Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
What happens if I decide that save editor randomly gives me 999 of every potion?
this can works, obviously. i think there are just a couple of encounters you cannot overcame with an inifinte supply of consumables.

That doesn’t sound really nice init?
if for "not nice" you mean a brutal, merciless and unyielding section...

• Sad
Reactions: Hung Gen and Sotman

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
must be nerfed, or TSL will lose 90% of his population. if someone is interested when the public out can share the v0.58.0
Lose 90% of population might be a LITTLE extreme. The split was rather 50-50 one people who adored it, or didn't care for it one bit! SL description of "An RPG in a RPG" was accurate as the update uses mechanics in a way unlike the rest of TLS. Some people hate how hard it was, but the challenge gave me a great feeling of overcoming it.

But for those worried, based on SL's recent post in addition to a lot of quality of life additions to the update, she's also adding an 'easy' path to run through the place quicker.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Lose 90% of population might be a LITTLE extreme. The split was rather 50-50 one people who adored it, or didn't care for it one bit! SL description of "An RPG in a RPG" was accurate as the update uses mechanics in a way unlike the rest of TLS. Some people hate how hard it was, but the challenge gave me a great feeling of overcoming it.

But for those worried, based on SL's recent post in addition to a lot of quality of life additions to the update, she's also adding an 'easy' path to run through the place quicker.
you are talking about patrons, they are already inclined to the game and the dev. i was talking about the whole audience.
if in everyplace the game is posted you see an flood of negative review for a section, objectively, abnormaly harsh and unyielding, the impact for the game and the dev will be negative to enormous levels.

Well, I'm fine with an added easy mode, but I do want a harder version to stay.
Nothing realy 'spoiler' story wise, but it's enumerate some mechanic of the update

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
I disagree with that, a huge share of the game's fun is trying to learn how to defeat the enemies.
take a release patreon post and count the negative comment.
then doing the same for this release post.

you are at least ~*10

i'm not against this section, or his gameplay loop. but this implementation of the gameplay loop.

Warwhale

Dec 27, 2017
take a release patreon post and count the negative comment.
then doing the same for this release post.

you are at least ~*10

i'm not against this section, or his gameplay loop. but this implementation of the gameplay loop.
Looking at it fairly, you raise an issue which is a potential real hindrance. Numerous games have seen notable segments of their communities leave due to bosses or levels that could not be overcome save by the most zealous of fans who tried at least a dozen times.

Yotetar

May 23, 2020
The update going to be nerfed, that's what's gonna happen, like it or hate, that's what's gonna happen.

And on patron there are a lot of fanboys, that even if the author makes mistakes, they will suck her futacock. SL knows it.

• Haha
Reactions: Stm1234

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
you are talking about patrons, they are already inclined to the game and the dev. i was talking about the whole audience.
if in everyplace the game is posted you see an flood of negative review for a section, objectively, abnormaly harsh and unyielding, the impact for the game and the dev will be negative to enormous levels.

Nothing realy 'spoiler' story wise, but it's enumerate some mechanic of the update

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm sorry you did not have fun playing the update, but you are generalizing your own personal feelings onto others. Yes patrons are more likely to support the dev, but anyone who is 80 hours into the game won't die a few times in a row and say "Too hard I am done."

As for your description of the update itself, I"m sorry but it is wildly unfair and largely inaccurate. Yes, this update requires constant vigilance and thinking, EVERY enemy has the potential to be deadly, but I rather enjoyed living on the edge. Again I'm sorry you did not enjoy it, but your description is highly biased based on your own personal bad experience with it. EDIT: For fairness though, I'm not trying to say you are dead wrong. While I do feel like you slightly exaggerated just how "bad" the update was, there were some bits of feeling unfairness with RNG and not knowing which battles would be impossible, but most of those concerns were raised and being fixed by SL as we speak.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
I'm sorry you did not have fun playing the update, but you are generalizing your own personal feelings onto others. Yes patrons are more likely to support the dev, but anyone who is 80 hours into the game won't die a few times in a row and say "Too hard I am done."
as i state before, isn't "few time in a row" but more of the whole game over i have suffer in the game for the last couple of years.
and i usualy replay the game in full each time reworks my playthrough, this mean usualy 2/3 time at years.

the basic fight in this update is more difficult of the skittering nighmare original version. the harded fight much more.
the 'last' boss i need to redo the fight five time only to be able to land enough atk debuff to keep him to kill me for the whole fight. and this AFTER i try basicaly everything else to evaluate any viable strategy. and this is a mandatory fight. done with everything outside the optional gauntlet done. so without any room for improvement.

and this are objective evaluation. my enjoiment is irrilevant. die 20 time only to understand how you can win it ins't accetable, the need at least other five try only to have enough rng to your side to finish the fight even less.

and no, i am not generalizing. a lot of people agree with my feedback, with a some of the most 'senior' in the community.

As for your description of the update itself, I"m sorry but it is wildly unfair and largely inaccurate. Yes, this update requires constant vigilance and thinking, EVERY enemy has the potential to be deadly, but I rather enjoyed living on the edge. Again I'm sorry you did not enjoy it, but your description is highly biased based on your own personal bad experience with it. EDIT: For fairness though, I'm not trying to say you are dead wrong. While I do feel like you slightly exaggerated just how "bad" the update was, there were some bits of feeling unfairness with RNG and not knowing which battles would be impossible, but most of those concerns were raised and being fixed by SL as we speak.
in the demon maze you cannot return to the saving point until you reach the end. one of the fight you are against three stealing mana demon, demon weak only to magic attack, or you are strong enoguh to made trough the gauntlet (because with that power level the demon steal nothing) or the only outcome of this fight is death, and nothing else, you cannot possibily win this fight, at the minimun they have 9 strikes before you can kill them, two mana stealing attacks are enough to drain you, usualy this happen the first round of the fight, so you die, and lose everything you are done in the maze. and this is math, brutal math, no amount of planning and no amount fo thinking can save you. the only thing you can do is know that group is death and avoid it, but this mean you already reach them, already died, and already lose everything.

blind it's rng, if the one you must blind had three consecutive good roll you are dead. even if you spend all the three round healing you cannot keep with his damage, this isn't vigilance, this isn't thinking, it's pray rnjesus to be merciful, even if you know exactly what you are suppose to do you will die an abnormal amount of time, because a lot are to much rng dependant. and the only feedback in the game for doing things wrong is your death.

the secription of the update IS accurate, i'm not happy writing this, mind you, i'm happy when I find a challenge, something having a clever resolution. but this update is nothing of it. it's die enough to figure the viable strategy and die enough to have the rng to your side enough to defeat the enemies.

Last edited:

Yotetar

May 23, 2020
FFS, is Fulminato who we are talking about. He is not some mediocre player, or some noob. His meaning of "fun" is pure maths, digging and cutting on the guts of the game.He created a calculator that is a fucking "insanity".If he is telling that is not good and he is frustrated, there are problems, big big problems.

For myself I am a hardcore player, but this is ridiculous mechanically speaking.And the whole error that SL made was that he made this "update"seeing from her point of view, not from the point of view of someone who doesn't know what to do.She made a novice mistake as a developer, you cannot escape without dying, you dont have "hints"It is frustrating in a bad way.Sometimes you don't even have the time to study the enemy because you die in the first turn, it is not enjoyable as a hardcore player.

Onahoe

Dec 26, 2017
Bro the section is getting nerfed whether you like it or not. If you want to whine about it, pay for a Patreon subscription in order to have Sierra actually care a tiny bit before continuing development.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
Well perhaps I am biased in the other way, as I greatly enjoyed the update deaths and all, but like I said I accept that you did not enjoy it personally.

You made points about having died more times then any other time in chapter 5, but let me ask you a question have you EVER died in in chapter 5 (save for the original skittering spiders)? Because I don't I've died in chapter five until now. While combat was never 'boring' as SL changed up enemies and forced certain party formations, but it's never been hard. Until now.

We're different people, and the challenges you hated I loved. Deaths de-motivated you. But Deaths motivated me. I enjoy the challenge, and the ability to overcome them. Yes, some fights were too based on RNG and SL has already begun to nerf them, which I agreed to and was even one of the people first asking for on Patreon.

However my main point is not to disagree with your experiences or tell you that YOU are wrong, I'm just trying to say that you are mistakenly projecting your feelings of dislike onto others and acting as if they are a near absolute truth.

The Demon's in the maze are a great example you gave! I know the EXACT trio you talk about. I survived that fight against them only with potions and even still just barely managed to live with little health and no mana, trapped with Demons on all sides. And trying to explore that plain while avoiding demons was FUN for me. It was intense and heart pounding, especially knowing that one mistep would mean I'd lose real progress with no easy saving.

Maizemallard

Dec 24, 2019
I got a solution give me the 58.0 update and I'll try it :ROFLMAO:. I played a bunch of super hard games before and was able to do it but if this update drove Fulminto to madness There must be something ridiculously hard about it. I'm willing to try the unnerfed version of this update then give my take. I can wait for the release though

Yotetar

May 23, 2020
I got a solution give me the 58.0 update and I'll try it :ROFLMAO:. I played a bunch of super hard games before and was able to do it but if this update drove Fulminto to madness There must be something ridiculously hard about it. I'm willing to try the unnerfed version of this update then give my take. I can wait for the release though
Sierra stated that she doesnt want others to give patreon content even if it is for technical issues, so no.

4.50 star(s) 181 Votes