Goi

Nov 18, 2017

link to the blog and the 55.4 public version and now you must wait for the next part of open world update SIDEQUESTS also another final place

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
I have a really specific question that I'm hoping someone who happened to keep a savegame at a certain point in the game can answer for me, because I don't have one in that vicinity.

I really enjoyed this and so I am plotting out another playthrough where I try and maximize all the outcomes that I want. And so here is my very overly specific question, for someone who hopefully has a savegame file at the start of the Council of Gawnfall:

Is it possible to visit the Order of Silence lot and invest (or increase your previous investment) in the Order of Silence when you visit Ardford on Day 1 of the Council? I know that most Ardford investments are, at that stage, locked behind completing the Council and the Ardford Ban minor issue that allows Simon to travel to Ardford again. However, the TLS wiki does -not- list the Order of Silence investment as requiring Council completion like it does all the others. I don't have a savegame close to this event in order to test it, and I'd like to know if I can drop an investment into the Order on Day 1 and have their score increased when they speak up on Day 2 during the Unification vote.

The investment path I am planning out manages to invest in both Ivalan and Ardford Bank in Chapter 2, something I hadn't been able to pull off previously, but part of the cost of doing so is only investing 10k into the Order at that point in the game. However, to optimize outcomes in Gawnfall I need their full +3 for 75+ score on Day 2 during the Unification Vote. Since the Ivalan Bank investment pays out over 1m ProN by that point in the game, it's still net profitable to have to sink 100k-200k back into the Order during Gawnfall (only 100k is needed during the synod, but having the full 100 Order of Silence score at the end of Chapter 4 enables acquiring the rare Rodak Country point by maximizing Auxillary Diversity during the Erosian War), but I don't want to play all the way through the game to test this and find out it's impossible, as I can't maximize all the Council outcomes I want while also exiting the event with Annah's score at or above 6 (enabling the best outcome for the Return to Stineford in Ch 5) without the full Order of Silence value during the Unification vote.

If someone has a savegame that can check this, or even is willing to upload one that's close to this point so I can check myself, I would appreciate it. Said save just needs to be reasonably close to the start of the Gawnfall Synod (ie in the first half of Chapter 4) and to have not invested the full 100k in the OoS during Chapter 2.

Figuring out how to do this path with both Banks is such an enormous profit (2m or so proN from Ivalan bank to begin with, plus it more or less removes the need to spend 800k on the Lustlord religious investments in Ch 4 before Gawnfall as well, though I haven't checked yet if I'll need the Lustlord Statues investment in order to have 40 Religion score at the end of the summit, though I think the answer is yes to Statues but no to Temples as far as hitting 40 for the Minor Issues phase). Since Lustlord Temples is such a shitty investment if you're achieving the Gawnfall outcomes and religion score you need without it (just 50k pay on a 750k investment, and only +5 chalice states, which you probably don't need in terms of country benefits), being able to relocate that money into a more profitable investment or one that increases a more relevant secret stat (Tak'kan, New Givini, Social) is a pretty big upgrade. If you maximize the 3rd Arclent War and invest in all the profitable Chalice States investments, your Chalice States score will easily surpass all relevant thresholds for the rest of the game. Tak'kan and Givini are another matter entirely.

Last edited:

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019

link to the blog and the 55.4 public version and now you must wait for the next part of open world update SIDEQUESTS also another final place
Kind of annoying about this update is that if you had started on the (currently) last open world section in 0.55.2, you probably want to restart at the beginning of it as a number of new investments are potentially cheaper as they now have costs that scale with the outcome of the Gathering rather than having flat pricing. If you had great outcomes at the 2nd Gathering, these price changes can save you over 1.5m ProN vs the costs of the same investments in 0.55.2. You can save 1m on the Rodak Order investment and 750k on the Rodak Agriculture investments in 0.55.4 if you had the best outcome of the 2nd Gathering.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
I have a really specific question that I'm hoping someone who happened to keep a savegame at a certain point in the game can answer for me, because I don't have one in that vicinity.

I really enjoyed this and so I am plotting out another playthrough where I try and maximize all the outcomes that I want. And so here is my very overly specific question, for someone who hopefully has a savegame file at the start of the Council of Gawnfall:

Is it possible to visit the Order of Silence lot and invest (or increase your previous investment) in the Order of Silence when you visit Ardford on Day 1 of the Council? I know that most Ardford investments are, at that stage, locked behind completing the Council and the Ardford Ban minor issue that allows Simon to travel to Ardford again. However, the TLS wiki does -not- list the Order of Silence investment as requiring Council completion like it does all the others. I don't have a savegame close to this event in order to test it, and I'd like to know if I can drop an investment into the Order on Day 1 and have their score increased when they speak up on Day 2 during the Unification vote.

The investment path I am planning out manages to invest in both Ivalan and Ardford Bank in Chapter 2, something I hadn't been able to pull off previously, but part of the cost of doing so is only investing 10k into the Order at that point in the game. However, to optimize outcomes in Gawnfall I need their full +3 for 75+ score on Day 2 during the Unification Vote. Since the Ivalan Bank investment pays out over 1m ProN by that point in the game, it's still net profitable to have to sink 100k-200k back into the Order during Gawnfall (only 100k is needed during the synod, but having the full 100 Order of Silence score at the end of Chapter 4 enables acquiring the rare Rodak Country point by maximizing Auxillary Diversity during the Erosian War), but I don't want to play all the way through the game to test this and find out it's impossible, as I can't maximize all the Council outcomes I want while also exiting the event with Annah's score at or above 6 (enabling the best outcome for the Return to Stineford in Ch 5) without the full Order of Silence value during the Unification vote.

If someone has a savegame that can check this, or even is willing to upload one that's close to this point so I can check myself, I would appreciate it. Said save just needs to be reasonably close to the start of the Gawnfall Synod (ie in the first half of Chapter 4) and to have not invested the full 100k in the OoS during Chapter 2.

Figuring out how to do this path with both Banks is such an enormous profit (2m or so proN from Ivalan bank to begin with, plus it more or less removes the need to spend 800k on the Lustlord religious investments in Ch 4 before Gawnfall as well, though I haven't checked yet if I'll need the Lustlord Statues investment in order to have 40 Religion score at the end of the summit, though I think the answer is yes to Statues but no to Temples as far as hitting 40 for the Minor Issues phase). Since Lustlord Temples is such a shitty investment if you're achieving the Gawnfall outcomes and religion score you need without it (just 50k pay on a 750k investment, and only +5 chalice states, which you probably don't need in terms of country benefits), being able to relocate that money into a more profitable investment or one that increases a more relevant secret stat (Tak'kan, New Givini, Social) is a pretty big upgrade. If you maximize the 3rd Arclent War and invest in all the profitable Chalice States investments, your Chalice States score will easily surpass all relevant thresholds for the rest of the game. Tak'kan and Givini are another matter entirely.
You can't visit the Order of Silence lot during the Gawnfall Council and that's where the investment is after Chapter 2. Also I believe you can only invest once on the Order of Silence, so if you put 10k on them during Chapter 2 you won't have the option of investing more later during Chapter 4. If you want the best result during the Unification Vote you either need to invest at least 50k on them during Chapter 2, or the full 200k during the succession dispute near the start of Chapter 4.

If you want to check if a route is possible there is a fanmade calculator tool that lets you simulate a playthrough, . I believe most of the optimization discussion is between either skipping the Yhilin Bank (it pays the least during chapter 4 and can be picked up anytime) or getting all 3 banks by cutting corners and making concessions (skipping sanitation mages, or skipping Vinario's deeds, or sacrificing a perfect Yhilin battle by cutting corners with some of the minor Yhilin investments).

Reactions: George Halstead

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
You can't visit the Order of Silence lot during the Gawnfall Council and that's where the investment is after Chapter 2. Also I believe you can only invest once on the Order of Silence, so if you put 10k on them during Chapter 2 you won't have the option of investing more later during Chapter 4. If you want the best result during the Unification Vote you either need to invest at least 50k on them during Chapter 2, or the full 200k during the succession dispute near the start of Chapter 4.

If you want to check if a route is possible there is a fanmade calculator tool that lets you simulate a playthrough, . I believe most of the optimization discussion is between either skipping the Yhilin Bank (it pays the least during chapter 4 and can be picked up anytime) or getting all 3 banks by cutting corners and making concessions (skipping sanitation mages, or skipping Vinario's deeds, or sacrificing a perfect Yhilin battle by cutting corners with some of the minor Yhilin investments).
Oh thats right, you can invest in them during the succession dispute. That is more than adequate. Are you sure you can only invest once?

I don't plan to include Yhilin bank, but previously I'd never been able to squeeze in Ivalan as well, and then much to my consternation I realized that it's impossible to invest in Ardan Bank for 300k, get the Deeds for 100k, and exit that section with over 100k ProN.

I'll look back at my Yhilin battle calculator but I believe I had that working out the way I wanted already.

And fuck, this is so much better than what I had. I had found an older version of the investments calculator that only went through the end of Ch4, but this is much easier. I have a spreadsheet with like 10 tabs tracking this shit, lol.

Wait a minute, though, its not possible to invest in Ardan Bank at 300k without some kind of OoS contribution.

Last edited:

Goi

Nov 18, 2017
Kind of annoying about this update is that if you had started on the (currently) last open world section in 0.55.2, you probably want to restart at the beginning of it as a number of new investments are potentially cheaper as they now have costs that scale with the outcome of the Gathering rather than having flat pricing. If you had great outcomes at the 2nd Gathering, these price changes can save you over 1.5m ProN vs the costs of the same investments in 0.55.2. You can save 1m on the Rodak Order investment and 750k on the Rodak Agriculture investments in 0.55.4 if you had the best outcome of the 2nd Gathering.
There is a reason You were Advised to keep an earlier save when the public version of 55.2 came out and it is standard advice is keep a save from before the update until all versions are out in case of balance changes and such

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
There is a reason You were Advised to keep an earlier save when the public version of 55.2 came out and it is standard advice is keep a save from before the update until all versions are out in case of balance changes and such
Unfortunately, 55.2 was the first version of the game I played, so I didn't really have any awareness of where the 'newest' content was in order to protect myself like that the first time around.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Do I need guide to play this game? Kinda wanna discover things by myself
The best possible results are really hard to achieve without a guide, there are some decisions that can feel very arbitrary in a first playthrough.

But if you're okay with not getting all the ideal outcomes in your first playthrough, you can play the game blind, as long as you are thorough you can still get satisfactory results to most events and the game won't feel like doom and gloom.

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
So, I am playing this game for my first time and it's actually really good. I expected this to just be some kind of game where it's all tropes, light comedy, and the usual easy wins.

But it's not, and I like how your decisions actually matter here since other characters have different views and aspirations overall throughout the game.

One thing that I'm quite confused about is the investment. I'm sure that the ledger would help me look which one's I'm going to profit with but my Pron is limited and I don't want to waste my money investing in some place where I don't get my Pron back.

Still on Chapter 1 but just 1 more quest and I'm on chapter 2. Is it alright for me to try and look up the walkthrough? Because I really don't want to miss any cool things and also I'd like to satisfy every character to 100 locked relationship points but I don't even know if that's possible.

Still, I'll try to go as blind as possible if I can. It's just that I'm not good at politics and investments. So I could fuck it all up and waste all the Pron due to being a dumbass.

Goi

Nov 18, 2017
Unfortunately, 55.2 was the first version of the game I played, so I didn't really have any awareness of where the 'newest' content was in order to protect myself like that the first time around.
the biggest piece of advice for this game is to keep many backup saves as standard,

for person interested in just Investments, I would advise going to just the Investments page on the wiki so you get only the info on what they give as minor spoilers

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
[...]
can ask your investment plan? because it's possibile take both ardford bank and 50K OoS investment. (in a non-whored playthougth)

So, I am playing this game for my first time and it's actually really good. I expected this to just be some kind of game where it's all tropes, light comedy, and the usual easy wins.

But it's not, and I like how your decisions actually matter here since other characters have different views and aspirations overall throughout the game.

One thing that I'm quite confused about is the investment. I'm sure that the ledger would help me look which one's I'm going to profit with but my Pron is limited and I don't want to waste my money investing in some place where I don't get my Pron back.

Still on Chapter 1 but just 1 more quest and I'm on chapter 2. Is it alright for me to try and look up the walkthrough? Because I really don't want to miss any cool things and also I'd like to satisfy every character to 100 locked relationship points but I don't even know if that's possible.

Still, I'll try to go as blind as possible if I can. It's just that I'm not good at politics and investments. So I could fuck it all up and waste all the Pron due to being a dumbass.
first round of investment is relatively straightforward. you want the bank (with trin) and the mine (with megail). it's painful but not hiring mercenary is the right choice. they hamper your return because you keep paying them and they don't grant anything worthwhile. it's a realy a pure cold calculation about cost-benefit of your ProNs, because the empathy-level consequence of that are... significative.

you are past that point but "megail gift" (the one she propose you after rescuring her) is a good choice. and take extra money from her for sure NOT (it reduce, by a lot, your next two returns), same converting pron in sx, is alwasy a bad decision (there is only one occasion, in a marginal situation, you want do it, but not for the money, you gain enough Sx by normal gameplay)

totaly avoid and shrine renovation (the one carina talk about). i advice against the anti corruption campaign, it isn't a total bad investment, but it's focused about hidden score, and if you don't take advantage of it (and in a blind run is very, very hard to do so) is basicaly wasted money.

the bridge repair are in mix bag, it's beneficial because you reduce future investment cost (and you want them, for sure), but don't repair the bridge now can benefit your hidden scores in the end. for a first/blind playthrough i advice to repair the bridge, it's a solid decision and without you capitalize the hidden gain it's only harmful.

cache excavation can be good, if you have the money, they return a bit of cash in the next return, and the equip you gain is nice. (and a little boost on simon stats), beatification works can be delayed in a future return, and take now is nearly useless

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
can ask your investment plan? because it's possibile take both ardford bank and 50K OoS investment. (in a non-whored playthougth)

first round of investment is relatively straightforward. you want the bank (with trin) and the mine (with megail). it's painful but not hiring mercenary is the right choice. they hamper your return because you keep paying them and they don't grant anything worthwhile. it's a realy a pure cold calculation about cost-benefit of your ProNs, because the empathy-level consequence of that are... significative.

you are past that point but "megail gift" (the one she propose you after rescuring her) is a good choice. and take extra money from her for sure NOT (it reduce, by a lot, your next two returns), same converting pron in sx, is alwasy a bad decision (there is only one occasion, in a marginal situation, you want do it, but not for the money, you gain enough Sx by normal gameplay)

totaly avoid and shrine renovation (the one carina talk about). i advice against the anti corruption campaign, it isn't a total bad investment, but it's focused about hidden score, and if you don't take advantage of it (and in a blind run is very, very hard to do so) is basicaly wasted money.

the bridge repair are in mix bag, it's beneficial because you reduce future investment cost (and you want them, for sure), but don't repair the bridge now can benefit your hidden scores in the end. for a first/blind playthrough i advice to repair the bridge, it's a solid decision and without you capitalize the hidden gain it's only harmful.

cache excavation can be good, if you have the money, they return a bit of cash in the next return, and the equip you gain is nice. (and a little boost on simon stats), beatification works can be delayed in a future return, and take now is nearly useless
This has been very helpful to me. Although I figured out like 80% of what you just said here by trying things out in my own way.

Still thanks for telling me about the mercenaries, was considering it in my mind to hire them but when I saw that it has upkeep, I considered it as a fallout of my expenses overall.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
This has been very helpful to me. Although I figured out like 80% of what you just said here by trying things out in my own way.

Still thanks for telling me about the mercenaries, was considering it in my mind to hire them but when I saw that it has upkeep, I considered it as a fallout of my expenses overall.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
i forgot a thing, keep 5K, with the bank investment before leaving ari-yhilina can pick up a 5K from the bank, in stineford the magic shop cost 10K and with a investment later is one of the best in return-wise of the whole game.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017

Hard to say not hiring the mercenary is the right choice. You are letting a lot of people die if you do. Personally I always skip Trin's investment (also that kills the bank manager!) It might seem like a dumb idea but honestly that amount of money doesn't do much. The only real loss in the missing Trin RP but I got over that.

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
i forgot a thing, keep 5K, with the bank investment before leaving ari-yhilina can pick up a 5K from the bank, in stineford the magic shop cost 10K and with a investment later is one of the best in return-wise of the whole game.
I already wasted my other 5k in the beautification process. Damn if I go back to my older save, it will take me like an hour or two to defeat all the things that I need to defeat.

I don't know that you can borrow pron from banks. What an interesting thing! Kinda confused if it's from the Ari-Yhilina bank or from the Stineford one.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
I already wasted my other 5k in the beautification process. Damn if I go back to my older save, it will take me like an hour or two to defeat all the things that I need to defeat.

I don't know that you can borrow pron from banks. What an interesting thing! Kinda confused if it's from the Ari-Yhilina bank or from the Stineford one.
You can't borrow from the banks sorry. It's given to you if you invested in it.

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
You can't borrow from the banks sorry. It's given to you if you invested in it.
Ahhh! Then my normal blind playthrough is fine then. Was just worried I have to start again at my Chapter 1 save when I'm nearing Chapter 2's middle quests. Kind of nice I didn't zap the bank then!

Reactions: Waxer
4.50 star(s) 181 Votes