Dqslime

Oct 1, 2017
The 2 small spiders are the problem. They both hit twice. Simon usually gets out sped by the big one, so it still gets 1 spray off before being silenced. Haven't got any pins, though.
Hilstara is the only one who needs a pin tbh. Have aka use weakening stab on the small spiders. If you can double stack the buff they’re basically useless. Have Hilstara set up shieldwall first turn and then have her and Simon stun the big one while robin (use lots of fire) and aka pick off the little ones. Use Robin to heal as needed, I believe her heal spell has priority so it should go off first. As long as you don’t move on to the next chapter, you can leave the house at any point to heal up I believe, the spiders don’t respawn. It would also be advisable to get Aka’s custom knife before attempting this just to get that extra bit of damage. Entering this house should be the absolutely last thing you do in Stineford for this chapter. (If Simon gets outsped too often I can’t help with that, I used a walkthrough to maximize exp.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Evangelion-01

Lorddarcian

Aug 9, 2021
I'm stuck in the infested house in chapter 1, can't get to the last bit of loot. Can I return there later in the chapter, or in another chapter, and the shining sword will still be there? Can't beat 3 spiders at once. Done all the other quests in town.
Easiest way simon silences the big spider, aka debuffs small ones rinse and repeat when needed healer of course heals its not easy but not insanely hard either
P.S be sure to do a double debuff for maximum effect with aka

Zoran89

Aug 20, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Found your question precisely because I am currently pondering what to do (;^_^)
Spoilers for early chapter 5
DAMN YOU, Sierra... Why do you have to burden me with these dilemmas!

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Found your question precisely because I am currently pondering what to do (;^_^)
Spoilers for early chapter 5
DAMN YOU, Sierra... Why do you have to burden me with these dilemmas!
i think the shards are free rp gain like the first talk in the reunion section.
the only mechanical change is for trin. she gain two copy slot and can help in a future check. the shard shoulkd be an overkill in that check, but it's checked

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

Zoran89

Aug 20, 2020
i think the shards are free rp gain like the first talk in the reunion section.
the only mechanical change is for trin. she gain two copy slot and can help in a future check. the shard shoulkd be an overkill in that check, but it's checked
That's what I read too, but OTOH that check you mention is one of the reasons why I am worried about my decision here. I've always had this worry that some seemingly insignificant choice might have severe consequences WAY down the line - without me having a possibility of knowing, because said repercussions would only be introduced in a later update, you know?

Tangent aside, even looking at this mechanic-wise doesn't help, since only two of my waifus don't have 100RP, one of which can't reach that mark in the current build (and doesn't accept the shard in the first place), and the other is Carina, who needs to have her 100RP event first. Trin does seem like a good choice, due to straight-up power up that she gets, except I am pretty sure that there were instances where choosing immediate gain resulted in net loss later on, so that stops me from just saying "fuck it" and going with the seemingly obvious choice. Feels like a trap, know what I'm saying? (;^_^) That being said, I just kept the last shard for now, maybe things will get clearer before I start the next segment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evangelion-01

Zoran89

Aug 20, 2020
Holy shit, you are literally me!

Well, if I were choosing strictly with my dick (which is what I understand by "pick your favourite colours"), I'd probably go for Orilise, Nalili, Yarra, Altina, Trin and... Balia maybe? So my choices would be very different :p

Also "watch the others wither and die as time marches on"
Gee, thanks. Not like I already felt shitty enough about skipping some of them in favour of others and that I literally didn't pick all the succubi first because I didn't want it to seem like I am playing favourites with walking talking sex machines, despite the fact that I love their cat-like mischievous nature, but even more so because they have the shortest lifespan and should probably be given priority in case something goes wrong, and we're unable to obtain any more shards.

No pressure AT ALL.

xD

EDIT: Oh, and BTW - part of the reason why I am so paranoid about this is probably due to titles like DA:O or GoT, where authors like to pull cruel shit last second and if you are not prepared for it months in advance, you get all the repercussions for being dumb with your choices. It's because TLS has set itself up with a "realistic" world building that I really worry about the consequences of my actions. Which just speaks volumes to Sierra's skill as a writer.

Though I do wonder, is the fact that I can't predict the results of my actions simply lack of skill on my part, or is the game actually kind of unreasonable? Like with the Synod, dear GOD, I can't even begin to imagine trying to untangle that shit without the calculator tool...

Last edited:
Reactions: Nelari

Nelari

Apr 21, 2021
Well, if I were choosing strictly with my dick (which is what I understand by "pick your favourite colours"), I'd probably go for Orilise, Nalili, Yarra, Altina, Trin and... Balia maybe? So my choices would be very different :p

Also "watch the others wither and die as time marches on"
Gee, thanks. Not like I already felt shitty enough about skipping some of them in favour of others and that I literally didn't pick all the succubi first because I didn't want it to seem like I am playing favourites with walking talking sex machines, despite the fact that I love their cat-like mischievous nature, but even more so because they have the shortest lifespan and should probably be given priority in case something goes wrong, and we're unable to obtain any more shards.

No pressure AT ALL.

xD

EDIT: Oh, and BTW - part of the reason why I am so paranoid about this is probably due to titles like DA:O or GoT, where authors like to pull cruel shit last second and if you are not prepared for it months in advance, you get all the repercussions for being dumb with your choices. It's because TLS has set itself up with a "realistic" world building that I really worry about the consequences of my actions. Which just speaks volumes to Sierra's skill as a writer.

Though I do wonder, is the fact that I can't predict the results of my actions simply lack of skill on my part, or is the game actually kind of unreasonable? Like with the Synod, dear GOD, I can't even begin to imagine trying to untangle that shit without the calculator tool...
Well, I didn't necessarily mean think with your dick, but it seems your cock's got excellent decision making regardless XD

Sorry for being vague, I meant "pick your favourite colour" as in there's no right or wrong answer or even nuanced pros and cons like with the investment choices; its unique to each player which members to choose based on their preferences and how they think each character will impact the world with their lifespan.
Speaking of lifespans, I started out wanting to prioritise the succubi too, but I felt it would be unfair to the others. They can at least "sip" from the shard Riala found and delay their aging for a time, so they'll live closer to human lifespan regardless.

Ugh, that's such a consolation prize, we have shit lifespans.

I'd say the game is mostly predictable in terms of investments and somewhat predictable in terms of wartime decisions (Battle of Yhilin, Third Arclent War, Incubus War, etc.) but late game events like the Synod are 60% won or lost by dozens of small decisions made along the way. You'll seldom risk Game Overs but you may not get the results you want without lots of foresight, trial and error, or a guide. That's an intentional design choice for better or worse, not just you.

Zoran89

Aug 20, 2020
Well, I didn't necessarily mean think with your dick, but it seems your cock's got excellent decision making regardless XD

Sorry for being vague, I meant "pick your favourite colour" as in there's no right or wrong answer or even nuanced pros and cons like with the investment choices; its unique to each player which members to choose based on their preferences and how they think each character will impact the world with their lifespan.
Speaking of lifespans, I started out wanting to prioritise the succubi too, but I felt it would be unfair to the others. They can at least "sip" from the shard Riala found and delay their aging for a time, so they'll live closer to human lifespan regardless.

Ugh, that's such a consolation prize, we have shit lifespans.

I'd say the game is mostly predictable in terms of investments and somewhat predictable in terms of wartime decisions (Battle of Yhilin, Third Arclent War, Incubus War, etc.) but late game events like the Synod are 60% won or lost by dozens of small decisions made along the way. You'll seldom risk Game Overs but you may not get the results you want without lots of foresight, trial and error, or a guide. That's an intentional design choice for better or worse, not just you.
Nah, I knew what you meant, I just oversimplified my reply I guess :p
Also, It's hard to choose a bad character in a game where - as you yourself have said - "You can't throw a rock without hitting a well-written character".

Huh, maybe I got a little too hasty with relying on a walkthrough then. Still, there was some amount of decision-making on my part, especially when it came to investments. I did however filthily base most of my strategies during battles on the Wiki cheatsheets. Again, didn't want to risk having to spend a couple of hours on a battle only to have to do it all over again if it didn't go the way I wanted.

Reactions: Nelari

Arachnox

Aug 3, 2018
How to book the 'Gardens of Steam' in Artford for the threesome scene? Every time the receptionist says 'it's all booked'!

Pana_brother

Sep 11, 2021
guys i downloaded a save and when i load it and go to play the sex scenes only the letters show and not the sex scenes enyone know why?

nad destroyer

Jul 27, 2017
Hey everyone I'm near the end of chapter 1 and I'm trying to decide what to invest in... I already now I'm going to hire the Iron Club mercenaries but is there any benefit to hiring another group or is it truly diminishing turns like some character said? And I really don't want to look at the walkthrough cause I know my self control isn't good enough to read the whole thing and spoiling a lot but what else should I invest in that has the greatest return for future chapters?

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
Hey everyone I'm near the end of chapter 1 and I'm trying to decide what to invest in... I already now I'm going to hire the Iron Club mercenaries but is there any benefit to hiring another group or is it truly diminishing turns like some character said?
Not sure about how all the possible investments compare but...

There is small synergy bonus if also hiring AriGarda alongside the Iron Cudgel at this point iirc. The Arigarda are also worth hiring in general and I believe would be cheaper to get now. (Dusty Horde definitely not worth it yet)

Zoran89

Aug 20, 2020
Hey everyone I'm near the end of chapter 1 and I'm trying to decide what to invest in... I already now I'm going to hire the Iron Club mercenaries but is there any benefit to hiring another group or is it truly diminishing turns like some character said? And I really don't want to look at the walkthrough cause I know my self control isn't good enough to read the whole thing and spoiling a lot but what else should I invest in that has the greatest return for future chapters?
My general rule of thumb was to choose key strategic resources (mines, weapons, logistics, reputation, political stability) + maximize profit for the long run. Even if I am not able to afford something this round, I might be able to do it in the next one if I double my ProN income. And for the key strategic resources, I would say things that were going to help me during the next conflict/crisis took priority. Though I did look at the investments Wiki page/table.
Personally, I would say that you're asking the wrong question there - it shouldn't be "Is there any benefit to hiring another mercenary group", but rather "Did I exhaust all other profitable and/or useful investments?"

Besides that, two things.
One, it's difficult to answer your question "what else can I invest in" if you provide only one position out of 20-something,
And two, I would say that at most, people can give you just an abridged excerpt from the Wiki investments page I mentioned above anyway.

I don't know, it's difficult to give an optimal spending plan, I know I went through a lot of calculations myself, deducing and writing down different hidden values and trying to choose an optimal path - e.g. if I knew that not getting investment X will hit my PR, which will in turn cause big debuffs in the following conflict, I went with investment X, juggling between different important spendings and trying to get the most out of them.

EDIT: It also depends on what you are facing.

I know it's kind of vague, but I think if you are refusing to use a walkthrough and value charts, it might be more useful than just saying "This and this investment is going to give you this much profit" - because for that, again, you can just go search Wiki.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 177 Votes