falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
That's much shorter than a normal update. Must be lots of background work happening, setting up for the next updates.

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
Yeah, I asked Sierra about it and she said it was just cleanup for the chapter we've just done, and it seemed to be the natural place to stop. Won't stop me from downloading 0.46 when it does come out for us freeloaders though- I want those 5 minutes of story. Not even joking.

shadowkat

Jan 15, 2018
LUL I can understand, but I'm willing to wait on it I think. Come next week I might grab it out of habit, but for now I'm willing to wait. :D

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I think the Chosen are the leftovers of a process that's supposed to create Ginastas
Both the Chosen and Ginasta seemed linked to the void, I wouldn't be surprised if Simon finds Hester there at some point! Maybe Chapter 5? Hester has ridiculous powers which was seen during the 3rd war, how does she have this power? However that power was of little use against an Incubus King, it did work against his minions.

gimme

Aug 6, 2016
Any tips for research order in chapter 4? I've read some old posts about it but I'm not sure how much has changed since I last played (Gawnfall).

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
Is there a way to edit the ProN variable?
It should be like any other RPGMaker variable in Cheat Engine (*2+1, basically). Failing that, there should be RPGMaker save editors out there that should help.

Any tips for research order in chapter 4? I've read some old posts about it but I'm not sure how much has changed since I last played (Gawnfall).
Honestly, they're all so good I'd suggest just cheating them in:p Honestly, TLS is one of the few games where I can cheat with a clear conscience- after all, Simon's philosophy seems to be that so long as someone has the power to do good and help the greater part of one's people, there's a moral imperative to use that power. See, I'm not really cheating!

Reij

Jun 22, 2018
Is there a way to edit the ProN variable?
RPG Maker Save Edit or SaveEditOnline. ID: 10
Also, check out the wiki for TLS. They have a page for cheating with various values already found as well as a list of the game's reactions if it notices you cheating (such as: If you try to get an investment that requires an impossible amount of ProN, the game creator will encourage you not to cheat at this part ("Think of the economic stuff as part of the plot!") ).

edit: congamensch's method works too, the wiki also gives you instructions on how to create a RPG VX type search in Cheat Engine so you don't have to do math every time you're looking for a new value. Not like it's hard math, but if you're going to be doing it often, might as well streamline the process.

mncub31

Nov 1, 2017
I hope the next update or two SL finishes the Headquarters and other aesthetics. Specifically, I'm really curious to see the Harems' private quarters on the bottom floor. I've also invested in the Stineford succubi's tower as well as the water cleanup project in Gasm Falls. Just a couple investments wouldn't mind seeing the payoff for (really wanna see GREEN Gasm Falls!). Not trying to gripe much; it's just that there a LOT of aesthetic details that have seemed to been put on the back burner or even are just being forgotten about. It's enough that I can't imagine I'm the only one whose noticed.

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
I know how you feel- I live in eternal hope for the day when I can visit the little house that one succubus couple in Stineford want to buy.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
depend about the status of your game, your aim and other thing.
a general rule base defense are a waste of research slot, don't grant any unique reward, opportunity or other thing, just a boost of your HQ stats (anything not needed for anything outsuide a counple of special potions) an two tower front in the erosia invasion.

effect in the erosia prelude (only the first research selected had an impact, no effect for the second started):
* unpeople transformation: let heal dari (if you are done the unpeople research in chapter 3) and allow her join if her rp are enough. it'is a harem member +1, girl locked +1 (for fucklord confrontation) and ginasta rp +2
* sex-purity research: it's only a ginasta rp +5
* orc diversification: change one"no" vote in a "yes" in the hall of order votation, e increase tak'kan score and thus the possibility of another "yes" from cee'kan vote.

effect in the synod:
* Unpeople trasformation: starting the research (third slot) is a unpeople motion -2 if you let robin speak, -3 if the research is complete (second slot), let heal dari (if you are done the unpeople research in chapter 3) and allow her join if her rp are enough. if joined it's another -2 unpeople motion if robin speak and a yarra frustration +1
* Sex-purity research: if started (third slot) it's a succubi joined motion +3 if you let riala talk, if the research is complete it's a motion +5, if the succubi are rejected and if research started or complete let you ask kerannii for voting a diverging church or a new religion.
* orc diversification: if complete it's a hester score +1 during the vote for let the succubi join or reject by the church

effect in the erosian invasion:
* unpeople trasformation: let heal dari (if you are done the unpeople research in chapter 3) and allow her join if her rp are enough. if joined she help translating between the strange warriors and ghenalese army, it's a ghenalese assist +3 (+2 in the first ghenalese section and +1 in the second.)
* Sex-Purity Research: if completed grant a ghenalon assist +1 if you talk with the ghenalese mage near the banner/ward
* orc diversification: if completed grant a boost for your army (size +5, quality +3)
* Base Defense: if completed give tower front +2 at the start of the section
* Tower Delving: if started grant a tower front +1 at the start of the section
* Demonic research: if started grant a ghenalon assist +2 if you talk with the ghenalese mage near the banner/ward
* Magic construct: if started grant a sabitha rp +2 in the talk with her in the palace after the final fight

Last edited:
Reactions: Re-4Andrew

gimme

Aug 6, 2016
Thanks for the breakdown. Base related research does seem less useful. I can probably make up for the stats there with base investments. I think I'll go with Unpeople Transformation > Purity > Diversification to start with.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
I hope the next update or two SL finishes the Headquarters and other aesthetics. Specifically, I'm really curious to see the Harems' private quarters on the bottom floor. I've also invested in the Stineford succubi's tower as well as the water cleanup project in Gasm Falls. Just a couple investments wouldn't mind seeing the payoff for (really wanna see GREEN Gasm Falls!). Not trying to gripe much; it's just that there a LOT of aesthetic details that have seemed to been put on the back burner or even are just being forgotten about. It's enough that I can't imagine I'm the only one whose noticed.
Sorry to tell you this but SL has stated she never intends to show the harem quarters.

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
Yeah, I'm guessing they're p. much there just so pedantic nerds (e.g. me and people like me) don't say things like "Hurr there aren't enough beds/beds aren't big enough for Simon and his harem! MY IMMERSION!". It's a pity though, I do agree. A personally customized bedroom for each harem member would've been pretty cool- but in turn, that's a whole lotta workload for very little gain.

Mind you, IIRC Sierra said that there'd never be any art for TLS, and look where we are now. A lot can change in the years to come, after all. So... I guess prepare for the (somewhat) worst and hope for the best?

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
What was the point of them then? Anything else in the game she said she'll deliberately ignore?
I think this might just be one of those things that would be better alluded to but not actually shown. I mean what were you hoping to find, a room full of shields for Hilstaria, a room full of whips for yarra, a room full of books for Robin? I feel like if there actually were 32 separate rooms that we had to navigate through taking up space in the castle then it'd honestly be a little disappointing.
I prefer the current approach, the castle is small but compact with things and each character still adds there influence in it. Balia gets her orc room, Carina has her shrine, the mages and non combatant have there library. I don't really know what 32 rooms with beds in them will add.

But that's just my own opinion, if you think there is a good argument to add the harem chambers or some other rooms in the castle then do please share it here, or better yet with SL on the public blog. I can't count the number of times I've seen SL work her ass off to make the game better based on fan comments. Updating dialogue, reworking dungeons, re balancing enemies, Hell on her patron for 0.46 released Friday I asked her if she ever considered adding a high damage training orc to our base to test defense and healing strategies, and she implemented it today in version 0.46.1.

Trust me, ask about Harem chambers and she'll listen. She might not do it, but she'll definitely hear you out.

Acidcola

Nov 2, 2018
I think this might just be one of those things that would be better alluded to but not actually shown. I mean what were you hoping to find, a room full of shields for Hilstaria, a room full of whips for yarra, a room full of books for Robin? I feel like if there actually were 32 separate rooms that we had to navigate through taking up space in the castle then it'd honestly be a little disappointing.
Besides, the game itself makes a stab at this in a certain 5Mil dungeon, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: falafelswoop
4.40 star(s) 178 Votes