ZephyrCloack

Mar 1, 2022
On a completely unrelated note I miss Valkyrie Profile never played Radiant Historia
Dude Valkyrie Profile that one i played it when i did a PSX games marathon just for fun and was pleasantly satisfied with that game; Radiant Historia came out in 2010 it's an amazingly well written and built plot with time travel in a fantasy setting, it's an experience but in comparison to VP the endings are way more accessible to players since if i recall correctly in RH the ending is the same but with more details if you altered certain time periods.

jrpg <-> choice. lolvut?

and it's irrilevant the age you play something.
the evolution of gameplay matter, yes. but your age not.
Thinking through the classics jrpgs... those did offer a lack on plot choices, though i could see the argument of different paths being plot choices, but when paths like in Castlevania Aria of Sorrow require a precise set of equips to unlock a certain ending that notion falls under.

I wouldn't ever say age is irrelevant, since knowledge and experience can be the basis to have a more comfortable gaming experience and dictating if x player can clear the game or not (rpgs do tend to punish brute forcing approaches, like "you are unworthy" or the boss is immortal unless you have X item "DarkStone") and understanding the story.

and for the metric of jrpg TLS had a lot of meangiful choice. yes, some are inferior, but well, have you try to play an evil or stupic characters in some crpg? usualy is only cut content compared the other options
Though TLS in a certain way has to much of meaningful plot choices, some choices kinda feel overly punished as well.

For the sake of giving an example there is what 2 maybe 3 choice sequences to get a perfect Battle of Yhilin of a multitude of ways it can actually go. Deviation from the sequence of intended choices is quite easy to do, since the tells during the war like the reports seem insufficient (almost feels it needs to be color coded to prevent the player from having to consult a guide).

yeah...Evil route paths in rpgs are either well "censored" for lack of a better word or under-developed if developed at all...
Even rpgs portraying Evil characters are mild considering their settings and premise, something funny when blood/gore seems to not be the major thing to be censored.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Evangelion-01

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
One of my major complaints was that this feels like a visual novel shoved into rpg maker.
Considering the vast majority of the game is exploration, combat, juggling investments and dealing with the games politics and factions with very little in the way of long story telling beats I fail to see where your "visual novel" is.

Basically I think you're talking shit.

Dqslime

Oct 1, 2017
How to recover simon now I can't reach the score of 12, I check editor and I got 10.
Talk to Tertia, Hug Robin (normal hug), Listen To Qum, Do Wynn’s Request (Givini Mage Guild), Do Qum’s Request (Megail’s Office), Talk To Palina Twice (Aram Fort). If Tertia did not help free Simon from the Incubus Prison or if Sabitha assisted in saving Palina, it may be impossible to “fix” Simon in the current version.

Dqslime

Oct 1, 2017
Is there a fix for the Kai glitch yet during the prison saga? Where he spawns in the party during the harem story plot.
I am assuming you’re talking about the party switch bug where after the Incubus Prison your inventory is switched out with a earlier one and sometimes Kai is added to the party. Sierra has yet to fix that bug, but the community has created a patched version of 0.61.1 here: .

Just transfer and reload from any save you created BEFORE you entered the Incubus Prison, play through the prison again, and your inventory and party should return to normal.

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
Talk to Tertia, Hug Robin (normal hug), Listen To Qum, Do Wynn’s Request (Givini Mage Guild), Do Qum’s Request (Megail’s Office), Talk To Palina Twice (Aram Fort). If Tertia did not help free Simon from the Incubus Prison or if Sabitha assisted in saving Palina, it may be impossible to “fix” Simon in the current version.
so no fix Simon for me damn it well editor it is then.

Nov 12, 2019
I am assuming you’re talking about the party switch bug where after the Incubus Prison your inventory is switched out with a earlier one and sometimes Kai is added to the party. Sierra has yet to fix that bug, but the community has created a patched version of 0.61.1 here: .

Just transfer and reload from any save you created BEFORE you entered the Incubus Prison, play through the prison again, and your inventory and party should return to normal.
Your a hero

• Haha
Reactions: Dqslime
Jul 26, 2019
Failed to Initialize DirectX Audio, how do you fix this on a laptop? I've had this for a while and i don't know where it start, but I can still play other RPGM game like Renryuu.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Failed to Initialize DirectX Audio, how do you fix this on a laptop? I've had this for a while and i don't know where it start, but I can still play other RPGM game like Renryuu.
Google Direct X and install the driver I'd say, alternatively it might also help to upgrade the drivers for your sound and graphic card.
Installing or upgradeing VLC Player would be my last idea

Mr_Sel

Mar 16, 2018
Considering the vast majority of the game is exploration, combat, juggling investments and dealing with the games politics and factions with very little in the way of long story telling beats I fail to see where your "visual novel" is.
He probably meant the part of the game that is actually enjoyable ;) The writing is, for most part, excellent, game design - not so much.

TheAvatar

Apr 28, 2017
Depends what you want. There are so many variables with so many outcomes it depends what you are looking for.
As close to a "perfect walkthrough" list of saves as possible. I was doing the good guy route (reshaped Varia, no "evil" decisions, etc) but lost all my data. To start from the beginning would be too time-consuming for me atm, sadly

Goi

Nov 18, 2017
look at the formus or discord there is a list of saves following thosha walkthrough from grim

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Any saves?
This save has played optimized path, completed content up to but not including v0.60.

Cheats have been used for PRON, discretionary spending/personal funds for Yhillin, and military/political/economic reserves of the third arclent war in order to ensure that all investments have been made. If you play this game without cheats, you cannot make all investments.

Cheats have also been used to increase Sx amount to ensure each character has the best equipment possible.

If you do not want to cheat, sorry, I don't have a clean save...

Note: If you want to see the choices I've made, I also attached the calculator, version 0.14.2. The calculator has been edited to reflect any cheats I have used.

See post directly below for calculator save data.

Reactions: JungleNuts

Kar177

Jul 4, 2019
You'd think Aka would have had a more intense reaction from being raped and then jumping on Simon's dick literally a few seconds after. Completely bizarre narrative direction.

• Red Heart
Reactions: monk_56
4.40 star(s) 177 Votes