Others The Klub 17 + Hook5 [V11 & VX + KE Update 1 + Hook5 Extended] [TK17 & Pervokptr]

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes

wiwem71072

Nov 25, 2019
FYI, we went from V7.5 to V10, then V11.
That said, V11 is the fastest being 64 bits, and using latest windows drivers.
If it's not the case, then I would check if you have the latest driver for your video card.
Also try without any mods first, in case one of them is causing any issue.
It's not the fastest for me.
Not sure about 7.5, but V10 already is heavily CPU-limited and V11 even more so (without mods).
It performs like it sends an unbatched draw call for every single triangle and something is very wrong with the UI code now.
GPU usage isn't an issue.

Last edited:

AgentKE

Sep 22, 2023
I'm still using 7.5 and the free hook5 option, will the v11 version have compatibility with the 7.5 mods? I mean if it will be able to recognize poses, addons, activemod texture names, etc. I would like to be able to copy and paste my files and play, that is why I have not yet decided to try new versions since it was difficult at the time to learn how to use the game and I am afraid of having to learn to make my mods compatible with the new ones versions, The language barrier makes that task even more difficult for me. since it requires many hours of knowledge, since I understand that many files stop working when the version is changed. View attachment 3696811
Short answer, no. Stick to 7.5

Choatrixz

Jan 26, 2024
Not sure about 7.5, but V10 already is heavily CPU-limited and V11 even more so (without mods).
It performs like it sends an unbatched draw call for every single triangle and something is very wrong with the UI code now.
That's what you are getting when you try to run the next gen game with the ancient GPU and expect it to go past its limits despite of obvious reality which is just sad.

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
I'm still using 7.5 and the free hook5 option, will the v11 version have compatibility with the 7.5 mods? I mean if it will be able to recognize poses, addons, activemod texture names, etc. I would like to be able to copy and paste my files and play, that is why I have not yet decided to try new versions since it was difficult at the time to learn how to use the game and I am afraid of having to learn to make my mods compatible with the new ones versions, The language barrier makes that task even more difficult for me. since it requires many hours of knowledge, since I understand that many files stop working when the version is changed. View attachment 3696811
The key is Hook5...v11 does not have it so everything you use that depends on Hook5 will basically not be available. The compatibility that was introduced is akin more to something like H4 so if you expect for it too look like your screen, it will not be able to do it.

In addition V11 uses a different translation method for moving characters around in poses. So if you have saved poses you will need to fix them in V11 do to this change. There are also several bugs that do not seem to be resolved like Copy/Paste only working in frames 1-8 and not 9-12 or rooms that worked fine in VX/7.5 not working in V11. The main thing if you are someone that likes to customize your build of your game by changing GUI and other things, just know it is not possible. There is a "DRM Like" lock on the game that makes if you change anything like a GUI change the game will not work.

IMO, V11 is still very much beta and not as polished as v7.5 or VX, you will just have to wait and see if it ever gets updated.

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
V7.5 and VX only are heavy CPU users if you are not using Hook5. With Hook5 majority of the load is moved to your GPU so things like VRAM and GPU clock speed will play a role here. Remember the game is over 20 years old, and is not using modern elements like some of your more modern games, so you should adjust your expectations accordingly.

wiwem71072

Nov 25, 2019
V7.5 and VX only are heavy CPU users if you are not using Hook5. With Hook5 majority of the load is moved to your GPU so things like VRAM and GPU clock speed will play a role here. Remember the game is over 20 years old, and is not using modern elements like some of your more modern games, so you should adjust your expectations accordingly.
I wanted to give it a try, but directions on how to install Hook5 are still worse than the [redacted because I live in Germany].
Gave up after 10 minutes.

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
I wanted to give it a try, but directions on how to install Hook5 are still worse than the [redacted because I live in Germany].
Gave up after 10 minutes.
Well some things are not made for everyone. This game requires a certain level of patience...which maybe you simply do not have for it.

wiwem71072

Nov 25, 2019
Well some things are not made for everyone. This game requires a certain level of patience...which maybe you simply do not have for it.
I just can't be bothered to waste time with arbitrary gatekeeping.
TK17 needs to come with Hook5 pre-installed, period.

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
LOL....trust me, if your getting frustrated with the Hook5 install, you are in for a lot of annoyances. This "game" is a mod. A cracked version of something developed by a German software company called Thrixxx. Everything about it is a exercise in patience if you want to get the most out of it.

For those of us who play it, we have come to fully understand that and embrace it. Unfortunately others think it is as simple as just installing stuff, which is far from the case and just leads folks to rage quit.

tek17

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022

Hi everyone.

We would like to showcase some of the new content from Phoenix Garden we got from our members in May;
A big thank you to all our members!

All this is possible with the help of our webmaster.
Hope to see you at Phoenix Garden, where you will get all the latest news and content,
while we continue our work on The Klub 17.

Thank you!

Team K17

Reecoom

May 14, 2020
I understand you in part, I have taken about 6-7 years to understand everything xd (yes I know, I'm fool) probably more than 1000 hours, since my mother tongue is spanish, and the spanish community disappeared after modsgarden fell (they helped me a lot), that's why I still don't dare to move to new versions, I'm too lazy to start all over again as a newbie, since I will be all alone with my doubts. I guess I'll stay in 7.5. answering your question hook5 by itself does almost nothing, even if hook5 is installed by default, you must understand how normalmaps works, the values of the _pass. txt values, understand the leveldefinition for the correct illumination of the room, also install normalmaps for skins, eyes, nails, eyebrows, hair, and for each of the clothes you use, sometimes you must create them from 0 using photoshop. etc. also install of course replace bodys for body and faces. and many things more, that's the basics to make the game look good. in short, you have to get a degree with a diploma xd what hurt me the most when modsgarden fell is the info, the amount of tutorials that were lost, the questions and answers made in the spanish community (my language) if you are going to get into this game you have to be mentalized that you have to invest several hours. it is an old game with many mods, each mod is made by different people so each mod has its own instructions for installation and use. patience is a virtue in this game, it's like getting into install mod in skyrim, it takes time :D

Last edited:

Mugsy

Oct 19, 2020
will the v11 version have compatibility with the 7.5 mods?
V11 is about 98% backwards compatible with VX, which is about 98% backwards compatible with v7.5.

So most of your existing mods, etc will work just fine in v11.

Being 64bit, all versions of (32bit) Hook are incompatible with v11. However, you can take advantage of ReShade in DX10/11/12 & Vulkan modes using DxVk.

Bulokungol

Nov 25, 2022
Tk17 VX with hook5 won't work on directx... 2 days already looking for answers... Windows 10pro... Tried hook4 , it worked but f4 only turns the game into a green mess... F9 change the lighting but downgrades the quality of the game. F10 f11 just makes the game stop a few seconds... Installed the directx8 and 9 , hook5 still doesn't work. The Game crashes everytime. Always been deleting mainfxerrors , still crashin... I'm gonna be happy if i could just get it work and prove to myself oh yeah I did it. That's what's keeping me from looking for answers. Tried hook 5 basic , extended , crash. Gonna try reshade later without hook. Anyone here done this before?
I won't be here if only my fav creators keep it coming but some of them just takes too long to release something.
Anyway, thank you for the tips , the effort , the dedication , your passion is contagious.
(y):HideThePain:(y)

Mugsy

Oct 19, 2020
Tk17 VX with hook5 won't work on directx... 2 days already looking for answers... Windows 10pro
To get H5 to work with Win10 (which comes with DX11 preinstalled, and Hook requires DX9), you need to install the DX9 libraries (June 2010) AND "DotNet 3.2".

Test using "H5 free 2019" (which installs simply by placing 2 files and a folder in your "Binaries" folder.) Once you have that working, we can tackle the FULL version of H5.

Jan 30, 2022
It has been some time since I used it. But there is a memory leak that requires a patch. I think the it does not release memory that it has used so you eventually run out of Ram. Check modsgarden for information. 8 gigs of ram is pretty dicey as well. From memory, it is right at the minimum required level. I think you have to replace the binary exe as the patch. You are launching for the exe in the binary folder and not the root folder correct?
Does anyone know how to fix the memory leak problem? It fucked up my PC memory even after I deleted the game

Last edited:

Bulokungol

Nov 25, 2022
I got reshade to work. Gave up on hook 5 , tried hook 4... Its kinda ok but miles away from the awesome ones that I see here... The hook still doesn't operate , it just helps in launching the reshade. Am such a noob:KEK::KEK::KEK:. Can we just turn out the sun or any lights dimmer? I think the darker it is , the game will look a little bit better. What programs can I use to record/edit good quality videos? Tips please on making characters(i always come up with alien looking ones.:FacePalm::LUL::FacePalm:) Thank you!:love::love::love::love::love:

Mar 10, 2021
I got reshade to work. Gave up on hook 5 , tried hook 4... Its kinda ok but miles away from the awesome ones that I see here... The hook still doesn't operate , it just helps in launching the reshade. Am such a noob:KEK::KEK::KEK:. Can we just turn out the sun or any lights dimmer? I think the darker it is , the game will look a little bit better. What programs can I use to record/edit good quality videos? Tips please on making characters(i always come up with alien looking ones.:FacePalm::LUL::FacePalm:) Thank you!:love::love::love::love::love:
Being blatantly honest I find hard to believe someone just simply could give up on H5 and just settle with ReShade :ROFLMAO: , let's say one is an wrapper based on DX11 API that gives you the power to experience a mildly accurate PBR workflow (hook5); and the other one is a simple collection of post processing effects that retouch your output but don't enhance game shading at all

I think you must try harder on the install, as mentioned above you require DirectX June 2010 redistributable files (collection of legacy improvements on DirectX9 for Windows 10), which don't worry it won't replace your DirectX11 but are just a pre-requisite of H5 to work

Also, remember to launch your game from TK17-158.001.exe (at least first start after install) and in DirectX renderer

Regarding a good recording software, if you are a Windows 10 user you can try with Microsoft Game Bar built in video recording tool that IMO is very profficient, there are other options but that's the fastet one

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bulokungol

Mugsy

Oct 19, 2020
Does anyone know how to fix the memory leak problem?
Which version?

V11's memory "leak" (I hate that term b/c it's not really a "leak", it's a memory "disposal" issue) is atrocious. Fortunately, it doesn't crash TK17 the way VX does (the 32bit 4GB ceiling crashes TK17 absurdly often.) But every time you try to switch modes (eg: exit PoseEdit and start the Sequencer), it takes progressively longer & longer. It's faster to just close & relaunch V11 whenever you need to change "Modes". There is no "patch" for this (at this time.)

VX doesn't really have a "memory leak", but it runs into the 4GB ceiling (technically, 8GB via the Windows swap file) incredibly fast if you have Hook5 & lots of mods installed ("Hook 4" used DX9, which had horrible memory management as well, making it almost unusable on VX.) I use a "Clean RAM" sweeper app to free up wasted ram before launching VX with H5.

V7.5 was the worst of both worlds. Terrible memory management and runs out of ram far too fast. Both 7.5 & VX benefit from a "4GB patch" that releases the 512GB of system ram, freeing up all 4GB for your use.

Mugsy

Oct 19, 2020
I got reshade to work. Gave up on hook 5 , tried hook 4... Its kinda ok but miles away from the awesome ones that I see here...
32bit H5 doesn't work with 64bit V11. To use it with 32bit VX, you need to add the DX9.0c libraries (June 2010) and "DotNet-3.5".

64bit V11 can use ReShade in DX10/11/12 & Vulkan modes using "DxVk". ReShade is a graphics POST processor though, so the results don't compare to H5, but it's better than nothing.

H5 requires DX11 (the DX9 files are for TK17's use), so it will not work with Windows 7 or 8. It is possible to get the "2019 free version" of H5 (no H5 object or moving hair support) to work with VX under Linux using Wine if you know what you're doing. ;)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Mugsy

Oct 19, 2020
Also, remember to launch your game from TK17-158.001.exe (at least first start after install) and in DirectX renderer

Regarding a good recording software, if you are a Windows 10 user you can try with Microsoft Game Bar built in video recording tool that IMO is very profficient, there are other options but that's the fastet one
Actually, it's best to launch VX using the "VX_Launcher" app. Bypassing the launcher skips some helpful prerequisites (it's been years, so I forget what exactly), but it'll run more stable with fewer security risks (ie: don't use "Admin Mode".)

If you have an nVidia video card with "GeForce Experience" installed, use the built-in video recorder (if enabled) for free HD recording with sound.

• Red Heart
4.10 star(s) 8 Votes