Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
If hilstara is permanent disable she change harem panel group?
Reborn? Nothing we know it's leading in that direction, a more viable way is remove the soul shard from her and replace with a divine shard.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
If hilstara is permanent disable she change harem panel group?
Reborn? Nothing we know it's leading in that direction, a more viable way is remove the soul shard from her and replace with a divine shard.
You make a good counter point with Hilstaria and I have to agree you might be right there, but I really don't understand what you mean by just giving her a divine shard.
Esthra's problem isn't living forever as an incubus king, it's living forever. And getting to live forever as a goddess won't really solve her problem. In fact it won't affect her problem at all.
Esthra wants to die. The end. No amount of words from Simon or tower revelations will make her decide that she wants to live. She see's herself as too old and too stubborn to change.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
You make a good counter point with Hilstaria and I have to agree you might be right there, but I really don't understand what you mean by just giving her a divine shard.
Esthra's problem isn't living forever as an incubus king, it's living forever. And getting to live forever as a goddess won't really solve her problem. In fact it won't affect her problem at all.
Esthra wants to die. The end. No amount of words from Simon or tower revelations will make her decide that she wants to live. She see's herself as too old and too stubborn to change.
esthera problem is live forever as shardholder. the shard push trough dominance e dominance alone. if you can done only one thing for decades or centuries will bore you to death, litteral. esthera don't want simply die, want die with one dominate her, but the only one can dominate a shardholder is a shardholder of greater power, and this will result in the death of the minor one. (thus her death wish)

in the "vault dialogue": I want to tie people up, yes. But sometimes I want to be the one tied up.

in dialogue with riala in stenai: "I really, really enjoy dominating people. But truthfully, it gets old. The shards strike me as... fundamentally monotonous, compared to a healthy sex life. I don't know how so many Incubus Kings don't become bored and kill themselves."

a divine shard don't force her toward dominance or submission, leaving her free to enjoing a full life (and after living for so long a monotonous life will be quite a boost in her wish to live)

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
esthera problem is live forever as shardholder. the shard push trough dominance e dominance alone. if you can done only one thing for decades or centuries will bore you to death, litteral. esthera don't want simply die, want die with one dominate her, but the only one can dominate a shardholder is a shardholder of greater power, and this will result in the death of the minor one. (thus her death wish)

in the "vault dialogue": I want to tie people up, yes. But sometimes I want to be the one tied up.

in dialogue with riala in stenai: "I really, really enjoy dominating people. But truthfully, it gets old. The shards strike me as... fundamentally monotonous, compared to a healthy sex life. I don't know how so many Incubus Kings don't become bored and kill themselves."

a divine shard don't force her toward dominance or submission, leaving her free to enjoing a full life (and after living for so long a monotonous life will be quite a boost in her wish to live)
That's an impressive recollection of the game, but I feel as if you missed about 45 other quotes that are heavily AGAINST Esthra wanting to live forever in any form.

She isn't just bored, she isn't just tired, she want to die. All that keeps her going is the idea that she doesn't want someone she hates gets the better of her. She is going on because she has a light at the end of the tunnel, Simon ruler of the world and her daughter safe with him. She can be content to die then.

And even if she DOES live past the point of Simon's ultimate victory what does she do? Go back to Orgasmic Empire for another millennia ruling it forever watching her citizen's and children age to death over and over and over and over and over and over again forever?

Who knows maybe we both have a piece of it and she does get reborn by removing her incubus shard and getting a divine one. Maybe she becomes the same young rebel succubus who she was all those years ago. Who knows.

But if you think that she is just going to remove her incubus shard and just carry non suddenly grossly happy about immortality, I really have to disagree.

Reactions: congamensch

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
Yeah, I'm with Waxer on this one. Esthera's just plain tired, or at least that's the vibe I got from her. She's lived long past the time when she could have had any hope, lived long past the point where 'life' turned into 'existence'. It's why I've got the suspicion that the likelihood of her meeting a Death End actually increases along with her affection towards Simon- if she likes him and thinks highly of her abilities, she can leave the world with a clear conscience, while if she hates his guts, she'll stick around to make sure Simon doesn't destroy the world or something.

That said, I DO think there's a ray of hope- assuming Simon manages to make his succubi immortal, not just long-lived, and assuming Nalili is fully mature and loves Simon, there is a possibility that Esthera might find meaning in just having a family. Hell, maybe the likelihood of her staying around is determined not just by how many harem members love Simon, but how many could be made immortal- and thus, could become part of the family she never had. Cheesy, I know, but I'm a super cheesy guy, sue me :p

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
That's an impressive recollection of the game, but I feel as if you missed about 45 other quotes that are heavily AGAINST Esthra wanting to live forever in any form.
where? because I remember none, that couple of quote are the most clear. But she always speak about who the shard change her life utterly and how tiresome her life became of that.

Who knows maybe we both have a piece of it and she does get reborn by removing her incubus shard and getting a divine one. Maybe she becomes the same young rebel succubus who she was all those years ago. Who knows.

But if you think that she is just going to remove her incubus shard and just carry non suddenly grossly happy about immortality, I really have to disagree.
this isn't I said. But I never see any hint about reborn, reincarnation o similar thing, compared of that replace esthera soul shard with a divine is more probable. I think they will find a system to change reality enough to let esthera be free to pursuit what her want, instead the only dominance.

Reactions: Waxer

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
where? because I remember none, that couple of quote are the most clear. But she always speak about who the shard change her life utterly and how tiresome her life became of that.

this isn't I said. But I never see any hint about reborn, reincarnation o similar thing, compared of that replace esthera soul shard with a divine is more probable. I think they will find a system to change reality enough to let esthera be free to pursuit what her want, instead the only dominance.
"Free to pursuit what she wants" Bro, what she wants is to die.

I'm not as great with finding quotes as you are but here is what I found on short notice, this is post the most recent war.
Simon, (Parahrasing) "Are you sad you didn't die in a explosion of cascading shards?"
Empress: "I bet you wish I came to an Epiphany about the value of life but...yeah, you got it exactly right.

This is on the last day of the Orgasmic Empire.

Empress: You once asked me what I wanted and I didn't answer, I'll answer now. I am weary of this life and of the status quo Now that my daughter is in safe hands....I want it to be over, all of it. But I can't stomach any of those assholes getting the best of me...
Simon: I don't think it has to be that way, There are ways to resolve this and you have other options.
Empress: I don't Simon it's to late to change what I am.
Simon: Let me try to prove you wrong.
Empress:...

Empress and Nalia conversation during the Ariship negotiations.

Empress: I'm to old to be polite girl. You need to understand I've seen a lot of my children die. I started to feel disconnected with everything and I...wanted to try one last time You.

Look I respect your point but I think you aren't looking deep enough into her words. Yes she hates the domination prevalent in the shards, BUT removing her shard won't remove the problem from the world.

Think of the curse of Immortality without Invincibility. An immortal can never just drift off peacefully to sleep at the end of a full life surrounded by happy grand kids. They can ONLY be murdered. Dark shard, light shard, that won't change things.

You've implicated that the incubus shards are the ONLY source of the domination aspect of the world that Empress has grown so tired of but you're wrong. Even IF Simon collects all the dark shards and stops everyone ELSE from every finding one, there will still be people like Estavan. Mage's who bumble there way through the tower and find themselves with great enough power to be a threat. Or hell, great power isn't even needed- Esthra knows first hand that with the right amount of luck and determination even a lowly rebel succubus can overthrow a god.

Now you might be thinking that "Oh well by the end of the game Simon and his Harem will be so all powerful that it doesn't matter who tries to oppose him he'll just win." And you might be right. Simon will be able to defeat the first challenger trying to kill him. And he'll probably kill the second, and the third and the fourth.

But here's the thing, Simon needs to win everytime, and THEY only need to win once. And when you live forever that means THEY get an infinite number of chances.

Got a bit off topic there but I hope I well enough conveyed my meaning to what I think Esthra's mindset on the future would be. She been facing off against challengers and rebels for hundreds if not THOUSANDS of years. And each on of those challengers had the potential to kill/enslave her, destroy her country, and enslave her people.

And after All those long, long years she has found an out. Her one out to cheat the game of domination. Instead of a cruel murder at the hands of an enemy, she can set her burdens down and die in a blissful orgasm resting peacefully knowing that her country and her last child will be safe in the hands of a man she loves.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I will say this, no one knows whats going to happen except Sierra. There have been instances where the dialog had you believing one thing but the opposite happened. And there are things I didn't think would be in the game, such as Wendy being found in the void and getting to continue living in the real world. (I say Wendy because I found how that whole thing played out to be interesting)

It is interesting to get different views on how players feel, or what they think could occur. And all are possible! The tough part is waiting for enough updates to resume playing the game. Not really a fan of downloading most recent update only to get a few quests. But Sierra seem to do a good job at packing a lot of material in monthly updates.

Reactions: Tyrantnyx and Waxer

Simonx69

Oct 10, 2017
Does anyone know how to advance in adford. I seem to be stuck with no way to advance. Cant seem to find my personal room.

Last edited:

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Does anyone know how to advance in adford. I seem to be stuck with no way to advance. Cant seem to find my personal room.
Go to the row of rooms on the top -- right -- first room, of the castle. (Each has row of 3 rooms).

Use the walkthru if you wish, to help out on the tasks you have, the very top has a list of Quests which you 'show' or 'hide' there listed by Chapter.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
does he decide to end his life and prevent anyone else from taking over? (personally I would be good with that, honorable way to die, after creating a stable and better world)
That's too cliche.

Seen that too many times. Hero dies to stop people claiming that power.

Personally i'd like to see him as the real lustlord. The goddesses and him.

Reactions: Re-4Andrew

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
That's too cliche.

Seen that too many times. Hero dies to stop people claiming that power.

Personally i'd like to see him as the real lustlord. The goddesses and him.
THe dialog leads to that happening, but at the same time because the dialog continues to mention from members of Simon's harem to non members, he has shaped the Shard(s) around his soul, and the Shard(s) isn't shaping him, seems to good to be true. I haven't come across any games (like those listed on F95) where the protagonist dies after setting the world right, but in TLS Simon may or may not decide to do just that.

Phantombeast

Feb 6, 2018
Q1. does the cache excavation investment (Yhilin Mines) disappear during Megail's route or is it fine not to rush it during the "first round of investments" ?

Q2. is it possible to threaten or negotiate with the bartender who crafts access papers to Eustrin after reading the quest flyer ? (here i can't recall whether u get a "yes or no" window when he offers the deal)

Q3. how the world do u convince the thieves? (sry i forgot what their problem was) in the bounty hunter quest to surrender ?
(i only tried to lead the running chibi:D to the bounty hunter building n stopped em right in front of the door but still emerged in a fight ... i almost took em to the dwarves out of curiosity! God:rolleyes:)

thx in adnvance guys

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
Q1. does the cache excavation investment (Yhilin Mines) disappear during Megail's route or is it fine not to rush it during the "first round of investments" ?

Q2. is it possible to threaten or negotiate with the bartender who crafts access papers to Eustrin after reading the quest flyer ? (here i can't recall whether u get a "yes or no" window when he offers the deal)

Q3. how the world do u convince the thieves? (sry i forgot what their problem was) in the bounty hunter quest to surrender ?
(i only tried to lead the running chibi:D to the bounty hunter building n stopped em right in front of the door but still emerged in a fight ... i almost took em to the dwarves out of curiosity! God:rolleyes:)

thx in adnvance guys
A1.It's not available for Megail's route, but will come back one more time when you get Simon back.

A2.No, but you can talk to the bounty guy and he will give you a free pass if you turn in 10,000 worth of bounties.

A3. Wow, never heard of anyone trying to run them somewhere but unfortunately your efforts were in vain. You can capture them alive if you dominated Varia.

Reactions: Phantombeast

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
You can capture them alive if you dominated Varia.
How does that go, out of curiosity? I've always reshaped Varia*, so I've never seen how that plays out.

*Incidentally, this is one of the things I love about TLS. Mind control is actually a fetish of mine, but I've never done it in this game because it doesn't really seem like a Simon thing to do; it just feels wrong to pick those choices.

And while we're on the subject (also because I'm curious), were there any situations in TLS that made you uncomfortable, sexual or otherwise? Me, I was never into the way Nalili and Robin's routes went, mostly because I'm not really into incest stuff. Not knocking it if anyone here is, you do you, nor am I shitting on Sierra trying to include that content. It's just that the thought of shagging a family member is kinda gross to me, and Nalili calling me 'Daddy' seriously creeped me the fuck out; I couldn't spacebar past the scenes fast enough. That's just me though- again, not trying to give the finger to anyone who does like that sort of thing.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
How does that go, out of curiosity? I've always reshaped Varia*, so I've never seen how that plays out.

*Incidentally, this is one of the things I love about TLS. Mind control is actually a fetish of mine, but I've never done it in this game because it doesn't really seem like a Simon thing to do; it just feels wrong to pick those choices.

And while we're on the subject (also because I'm curious), were there any situations in TLS that made you uncomfortable, sexual or otherwise? Me, I was never into the way Nalili and Robin's routes went, mostly because I'm not really into incest stuff. Not knocking it if anyone here is, you do you, nor am I shitting on Sierra trying to include that content. It's just that the thought of shagging a family member is kinda gross to me, and Nalili calling me 'Daddy' seriously creeped me the fuck out; I couldn't spacebar past the scenes fast enough. That's just me though- again, not trying to give the finger to anyone who does like that sort of thing.
I've only ever done one dominated route for Varia, but from memory I think Varia blows the bandits and you knock them out afterwards.

And to answer your other question on what has made me extremely uncomfortable...my dominated Varia run. I had to stop playing that route multiple times. I mean it starts off in letting someone I grew attached to in other routes being violently gang raped.

I was expecting that however, what was far more stomach churning for me was a little bit latter on where dominated Varia calmly explains to Simon all the times she attempted to kill herself.

Each time her 'luck' physically prevented her. The ropes PLURAL ropes she attempted hang herself with all broke. And she found through trial and error that slitting her wrists was the only way she could do it, yet she could never go through with it.

Yeah, fucked up.

• Wow
Reactions: congamensch

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Not into that kind off thing but always pick 'reshaping' don't know why tho, its just a game but I agree it doesn't seem to be Simon's thing to dominating someones mind. Both seem to have advantages as you play on and encounter certain tasks.

It would (maybe it is) interesting side effect of dominating, it allows the shard(s) to take over bits of Simon's soul/mind!

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
Yeah, fucked up.
:oops: No fucking kidding, holy shit. That's some dark stuff there, what the fuck.

Not into that kind off thing but always pick 'reshaping' don't know why tho, its just a game but I agree it doesn't seem to be Simon's thing to dominating someones mind. Both seem to have advantages as you play on and encounter certain tasks.
Yeah, what can i say? Fetishes are fetishes, man. But yeah, even if TLS handed out free blowjobs with every domination option taken, I wouldn't go for it.

It would (maybe it is) interesting side effect of dominating, it allows the shard(s) to take over bits of Simon's soul/mind!
That kind of behaviour is the sort of thing the typical shard-bearer would do, isn't it? Fuck, that's a depressing thought, having the shard take over Simon then.

Reactions: Re-4Andrew

muchacho

Jul 19, 2017
Sometime in distant future RPGM game designers will be aware that wandering NPCs block corridors if those are only one tile wight. But not yet. I have to be patient.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Sometime in distant future RPGM game designers will be aware that wandering NPCs block corridors if those are only one tile wight. But not yet. I have to be patient.
Yeah, sometimes you just have to wait a few seconds for them to move out of the way, there have been times where the Dev has them set to move only for them to stand there and get stuck. There should be some type of script written into every NPC where you can hit an Function key to move them.

4.40 star(s) 178 Votes