Others The Klub 17 + Hook5 [V11 & VX + KE Update 1 + Hook5 Extended] [TK17 & Pervokptr]

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes

Mugsy

Oct 19, 2020
For a visual example of the difference between what's possible with V11 with ReShade (6.1.1) and VX using Hook 5, check out a movie I created using both.

I made a movie using a fully modded V11 including ReShade 6 to improve the color and lighting. I then back-ported it to VX and redid it using H5 (I added custom room lighting, and took advantage of H5's "moving hair" with the model) to show off what each is capable of.

Let me know what you think. :)

"BFF_Gamers".

Mar 10, 2021
Actually, it's best to launch VX using the "VX_Launcher" app. Bypassing the launcher skips some helpful prerequisites (it's been years, so I forget what exactly), but it'll run more stable with fewer security risks (ie: don't use "Admin Mode".)

If you have an nVidia video card with "GeForce Experience" installed, use the built-in video recorder (if enabled) for free HD recording with sound.
Launcher from binaries directory is another option and didn't know about its advantages, I'm just used to launch from TK17-158.001.exe but anyways something tells me many users launch from "Play The Klub 17.exe" which tends to not work quite well under H5

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
For a visual example of the difference between what's possible with V11 with ReShade (6.1.1) and VX using Hook 5, check out a movie I created using both.

I made a movie using a fully modded V11 including ReShade 6 to improve the color and lighting. I then back-ported it to VX and redid it using H5 (I added custom room lighting, and took advantage of H5's "moving hair" with the model) to show off what each is capable of.

Let me know what you think. :)

"BFF_Gamers".
Sorry man, but this is really not the best example of what Hook5 is capable of or even used that well. The lighting, skin textures, etc, are simply not that good. Let me explain...

There are absolutely no perceivable H5 textures on the models. The male model just seems to be a base skin with nothing else. Same for clothes, and hair. Female model is the same but less noticeable. It seems you just put some hair works hair on the model and left it as that.

1717698086981.png

Lack of lighting. Are you even using a Level Definition in this room? Maybe you just turned on the Sun but the lighting is a bit too dark. I would turn off the Sun, use a low level Omni to fill the room, and have a spot light provide a glow form the TV. And yes because you are not using Hook5 Normals and Specs on the skins they are not reflecting well in the light. Especially the male model

1717698250801.png

If folks want a better sample of how to use H5 and what it is capable of in video...check my video here:

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
One thing to remember Hook5 is more of a tool that in the right hands you can do some incredible stuff with. You just cannot turn it on throw a few lights in your scene and expect it to look good. From Custom Skins, to Physx, Hairworks, Particles, Water, H5 Objects, Scripting and more there is a lot you can take advantage of...

Other Good H5 Video Samples (My Opinion)

(Futa)
(Futa)

H5 Examples that well...are not so good (My Opinion)

Bulokungol

Nov 25, 2022
Damn , thanks everyone! I don't plan to stop till I get the best out of this. It's just want to feel like I've accomplished something today:BootyTime::BootyTime::BootyTime:...
-make hook5 work is still a goal.

I read on KE about a Starter.rar or something... Can't find it on the mega folder that people keep sharing. What does that rar have inside? I think that's what I'm missing... It's that one step that I'm going nuts for while trying to get hook5 to operate.

(it's that starter shit that's the only thing missing)

Lord HDiddy , those are some hot pieces. I might forget about hook5 and just watch those!

Thanks guys!
:giggle::giggle::love::love:

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2022
Which version?

V11's memory "leak" (I hate that term b/c it's not really a "leak", it's a memory "disposal" issue) is atrocious. Fortunately, it doesn't crash TK17 the way VX does (the 32bit 4GB ceiling crashes TK17 absurdly often.) But every time you try to switch modes (eg: exit PoseEdit and start the Sequencer), it takes progressively longer & longer. It's faster to just close & relaunch V11 whenever you need to change "Modes". There is no "patch" for this (at this time.)

VX doesn't really have a "memory leak", but it runs into the 4GB ceiling (technically, 8GB via the Windows swap file) incredibly fast if you have Hook5 & lots of mods installed ("Hook 4" used DX9, which had horrible memory management as well, making it almost unusable on VX.) I use a "Clean RAM" sweeper app to free up wasted ram before launching VX with H5.

V7.5 was the worst of both worlds. Terrible memory management and runs out of ram far too fast. Both 7.5 & VX benefit from a "4GB patch" that releases the 512GB of system ram, freeing up all 4GB for your use.
I've downloaded and launched each one. But I've since uninstalled them all and still have ram/vram problems. At this point, I dont care about using The Klub. I just want to fix whatever memory issue its left me with.

Would the ram sweeper app you use help me? If so, whats it called?

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
I've downloaded and launched each one. But I've since uninstalled them all and still have ram/vram problems. At this point, I dont care about using The Klub. I just want to fix whatever memory issue its left me with.

What memory issue? The game is not going to cause some overarching memory issue for your system. Actually nothing can do this unless it is malware or something similar. If you uninstalled the game any issue your system is having is most likely 1) Has always been there....or 2) You installed something you were not supposed to install trying to get things working.

Regardless pretty difficult to help when your not being all that specific on what the issue actually is.

Bulokungol

Nov 25, 2022
Found the starter pack. Hook still not working. Maybe it just can't... Honey select worked ages ago... I'm wonderin why Hook5 won't... My tech friend updated it to W10 , upgraded the ssd... I'll play with it till i get the hook to work... Do you think my laptop can't handle it? This is what I'm using...

Jan 30, 2022
What memory issue? The game is not going to cause some overarching memory issue for your system. Actually nothing can do this unless it is malware or something similar. If you uninstalled the game any issue your system is having is most likely 1) Has always been there....or 2) You installed something you were not supposed to install trying to get things working.

Regardless pretty difficult to help when your not being all that specific on what the issue actually is.
Here are specifics:

After downloading downloading the three TK versions and launching them, I started experiencing crashes. See attached image for the exact error message. I first downloaded and launched either V11 or VX. I don't remember which I installed first. In the installation, I chose portable application. But I eventually installed and launched V11, VX, and 7.5, albeit at different times. I experienced the same kind of crashing for all three iirc.
Screenshot (867).png

Some time after, I launched a game on Steam -- the same game I've been playing for a month prior. There have been no patches since then. But for the first time ever, I crashed at the menu. I received the same exact error message above. I tested other games. Straight up crashed at the menu for the first time ever, but no error message. I assume the error is of the same nature.

Because of the timing, I concluded that TK + Hook 5 caused this problem. I have since deleted TK + Hook 5 from my C:. Problem persisted. I have also since attempted several things including reinstalling Windows, running a Windows security diagnostic and fix, running a program to search and purge malware, deleting memory using Intelligent Standby Lust Cleaner, and deleting temp files in C:. Problem persisted, though I now seem to be able to run less taxing games.

Yesterday, I launched the first game again after whatever solution I ran overnight. I received another error message. See attached image. According to a cursory Google search, this is an error message relating to memory leaks or corrupt files. So I ran SFC and DISM through cmd. Problem persists.

Screenshot (5).png

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
Here are specifics:

After downloading downloading the three TK versions and launching them, I started experiencing crashes. See attached image for the exact error message. I first downloaded and launched either V11 or VX. I don't remember which I installed first. In the installation, I chose portable application. But I eventually installed and launched V11, VX, and 7.5, albeit at different times. I experienced the same kind of crashing for all three iirc.
View attachment 3712844

Some time after, I launched a game on Steam -- the same game I've been playing for a month prior. There have been no patches since then. But for the first time ever, I crashed at the menu. I received the same exact error message above. I tested other games. Straight up crashed at the menu for the first time ever, but no error message. I assume the error is of the same nature.

Because of the timing, I concluded that TK + Hook 5 caused this problem. I have since deleted TK + Hook 5 from my C:. Problem persisted. I have also since attempted several things including reinstalling Windows, running a Windows security diagnostic and fix, running a program to search and purge malware, deleting memory using Intelligent Standby Lust Cleaner, and deleting temp files in C:. Problem persisted, though I now seem to be able to run less taxing games.

Yesterday, I launched the first game again after whatever solution I ran overnight. I received another error message. See attached image. According to a cursory Google search, this is an error message relating to memory leaks or corrupt files. So I ran SFC and DISM through cmd. Problem persists.

View attachment 3712869
The key thing that I saw here is that you reinstalled Windows and you are still having issues. Sorry to say but pretty sure you have a hardware failure. These look like signs of faulty memory. It could be a coincidence that TK17 was the last application that broke the camels back....but simply put...your hardware seems to be going bad.

That error you are getting could be caused by corrupted system files. However many of times system files get corrupted due to bad or faulty memory or hard drives (basically anything that stores stuff). Now it could be Video RAM, which would mean your video card needs to be replaced but you would need to run some test to be sure.

In addition the message you do not have enough system memory would also be a clue. If memory is faulty it may not register correctly with your system causing all sort of issues.

One thing I would do....is reseat your memory chips. And Reseat your video card (If you do not have a laptop). Maybe the dimm got loose or something which is causing the memory to be faulty. So powering your system down, taking the memory out for 30 seconds, wipe the contacts with some alcohol...let dry and then putting it back in. This may solve your problem.

You can also trying running the Windows Memory diagnostic tool. to check for any memory errors.

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
Found the starter pack. Hook still not working. Maybe it just can't... Honey select worked ages ago... I'm wonderin why Hook5 won't... My tech friend updated it to W10 , upgraded the ssd... I'll play with it till i get the hook to work... Do you think my laptop can't handle it? This is what I'm using...
Your gonna get poor performance running H5 on that machine. It does not seem like you have any Discrete Graphics and only 2GB of RAM.

• Sad
Reactions: Bulokungol

Mugsy

Oct 19, 2020

If you uninstalled TK17 and are still having memory issues, the fault does not lie with TK17. It makes no changes to Windows itself.

I use IObit's "Advanced System Care" to maintain my PC. Under Options, check the box to load the "Performance Monitor" at startup. It displays your RAM & CPU usage. Click the little "rocket" icon on the left to free up wasted memory that Windows "walled off" after an app crashes or fails to properly release used memory after it closes.

Mugsy

Oct 19, 2020
Sorry man, but this is really not the best example of what Hook5 is capable of or even used that well.
You are correct. H5 is capable of far more than my meager talents. I am indeed using a near stock skin for the male (note his genitals are bump-mapped), and "Sunlight" is enabled in the LevDef for the shadows (you can't manually rotate lighting from omni or spot-light sources.) I only spent a few hours messing with the LevDef. The original room didn't even include one. I added some omni & spot lights for effect (TV glow, Bedroom lighting, etc.)

Someone should redo the entire "3DCG House" properly in H5, but no one ever has.)

Even with what little I did, the difference between VX w/H5 and V11 with just ReShade are dramatic.

• Haha
Reactions: AgentKE

Mugsy

Oct 19, 2020
If folks want a better sample of how to use H5 and what it is capable of in video...check my video here:
You did a LOT of post-production work on your video.

EVERYTHING seen in my video was output by TK17 itself. That includes voices and sound effects (which was my point.)

When you use Post-Production editing, you really aren't showing what TK17 is capable of. You're only demonstrating your video editing skills.

• Haha
Reactions: AgentKE

Mugsy

Oct 19, 2020
Found the starter pack. Hook still not working. ... Do you think my laptop can't handle it? This is what I'm using...
Yes. Laptops are notoriously bad at handing advanced graphics.

Hook 4/5 work best in a PC with full video card installed. Laptops tend to use "Integrated graphics" typically built into the CPU itself.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bulokungol

Bulokungol

Nov 25, 2022
Thank you for all the info. My laptop is trash.:KEK::KEK::KEK: anyway i'll be here watching all your works. you guys continue being awesome(y)(y)(y):HideThePain::HideThePain::BootyTime::BootyTime:

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
You did a LOT of post-production work on your video.
If you are talking about sound? Yes but we are talking about the capabilities of H5. Video wise...everything in my video is basically H5 with Reshade (Color adjustment). Post work is sound effects and transitions.

Your video doesn't even demonstrate H5 accurately.

Here is a raw video pull no reshade or post editing...this is a H5 Object Room, using a properly angled Sun Light and a spot light rotated on the actors to fill the space. The environment parameters in the room have also been tweaked for optimal lighting. No hairworks, but is using Physx jewelry for the earrings.

Also you don't rotate Omni lights. They shoot in all directions so no rotation needed..you just move them. And you can manually rotate spot lights if you are using a proper level definition for the room and not modifying the default room settings.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 8 Votes