ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
A bit unusual to not have a single sex scene to show the art. Are they any good?

D

Deleted member 59977

A bit unusual to not have a single sex scene to show the art. Are they any good?
I personally dont play this game for the sex scenes simply because this game does not need them to be good. The writing, story and worldbuilding is far better than most AAA rpgs I have played. It starts of simple but it evolves into so much more. Do yourself a favor and try it out it is really good.

If you are asking about the sex scenes themselves yeah I think they are well written but like I said I dont play this game for the sex.

Wugga

Aug 6, 2016
The sex part of the game is honestly secondary to the story. As mentioned the scenes are text based for now and quite good with a good sense of the personality of the people involved. Honestly if you haven't played I highly suggest come in with the idea of wanting to play a great game rather than something you can jerk off to. Hell if they removed the sex scenes the game would still be 4 to 4.5 stars in my opinion.

Reactions: Snugglepuff

drestaprit

Jan 28, 2019
So I just finished the gathering where you play as the succubus and Orcent, I'm not sure what percentage I am into the game at this point, but I was just wondering if it gets any less.... linear? Like, I'm not expecting Dragon Age level of story branching or character choices, but I very much feel that this is too linear of a game and often feel forced to play a character I don't necessarily want to play, making decisions I don't necessarily agree with. Honestly, I have a lot that I don't like about Simon (*huge rant below), but my main gripe is that he doesn't come off as very "Sovereign" to me, I'm honestly given the impression that he's manipulated into about 75% of the things he does by the succubus, while somehow making it seem as if it was his plan all along (which reminds me of a certain skeleton...)

Hell, even if I could get a bit more choice in as far as who I can party with and what sort of allies I get to align myself with would be good. I think I saw a small glimpse of that later on in the game where you had the option of recruiting a violent psychopathic orc (I think it was called butcher or something) into your party, or to kill him, but haven't seen to much more of that since.

*** RANT ***

I'm also getting a lot of Gerry Stue vibes from him early on, he's got god-like intelligence and somehow good at basically everything he does, be it politics, economics, warfare, you name it, he's got some form of crazy insight or machiavellian scheme. He doesn't really seem to have to work for very much of anything, or even need to delegate to others all that often (with some exceptions when it comes to say Robin). Looking through history, there is the rare individual like this, e.g. Cesere Borgia, Napolean, etc., but to me it doesn't make sense how Simon, with all of these qualities, never rose above the position of a mere middle aged... what was he supposed to be? Trainer? Mercenary for hire? Babysitter? Working for a pittance for a morally and theologically vague religion of some sort, babysitting some dude who is a lot stronger then you, more sadistic and dangerous then the enemies that you are supposed to be fighting, and has the mental capacity of a 5 year old. Why? Also what in the fuck is that religion supposed to be about? It sure isn't about chastity or purity or some shit, they're literally raping a succubus right next door to their place or worship, like, how are they any different then the demon lord dude?

Now back to Simom, so suddenly one day he is conveniently granted the god like power to be a good lay in bed, and only then does he decide to use his masterful talents? Sorry, I just don't find that very realistic, especially considering most of the NPCs in this world are basically retards who can't seem to stop fucking eachother for five minutes. Frankly, I think this would have been a more believable story if instead of being granted incubus powers, Simon was that rare individual in this world that finally manages to abstain from the degenerate pleasures of getting fucked in the ass by an orc or getting your russle jimmied by a succubs, and goes on a 100 no-fap streak to unlock his hidden potential of not being a fuck-brained cum guzzling semen demon. But no, instead, in order escape the fuckening in the world where clearly most of the problems are caused by people fucking, you must be the biggest fucker who ever fucked and slay all the puss.

My initial impression of the synopsis was that the main character would be subverting the tropes and the system at large, not becoming a bigger cog in it. While this is still a fun game in it's own right, it has not quite met my expectations thus far. I don't really what I was really expecting more from a smut game.

Last edited:

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
So I just finished the gathering where you play as the succubus and Orcent, I'm not sure what percentage I am into the game at this point, but I was just wondering if it gets any less.... linear? Like, I'm not expecting Dragon Age level of story branching or character choices, but I very much feel that this is too linear of a game and often feel forced to play a character I don't necessarily want to play, making decisions I don't necessarily agree with. Honestly, I have a lot that I don't like about Simon (*huge rant below), but my main gripe is that he doesn't come off as very "Sovereign" to me, I'm honestly given the impression that he's manipulated into about 75% of the things he does by the succubus, while somehow making it seem as if it was his plan all along (which reminds me of a certain skeleton...)

Hell, even if I could get a bit more choice in as far as who I can party with and what sort of allies I get to align myself with would be good. I think I saw a small glimpse of that later on in the game where you had the option of recruiting a violent psychopathic orc (I think it was called butcher or something) into your party, or to kill him, but haven't seen to much more of that since.

*** RANT ***

I'm also getting a lot of Gerry Stue vibes from him early on, he's got god-like intelligence and somehow good at basically everything he does, be it politics, economics, warfare, you name it, he's got some form of crazy insight or machiavellian scheme. He doesn't really seem to have to work for very much of anything, or even need to delegate to others all that often (with some exceptions when it comes to say Robin). Looking through history, there is the rare individual like this, e.g. Cesere Borgia, Napolean, etc., but to me it doesn't make sense how Simon, with all of these qualities, never rose above the position of a mere middle aged... what was he supposed to be? Trainer? Mercenary for hire? Babysitter? Working for a pittance for a morally and theologically vague religion of some sort, babysitting some dude who is a lot stronger then you, more sadistic and dangerous then the enemies that you are supposed to be fighting, and has the mental capacity of a 5 year old. Why? Also what in the fuck is that religion supposed to be about? It sure isn't about chastity or purity or some shit, they're literally raping a succubus right next door to their place or worship, like, how are they any different then the demon lord dude?

Now back to Simom, so suddenly one day he is conveniently granted the god like power to be a good lay in bed, and only then does he decide to use his masterful talents? Sorry, I just don't find that very realistic, especially considering most of the NPCs in this world are basically retards who can't seem to stop fucking eachother for five minutes. Frankly, I think this would have been a more believable story if instead of being granted incubus powers, Simon was that rare individual in this world that finally manages to abstain from the degenerate pleasures of getting fucked in the ass by an orc or getting your russle jimmied by a succubs, and goes on a 100 no-fap streak to unlock his hidden potential of not being a fuck-brained cum guzzling semen demon. But no, instead, in order escape the fuckening in the world where clearly most of the problems are caused by people fucking, you must be the biggest fucker who ever fucked and slay all the puss.

My initial impression of the synopsis was that the main character would be subverting the tropes and the system at large, not becoming a bigger cog in it. While this is still a fun game in it's own right, it has not quite met my expectations thus far. I don't really what I was really expecting more from a smut game.
I duno how you reached the conclusions you have. TLS constantly does subvert the chosen-one trope. Simon keeps winning through a combination of dirty tactics and having the right kinds of people working for him... not because the gods chose him (in fact, many of the gods oppose him). And Simon doesn't have many talents at all. I have no idea why you think he does. He's naturally a standup guy who does right by the people around him and... he swings a sword pretty good... and getting the shard made him a god in bed. That's it. Everything else is the tallents of the people he collects as a result of being a standup guy... not his own. Orcent in the the strategist. Megail the business woman. His daughter the expert on magic. The Queen and Sari are the politicians. Etc etc. And the only NPC in the early game that's like you describe is the Incubus Emperor. His second in command, Iris, is actually an extremely talented administrator who really does care about the succubi and orcs under her command and does a good job of organizing them against the MC and his allies... and the Incubus Emperor's idiocy actually ends up costing them the war because he undermines Iris right when she's about to win... and it lets the "good guys" turn the tables. And then there's the Fuck Lord who is exactly like you describe and that also ends up being his undoing. But there's also the Lustlord, The Empress, and the likely final boss of the game... The Anak. All of which are quite collected and composed and considerably more dangerous for it.

I mean... It's like you played a completely different game. Cause your description of the facts of the game don't line up with the actual facts of the game... never mind anyone's opinion about it.

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
I duno how you reached the conclusions you have. TLS constantly does subvert the chosen-one trope. Simon keeps winning through a combination of dirty tactics and having the right kinds of people working for him... not because the gods chose him (in fact, many of the gods oppose him). And Simon doesn't have many talents at all. I have no idea why you think he does. He's naturally a standup guy who does right by the people around him and... he swings a sword pretty good... and getting the shard made him a god in bed. That's it. Everything else is the tallents of the people he collects as a result of being a standup guy... not his own. Orcent in the the strategist. Megail the business woman. His daughter the expert on magic. The Queen and Sari are the politicians. Etc etc. And the only NPC in the early game that's like you describe is the Incubus Emperor. His second in command, Iris, is actually an extremely talented administrator who really does care about the succubi and orcs under her command and does a good job of organizing them against the MC and his allies... and the Incubus Emperor's idiocy actually ends up costing them the war because he undermines Iris right when she's about to win... and it lets the "good guys" turn the tables. And then there's the Fuck Lord who is exactly like you describe and that also ends up being his undoing. But there's also the Lustlord, The Empress, and the likely final boss of the game... The Anak. All of which are quite collected and composed and considerably more dangerous for it.

I mean... It's like you played a completely different game. Cause your description of the facts of the game don't line up with the actual facts of the game... never mind anyone's opinion about it.
It doesn't sound like he played much into the game. Maybe an hour at most. I doubt he even got to the point of the first big battle.

Reactions: Reij and Wugga
D

Deleted member 1313226

*** RANT ***

While the game is linear - beat the boss, win the battles, win the wars, conclude the summits, etc. - the world you're shaping varies greatly, based on your actions. Is the country you conquered/saved devastated or relatively unscathed? Can you manipulate events so the next ruler is your preferred choice or someone incompetent? Does the religion go into schism or learn to accept other races? Even using the wiki, the choices you make usually have trade-offs, so it's not a simple matter to get the optimal results. In my opinion, that's the ultimate trope the developer is subverting. Making the world a better place isn't as simple as Hero Beats All the Bad Guys and Fucks All the Women, Everyone Lives Happily Ever After.

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
Lots of words here, so the tl;dr of it is that Simon's a protagonist, not a Gary Stu.

Yeah, while Simon has a great deal of general knowledge about the world and its workings, it's less that he's some kind of wunderkind and more that he's almost sixty (at the beginning of the game; as it stands he's since hit the big 6-oh) and he's simply picked up on a lot. Like slitherhence said, Simon's real talent is in leveraging the talents of his harem to accomplish his goals; the Incubus Emperor could have done so much if he'd just listened to Iris instead of trying to see how many donuts he could stack on his cock or whatever he does on a Thursday. Hell, he'd already done a lot, having razed the nation of Givini to the ground and establoished his own fuck kingdom, which is where most H-RPGs seem to settle on. Simon on the other hand is slowly making his way up the ambition pole, testing himself to see just how far his powers can take him, which does seem to be the kind of cautious experimentation an old soldier would engage in.

True, I do agree that Simon seems to be a little passive at the beginning, but that's only because he's up against a politically all-powerful Church and physically-powerful Incubus King (who, despite all other signs, managed to keep said Church at bay at least) at the same time. Can't blame the poor guy for choosing to focus on what he saw as the greater threat because he saw no other way out. Once he became aware that he could do something, that Incubus Kings are made and not born, once he realized that the paradigm wasn't as rigid as he thought- well, we've seen the results.

Then there's the fact that even if he could have accomplished something without his powers, Simon was a little too set in his ways- remember, after the liberation of Yhilin, after he's killed that plotting nobody noblewoman, Simon mused that without the IK powers, he'd be as small-minded as she was, trying to secure the power of a kingdom instead of changing the world and its metaphysical rules. He'd probably had himself set up at a shadow advisor to Janine with Megail as economic advisor and that's that. Only with the power of an Incubus King did he manage to raise an orc army (as most other human assets were tied up ion national and religious political structures, and mercenaries don't make an actual army), treat with other IKs as an equal (albeit behind a mask), and command the necessary fear and respect needed to destabilize the leadership of potential rival organizations long enough to establish himself.

And he could not have done ANY of that without Yarra's insight into how the Incubus King would act, without Megail's economic weight, without Janine's political pull, Sarai's influence in the Church- even his more martially-minded harem members like Aka and Hilstara lent their blades; Simon's military experience means he's a jack of all trades with all that implies, especially once you develop his skills and he starts taking on a more support/control role in battles.

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
It doesn't sound like he played much into the game. Maybe an hour at most. I doubt he even got to the point of the first big battle.
The poster did mention that they've played to the point of Orcent and Yarra at the Gathering, so the Battle of Yhilin's not started yet.

Honestly, I think that there's a lot of confusion between what makes a Mary Sue/Gary Stu and a protagonist; after all, they've got quite a few similarities. Both are characters around whom the story revolves and both are the driving forces for said story. The main difference is that the former is a form of wish fulfilment and the other is, well, a character around whom the story revolves and who is the driving forces for said story. Easy to see how the lines get blurred when the MC gets laid with tons of megababes on the reg, making the comparison kind of unavoidable when you're dealing with a sex game.

That said, what I think separates TLS from other h-games is that each of the heroines is their own woman, whose goals and desires just happen to coincide with Simon's, or are at least not mutually exclusive. Take Ginasta for example; in a more traditional H-game I have no doubt we'd have sexed her up early on. Or hell, Janine- now that took some waiting as well! As far as I can recall, only Megail was forced to have sex with Simon, and it wasn't even his fault. In all other cases Simon was willing to wait until the woman in question gave her consent, move at her own pace, or even force him into things.

So yeah, again- Simon's not a Gary Stu, he's just the ideal protagonist for an h-game, which does make him very Stu-adjacent, not gonna lie.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the only harem members (haremites? Haremettes? Haremii?) who are in it explicitly for Simon's cock, both textually and literally, are Aka, Qum, maybe Hilstara, and three other characters who I won't reveal for fear of spoilers (since drestaprit seems to be new to the game).

Last edited:
Reactions: Reij and Wugga

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017

*** RANT ***

Plenty of comments made already, but with slight spoiler some insight on one of your points above on why Simon never did anything with his life before. His history basically goes, war came when he was fifteen, spent his entire well over two decades and based on Sarai's description did do an incredible amount of good work, but with it came people dying under his 'command' including his wife.
From that point he seemed to retreat back into himself. He adopted a war orphan with an uncanny resemblance to his late wife and spent the next two decades after that raising her.

And since I caught your cheeky overlord reference, I think you can appreciate Simon as being a subversion of The Isekai genre. Usually in these scenarios, the arrival in the new world is completely and utterly clueless and the NPCs or side characters have to spoon feed them the very basics of world politics and economy.
Simon is the opposite. As mentioned by others, no he isn't a god of knowing everything, he's just sixty years old and extremely well traveled in the world.

And to your laugh paragraph, I-I don't know what to tell you. I can accept difference of opinion to what you said before but what were you talking about at the end of the rant? You understand that this IS a NSFW game right. Be pretty fucking boring if our protagonist refused to have sex and had plans to stop the world from having sex.

And no Simon is not another cog in the wheel by becoming yet another sex stupid monster, and No Simon should tried to break the wheel by stopping sex for everyone. To sum it up from Qum, "It's about removing the sad and rapey fucky fucking with happy and friendly fucky fucking.

Nov 11, 2018
I don't care for text-based game cause like most people kinda just wanna beat my meat and move along right well as I progress more and more with the game and read the dialogue I was surprisingly entertained by it to make a long comment short give it a try it was really entertaining and quite interesting that it held my attention without any smut

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
I don't care for text-based game cause like most people kinda just wanna beat my meat and move along right well as I progress more and more with the game and read the dialogue I was surprisingly entertained by it to make a long comment short give it a try it was really entertaining and quite interesting that it held my attention without any smut
I said it before, and I'll say it again:

tls.jpg

4.40 star(s) 178 Votes