QSP Abandoned The Last Guardian [v0.3] [Cerberos87]

1.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Reaver

May 31, 2017
Ok well that was a fun rant. Can't say that I haven't done the same once or twice. I do agree with some of your statements and I don't agree with some of them. The simple point is ppl will have their own opinion and will say and do what they want just look to the US for a example. I'm not going to get into details due to the fact that I don't care that much. For me it's a game and its purpose is to "FAP", so whatever the story may be I don't even care.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
As a reminder, our General Rules include the direction to keep posts on-topic, avoid pushing controversial topics too far and to refrain from attacking other posters.

On-topic posts about reactions of - or interpretations to - the game's possible meanings are fine, but stay relevant to the actual game. If you have an issue with the game's existence or other implications, this site has an unmoderated Off-Topic section. If something urgent is perceived with the game as shared, Report links are always available.

Please abide by these essential rules to avoid potentially undesirable ramifications.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Reactions: Chimno and rangaru

cerberos87

Aug 31, 2017
Hi everyone,
I apologize to everyone, first for the bad version of the game, it is my first project and I should not have rushed
to post it without testing it well.
And second for not answering your comments, I'm from Argentina and these days in my work were really hard.
I 'm going to work this week to correct all the errors that you were mentioning, I want to improve the energy because they told me that it was over very quickly, add a section of hints so that everyone knows what to do.
Thanks again for understanding and for all your comments.

leo768

Nov 16, 2017
They are not yet close enough to do what you tried, you must improve the relationship before.
Mom 245/347.
No sex content ....

razzia

Apr 14, 2018
Well seems interesting enough but I'll come back later when the game is better organised or if there is at least a walkthrough to help you going around.
That would really help.

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
Hi everyone,
I apologize to everyone, first for the bad version of the game, it is my first project and I should not have rushed
to post it without testing it well.
And second for not answering your comments, I'm from Argentina and these days in my work were really hard.
I 'm going to work this week to correct all the errors that you were mentioning, I want to improve the energy because they told me that it was over very quickly, add a section of hints so that everyone knows what to do.
Thanks again for understanding and for all your comments.
It's not a bad version of the game and if anything, it's us who owe you an apology. Developing something for the first time is tricky and it's difficult to find tutorials on QSP development at the best of times. We were all overly harsh - myself included.

The best tip that I can give you is that you could do with refactoring your code as at the moment you have a lot of locations in the QSP that are essentially just copies of each other.

Instead of having:

scene 1
scene 2
scene 3
scene 4

It is better to have:

Scene (1)

So you would create a location and then pass any unique stuff like image paths or whatever as variables. This would help you A TON in debugging.

Alternatively, a lot of QSP games instead have each room as a location and then decide to display content based on the point of the games that the game is at. So this would be a location entitled "bedroom" and "bedroom" would have a default piece of text upon entering with a bunch of conditional statements for events that might occur in that room then they iterate the quest stages.

So

Code:
if(momquest = 3)

do something

momquest = momquest + 1

else

do default thing

endif
This isn't exactly easy to manage on a large game either but at least you'll be a little more organised. I'd recommend downloading the QSP games from this site and having a look at their code via qGen for examples on code factoring.

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
I've fixed the game and added a Cheat Menu. Also added infinite energy upon sleep. I built this on top of Polip1339 's QSP and added ~150 bug fixes

I'd advise that you play without hitting the cheat button to begin with, as infinite energy is enough to get you going and there could still be one or two things locked behind relationships that I missed. Also, I didn't test every scene but it certainly is representative of the game as it currently stands. You can access hardcore content now.

It's actually a very decent game once the bugs were eliminated. The man at the Old House tells you what to do. A girl is considered "charmed" after you cast the 1st spell on her that he gives you at the start. There is a little weirdness with August in the Jail and the Night Watchgirl but if you keep clicking about then it will be fine.

To begin the game, go to Work then Work once and leave the area. From there it's fairly straight forward.

I enjoyed playing the game personally. Strong themes of mind control/incest/corruption and a good amount of content for a first release. Reminds me a bit of A Spell for All. If he would have released this QSP without many bugs on release then I think lots of people would be excited about the future of this game. It really is a large amount of content for a beginning.

And having gone through the QSP code a bit more finely than I did, it's clear to see that though the author is a beginner who made some beginner mistakes, there's a HUGE amount of effort that has gone into the game already. Feel like this could develop into something good given a bit of time and patience.

Last edited:

monmon_noname

Sep 26, 2017
Can someone tell me how to do the masih Nerap. I did it with every person but it says i have to imporve relationship but I cant do that, this option is away for me.

Dropdude

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Is it me or is everything terribly sized. I gotta scroll just to see text under the pictures.

1.50 star(s) 2 Votes