VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
0055_65.jpg

Hi, everybody. Long ago there is nothing wrote, I want to share with you the news and thoughts.

About version 0.5.7

Judging by the fact that 20% of my patrons unsubscribed from me at the beginning of the month, the update was bad. OK. I understand you and draw conclusions. I won't make that mistake again.

About version 0.6

There's not much to tell. Because I haven't even started doing it properly. I have been rendering 2 animations for the last ten days, starting from August 28, 204 frames, one hour of rendering per frame. I haven't slept properly for 10 nights because of the computer noise. There's still a night left and I'll finish it. Fuck, I can finally sleep… After that, I will immediately start rendering the main images. There is already a queue for 25 pieces.

Until the end of the month, I think I will be in time. Although I'm not sure - there will be scenes in which there will be not enough video memory again... In general, I will hope that I will be in time.

About the NVIDIA presentation.

I think all the developers who work with DAZ Studio watched the NVIDIA presentation. We all use only this company's products. And I'm happy for those developers who can afford these maps! Increased productivity by 2-3 times – this is very cool! The only thing I regret is that my backlog will increase even more.

Naturally, I cannot afford these video cards. RTX 3070 is useless for me, as it has the same 8 GB of video memory, this is not enough. The 3080 already has 10 GB, which is slightly better, but it will also have a price in Russia of at least $ 900. Plus you will need to buy a new power supply and a new large case with good airflow. That's another 400-500 dollars. For reference, in August I was able to receive only $ 400, after paying for the translation into English, and other bills. And it was the best month ever! Well, I don't think it's worth talking about 3090.

Request.

In General, now I want to ask you about one thing – unsubscribe from me. Chapter 6 is likely to be the last Chapter for the next few months. I won't go into much detail now, but I'll explain everything after the Chapter is finished.

Good luck and be healthy.

Sorry that it is written so crumpled, I am really very, very tired and want to sleep. One more night left to hold out...

P.S. If after you unsubscribe from me, you decide to support someone else, please support someone who has few patrons. They need your help more than giants with thousands of earnings. Perhaps this will save their games.

Here is a small list of people you can support:

But that, of course, is up to you!

P. P. S. Funny, I noticed that in this list were those with whom I started making the game at the same time. We have just a few days difference in the release of the first version of the game. And everyone has such low support! Apparently, may 2018 was a very bad time to launch the game, huh?!

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
View attachment 805912

Hi, everybody. Long ago there is nothing wrote, I want to share with you the news and thoughts.

About version 0.5.7

Judging by the fact that 20% of my patrons unsubscribed from me at the beginning of the month, the update was bad. OK. I understand you and draw conclusions. I won't make that mistake again.

About version 0.6

There's not much to tell. Because I haven't even started doing it properly. I have been rendering 2 animations for the last ten days, starting from August 28, 204 frames, one hour of rendering per frame. I haven't slept properly for 10 nights because of the computer noise. There's still a night left and I'll finish it. Fuck, I can finally sleep… After that, I will immediately start rendering the main images. There is already a queue for 25 pieces.

Until the end of the month, I think I will be in time. Although I'm not sure - there will be scenes in which there will be not enough video memory again... In general, I will hope that I will be in time.

I think all the developers who work with DAZ Studio watched the NVIDIA presentation. We all use only this company's products. And I'm happy for those developers who can afford these maps! Increased productivity by 2-3 times – this is very cool! The only thing I regret is that my backlog will increase even more.

Naturally, I cannot afford these video cards. RTX 3070 is useless for me, as it has the same 8 GB of video memory, this is not enough. The 3080 already has 10 GB, which is slightly better, but it will also have a price in Russia of at least $ 900. Plus you will need to buy a new power supply and a new large case with good airflow. That's another 400-500 dollars. For reference, in August I was able to receive only $ 400, after paying for the translation into English, and other bills. And it was the best month ever! Well, I don't think it's worth talking about 3090.

Request.

In General, now I want to ask you about one thing – unsubscribe from me. Chapter 6 is likely to be the last Chapter for the next few months. I won't go into much detail now, but I'll explain everything after the Chapter is finished.

Sorry that it is written so crumpled, I am really very, very tired and want to sleep. One more night left to hold out...

P.S. If after you unsubscribe from me, you decide to support someone else, please support someone who has few patrons. They need your help more than giants with thousands of earnings. Perhaps this will save their games.

P. P. S. Funny, I noticed that in this list were those with whom I started making the game at the same time. We have just a few days difference in the release of the first version of the game. And everyone has such low support! Apparently, may 2018 was a very bad time to launch the game, huh?!
Do what you gotta do, I'm not a patreon but will stay watching this thread regardless....you have a great story. So it might take longer to release updates...who cares.

albul

Jun 8, 2017
I am sad to hear that another dev/game I support is facing difficulties because of not enough support. The last recent one was SilkandMilkProductions with the game Primal Instinct, another excellent game in my opinion. This is why I get frustrated when I see other games that seem to be getting a huge amount of support for minimal (or none at all) content. I won't be naming them here, it's not worth it.

I honestly don't think that the last update's quality was the reason for the drop-off in patron numbers, I think it's just a coincidence. But what do I know, i don't really understand how patreon works.

As for the 3 devs that PixelsLab has recommended, I played all of their games, and all of them are good in my opinion. But, from among the 3, only MrKnobb has delivered quality updates consistently. Reincarnotica/Polyrotix had like a year (or more) of hiatus, with no contact from the dev, and was actually marked as abandoned on f95zone, but had a new update in July, don't know the current status. As for stencilbits, Offcuts had the last game update more than a year ago, but each update they make is a full route and is pretty huge in content size and of very good quality.

Last edited:

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
View attachment 805912

About version 0.5.7

About version 0.6

Request.

My thoughts are much the same as Maviarab do what you feel is necessary to achieve the quality you're striving for. So it'll take you a bit longer. Hopefully after I got the three months worth of being shut down/not working sorted out I can start supporting some of the vn's I like. Just please don't ever abandon this.

vmaks

Sep 13, 2018
View attachment 805912

About version 0.5.7

About version 0.6

Request.

It's a pity if in the end this project is abandoned, the developer maintains a balance between the rendering history and, most importantly, the frequency of the update release (two per MONTH!), not that some who don't release anything for six months.

Ithilion

Dec 25, 2018
I certainly don't mind waiting a bit longer if it means the game is not rushed out. For all the flaws with grammar and such, this is easily in my top 5. I wish I could actually afford to support PixelsLab on Patreon...

Reactions: PixelsLab and vmaks

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
View attachment 805912

About version 0.5.7

About version 0.6

Request.

This makes me sad.

F1_V10

Apr 9, 2019
I won't go into much detail now, but I'll explain everything after the Chapter is finished.
I don't know abt the last few updates cuz I tend to wait for a couple of them to come out and I usually play it then so as get more playtime. But your VN was something special, at least for me, I guess. It had a good, unique story that kept me on my toes and made me wish for more. The characters (even tho they followed certain tropes) weren't bland and felt like people.

So if it takes a longer time for you to push an update, I believe its fine as I'm pretty sure you'll maintain the quality, if not improve. Doesn't matter if some have unrealistic expectations of human capability.
Hope to hear more from you soon.

Reactions: PixelsLab

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
Do what you gotta do, I'm not a patreon but will stay watching this thread regardless....you have a great story. So it might take longer to release updates...who cares.
Thanks! I'm glad you liked the story.:giggle:

I am sad to hear that another dev/game I support is facing difficulties because of not enough support. The last recent one was SilkandMilkProductions with the game Primal Instinct, another excellent game in my opinion. This is why I get frustrated when I see other games that seem to be getting a huge amount of support for minimal (or none at all) content. I won't be naming them here, it's not worth it.

I honestly don't think that the last update's quality was the reason for the drop-off in patron numbers, I think it's just a coincidence. But what do I know, i don't really understand how patreon works.

As for the 3 devs that PixelsLab has recommended, I played all of their games, and all of them are good in my opinion. But, from among the 3, only MrKnobb has delivered quality updates consistently. Reincarnotica/Polyrotix had like a year (or more) of hiatus, with no contact from the dev, and was actually marked as abandoned on f95zone, but had a new update in July, don't know the current status. As for stencilbits, Offcuts had the last game update more than a year ago, but each update they make is a full route and is pretty huge in content size and of very good quality.
Yes, I also don't understand how Patreon works at all. And how some gain thousands of patrons in less than a year, while others barely find the opportunity to continue playing. I've always tried to do the best I can, but I'm always a loser.
I guess you really need to do this as a business, otherwise you won't survive. :unsure:

Reactions: F1_V10

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
My thoughts are much the same as Maviarab do what you feel is necessary to achieve the quality you're striving for. So it'll take you a bit longer. Hopefully after I got the three months worth of being shut down/not working sorted out I can start supporting some of the vn's I like. Just please don't ever abandon this.
Thank you! I'll try to think of something, or rather, I already have.
Don't support someone if you have problems!:mad:

This makes me sad.
Me too...

I certainly don't mind waiting a bit longer if it means the game is not rushed out. For all the flaws with grammar and such, this is easily in my top 5.
Exactly! It's time to solve a lot of problems! Including grammar.

I wish I could actually afford to support PixelsLab on Patreon...
No big deal! If you can't support someone, you shouldn't even think about it. I know the value of money and how hard it is to earn it. One kind word is enough for me. Thanks!

Last edited:

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
I don't know abt the last few updates cuz I tend to wait for a couple of them to come out and I usually play it then so as get more playtime.
Good solution. I think you will like version 0.6
But your VN was something special, at least for me, I guess. It had a good, unique story that kept me on my toes and made me wish for more. The characters (even tho they followed certain tropes) weren't bland and felt like people.
:giggle: *I feel a surge of pride*

So if it takes a longer time for you to push an update, I believe its fine as I'm pretty sure you'll maintain the quality, if not improve. Doesn't matter if some have unrealistic expectations of human capability.
Hope to hear more from you soon.
Unfortunately, taking a long break is a death sentence for me. I've been through something like this before, if I leave for more than two months, I can't pay for the transfer afterwards, as support drops to almost zero

And I don't want to leave. I just want to change a lot and try a couple of new things.

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes