The Joob-Joob II

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
I know. I looked and looked and couldn't find an old $20 asset anywhere.

So much for thinking "Oh well, no one will notice". :rolleyes:

Horrible

Jan 23, 2017
If you want.

I would just like to point out that it is NOT a paywall.
Paywalls give you a peak and then force you to pay if you want to keep playing.

You can play the Joob-Joob all the way to the end. See every single scene there is (so far).
I simply blurred the women's faces (NOT the genitalia) in SOME of the animations.
Using pixelated censorship, even on just the faces, and having a version without that censorship available for cash meets the common definition of a paywall. Continuing the story behind a paywall is just another way to implement a paywall, not the definition of the term.

But whatever. Point is, it's a deal breaker.

Jan 16, 2021
Uh, you're not stuck. I just thought that always saying "That's all there is until a future update" got repetitive, so I switched it up a bit. Guess it IS a bit confusing, so I'll correct that in the next update.

Glad you had fun playing the games, and thanks for pointing that out.
thanks for your awesome job, and for the attention to this thread

Reactions: Pixieblink
Mar 5, 2018
If you want.

I would just like to point out that it is NOT a paywall.
Paywalls give you a peak and then force you to pay if you want to keep playing.

You can play the Joob-Joob all the way to the end. See every single scene there is (so far).
I simply blurred the women's faces (NOT the genitalia) in SOME of the animations.
pay to see = paywall. no matter what content is hidden.

Satburn

Nov 30, 2020
Okay before you go and bite my head off, this is only my opinion... :)

Even though I'm as guilty as many on this site of downloading many games for free, I can understand what a developer must feel after spending many weeks/months on working on their game for their paid supporters, and when they release a new updated version of the game only to see it offered for free on sites such as this one.

I can see many developers thinking to themselves, is all the work they have put into their game really worth it, when they can see no real return for the hard work.

And so moaning that the full version of this game is behind what you may call as a paywall is a bit pointless.
It's the developers game, and it's up to him what he decides to do with it, and what version he agrees to be released for free.

If you want to see the full uncensored version, just go and support him, or wait a few weeks when most likely you will eventually get the latest update for free.

Reactions: JohnConstantine96

Nachtgeist

Nov 27, 2018
Okay before you go and bite my head off, this is only my opinion... :)

Even though I'm as guilty as many on this site of downloading many games for free, I can understand what a developer must feel after spending many weeks/months on working on their game for their paid supporters, and when they release a new updated version of the game only to see it offered for free on sites such as this one.

I can see many developers thinking to themselves, is all the work they have put into their game really worth it, when they can see no real return for the hard work.

And so moaning that the full version of this game is behind what you may call as a paywall is a bit pointless.
It's the developers game, and it's up to him what he decides to do with it, and what version he agrees to be released for free.

If you want to see the full uncensored version, just go and support him, or wait a few weeks when most likely you will eventually get the latest update for free.

I was supporting him on Patreon at the "Supporter" level. When he made the move to censored content I cancelled my support.

Reactions: hardace and Satburn

Satburn

Nov 30, 2020
I was supporting him on Patreon at the "Supporter" level. When he made the move to censored content I cancelled my support.
That I can understand, and find it strange that he has only 2 tiers on his Patreon site.

Most I have supported have a number of tiers, the highest getting the update as soon as it's released and the one's after in a week or two later.

Reactions: Nachtgeist

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Using pixelated censorship, even on just the faces, and having a version without that censorship available for cash meets the common definition of a paywall. Continuing the story behind a paywall is just another way to implement a paywall, not the definition of the term.
The story is NOT continued behind a paywall.
You played (or could have played) ALL the content right up to the very end of the current version.

It's NOT like I set the game up so can't play without shelling out a couple of bucks to unlock
(new content/bonus content/future updates/extra scenes).

You're just upset because you played a version where some of the women's faces are pixelated in SOME of the animations. And in NONE of the stills.

And you don't like it.

Fine. I get it.

Reactions: Joeburqa

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
First of all, great game. But when i saw this, i had to comment:
View attachment 1037055
This guy's neck is the longest i've ever seen. In the image it's like 12 inch and no chin yet.

What a freak!, giraffeman!!
Well hell. Guess I should re-do that one huh? Actually just twisted his head weird, didn't stretch the neck. But... ya.
I'll be sure and fix "Giraffeman" in the next update :)

Thanks for pointing that out.

SoftheW

May 26, 2020
Just unpack and copy the movies into the /images dir in the game.
Overwrite existing files.

The Joob-Joob v1.7 upgrade pack. MEGA
Thanks so much.

I saw the uncensored version around, but I didn't download it, it seemed right to wait for the upgeade pack.
I would have waited even longer.

But I have a small complaint to make. It's about your other game. I understand that carrying out two is not easy, and even small updates are fine, but the last of "The Professor" was really small.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
But I have a small complaint to make. It's about your other game. I understand that carrying out two is not easy, and even small updates are fine, but the last of "The Professor" was really small.
it's been only ranted about "few" times, mostly you can guess who.

*whistles innocently*

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Thanks so much.

I saw the uncensored version around, but I didn't download it, it seemed right to wait for the upgeade pack.
I would have waited even longer.

It was.

Been working on THE PROFESSOR II for quite a while now (in my non-existent spare time).

I had planned for the last release of the Prof to lead into chapter II, but then II wasn't quite ready. So I thought up that last minute dream sequence.

II still isn't QUITE there yet, but it is getting REALLY close to being ready to launch. The next update of The Prof will be the end of Chapter I.

The Professor Chapter II will be everything that the original game SHOULD have been.

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
it's been only ranted about "few" times, mostly you can guess who.

*whistles innocently*
Lol.

Who? YOU?!! NO! Surely not!?!
Must have been... one of them new guys! Ya, that's it. One of THEM. :LOL:

Maybe I should bring you on board for the Prof II as an un-paid ideas guy?

4.00 star(s) 22 Votes