VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

F1_V10

Apr 9, 2019
*I feel a surge of pride*
Your game was one that I tried long ago but didn't get to playthrough fully on my 1st attempt, due to real life shit. But then at a later date I saw it on my PC and finished it in one go, and since I have been skipping updates it has been some time since this playthrough, but I still remeber most, if not all of the story. That's because of what I said above, good storytellling. I have played plenty of VN's after this and I've forgotten 'em, but not this one.
I just want to change a lot and try a couple of new things.
As I told above, do what you feel like. You've created a good universe, believable characters, and a well fledged out story that keeps players who are interested on edge. I believe in time your game will get popular cuz it has the the potenital, so keep doing what you feel like.

Creeperswarm

Feb 27, 2020
In General, now I want to ask you about one thing – unsubscribe from me.

Here is a small list of people you can support:
With sad feelings I did what you asked, and thx for a tip about other creators, subscribed to one of them.
Денег нет, но вы держитесь. (а вообще нет, пока не отписался на самом деле)

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
0056_27.jpg

progress.jpg

This update will have a little bit of everything. I think the update will be very good and interesting. But I remember thinking the same way about the past. And we remember how many people left after it. So I'd better shut up and hope for the best.

As you probably guessed, there will be no update this month. I think it will be ready around 7-10. I didn't expect Liv's scene to be so big and difficult to render. But even if it were a little lighter, I still would not have had time, since I decided to add another scene at the end of the chapter. I think it fits well.

I promised to share my thoughts on what will happen to the game after the release of Chapter 6. But since the update didn't come out until the end of the month, I think I should explain myself now. After all, many people have a subscription, and they think they should renew it or not. I'll write a post tomorrow after I get back from the hospital. The post will be big and very emotional. Get ready!

P.S. thank you for still being with me.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
View attachment 837804

View attachment 837806

This update will have a little bit of everything. I think the update will be very good and interesting. But I remember thinking the same way about the past. And we remember how many people left after it. So I'd better shut up and hope for the best.

As you probably guessed, there will be no update this month. I think it will be ready around 7-10. I didn't expect Liv's scene to be so big and difficult to render. But even if it were a little lighter, I still would not have had time, since I decided to add another scene at the end of the chapter. I think it fits well.

I promised to share my thoughts on what will happen to the game after the release of Chapter 6. But since the update didn't come out until the end of the month, I think I should explain myself now. After all, many people have a subscription, and they think they should renew it or not. I'll write a post tomorrow after I get back from the hospital. The post will be big and very emotional. Get ready!

P.S. thank you for still being with me.
Screw em Pixels...I've loved every update so far regardless of size, content etc. Keep doing what you're doing, sure it will be excellent.

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
Apparently, may 2018 was a very bad time to launch the game, huh?!
By then the market is already saturated, so you have to really stand out to collect Patreons. This game took the bold direction of releasing updates with thousands of words and no sex scenes, which surprisingly turned out to be unpopular with Patreons of sex games.

Reactions: vmaks

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
1111.jpg

Well, to begin with, I would like to apologize for the post at the beginning of the month called "Thoughts." Apparently Google has incorrectly translated the phrase "unsubscribe from me" to "subscribe to me" Otherwise, I don't understand why I have so much support this month.

A quick FAQ for what I plan to do next.
Is the game closed for good? - No, I think in January-February 2021 the game will start updating again.

What are the reasons? Slow development, with low support.

What are you going to do during these 3-4 months? - I'll try to completely redo the first and second chapters, edit all the English text, add additional animations and make other minor edits and changes. In addition, I am considering creating another simpler game in terms of storyline, to make money. To pay the bills, so to speak.

Long explanation. (I look pretty pathetic in it, I apologize for that.)
I'm sorry I started making The Intoxicating Flavor. TIF is a game with a long storyline, complex dialogues, well-developed characters and high-quality rendering. Well, or at least that's how I intended this game. The problem is that I myself was not ready to make a game of this size and complexity. Now I understand that. I should have started with something simpler, with a game in which I would not have to constantly think over every word, and redo each frame several times. It was necessary first to earn some money, buy the necessary equipment, and then take on a big project.

Let me explain. I've been doing TIF for two and a half years now. During this time, I barely released 6 chapters, out of about 15-16. Can you imagine? I have not done even half of my plan! At this rate, I will finish the game for another 4-5 years! You yourself understand that this is not normal, especially for a game where the main feature is the plot.

How did it happen? Well, when I created the game, I didn't think about money at all. That is, I did not think that they would be the main problem. I naively believed that in the first year I could completely update my computer, in the second I could leave my job, and in the third year I could hire a few people to help. XD Yes, yes, yes, I know, too cocky. But I believed that if you constantly improve the quality of the picture and text, then people will notice and support the game. I honestly thought that I could make game development my main business, that I could spend 8 hours a day on it, working calmly, and not like now, returning home tired after work and with the last bit of strength to work 4-6 hours, falling asleep at the computer...

The reality turned out to be more disappointing. In the first month I was able to earn $ 21, in the second $ 66, taking into account the fact that I spent $ 750 on the translation of 1 chapter... And in the third month I again had to pay for the translation of the second chapter. Well, am I not an idiot? Perhaps then I should have realized that something went wrong. In general, until August last year, I was in the red. And then I decided that if a year later, in August 2020, I don't have $ 1000 of support per month, then there is no point in continuing the game, I simply cannot do it. This is why I was very upset when support dropped so much at the end of August.

And in addition to the transfer, during these two years, I burned 2 video cards (for one I was refunded money under warranty), I had to update my computer, I got a serious spine disease due to the fact that I sit at the computer at work and after work. And all this has driven me into such debts that I still can't pay them off, especially the loan I took out for the operation.

But you say, "Now you have $ 900 of support, that's a lot!" This is really very, very much, but I do not have such support, this is a one-time help. Next month it will be $ 700, and another month $ 500, and here I am again fighting for survival. But even $ 900 is not enough to fully focus on the game.

This is what I want to achieve - by the end of 2021, make the creation of the game your main work, and in 2022, completely finish the TIF. I don't know any other way. Making the game for another 5 years is crazy. Well, either give up on the quality that I've been striving for for 3 years and release updates as quickly as possible. Which I really don't want.

I tried never to say it, but it's stupid to get off the subject now. I need a lot of support to continue making the game. Very large. But not from you. You've already done more than I could have hoped for. Thanks to you, I was able to hold out for so long. And I can't ask you for more. Every time someone signs up for $ 10-20-40, I get scared. It's a lot of money for me, and that someone is giving it to me is a bit discouraging. All I want to do now is bring as many new players to the game as possible. So I want to stop, fix the mistakes I made at the very beginning, and try to understand how other developers were able to attract so much attention to themselves, and then make a new start.

And here's what I want to ask you: Don't forget about the game. It will be a very long 4 months, but when the game starts coming out again, at least try to play it again. And if you also recommend it to someone, I will be super-grateful. <3 Yes! And check out the demo of the new game, which I will release in late October, early November. Maybe this is my new masterpiece!

Hm... It turned out a lot of text, and I'm not sure that I was able to convey my thoughts correctly… I hope I could. If you have any questions, please ask them.

P.S.
I understand that one of the reasons for the low support is that I do not communicate much with the audience. I write few posts, but, firstly, I always tried to devote all my free time to work on the update, and secondly, most of the audience of the game communicate in English, which I know awfully. I always write messages and posts through Google translator, and then I also try to correct this translation. :) Therefore, I usually do not respond to comments for a long time and do not write news. I tried to take a tutor and learn the language, which I now have to know, but it costs $ 200 per month. Now for me this is an impossible amount, since I have to pay the loan for the operation and constantly buy medicine. So I apologize for constantly pulling the news to the last. The main thing is to remember that every message, comment, review, I read. Thanks for leaving them. :-*

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
View attachment 839086

Well, to begin with, I would like to apologize for the post at the beginning of the month called "Thoughts." Apparently Google has incorrectly translated the phrase "unsubscribe from me" to "subscribe to me" Otherwise, I don't understand why I have so much support this month.

Is the game closed for good? - No, I think in January-February 2021 the game will start updating again.

What are you going to do during these 3-4 months? - I'll try to completely redo the first and second chapters, edit all the English text, add additional animations and make other minor edits and changes. In addition, I am considering creating another simpler game in terms of storyline, to make money. To pay the bills, so to speak.

I'm sorry I started making The Intoxicating Flavor. TIF is a game with a long storyline, complex dialogues, well-developed characters and high-quality rendering. Well, or at least that's how I intended this game. The problem is that I myself was not ready to make a game of this size and complexity. Now I understand that. I should have started with something simpler, with a game in which I would not have to constantly think over every word, and redo each frame several times. It was necessary first to earn some money, buy the necessary equipment, and then take on a big project.

Let me explain. I've been doing TIF for two and a half years now. During this time, I barely released 6 chapters, out of about 15-16. Can you imagine? I have not done even half of my plan! At this rate, I will finish the game for another 4-5 years! You yourself understand that this is not normal, especially for a game where the main feature is the plot.

How did it happen? Well, when I created the game, I didn't think about money at all. That is, I did not think that they would be the main problem. I naively believed that in the first year I could completely update my computer, in the second I could leave my job, and in the third year I could hire a few people to help. XD Yes, yes, yes, I know, too cocky. But I believed that if you constantly improve the quality of the picture and text, then people will notice and support the game. I honestly thought that I could make game development my main business, that I could spend 8 hours a day on it, working calmly, and not like now, returning home tired after work and with the last bit of strength to work 4-6 hours, falling asleep at the computer...

The reality turned out to be more disappointing. In the first month I was able to earn $ 21, in the second $ 66, taking into account the fact that I spent $ 750 on the translation of 1 chapter... And in the third month I again had to pay for the translation of the second chapter. Well, am I not an idiot? Perhaps then I should have realized that something went wrong. In general, until August last year, I was in the red. And then I decided that if a year later, in August 2020, I don't have $ 1000 of support per month, then there is no point in continuing the game, I simply cannot do it. This is why I was very upset when support dropped so much at the end of August.

And in addition to the transfer, during these two years, I burned 2 video cards (for one I was refunded money under warranty), I had to update my computer, I got a serious spine disease due to the fact that I sit at the computer at work and after work. And all this has driven me into such debts that I still can't pay them off, especially the loan I took out for the operation.

But you say, "Now you have $ 900 of support, that's a lot!" This is really very, very much, but I do not have such support, this is a one-time help. Next month it will be $ 700, and another month $ 500, and here I am again fighting for survival. But even $ 900 is not enough to fully focus on the game.

This is what I want to achieve - by the end of 2021, make the creation of the game your main work, and in 2022, completely finish the TIF. I don't know any other way. Making the game for another 5 years is crazy. Well, either give up on the quality that I've been striving for for 3 years and release updates as quickly as possible. Which I really don't want.

I tried never to say it, but it's stupid to get off the subject now. I need a lot of support to continue making the game. Very large. But not from you. You've already done more than I could have hoped for. Thanks to you, I was able to hold out for so long. And I can't ask you for more. Every time someone signs up for $ 10-20-40, I get scared. It's a lot of money for me, and that someone is giving it to me is a bit discouraging. All I want to do now is bring as many new players to the game as possible. So I want to stop, fix the mistakes I made at the very beginning, and try to understand how other developers were able to attract so much attention to themselves, and then make a new start.

And here's what I want to ask you: Don't forget about the game. It will be a very long 4 months, but when the game starts coming out again, at least try to play it again. And if you also recommend it to someone, I will be super-grateful. <3 Yes! And check out the demo of the new game, which I will release in late October, early November. Maybe this is my new masterpiece!

Hm... It turned out a lot of text, and I'm not sure that I was able to convey my thoughts correctly… I hope I could. If you have any questions, please ask them.

P.S.
I understand that one of the reasons for the low support is that I do not communicate much with the audience. I write few posts, but, firstly, I always tried to devote all my free time to work on the update, and secondly, most of the audience of the game communicate in English, which I know awfully. I always write messages and posts through Google translator, and then I also try to correct this translation. :) Therefore, I usually do not respond to comments for a long time and do not write news. I tried to take a tutor and learn the language, which I now have to know, but it costs $ 200 per month. Now for me this is an impossible amount, since I have to pay the loan for the operation and constantly buy medicine. So I apologize for constantly pulling the news to the last. The main thing is to remember that every message, comment, review, I read. Thanks for leaving them. :-*
Now I read and think that this idiot wants a lot! :mad:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
View attachment 839086

P.S.
Out of reactions so saying something instead. You know where many of us stand...best of luck going forward, look forward to anything you release.

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
View attachment 839086

P.S.
I'm in agreement with what Maviarab said.

Out of reactions so saying something instead. You know where many of us stand...best of luck going forward, look forward to anything you release.
And add, I believe I should still be here to see the finish of this game. Once I see your other game appear I'll try it out.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
View attachment 839086

P.S.
I respect and applaud your candor. I fell in love with this VN faults and all, but alas have nothing money wise to help you.

I believe in you and I have a desire to see this long strange trip to an end. That said your words scare me and sorry if I'm an asshole I don't want the story to change at all. Its so beautifully dark and bright in its ebbs.

I wish you well and will check out the new game, but please don't "fix" this one too much. Again i have no right to make this request but I adore what it was/is... a fan.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
And after that:
Once again:

on hold
= the dev announced that he/she/it isn't working on the game at the moment.

He is working on 0.6, so the game IS NOT on hold.

Once again (again):

he said that after 0.6 he's going to rework the game, so no new updates until 2021. So, he won't pause working on the game.

So, the game won't be put on hold.

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Once again:

on hold
= the dev announced that he/she/it isn't working on the game at the moment.

He is working on 0.6, so the game IS NOT on hold.

Once again (again):

he said that after 0.6 he's going to rework the game, so no new updates until 2021. So, he won't pause working on the game.

So, the game won't be put on hold.
So, no new content until 2021. Because he is reworking previous content? To me that means the game is on hold for the next 4-5 months. Before you burst a vein from trying your best to be right, I am still not going to stop my Patreon pledge. So chill out.

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
So, no new content until 2021. Because he is reworking previous content? To me that means the game is on hold for the next 4-5 months. Before you burst a vein from trying your best to be right, I am still not going to stop my Patreon pledge. So chill out.

Sorry bruhh, but as I understand it V 6.0 will be released before doing the rework.. Somewhere in October.

Reactions: PixelsLab
4.00 star(s) 151 Votes