VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
Yes I know.
Now I am even more confused, cause you said;
So, no new content until 2021. Because he is reworking previous content? To me that means the game is on hold for the next 4-5 months.
:rolleyes:

Some misunderstanding I guess..

Cause 4-5 months with a release in October would make a January Februari more like 3-4 months.. and no New content would mean no release in October..

Reactions: Vollezar

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Now I am even more confused, cause you said;

:rolleyes:

Some misunderstanding I guess..
I can see why, without the context. In posts before that we already discussed the upcoming update (this month hopefully). And what I meant is that there is not going to be an update after that, according to the dev, until early 2021.

Reactions: -L-L-MJ-

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Now I read and think that this idiot wants a lot! :mad:
Nothing wrong with setting goals and working towards them even if it turns out they were too abitious.

From what I can tell the "market" for these games is getting more and more saturated so it will be harder to gain traction. The language barrier seems to be your biggest handicap. It makes promoting the game and interacting with your supporters harder. And having to pay for translations instead of investing in rendering hardware hurts too. If you paid that money for the first chapters (non-gammar fix version) that feels like a rip off. I feel like learning English would help you a lot but if you're working a regular job during the day and on the game in the evening finding the time for that will be almost impossible.

I really like TIF. The story is great the lewd stuff is hot. I hope you can get were you want to be. Best of luck to you.

d3v0id

Donor
Apr 4, 2020
Second replay, and I love it—the dialogues and the overall story are phenomenal, howbeit I still don't get most of the things, but I'm certainly hooked how the story will turn out.

Aldnoah Zero

Apr 29, 2018
On second thought, some of the top 10 adult games on patreon don't make any sense ?!
(my intention is not to offend fans, but ..)

Ehh someone dropped to 11 (who knows ICStor finally gives up or starts working)
Well, the fact that you focused more on history ....weighed a lot .. (no news,sex sells)

I don't think 2018 was a bad year, there was a lot of competition and broken dreams.
In general you find more casual gamers and fast food..games..
Try to sell these people a complex story or difficult game, and you will end up disappointed.
Becomes necessary more translations too, is not everyone can understand fluent English ..(Google T is your worst friend)

Unless you have successful game , after more than 1 or 2 years, your assets start to become obsolete and you have a brutal graphic loss..(You are required to revamp the entire project ..)
Staying the same way and ends up becoming boring and repetitive.... even with a good update of the story..
(some games escapes the rules and human understanding lol)

I advise everyone to try Daz Studio before complaining about too little content ...
(it was even audacious of you to include more animations)
In my country electricity bill is one of the most expensive in the world ... leave your pc at 100% (In cold places use as heater) for days, and say goodbye to your profit..

It is an interesting idea to launch a demo of a new game ..
If you don't achieve what you expected, try another one with a different theme.

Too bad TIF has not achieved the expected return so far,i particularly like the game..
But each has its own priorities, and with the pandemic, perhaps many patreons cannot help (anymore.)
Good luck with your new project and I hope Tif gets a tag (Completed) one day..

Last edited:

pilapila3

Donor
Nov 27, 2019
That was brilliant:ROFLMAO:
I have to ask though, why don't you split the game in three parts, 5 Chapter's each for example and put them on Steam one part at a time upon completion? Just a thought but I am sure there are users that would buy it on Steam one part a a time. Definitely I am one. I pay for ready product, that's just how I am. I got burned in the past...
Nevertheless, no matter what I am going to wait for final chapter.... and full Steam release if it has to be this way;)

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
View attachment 839086

Well, to begin with, I would like to apologize for the post at the beginning of the month called "Thoughts." Apparently Google has incorrectly translated the phrase "unsubscribe from me" to "subscribe to me" Otherwise, I don't understand why I have so much support this month.

A quick FAQ for what I plan to do next.
Is the game closed for good? - No, I think in January-February 2021 the game will start updating again.

What are the reasons? Slow development, with low support.

What are you going to do during these 3-4 months? - I'll try to completely redo the first and second chapters, edit all the English text, add additional animations and make other minor edits and changes. In addition, I am considering creating another simpler game in terms of storyline, to make money. To pay the bills, so to speak.

Long explanation. (I look pretty pathetic in it, I apologize for that.)
I'm sorry I started making The Intoxicating Flavor. TIF is a game with a long storyline, complex dialogues, well-developed characters and high-quality rendering. Well, or at least that's how I intended this game. The problem is that I myself was not ready to make a game of this size and complexity. Now I understand that. I should have started with something simpler, with a game in which I would not have to constantly think over every word, and redo each frame several times. It was necessary first to earn some money, buy the necessary equipment, and then take on a big project.

Let me explain. I've been doing TIF for two and a half years now. During this time, I barely released 6 chapters, out of about 15-16. Can you imagine? I have not done even half of my plan! At this rate, I will finish the game for another 4-5 years! You yourself understand that this is not normal, especially for a game where the main feature is the plot.

How did it happen? Well, when I created the game, I didn't think about money at all. That is, I did not think that they would be the main problem. I naively believed that in the first year I could completely update my computer, in the second I could leave my job, and in the third year I could hire a few people to help. XD Yes, yes, yes, I know, too cocky. But I believed that if you constantly improve the quality of the picture and text, then people will notice and support the game. I honestly thought that I could make game development my main business, that I could spend 8 hours a day on it, working calmly, and not like now, returning home tired after work and with the last bit of strength to work 4-6 hours, falling asleep at the computer...

The reality turned out to be more disappointing. In the first month I was able to earn $ 21, in the second $ 66, taking into account the fact that I spent $ 750 on the translation of 1 chapter... And in the third month I again had to pay for the translation of the second chapter. Well, am I not an idiot? Perhaps then I should have realized that something went wrong. In general, until August last year, I was in the red. And then I decided that if a year later, in August 2020, I don't have $ 1000 of support per month, then there is no point in continuing the game, I simply cannot do it. This is why I was very upset when support dropped so much at the end of August.

And in addition to the transfer, during these two years, I burned 2 video cards (for one I was refunded money under warranty), I had to update my computer, I got a serious spine disease due to the fact that I sit at the computer at work and after work. And all this has driven me into such debts that I still can't pay them off, especially the loan I took out for the operation.

But you say, "Now you have $ 900 of support, that's a lot!" This is really very, very much, but I do not have such support, this is a one-time help. Next month it will be $ 700, and another month $ 500, and here I am again fighting for survival. But even $ 900 is not enough to fully focus on the game.

This is what I want to achieve - by the end of 2021, make the creation of the game your main work, and in 2022, completely finish the TIF. I don't know any other way. Making the game for another 5 years is crazy. Well, either give up on the quality that I've been striving for for 3 years and release updates as quickly as possible. Which I really don't want.

I tried never to say it, but it's stupid to get off the subject now. I need a lot of support to continue making the game. Very large. But not from you. You've already done more than I could have hoped for. Thanks to you, I was able to hold out for so long. And I can't ask you for more. Every time someone signs up for $ 10-20-40, I get scared. It's a lot of money for me, and that someone is giving it to me is a bit discouraging. All I want to do now is bring as many new players to the game as possible. So I want to stop, fix the mistakes I made at the very beginning, and try to understand how other developers were able to attract so much attention to themselves, and then make a new start.

And here's what I want to ask you: Don't forget about the game. It will be a very long 4 months, but when the game starts coming out again, at least try to play it again. And if you also recommend it to someone, I will be super-grateful. <3 Yes! And check out the demo of the new game, which I will release in late October, early November. Maybe this is my new masterpiece!

Hm... It turned out a lot of text, and I'm not sure that I was able to convey my thoughts correctly… I hope I could. If you have any questions, please ask them.

P.S.
I understand that one of the reasons for the low support is that I do not communicate much with the audience. I write few posts, but, firstly, I always tried to devote all my free time to work on the update, and secondly, most of the audience of the game communicate in English, which I know awfully. I always write messages and posts through Google translator, and then I also try to correct this translation. :) Therefore, I usually do not respond to comments for a long time and do not write news. I tried to take a tutor and learn the language, which I now have to know, but it costs $ 200 per month. Now for me this is an impossible amount, since I have to pay the loan for the operation and constantly buy medicine. So I apologize for constantly pulling the news to the last. The main thing is to remember that every message, comment, review, I read. Thanks for leaving them. :-*
I'm very sorry to hear that you are having problems. It's a shame that a game like yours is not receiving the support that it should and it's a sad reality of this industry that so many great games go largely unnoticed. I hope you'll be able to find a way to continue as it would be a great pity to not have this game anymore.

If I may offer a couple of suggestions, when it comes to the translation aspect, you could look for help here as I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be more than happy to help with translations and proofreading for free. As for the funding, you should reach out to other developers on Patreon, particularly the ones with the biggest and most popular games, and ask if they could do a cross-promotion where they will advertise your game on their Patreon and you'll do the same for them. You could even perhaps ask if they would like to become patrons at a high tier, like $100, as some of these devs are earning so much money they could surely spare some of that to help you out. Perhaps you could also contact one of the F95 mods and ask if it's possible to get the game added to the Featured Games slider at the top of the main page in order to increase exposure.

I don't know if these things would necessarily help, but they're probably worth considering. I hope you are and will continue to do well and that things will turn around for you because your game is great and it would be a shame to see all that effort and obvious talent come to an end. :cry:

vmaks

Sep 13, 2018

About the update
Phew... The Russian version of the update is ready! I gave the last part for translation. Everything that depended on me I did!
What new?
  • 243 images
  • 8500 words
  • 2 animations
  • 1 sounds
I love this update! I'm really super happy with how it came out. Yes, I suffered a lot with its release, met a lot of problems (Remember the animations that I rendered for almost 10 days!), but the result makes me very happy! I hope you like it too!
About the whole chapter.

I am also very happy with the whole Chapter, because it turned out exactly the way I wanted it to be. The title of the Chapter is "Undeserved calm", and that's what I wanted to do a Chapter – about calm. I wanted the characters to bond a little, not only through conflict resolution, but also because they enjoy spending time together. It seems to me that I succeeded, but it is up to you to judge, as always. Surprisingly, this is the only chapter in my memory from which I did not have to delete scenes! And this despite all the problems! Speaking of problems!
About the video card.
Since the update is ready and I don't need to render anything else, I think I have every right to start complaining, and this will not be taken as an excuse by you. Video memory again! Yes, Yes, Yes, I know I'm boring you already, but this is really a problem. If the scene on the beach I learned to do, the new situation introduced me to a stupor.
In general, in the last scene I have two characters, in an empty room, and nothing else. And even then I did not have enough video memory! Only two characters! This is ridiculous. I make a scene for 20 minutes, and then I try to render on it for half an hour. That is, I actually spend more time trying to run the render, rather than creating the image. This problem needs to be solved, and the sooner the better.
I don't know what to do yet. This situation is getting to me. I'm starting to look towards buying 3090 to settle this issue permanently. I don't know where I'll get the money for this purchase, maybe I'll sell the kidney, but I need to do something. Waiting for 3080 20 Gb to come out is too long.
About the new game.

As you know, I am starting to work on a new game. While I'm preparing a demo to see how people react. If you like the game and the idea, we will make a full version, and we will decide how to make two games at the same time. If you don't like the Demo, we will decide how to attract new players in another way.
I will start sharing information about the new game soon. And I plan to release it before November 15, because on November 19, Cyberpunk is released, and everyone will have no time for my game.
Well, that's all I wanted to say… While we wait for the transfer together. And after the release, I'm waiting for your feedback!

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

About the update
Phew... The Russian version of the update is ready! I gave the last part for translation. Everything that depended on me I did!
What new?
  • 243 images
  • 8500 words
  • 2 animations
  • 1 sounds
I love this update! I'm really super happy with how it came out. Yes, I suffered a lot with its release, met a lot of problems (Remember the animations that I rendered for almost 10 days!), but the result makes me very happy! I hope you like it too!
About the whole chapter.

I am also very happy with the whole Chapter, because it turned out exactly the way I wanted it to be. The title of the Chapter is "Undeserved calm", and that's what I wanted to do a Chapter – about calm. I wanted the characters to bond a little, not only through conflict resolution, but also because they enjoy spending time together. It seems to me that I succeeded, but it is up to you to judge, as always. Surprisingly, this is the only chapter in my memory from which I did not have to delete scenes! And this despite all the problems! Speaking of problems!
About the video card.
Since the update is ready and I don't need to render anything else, I think I have every right to start complaining, and this will not be taken as an excuse by you. Video memory again! Yes, Yes, Yes, I know I'm boring you already, but this is really a problem. If the scene on the beach I learned to do, the new situation introduced me to a stupor.
In general, in the last scene I have two characters, in an empty room, and nothing else. And even then I did not have enough video memory! Only two characters! This is ridiculous. I make a scene for 20 minutes, and then I try to render on it for half an hour. That is, I actually spend more time trying to run the render, rather than creating the image. This problem needs to be solved, and the sooner the better.
I don't know what to do yet. This situation is getting to me. I'm starting to look towards buying 3090 to settle this issue permanently. I don't know where I'll get the money for this purchase, maybe I'll sell the kidney, but I need to do something. Waiting for 3080 20 Gb to come out is too long.
About the new game.

As you know, I am starting to work on a new game. While I'm preparing a demo to see how people react. If you like the game and the idea, we will make a full version, and we will decide how to make two games at the same time. If you don't like the Demo, we will decide how to attract new players in another way.
I will start sharing information about the new game soon. And I plan to release it before November 15, because on November 19, Cyberpunk is released, and everyone will have no time for my game.
Well, that's all I wanted to say… While we wait for the transfer together. And after the release, I'm waiting for your feedback!
Thank you for sharing that (y) Still loving this strange dark and eerily charming vn

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Here is the walkthrough everyone (some people) have been asking for. There are NO payoffs to choices as of yet, other than minor dialogue changes, but I kept getting requests, so here it is. There are plenty of points and variables that will come into play later I'm sure. Enjoy!

Edit: Updated 0.5.7

You can find this and all my of content here:

Or you can:
Quite the busy month you're probably having. When you get the opportunity, would you be able to update your walkthough and perhaps ping me (or post whichever is quicker/easier) that it's ready?

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes