VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
Hi, i've played around 10 minutes of this game and was wondering if it's worth the time and if it gets better later on. I've never made a decision on a game after just 10 minutes but i sure am tempted now. I dont remember encountering a more waste of space and fresh air, trash MC.
Game starts, Mc brags about the many life and death encounters with people with guns he had in his life and tough experiences then he acts like a scared child when he hears someone's footsteps. Then he gets tricked like a child a few times in a row by that skipper. Next he stops chasing him ( at that point the only person who could give him answers and get him out of there) because he saw a few girls..?! seriously? Then he makes the all time genius statement that he will catch him next time when the situation was that he was on an island and that guy just left on a boat. Then he's letting the girls interrogate him for no reason and be rude towards him again like a child being scolded. He apparently forgot his spine, personality, intelligence etc etc, home when he left on the trip. I doubt i could write that much BS in that short amount of time if i tried to.
You shouldn't play this game. There are more than a thousand different projects on the site. I am sure you will easily find a game where the main character is not afraid of anyone, he will never be deceived and he does not make mistakes. And most importantly, no one will dare to speak rudely with the main character! How can it be that the main character does not punish girls for being rude to him and for asking him questions! I'm redoing the first chapter right now, I need to add a scene where the MC hits Katie in the face, right after she dared to be rude to him, and Maria, for daring to ask him questions. That's what people do, isn't it?
I am sure you will easily find a game where the developer will be very happy to satisfy your complexes, but my game will not.

Sidesteps

Aug 19, 2020
You already made up your mind with your previous post why you don't like the game!
Why come looking for validation on a thread were people actually like the game. Sure you can have your opinion but then don't be surprised when said thread and the people in it act hostile towards you.
I understand what you mean but i actually didnt make up my mind about the game. The game can still be great even if the Mc has a bunch of problems (that is basically the situation with almost all Mc in this genre) Hence i was asking about the game if it is good and is worth tolerating the Mc who managed to to annoy me more than the usual. I could have probably just asked that and not continue with the venting about the mc. I guess it's my bad in that regard.

Sidesteps

Aug 19, 2020
You shouldn't play this game. There are more than a thousand different projects on the site. I am sure you will easily find a game where the main character is not afraid of anyone, he will never be deceived and he does not make mistakes. And most importantly, no one will dare to speak rudely with the main character! How can it be that the main character does not punish girls for being rude to him and for asking him questions! I'm redoing the first chapter right now, I need to add a scene where the MC hits Katie in the face, right after she dared to be rude to him, and Maria, for daring to ask him questions. That's what people do, isn't it?
I am sure you will easily find a game where the developer will be very happy to satisfy your complexes, but my game will not.
Really dude, i understand it takes a lot of work to make a game, but do you need to over react like that? Who said anything about punching Katie in the face for being rude? He could have turned around and leave, or reply less nicely, or not reply and a bunch of other options. Never be afraid of anything ? who said that, he was presented as a highly experienced guy and he was scared of footsteps. I wont bother with the rest of the points.. you are clearly not willing to admit mistakes and twisting and exagerting everything. Bye

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
Hi, i've played around 10 minutes of this game and was wondering if it's worth the time and if it gets better later on. I've never made a decision on a game after just 10 minutes but i sure am tempted now. I dont remember encountering a more waste of space and fresh air, trash MC.
Game starts, Mc brags about the many life and death encounters with people with guns he had in his life and tough experiences then he acts like a scared child when he hears someone's footsteps. Then he gets tricked like a child a few times in a row by that skipper. Next he stops chasing him ( at that point the only person who could give him answers and get him out of there) because he saw a few girls..?! seriously? Then he makes the all time genius statement that he will catch him next time when the situation was that he was on an island and that guy just left on a boat. Then he's letting the girls interrogate him for no reason and be rude towards him again like a child being scolded. He apparently forgot his spine, personality, intelligence etc etc, home when he left on the trip. I doubt i could write that much BS in that short amount of time if i tried to.
maybe he is just not as alpha as you clearly are with your cartoon pic. if you feel like that then just give it a miss, i personally think its a good game but if it makes you feel a certain way being asked questions by some girls then leave.. i dont even remember them being rude and interrogating him at the start but seeing as they thought they was going to be alone on a island it makes sense that they would ask questions and feel a certain way.

tbh your post shows you can write that much bs in a short amount of time so dont put yourself down.

Sidesteps

Aug 19, 2020
maybe he is just not as alpha as you clearly are with your cartoon pic. if you feel like that then just give it a miss, i personally think its a good game but if it makes you feel a certain way being asked questions by some girls then leave.. i dont even remember them being rude and interrogating him at the start but seeing as they thought they was going to be alone on a island it makes sense that they would ask questions and feel a certain way.

tbh your post shows you can write that much bs in a short amount of time so dont put yourself down.
Your only counter to my post is something that actually Mc himself was saying in a thinking to himself manner, that he felt interogated and that they were rude, and talking trash about a cartoon pic. It must hurt being you, i'm sorry friend.

As it shows from my no of posts and joining date, it was just a lapse in judgement interacting with tools on forums. Im out of here have fun

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
Your only counter to my post is something that actually Mc himself was saying in a thinking to himself manner, that he felt interogated and that they were rude, and talking trash about a cartoon pic. It must hurt being you, i'm sorry friend. im out of here have fun
as i said i dont remember at the start but i never had your thoughts while playing the game. i remember them talking to him but i dont get how you expect him to act.. you would just turn hostile if 3 women was asking you questions? every character is different, i personally wouldnt go off at someone for asking me questions in that scenario but you say he is unintelligent, has no spine, personality just because he didnt go off on them? id love to know how you would react.

the picture reference was because you say about how he was being spoken to like a child and it seems like you think he should be more alpha but then have that.. i found it ironic and funny.

regardless if its not for you then cool, i think the writing in this was good and its a complex story that is very interesting. I dont think the MC is some bitch and if you stuck around you would see for yourself instead of judging from one interaction with strangers.

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
I understand what you mean but i actually didnt make up my mind about the game. The game can still be great even if the Mc has a bunch of problems (that is basically the situation with almost all Mc in this genre) Hence i was asking about the game if it is good and is worth tolerating the Mc who managed to to annoy me more than the usual. I could have probably just asked that and not continue with the venting about the mc. I guess it's my bad in that regard.
There is no answer for your question. MC character is too complex and your question is too simplified to get any answer from us.

I could answer question, how I think it should be asked.
But it would be a spoiler and it would tarnish what makes this game unique.

I could say you, if you will be satisfied with MC complex character, but I don`t know answer.
Your first post, with venting about, suggest, that you would be triggered more. Your calming, in post I reply to, suggest that you can be satisfied.

So let me write this:
- If you look for easy gratification, trivial story, (ridiculous) alpha male, domination, control everything then you are at wrong place.
- If you look for MC with strengths and flaws, mysterious story waiting for patient uncover, independent and fascinating girls, then you are at right place.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Hmmm... so, I'm in the beginning of Chapter 2.

Nothing makes sense. If I could read Russian, maybe it was possible to understand something. As it is, a confusing story, addled with bad grammar, typos and completely disjointed writing, it's quite difficult to comprehend what the story even is.

I'll probably give it a try sometime later, because right now, I'm cringing too much, it simply makes my skin crawl.

The renders are good, yes, but I can't say what's happening because I can't understand most of what is written and what I understand makes no sense. It's a pity.

boulimanus

Jun 10, 2018
No I haven't been able to get what the writer meant every single time.

I know it can be hard to see newcomers criticise the games we like, but liking a game and even having it in our signature, shouldn't prevent us from being honest and open minded. The story of Intoxicating Flavor is not a simple one; it gets complex and convoluted and I don't get everything happening in it. By the conclusion maybe we will, but until then there is a chance only the writer does, if they don't get lost in it themselves.
The english is decent but you can tell it's not the dev's native language either so it can at times make things worse for some people, whilst others might be able to brush it off.

Not understanding everything doesn't prevent enjoying a story or a game though. Everyone needs to understand that there are options other than the extremes...

Last edited:
Reactions: Forgotted

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Well, I'll admit, I'm guilty of being a bit too harsh, though I try not to be.

It just all depends for me, honestly.

This site says, I think, that it's English speaking. (Not trying to sound rude, I just think that was in their rules..)

When an obviously non English speaking Dev puts out a game with tons of mistakes then demands money from
primarily English speaking folks, it annoys me so much. That is only if they aren't trying to improve.

I've seen several games where the Dev is obviously improving, asking for suggestions, getting a proofreader, etc. That's a totally different scenario and the Dev deserves a Big Kuddos and tons of support.

I've also seen games, including one I'm playing now, where the Dev doesn't seem to give a flip and though I'm on the 6th? release, it seems to be getting worse as far as the spelling/grammar goes. That Dev is now bringing in plenty of money now and could probably afford to give a couple bucks to a proofreader. It's been suggested by many. lol

Anywho. As far as Intoxicating Flavor goes, it's different, and one of the best games out there at the moment. I mean, at least the MC's father wasn't killed and the MC is now just trying to boink his mom and sisters.... Seems to be a common theme atm. (though I do like those.lol) I don't know of very many games on here that are this intriguing, and would rank this one in the top 3 or 4 at least.

Cheers

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
I don't know what the current state of the first chapters is but I know the grammar and spelling was very rough previously. But there also was a "grammar fix" patch listed in the OP which turned it into regular well written english from what I remember. Since that isn't there anymore it might have been merged into the game proper but I haven't checked. Maybe the link has just been lost in editing.

Reactions: Forgotted

justaguy44

Jun 30, 2018
Love this VN, hope PixelsLab's situation improves, and I don't recall being put off by poor English grammar, perhaps I started it after the grammar 'fix'. Believe myself to be a discerning AVN reader, and TIFlavor is aces in my book.

Reactions: PixelsLab
4.00 star(s) 151 Votes