zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
so question after one chick get's pregnet the game is over. but then there were only for sex scene's so what is the point of the other's lol.

Dec 17, 2020
Will wait for proper translation for how long it would take cause i have a waiting patience of a rock also, already got a chronic headache when ever i read mtl due to reading to much trash comics called manhua(the chinese one) and it's bullshit of a translations.

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
God I hope so. I'm sick of isekai. When can Japan create an original setting again? They literally crap out a new isekai every hour.
i left the manga only party quite some time ago because of dense mc androphobic and serial truck killing, but i do think that overused trope can still give nice story or at worst ok time killer, "descent of the demonic master" is an ok isekai reincarnation go back to real world martial story for exemple, "cheating men must die" is a good story and use isekai, reincarnation and "system" trope while having constent theme switch, an ok time killer, with reincarnation as the main theme, "volcanic age" is a realy good story (art can be hard on the eye of the manga only party) so yes sometime ... definetly most of the time trope are used to make easy to sell trash story but there's still good stuff that apear once in a while, and i mostly named martial art story but it's true for all genre, you just did not have the luck to find a good one among the trash T_T

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
i left the manga only party quite some time ago because of dense mc androphobic and serial truck killing, but i do think that overused trope can still give nice story or at worst ok time killer, "descent of the demonic master" is an ok isekai reincarnation go back to real world martial story for exemple, "cheating men must die" is a good story and use isekai, reincarnation and "system" trope while having constent theme switch, an ok time killer, with reincarnation as the main theme, "volcanic age" is a realy good story (art can be hard on the eye of the manga only party) so yes sometime ... definetly most of the time trope are used to make easy to sell trash story but there's still good stuff that apear once in a while, and i mostly named martial art story but it's true for all genre, you just did not have the luck to find a good one among the trash T_T
I feel like the problem is less so "overused tropes" and moreso overused template. The western equivalent would be dystopian YA novels. They're both low-effort cookie-cutter templates that are insanely popular and geared towards teens/early 20s audience exploring the same themes of suddenly becoming special, being surrounded by people that are usually unattainable, and being put on a pedestal. Basically, escapism is very popular at the moment.

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
I feel like the problem is less so "overused tropes" and moreso overused template. The western equivalent would be dystopian YA novels. They're both low-effort cookie-cutter templates that are insanely popular and geared towards teens/early 20s audience exploring the same themes of suddenly becoming special, being surrounded by people that are usually unattainable, and being put on a pedestal. Basically, escapism is very popular at the moment.
"escapism" "at the moment" seem wrong as escapism through literature is too old to be called a recent trend, pretty sure the original comment was about isekai being used in either the tittle or basic setting, so yes easy to sell story was the problem, now being an avid reader, i would say that the current trend would be more about reincarnation (isekai or not, as a human or not ... the or not being realy well know and recognised since a couple of years) and system ( similar to game setting but could happen in a game world, isekai or real world ... those in real world being for the most part chinese and korean) aslo a good number of the trendy story for some time have a link (clear or a little subtle, changing the name of the energy used and refined does not make it something different when you think of the basic setting) with martial arts and self-cultivation

i would say that for someone that don't bring up a recomendation of an actual good or passable read for either isekai or dystopian setting you seem like the original poster just unlucky to not have found something interesting and still had gone through a certain number of disapointing story, maybe you should try to refine your search before reading so that you don't get overly disapointed and bitter in something that could never have pleased you :S

you could link the literature subject which is the more obvious for the conversation, to video game, because unless you look for a game like monster hunter that make more use of the gameplay than the story to be a good game, you'll look for a game with a story that interest you and most likely reading your comment not something aimed at teenager or mainstream re-used copy paste that is often saw but not all that is avaible

on your use of escapism, seeing that you have a realy negative aproach of the subject in your comment people would see it as you telling escapism is bad ... while the excess of it is a clear mental problem for the person and society, it is aslo something totaly healty for the majority of the people that take a book during their week-end or play a game with friend (or in a closed room and with only one hand)

• Haha
Reactions: pcguy

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
i found it strange you could only knock up one girl and after the scene's were done that was it no seeing them agian. i fotget if the others had scene's. the art was good but i felt like it was a short game to be truthful.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
"escapism" "at the moment" seem wrong as escapism through literature is too old to be called a recent trend, pretty sure the original comment was about isekai being used in either the tittle or basic setting, so yes easy to sell story was the problem, now being an avid reader, i would say that the current trend would be more about reincarnation (isekai or not, as a human or not ... the or not being realy well know and recognised since a couple of years) and system ( similar to game setting but could happen in a game world, isekai or real world ... those in real world being for the most part chinese and korean) aslo a good number of the trendy story for some time have a link (clear or a little subtle, changing the name of the energy used and refined does not make it something different when you think of the basic setting) with martial arts and self-cultivation

i would say that for someone that don't bring up a recomendation of an actual good or passable read for either isekai or dystopian setting you seem like the original poster just unlucky to not have found something interesting and still had gone through a certain number of disapointing story, maybe you should try to refine your search before reading so that you don't get overly disapointed and bitter in something that could never have pleased you :S

you could link the literature subject which is the more obvious for the conversation, to video game, because unless you look for a game like monster hunter that make more use of the gameplay than the story to be a good game, you'll look for a game with a story that interest you and most likely reading your comment not something aimed at teenager or mainstream re-used copy paste that is often saw but not all that is avaible

on your use of escapism, seeing that you have a realy negative aproach of the subject in your comment people would see it as you telling escapism is bad ... while the excess of it is a clear mental problem for the person and society, it is aslo something totaly healty for the majority of the people that take a book during their week-end or play a game with friend (or in a closed room and with only one hand)
You're latching onto the word 'escapism' way too much. You're basically saying "How dare you for saying isekai is escapism!?" Just like before the mods came in and deleted a good chunk of the conversation, you're putting words I didn't say into my mouth. Stop. Doing. That. Stop building arguments out of assumptions you're making about me. If you don't understand what I'm saying, ask. I'm not going to engage in a conversation with you anymore if you keep making false accusations.
Edit: I haven't touched any of those points you've maid because you keep trying to bait me into responding to a false premise. You keep arguing in bad faith.
You're trying to get me to acknowledge points I didn't make so I'd either have to defend them or admit that you're right. That's like trying to trick the other person into playing a game with a fucked up controller. That's not how you "win" an argument, dude. That just makes you look like an asshole.

Last edited:
  • Haha

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
You're latching onto the word 'escapism' way too much. You're basically saying "How dare you for saying isekai is escapism!?" Just like before the mods came in and deleted a good chunk of the conversation, you're putting words I didn't say into my mouth. Stop. Doing. That. Stop building arguments out of assumptions you're making about me. If you don't understand what I'm saying, ask. I'm not going to engage in a conversation with you anymore if you keep making false accusations.
Edit: You keep arguing in bad faith.
Directly copy+pasted from Google: Bad faith (Latin: mala fides) is a sustained form of deception which consists of entertaining or pretending to entertain one set of feelings while acting as if influenced by another.
and you keep reading half the thing i write and not understanding a quarter focusing on it and trying to either insult me or making me look like an asshole, i though if i did not make joke you would get the meaning of what i say but it seem not want me to copy paste the definition of diagonal reading ?

you and i seem to understand what a conversation is in different manner, i see it as exchanging point of view on a comon topic, then either agreeing or disagreeing, in the process you can explain what you agree on and what you don't, and so does the other, you see argument where there's none and look to find fault while using incomplete or vaguely related knowledge and take litteraly everything said as an insult (even joke T_T) normaly no one die after a conversation and when it end your not even forced to agree on everything you could even be disagreeing on everything if it's what your opinion is ... so what you took out of my first comment was ... a subject nothing else then anwsered it with nothing except negativity and incomplete knoledge ... to that i choose to point what i know is incomplete and what i thing is incorect i tried to be the clearer i could so that you would understand there was no ill will behind it but i've clearly failled to get through to you, so i aslo think there's no reason to keep trying if we can't exchange anything it's pointless

• Haha

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
and you keep reading half the thing i write and not understanding a quarter focusing on it and trying to either insult me or making me look like an asshole, i though if i did not make joke you would get the meaning of what i say but it seem not want me to copy paste the definition of diagonal reading ?
Dude, I'm the one insulting you? You literally called me too dumb to understand a joke, told me to "take a hike," said I'm full of bullshit, compared me to the videogames and violence people, and insinuated that I'm telling people to get a life. You're putting words in my mouth and you think I'm making you look like an asshole? It was pretty bad timing, but I deleted that definition for a reason.
you and i seem to understand what a conversation is in different manner, i see it as exchanging point of view on a comon topic, then either agreeing or disagreeing, in the process you can explain what you agree on and what you don't, and so does the other
You weren't exchanging a point of view. You didn't ask for my opinion, you made assumptions. Even after 4 replies, you still don't understand that I'm not saying all isekai/reincarnation is bad. Agrippa explained what I was saying perfectly, and I know for a fact you read it because you reacted with a facepalm before it got deleted. To reiterate, I'm criticizing the fact that most isekai these days follow a very noticeable formula. And it's the sameness between these stories that makes it feel overused, and not the tropes or genre individually.
I talked about the age demographic and escapism to highlight the fact that isekai could be about anything, but for some reasons, it's almost always about some "relatable" high school or college-age dude collecting super important people and being showered in praise. And it's hard to deny that it looks a lot like escapism when most of the protagonists are socially awkward dudes who's only good point is their videogame or everyday knowledge and being a "nice guy." Yes, there are exceptions, but I'm not talking about the exceptions. I'm talking about why a lot of people are tired of seeing isekai. If that isn't something of interest to you, you can feel free to talk about something else. But don't twist my words to fit your narrative.
you see argument where there's none and look to find fault while using incomplete or vaguely related knowledge and take litteraly everything said as an insult (even joke T_T)
Bro, you spent a paragraph talking about your mom bashing on your anime/manga hobbies and then said my post "reeks" of anti-videogame sentiments. Twice. On top of the things I pointed out at the top of this post. You didn't even tell me what you didn't like about my post. You just attacked my character. If that's your way of joking, I strongly encourage you to keep that humor to you and your friends.
normaly no one die after a conversation and when it end your not even forced to agree on everything you could even be disagreeing on everything if it's what your opinion is ... so what you took out of my first comment was ... a subject nothing else then anwsered it with nothing except negativity and incomplete knoledge ... to that i choose to point what i know is incomplete and what i thing is incorect i tried to be the clearer i could so that you would understand there was no ill will behind it but i've clearly failled to get through to you, so i aslo think there's no reason to keep trying if we can't exchange anything it's pointless
Honest to god, I thought we were on the same side as you when I was replying. I still have no idea why you took offense to what I was saying because I never said all isekai was bad. I was explaining why bad isekai was bad. I can't comment on the stuff you read because I've never read them. What part of anything I said sounded negative to you? What "incomplete knowledge" am I supposedly claiming? You keep saying I'm being an asshole or whatever, but you never clearly identify what it is I'm saying that lead you to think that. Hell, in your reply, you said:
What negative approach? What could I have possibly said that would make you think escapism = bad? I said it's "very popular at the moment." How about we start from there?
Edit: One other thing, I'm having a hard time following what you're trying to say. You don't capitalize, you don't punctuate, and you frequently make spelling mistakes. Please make a stronger effort to write in full sentences and spell check before sending a message.

Last edited:
  • Haha

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
the second part is more interesting, but again you state fact that are not complete, isekai for grown adult do exist and don't have teenager protagonist or cheat start to collect a harem while saving the world after having been a recluse for half his short life, aslo while they aren't much better than the classic most of the time there's aslo the story for teenager with shit mc thrown in the mud and steped on (only one of those i've seen was coherent with mc achieving his goal and still ending dead in a miserable way :3)

if you want to try something else than the usual isekai on a quality level, in manga for teen, the berserker rise to greatness is a well writen story and while t use lot of trope it use then in a manner than is good enough to kill time and have a good laugh, then still a manga but with a white collar mc tondemono skill de isekai hourou meshi, if you are ok with chinese and korean art i can recomend other isekai that are more for grown people i'd say the second coming of glutony, the setting is vaguely similar to gantz in all it's raw description of random people thrown into a survival game isekai, you sould try second life ranker at least to see there is isekai aimed to grown man and not child or man-child

if you see the difference between me spiting at shit isekai and you (we basicly think the same about most isekai for teen) you notice that i don't close the door to it and keep an open mind and sometime find something interesting so saying all of it is shit with recycled trope only aimed at teenager IS pesimistic that's where the negativity i'm speacking about come from, you don't speack of what's good, so you get blind to half the fact how can you judge bad if nothing is good to give a reference to grade it ? in the end the final opinion is still yours but if you still don't like it after trying the story i spoke about then maybe you should try to nuance your comment or just say you don't like any of those you've read because you don't feel anyconnection to the protagonistif

if you count virtual reality as a sort of isekai, toaru ossan no vrmmo is an ok story, the legendary moonlight sculptor is aslo an interesting one and ad the close combat mage to the list and you have some story good enough to read not aimed exclusively to teen there's a lot of other good or bad just when you look tem up be sure to make your search with enough tag to have less teen story

• Haha

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
the second part is more interesting, but again you state fact that are not complete, isekai for grown adult do exist and don't have teenager protagonist or cheat start to collect a harem while saving the world after having been a recluse for half his short life, aslo while they aren't much better than the classic most of the time there's aslo the story for teenager with shit mc thrown in the mud and steped on (only one of those i've seen was coherent with mc achieving his goal and still ending dead in a miserable way :3)
I'm feel like I'm repeating myself here...
I still have no idea why you took offense to what I was saying because I never said all isekai was bad. I was explaining why bad isekai was bad.
Yes, there are exceptions, but I'm not talking about the exceptions. I'm talking about why a lot of people are tired of seeing isekai. If that isn't something of interest to you, you can feel free to talk about something else. But don't twist my words to fit your narrative.
You accuse me of claiming that isekai can't be good one more time and you're going on my ignore list.

if you want to try something else than the usual isekai on a quality level, in manga for teen, the berserker rise to greatness is a well writen story and while t use lot of trope it use then in a manner than is good enough to kill time and have a good laugh, then still a manga but with a white collar mc tondemono skill de isekai hourou meshi, if you are ok with chinese and korean art i can recomend other isekai that are more for grown people i'd say the second coming of glutony, the setting is vaguely similar to gantz in all it's raw description of random people thrown into a survival game isekai, you sould try second life ranker at least to see there is isekai aimed to grown man and not child or man-child

if you see the difference between me spiting at shit isekai and you (we basicly think the same about most isekai for teen) you notice that i don't close the door to it and keep an open mind and sometime find something interesting so saying all of it is shit with recycled trope only aimed at teenager IS pesimistic that's where the negativity i'm speacking about come from, you don't speack of what's good, so you get blind to half the fact how can you judge bad if nothing is good to give a reference to grade it ? in the end the final opinion is still yours but if you still don't like it after trying the story i spoke about then maybe you should try to nuance your comment or just say you don't like any of those you've read because you don't feel anyconnection to the protagonistif
I never claimed to have never read good isekai. You came to that conclusion on your own. I am also not looking for recommendations. Please stop listing them.
You accuse me of claiming that isekai can't be good one more time and you're going on my ignore list.
I'm not going to say this a third time.

• Haha

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
I'm feel like I'm repeating myself here...

I never claimed to have never read good isekai. You came to that conclusion on your own. I am also not looking for recommendations. Please stop listing them.
I'm not going to say this a third time.
it's you that is ignoring yourself and claiming stuff while interpreting what is said to you, we where speacking of recent isekai not all time ><
you say isekai are shit nowadays that only rely on overused trope to sell that's what i call half knowledge, now you state that you know there's actualy good isekai that are recent, so you know about them but only comment about the bad one, that the reason i was saying your knowledge seemed incomplete and thought you genuinely had not the chance to find the good one among the trash
too bad you are not interested in recomendation, it's seem like an interesting part of a conversation between people who like to read :S (if you have some good or comicaly bad recomendation i'm open to try for both, always nice finding some good one and the comicaly bad ... well they are fun in another way like the mecha anime a couple years back that had the cheapest mix of fake 3d/low grade 2d animation ^^)

and i'm going to repeat myself because it's important : saying half of what you know and only the pesismistic part is using incomplete knowledge and being pesimistic, which could lead people to believe you did not either have the full understanding on the subject or rejected it, you are asking people to interpret what you say the wrong way all on your own

• Haha

SutekiSenpai

Feb 15, 2021
ben akeba and Ferghus,

Can you guys shut the fuck up and go fight somewhere else? We're not interested in you lover's quarrel. Jesus fucking christ when are you two gonna kiss?

Sincerely, the rest of the people who're watching this thread.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
ben akeba and Ferghus,

Can you guys shut the fuck up and go fight somewhere else? We're not interested in you lover's quarrel. Jesus fucking christ when are you two gonna kiss?

Sincerely, the rest of the people who're watching this thread.
No worries, I'm done.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
been playing da game blind
got stuck here
im ok w MTL
It's related to the minigame in which the solution is found here or maybe here

Anyways, did a quick replace and mtled those untranslated lines, also replaced the bugged hero name to just Hero instead. Use at your own risk, not tested, tell me if it broke something.

Last edited:
Reactions: mercedesizbest