VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
in patreon page
I take it you are the one person in the world not familiar with the concept of fan-fiction and fan-pics. Developers often share bonus renders and images that will never appear in the game (or story) as a reward for fans.

If it doesn't say it is a preview image, it may very well not be in the game.

Petro28

Sep 11, 2017
It was a good plot dump in this update. Only problem is that I was a little confused because I did not remember much. This vn is heavy with plot and it good enough for me, but because of infrequent updates it can be somewhat hard to remember story lines.

Dars

Apr 14, 2018
What happend....reading the comments I'm not the only one...such a shame...but for now will skip a few updates, sorry

Eayz3n

Oct 12, 2018
Trying to figure out if everyone on that island is insane or some just forgot to use the supernatural/ superpower tag there :ROFLMAO: .
Because this game got messy for me very quickly. I like it, but just got all over the place to fast.

Reactions: evildead

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
Reading some older posts, and since there's no walkthrough for best choices, I have to ask. Are the choices "fake" and this is really a kinetic novel and choices don't matter, or is there just no one that has made one yet?

Doesn't matter to me either way, the renders are good, and from what I read from comments, the story is interesting, but I always like to get the best choices possible in VNs. So I'd like to know before I get too deep and see I missed some important stuff from 1 wrong choice early on.

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Lots of progress and further development of what's really going on in the last 2 updates, especially in regard to Inanna and the MC's Mother, etc. It's all finally starting to address some of those mysteries right from the beginning, such as why Alice was instructed to give everyone the flowers right back at the start, which had been something I'd wondered about ever since.

You know I love a story that makes me think, and that leaves me thinking and wondering both between the episodes and after. You certainly delivered a lot of grist for the mill in the past 2 updates, so thank you, PixelsLab

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
I did like this game at 1st.but now I feel that the story is all over the place. and am finding it hard to keep up with the story with the last 2-3 updates. the Fantasy and magic and all that crap is killing this once good game
The fantasy and magic IS the story. It always was.

The MC has near super-human powers, possibly beyond super-human. He's had a mysterious upbringing with some VERY strange lessons, and has killed people and gotten away with it. And not only is he not freaked out by magic, he acts as if it is so commonplace it almost bores him.

Right at the beginning, Alice is hearing voices and interacting with an invisible friend, who tells her to give everyone flowers, and without understanding why, Alice feels compelled to do so.

That's clues in just the first couple of episodes that this story is all about the mysterious, the magical, and the supernatural. Just because you were possibly too busy playing with your peepee to notice doesn't change the facts that it was there, and obvious to anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
The fantasy and magic IS the story. It always was.

The MC has near super-human powers, possibly beyond super-human. He's had a mysterious upbringing with some VERY strange lessons, and has killed people and gotten away with it. And not only is he not freaked out by magic, he acts as if it is so commonplace it almost bores him.

Right at the beginning, Alice is hearing voices and interacting with an invisible friend, who tells her to give everyone flowers, and without understanding why, Alice feels compelled to do so.

That's clues in just the first couple of episodes that this story is all about the mysterious, the magical, and the supernatural. Just because you were possibly too busy playing with your peepee to notice doesn't change the facts that it was there, and obvious to anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together.
If you read the "overview" in the OP, and the tags.... tbh the game comes more across like something along a "LOST'ish, "The Island", or even the the dud "I Land". Sort of thing. Insulting people for thinking things start get a bit to "far fetched" from the point of origin seems a bit unreasonable.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
It seems we are going deeper into the rabbit hole I like how this game always brings up one mystery after another I don't mind that there are no lewd scenes getting to learn more about the goings-on with the story has been much more appealing. And I'd certainly like to know more about the MC Mother in all this.

coldman

Jun 13, 2017
Inconsistent updates, way to long scenes with conversations that last for miles (not to mention no animation and same pictures that are used for multiple movements). Developer I JUST HAVE TO ASK YOU- have you like, ever, talked to another human being? If you did, did you manage to have a conversation that was over in few seconds? Before I lost interest, it was mind blowing how many times there were meaningless "monologues". I say monologue because it felt to me like I was watching Broadway show. If somebody engages a talk with me, don't get me wrong, and starts throwing me into despair with boring talk- I'd just leave without any word said. Why is that? Because time is of the essence!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Good luck in future endeavors!

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes