SWAJ

The Island
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
I see. Thank you. Well, another question, and it's not a request, just a question, because I'm one of those that like a continuous flow of story. Are there plans for like a gallery or something similar? And because I'm not too familiar with RPGM, is there a way to see all the dialogues in one file?
It's on my "todo" list somewhere in the future, for both of your requests. I think the dialogue log is the easiest to integrate into the current version and or the next one. I'm also considering creating alternate HD graphic packs using better rendering software for the CG of the game at some point.

SWAJ

The Island
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Hi, I'm trying to run this game on my Mac with Crossover. The game launches, but with a black screen. I can hear some sounds from the menu if I click in the (black) screen. I think it has to do with some fonts. Maybe the game requires some additional libraries for this? Any recommendation from anyone?
Hello,

I don't have a Mac to test myself, but I will ask my community to see of someone managed to play the game on their computer.

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
It's on my "todo" list somewhere in the future, for both of your requests. I think the dialogue log is the easiest to integrate into the current version and or the next one. I'm also considering creating alternate HD graphic packs using better rendering software for the CG of the game at some point.
Ah no, I don't mean a diagloue log. That only lets you read all the dialogues that you have already seen. I mean like, is there a way to access the exact file where you write dialogues, so that I can read the dialogues like a transcript. It is possible in Renpy, but I haven't found a way to do it in RPGM.

As for better graphics, if I'm not mistaken, you're using Honey Select 1. Well, HS2 is far better :). Daz is even better but it doesn't have the same style.

SWAJ

The Island
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Ah no, I don't mean a diagloue log. That only lets you read all the dialogues that you have already seen. I mean like, is there a way to access the exact file where you write dialogues, so that I can read the dialogues like a transcript. It is possible in Renpy, but I haven't found a way to do it in RPGM.

As for better graphics, if I'm not mistaken, you're using Honey Select 1. Well, HS2 is far better :). Daz is even better but it doesn't have the same style.
I can export a file with all the dialogue, I use this with my collaborator. And yeah, I had a computer that was restricting me to HS1, I just updated to a recent and more powerful rig but since the project is already using a HS1 specific graphics, I will stick with this for the "low HD" pack and I am thinking about Daz for the HD pack

MBL

Jan 12, 2018
Hello,

I don't have a Mac to test myself, but I will ask my community to see of someone managed to play the game on their computer.

I'm not sure if you know, but Crossover is a Windows Emulator and usually RPMG games just run just fine.

Reactions: SWAJ

SWAJ

The Island
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Cassie disappears after interacting with her in the morning so I can't take her to the new camp.
Thank you for reporting this. Cassie is one very weird NPC (she bugs a lot). Can you tell me about where you are in the story?

Nick34

Feb 16, 2020
On my side cassie disappears after a cutscene in the new camp. As soon as I approach the swamp the game gives me the following error.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Evil812

Feb 22, 2021
When it becomes possible to transfer Kassandra to another camp in the evening (after 20.00), but not to do this, but to go to bed, then in the morning cassandra disappears after "lesbo games"

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
So: If you
  1. Play the prologue
  2. Get as far as waking up in the cabin after the ship starts to sink
  3. Get called away from the keyboard of a family meal or other Real Life event
  4. You get back to find Olivia has run out of energy and is given the option to sleep in the jungle or try and get back to camp
  5. If she sleeps in the jungle she wakes up in the cabin again complaining about bugs in her hair
  6. Didn't try getting back to camp - no idea where that would have taken me
Aside from the timing bug, I sometimes think this game would profit from being one of those ones that paused when it lost focus. I appreciate that it may have been a deliberate design decision to put pressure on the player, but the number of times I've either alt-tabbed or been called away from the keyboard, only to return and find Olivia about to pass out from sleep deprivation is unreal.

SWAJ

The Island
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
So: If you
  1. Play the prologue
  2. Get as far as waking up in the cabin after the ship starts to sink
  3. Get called away from the keyboard of a family meal or other Real Life event
  4. You get back to find Olivia has run out of energy and is given the option to sleep in the jungle or try and get back to camp
  5. If she sleeps in the jungle she wakes up in the cabin again complaining about bugs in her hair
  6. Didn't try getting back to camp - no idea where that would have taken me
Aside from the timing bug, I sometimes think this game would profit from being one of those ones that paused when it lost focus. I appreciate that it may have been a deliberate design decision to put pressure on the player, but the number of times I've either alt-tabbed or been called away from the keyboard, only to return and find Olivia about to pass out from sleep deprivation is unreal.
Great suggestion. Adding this to the next update.

Thank you!

Reactions: docclox

AsianD

Mar 17, 2022
Hi, I think I found a bug in the latest Update, was making a new save file and with Cassie first side quest after Olivias Swamp adventure I get this. How dows this work or is this intentional?

Also another question, why is it like 50% probability that Olivia gets attacked when picking fruits, sugarcane etc. am I not supposed to gather ingredients?

Nick34

Feb 16, 2020
Hello,

Was this before or after Cassie side quest? Does this happens after the whole temple quest line?

Thanks
Hi

this happens just as Olivia arrives at the Canoe and gets caught after receiving a dart. We start with Cassie and I head to the new camp.

When I arrive there a scene this decency when I want to come out of it. There is an exchange with Olivia who introduces him to the camp when she is not there. After this cutscene Cassie is more visible in the game.

I think the bug is there. In fact, I didn't manage to bring Cassie a first time with Olivia. Every time I talk to her while playing Olivia, the lesbian sex scene kicks in and once finished Cassie disappears and is nowhere to be found. So impossible to bring him to the camp.

This is surely the start of the problem.

Waiting for your return

Reactions: SWAJ

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find a way to search for it in the thread.

Is there a way to tell if it is unsafe to collect a particular resource? There are no visible rapists on the screen but sometimes it triggers the rape sequence, and after getting that two or three times it's game over. If it's not possible to collect materials I'm not sure how the survival part of the game is supposed to work. I've even had it trigger in the western part of the island near the flowers.

Jul 12, 2017
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find a way to search for it in the thread.

Is there a way to tell if it is unsafe to collect a particular resource? There are no visible rapists on the screen but sometimes it triggers the rape sequence, and after getting that two or three times it's game over. If it's not possible to collect materials I'm not sure how the survival part of the game is supposed to work. I've even had it trigger in the western part of the island near the flowers.
Hi!
There is a a % chance of getting caught while harvesting resources in general, although I do not know the exact number.
From what I know, most, if not all the resources have the same chance of activating that event.

Regarding Primal Regression and game over, have you tried reducing it? There are ways to do that, main one being red berry jam and getting personal with Cassie.

3.20 star(s) 13 Votes