Others The Klub 17 + Hook5 [V11 & VX + KE Update 1 + Hook5 Extended] [TK17 & Pervokptr]

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes

geninaheci

Donor
Oct 24, 2017
Some tips

• Don't download a lot of content all at once. Pace yourself. Download some items see if you like it then download some more. Your game can easily get bloated and start running slow because you have soo much content you do not need.
  • If you are loading legacy content (7.5) try to keep to just clothes shoes and bodies. Other addons like GUI and some script addons are most likely not going to work in VX and cause your game to crash
  • Get yourself organized. Create a naming convention for yourself. Especially in your activemod folder as it can get messy reall quuick. I like to use { [ADDON TYPE] AddonID AddonName ## } for mine. So for example:
    • [SHOES] R9Shoe102 DM Heels 01 - this helps a ton when looking for thing.
  • Finally we are starting to post Clothes repacks on LL here: it is a good pace to start with if your testing things out. These are not behind K2s.
Thanks a lot for the tips

winojez

Feb 18, 2021
Hello HDiddy and Oz70.

I created some skirt textures way back when and shared them with a few MG users. I didn't put them on 'general release'.

I've been informed that they have turned up in your LL archive.

You were not given permission to reuse them however and so, in keeping with your avowed hatred of leeching, please see to it that my work is removed from your website. I would of course use LL to tell you this if it were not for your contrivance to have me banned from there, for no reason.

I don't know which one of the several dozen packs now on the LL site my textures are in, however, and can't check because of the ban. So I'm afraid you're either going to have to search through them all and check back with me here, or delete the lot immediately. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
Hello HDiddy and Oz70.

I created some skirt textures way back when and shared them with a few MG users. I didn't put them on 'general release'.

I've been informed that they have turned up in your LL archive.

You were not given permission to reuse them however and so, in keeping with your avowed hatred of leeching, please see to it that my work is removed from your website. I would of course use LL to tell you this if it were not for your contrivance to have me banned from there, for no reason.

I don't know which one of the several dozen packs now on the LL site my textures are in, however, and can't check because of the ban. So I'm afraid you're either going to have to search through them all and check back with me here, or delete the lot immediately. Thank you in advance.
Since this thread was cleaned I am going to start this over with a easier response to your request. So you have options,

1. Ask the person that informed you they are in our LL Archive to give you specifics. What Archive? A Link? Etc..
2. Provide us a picture of the skirt textures and we can go look for them ourselves, if they are there
3. Search the K2S texture archives yourself as that is where TheEvils got it from

Those are your options. Let us know what you want to do.

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
Do you know how can I change the icon of the character in 7.5, Like using any image instead of the genreted pic of the model.
Every model file comes with an Icon.png image just change that file and you should be good to go. Make it read only if you do not want the game to overwrite it.

Reactions: Jack_._69

Jack_._69

Feb 21, 2018
Every model file comes with an Icon.png image just change that file and you should be good to go. Make it read only if you do not want the game to overwrite it.
I did that but it shows no image in the game like a blank square

patrick9772

Mar 25, 2018
Does anyone know where to get poses for the VX?
And also how to change the lighting in the character creation room? Coz its too dark for some reason.

SShaderssons84

Feb 22, 2021
Does anyone know where to get poses for the VX?
And also how to change the lighting in the character creation room? Coz its too dark for some reason.
Open in \Binaries folder main11.fx file, find section

;customizer settings---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

then replace to this

Code:
[customizer_sunlight]
type                         = sunlight
enable                     = true
rotation                 = 175, 0, 0
color                        = 253, 255, 250
intensity                = 2.000000
shadow_param            = 3.000000, 5.000000
game_control            = false
ofc backup your main fx first before changes.

joethebeast

Sep 17, 2017
Hello,

I got the Veryslow version. I loved the anime look. But is there any way to reduce loading times? Man... they are too long
I mean... can I just delete some content to make it load faster? Which content?

nightdreamerx

Aug 7, 2018
Hello,

I got the Veryslow version. I loved the anime look. But is there any way to reduce loading times? Man... they are too long
I mean... can I just delete some content to make it load faster? Which content?
If you use VX you can try to use the fastmenu addon from KE. (Not working with the 7.5 Version) For me its working . I have the VX Version with the p update.

Of course you more addons, rooms, poses and texture you have , they longer will be the loading time. Anyway. Try to use the addon from here:

If you have problems, remove it and try to get rid of stuff that you dont need.

Last edited:
Reactions: driverman

carlos5585

Jun 20, 2017
good. Someone knows what happened to the modsgarden forum, also if they know of any support or similar. Thanks and sorry google translate

gigaquad-13-7

Jul 20, 2020
So here's a little bit of ranting for the nubes and rubes just getting to this 'game'.

The original game was developed by Thrixxx, with a focus on Jenna Jameson, with their Virtually Jenna product. It was later redone in different "Flavors" as 3dSexvilla and 3dHentaiVilla. Both had similar build structures and capabilities, and could share several pieces of code that built objects, models, code, etc. Soon after, they added more customization options with the respective 'games' and put on 2 at the end of the name. Almost immediately following, some of the entusiasts realized that the games shared much of the same executable code built on UNITY and microsoft's Directx libraries that were OPENGL compatible. Because they shared so much code, several in the user community simply combined the two game folders, and ended up with one game folder, one set of models, etc. Then they realized that all the items, rooms, models etc were interchangeable in the games, though there were a few shaders that differed.
It was after this last part that The game was "Cracked" by pirating, and later, this Cracking provided more insight into the executables and how they worked. Eventually, it was reverse engineered almost all the way back to source, since the executable was just the main loader that built only the outermost running process. After this was exposed, users began building modding communities like this one for this game, many of which were sued and lost, having utilized a cracked EXE to pass out free copies of the original code. Eventually, some were settled by rebuilding the code with newer code that did the same thing, but utilized more efficient and higher quality graphics. That was Modsgarden. They were great at pushing the tech forward. Now it has once again gone commercial.

Here are some tips ok?
1. Keep this off of your main drive. It takes up a load of space the more you customize it, and it also utilizes free space on it's install location to store temporary copies of uncompressed graphics. Having this app and it's folders external of your main system is a protection against losing both.
2. Keep an excel file of your custom models, complete with model number, clone\original, name and some other specifics. This can make moving them into and out of the save folder easy, so you can speed up load times. Do the same for rooms.
3. Use a symlink creation program to link the temporary files folders to very fast SSD or empty thumbdrives. They will get used to the fullest, and you will get faster loading times, even with more content.
4. If you use HOOK files, keep a copy of them on a flash drive. Also, keep copies of a whole body pass file. You can use this to create new pass files for different body parts to make new bodies and adjustments inside hook5 easily. I'm working on a way to build these files in such a way that you only need to select the file you are attaching to the pass file, and it will build a file for that body part using the path from the file you choose. It would remove the need to adjust the text by hand every time. Even better, it would allow you to make multiple copies of a functional Pass file so you could adjust the color, etc for different body shades.
5. If you don't have a graphics card that will record your screen, you should probably get a program to do this that you can activate with a keypress. USing NVidia cards gets you access to their gforce experience apps, which run in the background, and allow you to record the screen in high resolution with smooth motion. Some people use hardware gaming rigs that say they record the screen input, but they will drop frames that are 'dupelicated', which means they only put a special mark in the file that says a frame used to be there and many players will simply double the frame from before, but most prosumer (ie not basics built; heavily accelerated graphics quality) editing software will bawk at missing frames, as they require the frame to exist. Many of these softwares do have separate "encoders" that will fix the problem with a single pass through the encoder, in minimal time, giving you a useable version of the file. Nvidia also shows signs of this problem, but like I said, run it through an algorithm that will "recreate" the frame.
6. If you have problems loading, take some stuff out. I installed this twice. Once on a flash drive, once to an internal ssd, in that order. Anytime I need to, I can move files around from one to the other and experiment on how and where they need to go to show up in the game. However, I have also used symlinks in both sets to point at locations that have fast storage for loading different pieces and parts from different locations. If you have a lot of models or a very large save folder, you may want to try this. A USB flash drive can easily be archived to DVD with the right programs, giving you a viable backup. My way? I use an app like Acronis backup, image the drive and use the incremental features to maintain a set of backups that get written to dvd when there are changes.

For those of you with Direct X 8 problems:
This game was originally built for directx 8 compatibility. When it hit its second version, it was rebuilt to run on unity, but it still utilized directx 9 which was semicompatible with opengl and allowed the game to run on lesser quality systems.
Windows has long had a history of problems with games being outmoded when their linkage to directx files became detached. To combat this problem, they built in the ability to load the library from the program itself. When calling for this file in a header include, it searches first in the game folder where the exe runs. After that, it searches the system folders where this file is found. IF the includes are too specific about which version to use, and the filename to access, the game will break. However, if the filename exists, even if that file is simply a copy of another newer version of the library, the game will run. It is usually faster to put a copy of such a file in the game folder next to the exe, as the system doesn't keep such things registered. That way the game will load it quickly and will function normally. Hook files come with their own copy of this file, which should match one on your system for size and simply be a copy of it; Hook makes use of some new interface elements in the code that allow for making adjustments while the code is running, simply by reloading the main graphics window that's on top of your screen output. I suggest you read up on hook5, hook4, and hook3, then pick one that fits your system; they allow you to get realism out of this game that you wouldn't have otherwise.

For out of memory errors:
There was an update made to this game that allowed it to make use of 2 sets of memory registers, maxing out it's ram use at 4gb. If you run this game on a system with more than 8gb of ram, you should patch the exe with this update. While it has little effect on available graphics memory, it has an enormous effect on the number of open files you can run. The more adjustments you run, the more memory you will need to store the file pointers.

If, for any reason, you find yourself constantly overpowering this app, remember that there are other apps out there. Right now Virt-a-Mate is the closest relative to this app and will run with 64bit memory registers. It is a VR based game, rather than an screen-interface based game, but it does have a screen-based variant that you can run.

What I miss:
In the early games, there was the possibility of 2 cursors. You could use them as hands or for different operations. This has become moot as of late. Some games now offer the use of hands as an option, or vr controllers that perform the operations like hands, but there aren't so many options for 2d systems. Xbox and gamecube controlers both have two analogue sticks and could probably be used this way, but it would take some programming... I still miss it though.

Last edited:

shinichi104

Apr 2, 2018
hey im trying to use hook 5 and i cant find a way to disable eye reflections if anyone can hep or post screenshots tht would be great!

Painboy

Dec 2, 2017
Seems like it didn't get much attention, but it appears that the dumb DRM has finally been removed from the paid hook5 version. Now I wish I had downloaded a bunch of physX hairs and skin layers from MG ... oh well.

hey im trying to use hook 5 and i cant find a way to disable eye reflections if anyone can hep or post screenshots tht would be great!
If you mean the specular that used to cause the green eye bug you can find that one in body options for a model right next to other eye related options like Iris, eyeball and so. I don't think there is a toggle to turn actual reflections off in hook5 but you could just lower the "eye reflection amount" in the hook5 settings to hide the reflection.

joethebeast

Sep 17, 2017
How do I add new animations? When I copy+paste, they appear in the game, but when I click it, nothing happens.

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes