.
I encourage you to try to keep reading and pay special attention to MC's thoughts about it as well as Katie's convo with Alice. It is really bad, but it probably doesn't go like you'd expect and I think it's well done.

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Not true. For one thing there is an explanation for why she acted that way. You'd have to pay more attention to her before the event and I think there is more afterwards (been a while since I played).
Secondly same thing happened to me in real life. It took a while, mainly because she was too scared to talk to me, but we eventually became friends again. Wasn't easy to trust her in the beginning of course, but I am one for giving people another chance. And her apology and explanation were something I know to be true. Might be slightly different situation from the MC'S Katie's relationship, but that threat is a scary powerful one no matter the setup.

Reactions: Buffalo Games

kotodama7

Sep 2, 2020
I encourage you to try to keep reading and pay special attention to MC's thoughts about it as well as Katie's convo with Alice. It is really bad, but it probably doesn't go like you'd expect and I think it's well done.
I did carry on until after the gym scene but its clear the writer has no idea how serious and dangerous that kind of talk can be and there is no way i could continue playing without being able to hate her(its clear thats not going to happen).
This really sucks, the story is so good and i really wanted to see what was going to happen later on.

kotodama7

Sep 2, 2020
Not true. For one thing there is an explanation for why she acted that way. You'd have to pay more attention to her before the event and I think there is more afterwards (been a while since I played).
Secondly same thing happened to me in real life. It took a while, mainly because she was too scared to talk to me, but we eventually became friends again. Wasn't easy to trust her in the beginning of course, but I am one for giving people another chance. And her apology and explanation were something I know to be true. Might be slightly different situation from the MC'S Katie's relationship, but that threat is a scary powerful one no matter the setup.
Honestly you are a very brave man and im glad it worked out for you and while i have never had anything like that happen to me but a friend of a friend did, his girlfriend said something similar while they were arguing and even through he dumped her and stayed away from her apparently he was so worried she might just decide to say it one day(out of spite or by accident in conversation) he left his friends and family and moved away.
With that kind of thing even a rumour can destroy your life so for me there is no explanation for why she acted that way that would make me forgive her and even if there was i couldn't trust her not to panic again so either way i would never be around her.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
Honestly you are a very brave man and im glad it worked out for you and while i have never had anything like that happen to me but a friend of a friend did, his girlfriend said something similar while they were arguing and even through he dumped her and stayed away from her apparently he was so worried she might just decide to say it one day(out of spite or by accident in conversation) he left his friends and family and moved away.
With that kind of thing even a rumour can destroy your life so for me there is no explanation for why she acted that way that would make me forgive her and even if there was i couldn't trust her not to panic again so either way i would never be around her.
This is definitely a scene where you have to remove yourself from the situation and look at it from the perspective of the main character. Her rape accusation actually means very little to him. He is not in any danger. There's no police around, there's nobody around that's going to pose a threat to him if she goes through with her threat.

Worst case scenario is she goes and tells her mom, and the family avoids him. He's angry, for sure, because he doesn't want to lose the little interaction he has, but he's not in any danger. His life will not be ruined. He'll go back to how he was before.

And I think that is the major difference. For you and me, we can lose our jobs, our families, our loved ones, our freedom. That makes the threat very scary and very serious.

For MC, he would lose having someone to talk to for a few days and homecooked meals.

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Very true that even a rumor can destroy a man's life. Enough cases of things like.
I am not sure if I would have second chance to just any girl. I knew this one in particular for a while, not that long but long enough to know that it was a really weird thing for her to say it. Thankfully I did give her a chance.
I am just a weirdo and I for the most don't really care if someone would take that kind of rumor seriously (helps that I am never tied to any place and can just bugger off whenever I feel like, I guess). But I totally understand when guys are worried about it.

Reactions: kotodama7

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I guess some players forgot that the MC is a semigod that in a fit of rage killed a few guys tearing their limbs apart.

That's why he's hidden in the island. Most of all they forgot why he did it (the reason why he did it is just hinted at in a few flashbacks).

MattC94PL

Dec 11, 2018
That was a nice lil' update. Is it me or was the grammar in this one improved? Not complaining about that!
And I'm certainly not going to complain about my best girl, Katie <3 She was wonderful in this one, as she usually is.

Reactions: PixelsLab

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Alice seems to have some pretty concrete plan of fucking the MC by how she's measuring his length against her body. Was this always her intention or is she only no going for it after the MC x Katie sex fell through? Is she under the impression Katie is no longer interested? Or is this the whole Lust of the bloodline getting to her.

The MC seems somewhat surprised at remembering everything. Was that not supposed to happen ? I thought only the wake self will forget and even then it bleeds over after some time. And that the name is back seems strange as well. He did it to have a reminder in the waking world. That it's back now feels strange. Might be a manifestation of his anger. If it stays I can't wait to see Inanna's reaction.

Something else that came to mind is how come that Katie has been completely ignored by Inanna? She fits the bill of people that are regularly sent to the island. Was Inanna just too busy with MC and Alice? She did mention a limit to her powers earlier.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Glooskabe

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
Updated 11/08/2020:
Here's my patch to 0.5.4 0.5.6

It includes 'walkthrough' indicators when it comes to important choices (and some not so important ones too).

Biggest work for 0.5.4 was correcting the bloody awful grammar and engrish. A few sentances I had to rewrite and a couple I had to look up on google as terminalogy was used that even I wasn't aware of. Soap and rope really means something else in the west.

0.5.6 was much easier to work with - still a few changes but not many.

To install rename to script.rpy and put in the game folder overwriting the existing file.
Please update this if it's possible for you!
It's awesome work!

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Something else that came to mind is how come that Katie has been completely ignored by Inanna? She fits the bill of people that are regularly sent to the island. Was Inanna just too busy with MC and Alice? She did mention a limit to her powers earlier.
Katie doesn't have any powers. I forget if it was Inanna or Liv that told us, but we know that while Alice has powers though they aren't as strong as ours, Katie is a normal girl. Which is a very strange thing to write. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: vmaks
4.00 star(s) 151 Votes