• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
" a few characters made some brutally honest comments about MC's mom and MC's sister...and another character openly admitted that he wants to seduce and fuck the mom of a side-character(even going so far to become this side-character's stepdad, ..."

no wonder this game crushed and burned since page one. and I am surprised that a dev as talented and experienced as this one actually thought this kind of content would be well recieved

apologies to Demoness_Kiss for using part of her/his/? post. I mean no offence if it bothers that I did, I will remove the post.
I don't think you are mean to me(also She/her pronouns are fine)...or if you are, you're so subtle that i don't get it XD I wanna add to your comment: the dev promised to never add sharing or NTR in this game...so from my point of view players got scared over a very obvious false-alarm/bad joke, something akin to a case of mass hysteria.

Also if you ask me(like i repeated a lot) this game is far more reasonable than a game where MC is the only male on earth, and is treated like a completely random being(as pointed out in the reviews of Dark Magic) until people in random moments decides that MC is special now and important and no explanation is given at all, for both situations, why MC as the only male had to work as a miner? Unknown, but then he goes to jail, and meets a witch and he is special now. Like 20 years and nobody in the whole town ask themselves why MC is different and what they should do about it?

Beast Within

Nov 9, 2017
I don't think you are mean to me...or if you are, you're so subtle that i don't get it XD I wanna add to your comment: the dev promised to never add sharing or NTR in this game...so from my point of view players got scared over a very obvious false-alarm/bad joke, something akin to a case of mass hysteria.

Also if you ask me(like i repeated a lot) this game is far more reasonable than a game where MC is the only male on earth, and is treated like a completely random being(as pointed out in the reviews of Dark Magic) until people in random moments decides that MC is special now and important and no explanation is given at all, for both situations, why MC as the only male had to work as a miner? Unknown, but then he goes to jail, and meets a witch and he is special now. Like 20 years and nobody in the whole town ask themselves why MC is different and what they should do about it?
oh indeed I wasnt mean, but you know, text really has no emotional color so to avoid the misunderstandings I so often see , i feel the need to explain myself.

I honestly havent played this game, im currently playing the dark magic one and though not perfect, it is somewhat relaxing.
I did read the comments though in this thread, as I always do since I have delt with "kinder surprises" too many times in the past.

and although I will agree with you on the premise of better setup as a world in this one, I have to agree with many here that even if the world is as realisticaly build as possible, some things should not be included but just left in the far background never to be shown. it is a bubble world after all, a created one. and it is shown in this site sooooo many times, how people will react to certain things.

I mean, if the player reaction was so strong from the first page, he should have taken the hint that the game was going in the wrong direction. of course there will be people who would not mind, but the damage still transpires, and damages both the game and the dev.

I do believe that if the author wishes to continue this game, he should remake it completely though as often is the case, it wont bring people back.

in my country we have a saying
"it is better to lose an eye than to lose your name"
meaning, keep bad things away before your name is dragged to the mud because it will stay there.
trust is something not easily regained

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
1- oh indeed I wasnt mean, but you know, text really has no emotional color so to avoid the misunderstandings I so often see , i feel the need to explain myself.

2- I honestly havent played this game, im currently playing the dark magic one and though not perfect, it is somewhat relaxing.
I did read the comments though in this thread, as I always do since I have delt with "kinder surprises" too many times in the past.

3- and although I will agree with you on the premise of better setup as a world in this one, I have to agree with many here that even if the world is as realisticaly build as possible, some things should not be included but just left in the far background never to be shown. it is a bubble world after all, a created one. and it is shown in this site sooooo many times, how people will react to certain things.

4- I mean, if the player reaction was so strong from the first page, he should have taken the hint that the game was going in the wrong direction. of course there will be people who would not mind, but the damage still transpires, and damages both the game and the dev.

5- I do believe that if the author wishes to continue this game, he should remake it completely though as often is the case, it wont bring people back.

6- in my country we have a saying
"it is better to lose an eye than to lose your name"
meaning, keep bad things away before your name is dragged to the mud because it will stay there.
trust is something not easily regained
I numbered your paragraphs so you know to which part of your comment i'll try to answer:

1- Don't worry ^^

2- Fair but at the same time, once the dev made a promise, people should just chill

3- But at the same time i like when these comments appear, because it gives colour to a story, unlike other games that skip/avoid completely similar situations, just in fear of scaring the players/possible subscribers, it's an act of bravery that i can respect, and if i don't like it, i can always quit and forget about the game

4- That's fair...and the dev took the hint, he went back to Dark Magic

5- It's not a saying(i think) but i made up this sort-of-saying based on my experience (mostly with VNs), "If your partner isn't happy after you gave them a lot, they'll never be happy when you'll give them everything". It means(in this case) that even when a dev does everything to appeal the fans and possible subscribers, there will always be someone who will complain, whine that the dev must do things the way they like it even at the cost of the dev's pride and joy about making content...and that's a toxic relationship. Some players don't deserve good things, because they're incapable of appreciating them.

6- Which applies here very well, i agree completely, but sometimes it's more important doing something you like the way you like it despite what people may say(unless you wanna do crime, that's bad and you shouldn't do it at all)

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
no wonder this game crushed and burned since page one. and I am surprised that a dev as talented and experienced as this one actually thought this kind of content would be well recieved
As long as we can focus on the MC's sister and mother and sexually ignore the rest of the girls on the Island, I think it can be fine.

Beast Within

Nov 9, 2017
I numbered your paragraphs so you know to which part of your comment i'll try to answer:

1- Don't worry ^^

2- Fair but at the same time, once the dev made a promise, people should just chill

3- But at the same time i like when these comments appear, because it gives colour to a story, unlike other games that skip/avoid completely similar situations, just in fear of scaring the players/possible subscribers, it's an act of bravery that i can respect, and if i don't like it, i can always quit and forget about the game

4- That's fair...and the dev took the hint, he went back to Dark Magic

5- It's not a saying(i think) but i made up this sort-of-saying based on my experience (mostly with VNs), "If your partner isn't happy after you gave them a lot, they'll never be happy when you'll give them everything". It means(in this case) that even when a dev does everything to appeal the fans and possible subscribers, there will always be someone who will complain, whine that the dev must do things the way they like it even at the cost of the dev's pride and joy about making content...and that's a toxic relationship. Some players don't deserve good things, because they're incapable of appreciating them.

6- Which applies here very well, i agree completely, but sometimes it's more important doing something you like the way you like it despite what people may say(unless you wanna do crime, that's bad and you shouldn't do it at all)

I hope Im a not boring you but it is rare to find good mature conversationalists. (also if I make any mistake, I apologize, english is not my first language)

2. the sad truth is that words need actions to back them up. instead of saying " i promise to fix it", just do it. at least that is how I walk my life. actions speak better than words.

3. true, naration gives colour into a story. but the target audience/reader has to be taken into account especially when money is involved. since the author's goal is ultimately to pull emotional strings( and make money) - connect with character A, sympathise with character B, feel the need to help character C-, he has to also take into account things that would potentialy push the player away. people tend to react to a game simmilarly to how they react in rl, given the choise to do so, I mean, in your post I first refered to, you pretty much give the triggers that turned happy people to Guts :D unless those things never happened in the game. in rl people would react violently if someone talked that way about their mother/sister/gf/wife. they dont want to see that in their game, unless a) they can react accordingly ( kick the offender's ass instead of giving a smirk and a thumbs up) or b) it doesnt happen.

I can understand the bravery part. just putting yourself out there for other people to judge your work is brave in and on itself, but when you have a few notches under your belt, you should by now know the field you are playing and be able to avoid any possible pitfall. nothing ofcourse stops you from trying something new and if you are doing it just because you like it and not for the money, then sure be brave. give it a shot. win or loss, it is commendable and indeed brave. but if you go for the money /subscribers/ patrons and you already have established a kinda specific player base is, then sure try, but at least give options. be carefull.

4. which is sad honestly. so much work, thrown away. if only he had put more thought to it.

5 oh how much I agree with this. I actually was in the same boat with my first wife. gave too much. I wont bore you, but yes. 100% agree.

the difference here though would be, what would the dev preffer, most peoples comments praising his work and few here and there complaining, or, two pages of outrage the moment his hard work was released. I would take the first anytime.

6. exactly. dont do crime kids.

Reactions: EJW

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I hope Im a not boring you but it is rare to find good mature conversationalists. (also if I make any mistake, I apologize, english is not my first language)

2. the sad truth is that words need actions to back them up. instead of saying " i promise to fix it", just do it. at least that is how I walk my life. actions speak better than words.

3. true, naration gives colour into a story. but the target audience/reader has to be taken into account especially when money is involved. since the author's goal is ultimately to pull emotional strings( and make money) - connect with character A, sympathise with character B, feel the need to help character C-, he has to also take into account things that would potentialy push the player away. people tend to react to a game simmilarly to how they react in rl, given the choise to do so, I mean, in your post I first refered to, you pretty much give the triggers that turned happy people to Guts :D unless those things never happened in the game. in rl people would react violently if someone talked that way about their mother/sister/gf/wife. they dont want to see that in their game, unless a) they can react accordingly ( kick the offender's ass instead of giving a smirk and a thumbs up) or b) it doesnt happen.

I can understand the bravery part. just putting yourself out there for other people to judge your work is brave in and on itself, but when you have a few notches under your belt, you should by now know the field you are playing and be able to avoid any possible pitfall. nothing ofcourse stops you from trying something new and if you are doing it just because you like it and not for the money, then sure be brave. give it a shot. win or loss, it is commendable and indeed brave. but if you go for the money /subscribers/ patrons and you already have established a kinda specific player base is, then sure try, but at least give options. be carefull.

4. which is sad honestly. so much work, thrown away. if only he had put more thought to it.

5 oh how much I agree with this. I actually was in the same boat with my first wife. gave too much. I wont bore you, but yes. 100% agree.

the difference here though would be, what would the dev preffer, most peoples comments praising his work and few here and there complaining, or, two pages of outrage the moment his hard work was released. I would take the first anytime.

6. exactly. dont do crime kids.
It's a good conversation don't worry about english(my second language too, i help myself with grammarly and languagetool browser version XD), just ignore BlasKyau, he is...the very opposite of me, that said:

2- Fair, no comment about it: you're right and i agree.

3- But at some point it's on the players that are too much...weak...sometimes i can't tell if they're acting like whiny children or they are children..or just...they're scared of competition(there isn't in this game, SO FAR...but you know, drama is good sometimes, there are stakes and MC must get good to win...but players/readers around here, tend to quit as soon as they see a challenge), it's boring...a dramaless plot is just a slice-of-life with even more boredom. About the bravery is more about "fuck these snowflakes, i'll add an unpleasant(for them) dialogue to add some details to the characters, instead of simply making a giga-chad MC loved just because he says hi to people and everyone else not-so-secretly gay or asexual or eunuch"

4- But Dark Magic is just a drag if you ask me...not worth it...

5- Yep, that's why i like the idea that people must earn good things, because if they get them like a gift, it's too easy and they will either ask for more, or complain that it's not enough for them...it applies even on work-places, if you do a thing in 1 hour, next time your boss will demand you'll do it in 30mins, and if do it in 30mins, he will demand you'll do it in 10minutes, and if you fail, he will be mad or bother you for not meeting his constantly-changing expectations and demands.

6- unless your crime is castrating a paedophile, that's always a good crime.

Beast Within

Nov 9, 2017
It's a good conversation don't worry about english(my second language too, i help myself with grammarly and languagetool browser version XD), just ignore BlasKyau, he is...the very opposite of me, that said:

2- Fair, no comment about it: you're right and i agree.

3- But at some point it's on the players that are too much...weak...sometimes i can't tell if they're acting like whiny children or they are children..or just...they're scared of competition(there isn't in this game, SO FAR...but you know, drama is good sometimes, there are stakes and MC must get good to win...but players/readers around here, tend to quit as soon as they see a challenge), it's boring...a dramaless plot is just a slice-of-life with even more boredom. About the bravery is more about "fuck these snowflakes, i'll add an unpleasant(for them) dialogue to add some details to the characters, instead of simply making a giga-chad MC loved just because he says hi to people and everyone else not-so-secretly gay or asexual or eunuch"

4- But Dark Magic is just a drag if you ask me...not worth it...

5- Yep, that's why i like the idea that people must earn good things, because if they get them like a gift, it's too easy and they will either ask for more, or complain that it's not enough for them...it applies even on work-places, if you do a thing in 1 hour, next time your boss will demand you'll do it in 30mins, and if do it in 30mins, he will demand you'll do it in 10minutes, and if you fail, he will be mad or bother you for not meeting his constantly-changing expectations and demands.

6- unless your crime is castrating a paedophile, that's always a good crime.

3 . oh I agree. some drama is good, also the sense of accomplishment, the feeling of I did something good and these are my spoils of victory. I definately agree. I would not go as far as call anyone weak though, cause to be fair I dont know anyone persnonaly. I have no idea the personal pains, you have faced in your life, thus I would never call you weak, or soft, or too emotional. because even if you were, there is the possibility that there are reasons for that. ( dont get me wrong, there are some SS+ class idiots out there, but you pretty uch spot the after a couple of interactions)
I mean, in games like this, we try to see the world through the MCs eyes. but sometimes we do not want the actual realism to bleed in an artificial setting no matter how close to reality it is.

I recently played "Now and Then" and boy oh boy.. there was drama in there.

for me, cheating, is the worst. also if I wanted to fight for a woman, I would re enter the dating world. but since I wont, why not help a virtual buddy to accomplish his virtual dream. since through the virtual pixels, I get to feel a bit of what I would have wanted to feel in rl. and since I am not a masochist, I would rather not feel betrayed, lied, cheated, or anything of the sort. had plenty of that in my life. would that make me weak? maybe. on the other hand I once had to catch and eat rats to survive. would people find that interesting to experience in a novel? and if they didnt want to see graphic images of half eaten rats, would that make them weak?

ntr/cuckoldry/infidelity/emotional hummiliation(reflected to the player)/sharing/swinging/rape/whoring, basically the standar overused tropes that are there to cause emotional outburst, are for my personal tastes, the wrong kind of drama and after a while it points to the lack of imagination by the dev. plus I dont like to lose thats why I dont gamble, so there is that as well :D

not everything in life has to be a competition.
as you said it. you compete in practicaly everything out there. dont you wish for a bit of peace? something to help you recharge? I know I do understandably of course how you , me or anyone else, recharge doesnt have to be the same. so your needs are to be respected as well.

players know they cant have everything. on the other hand though, if the dev doesnt wish for anything to change in his story, they should never appear here and ask peoples thoughts. when I see devs like that, " I wont change anything, I wont bend the knee, I will do what I want, but tell me your opinion" I laugh. of course the players are also at fault, because to devs like that, they offer their opinions, he ignores them and then you have world war three in the comments, instead of blocking his ass and never touch his work again..
questions like " how comes this dev doesnt have more patrons" when out of 50 comment pages 49 are nothing but complaints, leave my brain a few hundred cells less

I kinda agree about dark magic. it does have its moments but there are instances where I am " for real? Dude you are a moron"

it certainly isnt house on the rift

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
3 . oh I agree. some drama is good, also the sense of accomplishment, the feeling of I did something good and these are my spoils of victory. I definately agree. I would not go as far as call anyone weak though, cause to be fair I dont know anyone persnonaly. I have no idea the personal pains, you have faced in your life, thus I would never call you weak, or soft, or too emotional. because even if you were, there is the possibility that there are reasons for that. ( dont get me wrong, there are some SS+ class idiots out there, but you pretty uch spot the after a couple of interactions)
I mean, in games like this, we try to see the world through the MCs eyes. but sometimes we do not want the actual realism to bleed in an artificial setting no matter how close to reality it is.

I recently played "Now and Then" and boy oh boy.. there was drama in there.

for me, cheating, is the worst. also if I wanted to fight for a woman, I would re enter the dating world. but since I wont, why not help a virtual buddy to accomplish his virtual dream. since through the virtual pixels, I get to feel a bit of what I would have wanted to feel in rl. and since I am not a masochist, I would rather not feel betrayed, lied, cheated, or anything of the sort. had plenty of that in my life. would that make me weak? maybe. on the other hand I once had to catch and eat rats to survive. would people find that interesting to experience in a novel? and if they didnt want to see graphic images of half eaten rats, would that make them weak?

ntr/cuckoldry/infidelity/emotional hummiliation(reflected to the player)/sharing/swinging/rape/whoring, basically the standar overused tropes that are there to cause emotional outburst, are for my personal tastes, the wrong kind of drama and after a while it points to the lack of imagination by the dev. plus I dont like to lose thats why I dont gamble, so there is that as well :D

not everything in life has to be a competition.
as you said it. you compete in practicaly everything out there. dont you wish for a bit of peace? something to help you recharge? I know I do understandably of course how you , me or anyone else, recharge doesnt have to be the same. so your needs are to be respected as well.

players know they cant have everything. on the other hand though, if the dev doesnt wish for anything to change in his story, they should never appear here and ask peoples thoughts. when I see devs like that, " I wont change anything, I wont bend the knee, I will do what I want, but tell me your opinion" I laugh. of course the players are also at fault, because to devs like that, they offer their opinions, he ignores them and then you have world war three in the comments, instead of blocking his ass and never touch his work again..
questions like " how comes this dev doesnt have more patrons" when out of 50 comment pages 49 are nothing but complaints, leave my brain a few hundred cells less

I kinda agree about dark magic. it does have its moments but there are instances where I am " for real? Dude you are a moron"

it certainly isnt house on the rift

You get my point but not completely, i was talking about the extreme "MC is the only male, so don't worry players, MC won't be cucked", there are literally current-days based VNs where MC is the only male in town...with no in-lore explanation given, MC is the only guy in town because the dev didn't want to upset the players...that's it. I don't like cucking and cheating(unless the person who gets cheated on is an asshole or straight-up abusive for no reason aside being awful for the hell of it) and i loathe every form of humiliation, but where we're talking about players complaining about NPCs making comments to MC's relatives...it's awkward and a bit uncomfortable, but it's not like NTR already...at best is a thing that ends right there and then.

I'm okay when players point out flaws in the plot or characters, i do all the time, check my reviews, it's a thing i'm known for in this website, and i'm very harsh but fair(i won't call out something that it's good and works, but god forbids if i read something stupid...i go wild) and it's okay to ask for some fixing...but once you've done that, it's up to the dev, the players' "job" is done. Some devs are too stubborn, others(that i dislike more than anything) never really think through their plots, creating nonsensical situations that work only because the dev wants the plot to go on.

My rule: i'm cool so long that it makes sense...but some stories are plain stupid, some players are demanding that a problem that isn't really a problem should be fixed or they'll leave...it's just bad

About Dark Magic...and that game as a grind so slow that it's unbearable...even with cheats, half of the characters are there just to please people wanting a quick fap, or they've so little relevance that may as well remove them or give their roles to a nameless NPC.

Reactions: Beast Within

Beast Within

Nov 9, 2017
You get my point but not completely, i was talking about the extreme "MC is the only male, so don't worry players, MC won't be cucked", there are literally current-days based VNs where MC is the only male in town...with no in-lore explanation given, MC is the only guy in town because the dev didn't want to upset the players...that's it. I don't like cucking and cheating(unless the person who gets cheated on is an asshole or straight-up abusive for no reason aside being awful for the hell of it) and i loathe every form of humiliation, but where we're talking about players complaining about NPCs making comments to MC's relatives...it's awkward and a bit uncomfortable, but it's not like NTR already...at best is a thing that ends right there and then.

I'm okay when players point out flaws in the plot or characters, i do all the time, check my reviews, it's a thing i'm known for in this website, and i'm very harsh but fair(i won't call out something that it's good and works, but god forbids if i read something stupid...i go wild) and it's okay to ask for some fixing...but once you've done that, it's up to the dev, the players' "job" is done. Some devs are too stubborn, others(that i dislike more than anything) never really think through their plots, creating nonsensical situations that work only because the dev wants the plot to go on.

My rule: i'm cool so long that it makes sense...but some stories are plain stupid, some players are demanding that a problem that isn't really a problem should be fixed or they'll leave...it's just bad

About Dark Magic...and that game as a grind so slow that it's unbearable...even with cheats, half of the characters are there just to please people wanting a quick fap, or they've so little relevance that may as well remove them or give their roles to a nameless NPC.

well poor stories are just that. poor stories. nomatter how much info players give, nothing fixes them.

I have no problem with male npcs around as long as they are not there for me( the MC I mean) to compete with for affection of the heroine or heroines that the dev throws the MC's way. I played taffy tales recently and the amount of "I will fuck your mother your sister and anything with a vagina in your house", thrown at my screen, completely killed the game for me. I realy didnt see the reason to put up with something I would never allow in rl. deleted it and ignored it after about 30 minutes of playing.

Mist, you are the only man, but the story is fascinating. no "male npc will rape your -insert relationship-" drama but plenty of actual drama. same with now and then. plenty of male npcs, none of that competitive drama. but very heavy on drama.

if I understand you correctly you are after the drama of the hunt. trying to get the girl before someone else does, and depending on how you do that you either win or lose. I can respect that. I wouldnt want to see them fucking though. if I lost I lost and they both get lost from my sight. I think this is where we kinda differ mainly. and although I would avoide games with this premise I can understand the appeal.
or you are up with any story as long as it is a good structured realistic ( as much as it can be) plausible story.

yeah not sure how far I am right now in dark magic but it has started to get on my nerves with the direction its taking. dont want to give spoilers in case you havent played much, but the mc is wow levels of stupidity at this point. I absolutely, definately see your exact point here :D

Last edited:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
1- well poor stories are just that. poor stories. nomatter how much info players give, nothing fixes them.

2- I have no problem with male npcs around as long as they are not there for me( the MC I mean) to compete with for affection of the heroine or heroines that the dev throws the MC's way. I played taffy tales recently and the amount of "I will fuck your mother your sister and anything with a vagina in your house", thrown at my screen, completely killed the game for me. I realy didnt see the reason to put up with something I would never allow in rl. deleted it and ignored it after about 30 minutes of playing.

3- Mist, you are the only man, but the story is fascinating. no "male npc will rape your -insert relationship-" drama but plenty of actual drama. same with now and then. plenty of male npcs, none of that competitive drama. but very heavy on drama.

4- if I understtand you correctly you are after the drama of the hunt. trying to get the girl before someone else does, and depending on how you do that you either win or lose. I can respect that. I wouldnt want to see them fucking though. if I lost I lost and they both get lost from y sight. I think this is where we kinda differ mainly. and although I would avoide games with this premise I can understand the appeal.

5- yeah not sure how far I am right now in dark magic but it has started to get on my nerves with the direction its taking. dont want to give spoilers in case you havent played much, but the mc is wow levels of stupidity at this point. I absolutely, definately see your exact point here :D
1- And it's frustrating because the majority of VNs give me that feeling

2- I want males around, i can't do examples (bc one of the rules of this website is to stick to the main point) but check my signature

3- But in MIST there is a reason for MC being the only man around, and MIST is far from realistic, aside for the city in ruins

4- Not really, i'm after "people exists in different colours, genders and religions", if the setup of the story is a modern-day city, like a slice-of-life story, i expect a few NPCs to be males...that's it.

5- And yet that game is considered a masterpiece...and i can't see why, meanwhile this game(Island of Oblation) has a plot with potential, and i want to see it developed.

Beast Within

Nov 9, 2017
1- And it's frustrating because the majority of VNs give me that feeling

2- I want males around, i can't do examples (bc one of the rules of this website is to stick to the main point) but check my signature

3- But in MIST there is a reason for MC being the only man around, and MIST is far from realistic, aside for the city in ruins

4- Not really, i'm after "people exists in different colours, genders and religions", if the setup of the story is a modern-day city, like a slice-of-life story, i expect a few NPCs to be males...that's it.

5- And yet that game is considered a masterpiece...and i can't see why, meanwhile this game(Island of Oblation) has a plot with potential, and i want to see it developed.

I did check your signature and I have played some of the games there. I consider the third one a masterpiece personaly. I could say more but yeah off topic rules. Have on my "games to try at risk" file the second to last, but I dont see myself trying it tph.

Andonthatday

Feb 12, 2020
So now that Dark magic has got its long overdue update in 0.17 couple of months ago.

Is F.Lord working on Day2 of this one ?

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes