yunasenna

Dec 10, 2019
I'm on a four-year-old machine: Mac OS X 10.11.6 with a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 processor and an Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB graphics card.

If I shouldn't be experiencing issues even after I close all my running applications, should I try uninstalling and re-installing? Can't think of any other way.
Your video card is the issue :). Also you should have at least 4-6gigs of ram as well, at minimum.

Nov 25, 2018
I'm on a four-year-old machine: Mac OS X 10.11.6 with a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 processor and an Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB graphics card.

If I shouldn't be experiencing issues even after I close all my running applications, should I try uninstalling and re-installing? Can't think of any other way.
Hey I don't know if you can swap graphics cards or add a dedicated graphics card in that particular mac, PLEASE do search it up if you can, but here's the deal, you need at least a GTX 1050 which is cheaper than dirt right now... i mean hey not really cheaper than dirt but yes cheap. I have a GTX 1050 ti 4gb from Gigabyte and i can run witcher 60 fps at 1366x768 res all set to ultra except hairworks turned off. 16 gigs of corsair vengence... My processor is i3 9th gen, which is a quad core like your I5, but it's 4.2 ghz turbo.. while your turbo might be at 3 ghz. If you can add a dedicated GPU, you can rock games. Ram for MAC is not cheap, but you can probably add a few more gigs. Get a 8gb RAM if you can, second hand. If you change two things just two things ya know, your GPU and your RAM. You can rock games till year 2019 easily and this game wouldn't be an issue like at all. There's a cheaper option even, if you only want to run this particular game only and usually do non 3d work then you get a gt 1030 ddr5 but in my opinion it's pointless. GTX 1050 is the way to go. If you fail to find MAC upgrades, then feel free to DM me ANYTIME, I will suggest you how to make a cheap, midrange gaming PC. It will serve you like a KING for upcoming years! My current PC cost me less than a MAC and i swear it beats some of the latest MACS. See bro or sis, thing is MAC's are kinda cockblocked from running full performance. They take a 3 ghz processor and cockblock it to 2.5 so it runs cooler. Because MAC's always loved being skinnier than say a PC cabinet. But it ain't practical so lolz on stevie boi. rip

ronan333

Jan 23, 2020
Hey I don't know if you can swap graphics cards or add a dedicated graphics card in that particular mac, PLEASE do search it up if you can, but here's the deal, you need at least a GTX 1050 which is cheaper than dirt right now... i mean hey not really cheaper than dirt but yes cheap. I have a GTX 1050 ti 4gb from Gigabyte and i can run witcher 60 fps at 1366x768 res all set to ultra except hairworks turned off. 16 gigs of corsair vengence... My processor is i3 9th gen, which is a quad core like your I5, but it's 4.2 ghz turbo.. while your turbo might be at 3 ghz. If you can add a dedicated GPU, you can rock games. Ram for MAC is not cheap, but you can probably add a few more gigs. Get a 8gb RAM if you can, second hand. If you change two things just two things ya know, your GPU and your RAM. You can rock games till year 2019 easily and this game wouldn't be an issue like at all. There's a cheaper option even, if you only want to run this particular game only and usually do non 3d work then you get a gt 1030 ddr5 but in my opinion it's pointless. GTX 1050 is the way to go. If you fail to find MAC upgrades, then feel free to DM me ANYTIME, I will suggest you how to make a cheap, midrange gaming PC. It will serve you like a KING for upcoming years! My current PC cost me less than a MAC and i swear it beats some of the latest MACS. See bro or sis, thing is MAC's are kinda cockblocked from running full performance. They take a 3 ghz processor and cockblock it to 2.5 so it runs cooler. Because MAC's always loved being skinnier than say a PC cabinet. But it ain't practical so lolz on stevie boi. rip
How does that board compare to an AMD Ryzen 5 3600? ... lot of power, even cheaper on Amazon.

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
Is it me, or is it a little weird that all that work went into piercings, but then no weights were actually applied to said models. The boobs bounce around with painted on piercings...

Nov 25, 2018
How does that board compare to an AMD Ryzen 5 3600? ... lot of power, even cheaper on Amazon.
Go red! Lol I am thinking my next build to be ASUS, Radeon and Ryzen. Maybe Christmas. The stock cooler on ryzen is so freaking sexy man! Yo benchmarks are great I admit, but seriously there's something maybe it's just me fuck it but it looks really modern. Anyways, he should REALLY compare AMD and Intel options before building a new PC. AMD option will be MORE bang for buckssssss all the way!!!!!!

Reactions: ronan333

Warsteel

May 26, 2017
The dude does need to upgrade his GPU but this post just is not accurate. I ran it fine on my GTX 750ti. Luckily I was able to upgrade a few months ago and was able to play Cyberpunk when it came out but yeah, my old card did fine.

Sep 24, 2018
Your video card is the issue :). Also you should have at least 4-6gigs of ram as well, at minimum.

Thanks for both of your replies. At the end of the day I've had this machine for awhile now and it's probably time to replace it. I might actually look into getting a gaming PC.

Nov 25, 2018
The dude does need to upgrade his GPU but this post just is not accurate. I ran it fine on my GTX 750ti. Luckily I was able to upgrade a few months ago and was able to play Cyberpunk when it came out but yeah, my old card did fine.
When i have option to buy me a 750ti second hand and a new 1050ti, i will always go for a 1050ti ;) because.. ah just read this

Nov 25, 2018
Thanks for both of your replies. At the end of the day I've had this machine for awhile now and it's probably time to replace it. I might actually look into getting a gaming PC.
It can be confusing at first!!! But look at benchmarks online, watch youtube videos, you will get an idea whatever is best for you and your wallet! Good luck man! :) Another mac or update may just be waste of money tbh. They are just not that powerful anymore. Yeah the software is great, but for gaming windows kinda beats..

Reactions: LurkyMcLurkFace

Warsteel

May 26, 2017
When i have option to buy me a 750ti second hand and a new 1050ti, i will always go for a 1050ti ;) because.. ah just read this
Don't need to. Never said that he shouldn't buy better than the 750ti... just that he doesn't, as you stated, NEED a GTX 1050 to run the game. He does not.

Nov 25, 2018
Don't need to. Never said that he shouldn't buy better than the 750ti... just that he doesn't, as you stated, NEED a GTX 1050 to run the game. He does not.
YEAH I can HEAR you... LOUD AND CLEAR... AND BY THE WAY I NEVER mentioned he NEED a GTX 1050Ti TO RUN this.. GAME.. .do you GET IT? So you see my words exactly

" There's a cheaper option even, if you only want to run this particular game only and usually do non 3d work then you get a gt 1030 ddr5 but in my opinion it's pointless. " - CheyBaby

because yeah, this game a 1030 can run even at generous FPS. lol But I don't think anyone would ever swap GPU just to run one game, in future he might wanna try new games, I want him to buy that so he doesn't struggle and this secondhand 750ti suggestion for budget gamers need to stop. It's not easy to find in many countries and also is old and should just vanish from the face of Earth as a relic should tbh. Maxwell is better to warm your room, I prefer cold pascal. Which boosts itself to higher clock if conditions are met. Seriously it's like suggesting a 1969 mustang to someone who is trying to drive a car first time. All you get is an inevitable accident. Just because it's popular in r/pcmasterrace doesn't mean it's practical FOR EVERYONE. :BootyTime:

4.00 star(s) 54 Votes