The Joob-Joob II

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DakKid

Feb 12, 2021
I'm attempting to play V2.0 on Windows, but the movies don't play - either automatically or by clicking the 'Start Movie' text. It immediately advances to the next bit of text. The movies appear to be in the game\images folder. Any idea why they aren't playing?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I'm attempting to play V2.0 on Windows, but the movies don't play - either automatically or by clicking the 'Start Movie' text. It immediately advances to the next bit of text. The movies appear to be in the game\images folder. Any idea why they aren't playing?
missing codec,

DakKid

Feb 12, 2021
Thank you for the response cxx. I don't know what your response means tho... What do I do with that link?...

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Download the files.
Unzip
Install on your computer.

Seems like you may be missing the codecs to play .webm movies (which is what the game uses).
Although I have to admit I've never come across that problem before.

And cxx ? Thanks for taking the time to help him out.

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
I think there should be a church in the game you can use it for joob-joob storyline and who doesn't like thicc beautiful nuns.

Swinglow

May 18, 2020
I get why the censorship is being done, but I have to say the idea of anything being censored gives me a reflexive adverse reaction, that's probably not conducive to opening my wallet. I may be a minority with that feeling though. I also don't have any better ideas, good luck.

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
I get why the censorship is being done, but I have to say the idea of anything being censored gives me a reflexive adverse reaction, that's probably not conducive to opening my wallet. I may be a minority with that feeling though. I also don't have any better ideas, good luck.
I appreciate the honesty, and even though you stated you didn't have any better ideas... I'm still open to anything suggestions.

Reactions: Swinglow

DakKid

Feb 12, 2021
Download the files.
Unzip
Install on your computer.

Seems like you may be missing the codecs to play .webm movies (which is what the game uses).
Although I have to admit I've never come across that problem before.

And cxx ? Thanks for taking the time to help him out.
Yes, that did work. Thank you.

Reactions: Pixieblink

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
From the official list of tags.
  • Censored [Used when the game/comic genitalia is censored and no decensor patch is available.]
1. None of the genitalia is censored, only some of the faces in a few of the animations.
2. Patch usually get's uploaded a day or two after the release.

3. If you like the game why not consider becoming a patron? And please don't answer that you would if you hadn't seen some fuzzy faces in a few of the animations. It's really frustrating for Dev's to hear that kind of shit when they get a quarter million downloads every month but still have a hard time covering rent and utilities.

Reactions: Burg

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Uh... I was hoping no one would notice that :rolleyes:

Replaying chapter I realized that the Joob should have been much better than it really was. Setting update dates in concrete has caused the quality to suffer as the game gets rushed and put out there looking very rough and unpolished. So at least for now chapter II will be released when it's done.

About a week or so, give or take a few days either way.

Chapter II will not be a stand alone, but rather integrated into the storyline. I nixed most the "new" characters I had lined up, and replaced them with better and more realistic looking women. Spending more time on (slightly better) animations, and working on a point system for the girls corruption right now. And making the story flow better, so it seems more... realistic.

An example of the reworked characters
BLANK YOLANDA OLD.png BLANK YOLANDA NEW.png

And some sneak peeks from v2.1 (the beginning of Chapter II)

ch2_viola_day01_50.png ch2_viola_day01_103.png ch2_viola_day01_113.png ch2_viola_day01_200Q.png ch2_viola_day01_200X.png ch2_viola_day01_200ZA.png ch2_viola_day01_205.png ch2_viola_day01_212.png ch2_viola_day01_214.png stoner_day01_070.png stoner_day01_091a.png stoner_day01_100.png sausage_day01_011.png

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Uh... I was hoping no one would notice that :rolleyes:

Replaying chapter I realized that the Joob should have been much better than it really was. Setting update dates in concrete has caused the quality to suffer as the game gets rushed and put out there looking very rough and unpolished. So at least for now chapter II will be released when it's done.

About a week or so, give or take a few days either way.

Chapter II will not be a stand alone, but rather integrated into the storyline. I nixed most the "new" characters I had lined up, and replaced them with better and more realistic looking women. Spending more time on (slightly better) animations, and working on a point system for the girls corruption right now. And making the story flow better, so it seems more... realistic.

An example of the reworked characters
View attachment 1329136 View attachment 1329134

And some sneak peeks from v2.1 (the beginning of Chapter II)

View attachment 1329137 View attachment 1329138 View attachment 1329139 View attachment 1329140 View attachment 1329141 View attachment 1329142 View attachment 1329143 View attachment 1329144 View attachment 1329145 View attachment 1329147 View attachment 1329155 View attachment 1329148 View attachment 1329146
Thanks for the update, mate! Looking good!
Sorry, my post was not in any way intending to hold you to account for the date.
I don't care in the least if it takes you longer than expected.
I'd much rather play a game that you're happy with, than one that's been rushed out to satisfy customer demand. (y)
Please, don't rush.

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Thanks for the update, mate! Looking good!
Sorry, my post was not in any way intending to hold you to account for the date.
I don't care in the least if it takes you longer than expected.
I'd much rather play a game that you're happy with, than one that's been rushed out to satisfy customer demand. (y)
Please, don't rush.
Absolutely NO offence taken.
Hell, I'm just happy that there are fans of the game that are looking forward to the next update.

Reactions: whichone
4.00 star(s) 22 Votes