manscout

Jun 13, 2018
From what I remember she wasn't bothered by it at all until that point unless sierra changed it? In fact, as I recall, when she was the literal cumdump for the soldiers, she even encouraged simon to abuse her, the reason she was upset at him was because he didn't do it.
She wanted specifically Simon to use her, I don't think she ever displayed any enjoyment towards the idea of being abused. She is already infatuated with Simon from the game's start, we don't really get much context as to why and in a first playthrough one might assume it is because she is just that slutty, but after learning more about the characters it is more likely that Simon was the only one to express any concern for her, which made her start to fall in love with him. Bit of an accidental stockholm syndrome but Simon genuinely has a good heart so it worked out in the end.
Then immediately after leaving the town, you're ambushed by slavers, and when you "rescue" Qum from him, he complains she just can't get enough sex with him.
Qum asks him "Aww, that's all you have for Cumdump?", slaver guy says "What... what are you? My balls are so empty...", Qum then says "Simon! These dumb guys are being mean to Cumdump!", then you both proceed to beat them to death, and Qum says "Dumb guys are boring. Cumdump wants to be just Simon's forever and ever!"

I don't think the implication is "Qum couldn't get enough sex with random slaver dudes" as much as "Qum couldn't get good sex with random slaver dudes". I don't know if Qum actually meant to taunt the slavers or if it was just an innocent expression of dissapointment, but I'd say that ended up strengthening Qum's attachment to Simon if anything. Also I think for Qum there is a difference between being dissapointingly fucked by some random chumps for a few minutes before being rescued by Simon and being gangbanged by rough crowds for several days because Simon pressured her into doing it.
Then you're given an option to whore her out. And for whatever reason it's the bad option, and she's unwilling. I don't even know why simon is given the option to do this, it's completely against his persona.
Early game Simon is not as infallible as he becomes later on imo. He was still ignorant about some aspects of succubi culture and physiology, there was much uncertainty about how far their plans could go so every bit could count, and on a meta level the dev was okay with allowing some more freedom of choice in the early game and exploring Simon's ruthless side.
Then at the gathering she seems perfectly willing to fuck orcs and ogres with yarra if you don't whore her out so idk why the qum whored was such a traumatic experience for her.
Those scenes have very different moods. I think the main thing to understand about Qum's trauma is that it is not tied to sex, she's a succubus so that part is easy for her, her trauma is tied to abandonment issues and harsh treatment.

For the first thing, Qum's issue with being whored is that it essentially means that Simon was willing to part with her and leave her isolated from the party for several days for a small lump sum of money, if Simon was willing to do that, would it be inconceivable to think that Simon would be willing to abandon Qum and accept to sell her permanently if some eccentric rich noble showed up offering 1 million ProN? Probably, but it is now a creeping fear in the back of her head.

For the second thing, Qum just doesn't like abusive mean-spirited stuff, and ironically enough the scenes with the orcs and ogre are much nicer than the brothel gangbang, the orcs treat Qum gently and the Ogre sits quietly and just enjoys Qum and Yarra making out on his cock. Partially that was the case because Yarra was there to control the situation and keep things orderly, but maybe the point was also that succubi cultures just have less hangups about sex than human cultures, maybe that makes them behave better when they just want good sex instead of getting super obnoxious about it.

Reactions: Snugglepuff

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
From what I remember she wasn't bothered by it at all until that point unless sierra changed it? In fact, as I recall, when she was the literal cumdump for the soldiers, she even encouraged simon to abuse her, the reason she was upset at him was because he didn't do it. Then immediately after leaving the town, you're ambushed by slavers, and when you "rescue" Qum from him, he complains she just can't get enough sex with him.

Then you're given an option to whore her out. And for whatever reason it's the bad option, and she's unwilling. I don't even know why simon is given the option to do this, it's completely against his persona.

Then at the gathering she seems perfectly willing to fuck orcs and ogres with yarra if you don't whore her out so idk why the qum whored was such a traumatic experience for her.
Qum's trauma isn't sex, it's abuse. She was abused as a succubus for her mental abilities, then she was abused as a sex object for the soldiers.
She wanted simon to use her because to her, he was the only person there for the longest time who didn't abuse her. He wasn't like the soldiers who abused her for sex or the priests who hated her for being a succubus.
Then Simon, from her eyes, saves her from the soldiers and takes her with him with other friendly people. He's a hero to her and she is clearly infatuated with him by that point and put her hopes for her future with him.
Now that person who she put all her trust into, who saved her from the abuse by the soldiers, abandons her to be abused for days by equally abusive men. All so he can make some money. I think it's quite easy to see why that would shatter her trust for simon and give the consequences that it does.

Also the thing with the orcs and ogre is completely different. Qum chooses to participate in those events for the sake of simon on her own accord. Yara always asks her and doesn't pressure her. But Simon does pressure her into the prostitution when it's clear that she would rather not do it. Those are very different things.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
She wanted specifically Simon to use her, I don't think she ever displayed any enjoyment towards the idea of being abused. She is already infatuated with Simon from the game's start, we don't really get much context as to why and in a first playthrough one might assume it is because she is just that slutty, but after learning more about the characters it is more likely that Simon was the only one to express any concern for her, which made her start to fall in love with him. Bit of an accidental stockholm syndrome but Simon genuinely has a good heart so it worked out in the end.
Idk, Yarra implies his lack of attention to her was the real abuse and that succubi have different moral systems, it's one of the ways she can corrupt him. If cumdump didn't enjoy what happened to her she didn't show it up to the point I got. In fact, she complains specifically as I recall about her situation because simon doesn't fuck her. She never complained about the soldiers. EDIT: At least up to the point I got.
Qum asks him "Aww, that's all you have for Cumdump?", slaver guy says "What... what are you? My balls are so empty...", Qum then says "Simon! These dumb guys are being mean to Cumdump!", then you both proceed to beat them to death, and Qum says "Dumb guys are boring. Cumdump wants to be just Simon's forever and ever!"
I don't think the implication is "Qum couldn't get enough sex with random slaver dudes" as much as "Qum couldn't get good sex with random slaver dudes". I don't know if Qum actually meant to taunt the slavers or if it was just an innocent expression of dissapointment, but I'd say that ended up strengthening Qum's attachment to Simon if anything. Also I think for Qum there is a difference between being dissapointingly fucked by some random chumps for a few minutes before being rescued by Simon and being gangbanged by rough crowds for several days because Simon pressured her into doing it.
I'm pointing out she doesn't seem to be bothered up until that exact point about sex with strangers. She never indicated earlier that she didn't like it rough. Also it's hard to really say she was "rescued" since none of the succubi seemed bothered with it.
Early game Simon is not as infallible as he becomes later on imo. He was still ignorant about some aspects of succubi culture and physiology, there was much uncertainty about how far their plans could go so every bit could count, and on a meta level the dev was okay with allowing some more freedom of choice in the early game and exploring Simon's ruthless side.
For the first thing, Qum's issue with being whored is that it essentially means that Simon was willing to part with her and leave her isolated from the party for several days for a small lump sum of money, if Simon was willing to do that, would it be inconceivable to think that Simon would be willing to abandon Qum and accept to sell her permanently if some eccentric rich noble showed up offering 1 million ProN? Probably, but it is now a creeping fear in the back of her head.
If you're going to argue Simon might be fallible enough for that, what about the merchant girl? I recall he *could* put her under his control enough to suck up millions of pron, yet he chose not to and it backfired. It's consistently against his persona to force unwilling participants, heck, he was even against "forcing" Qum when she was a willing participant.
For the second thing, Qum just doesn't like abusive mean-spirited stuff, and ironically enough the scenes with the orcs and ogre are much nicer than the brothel gangbang, the orcs treat Qum gently and the Ogre sits quietly and just enjoys Qum and Yarra making out on his cock. Partially that was the case because Yarra was there to control the situation and keep things orderly, but maybe the point was also that succubi cultures just have less hangups about sex than human cultures, maybe that makes them behave better when they just want good sex instead of getting super obnoxious about it.
Maybe it was the abuse and all, I'm just saying she doesn't seem all that bothered with it during the time she is being abused, after, with forcable strangers all the way up to the point where simon is given the option.

Last edited:

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Qum's trauma isn't sex, it's abuse. She was abused as a succubus for her mental abilities, then she was abused as a sex object for the soldiers.
She wanted simon to use her because to her, he was the only person there for the longest time who didn't abuse her. He wasn't like the soldiers who abused her for sex or the priests who hated her for being a succubus.
Then Simon, from her eyes, saves her from the soldiers and takes her with him with other friendly people. He's a hero to her and she is clearly infatuated with him by that point and put her hopes for her future with him.
Now that person who she put all her trust into, who saved her from the abuse by the soldiers, abandons her to be abused for days by equally abusive men. All so he can make some money. I think it's quite easy to see why that would shatter her trust for simon and give the consequences that it does.

Also the thing with the orcs and ogre is completely different. Qum chooses to participate in those events for the sake of simon on her own accord. Yara always asks her and doesn't pressure her. But Simon does pressure her into the prostitution when it's clear that she would rather not do it. Those are very different things.
Yarra totally pressures Qum at the Convention. It is why I dislike Yarra. It may not be incredibly overt like if you choose to have Simon pressure her into whoring herself out- but it is definitely coercive- it is pretty obvious Qum doesn't want to but Yarra talks her into it using Simon as leverage- made me sick.

KingWeWuz

I totally agree with you that pressuring Qum to Whore herself out is glaringly out of character for Simon. Almost pathetically so. There is no real explanation to his moment of weakness- it just straight up doesn't make sense in the context of the rest of the game. I chalk it up to sloppy righting in the early development of the game.

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
Yarra totally pressures Qum at the Convention. It is why I dislike Yarra. It may not be incredibly overt like if you choose to have Simon pressure her into whoring herself out- but it is definitely coercive- it is pretty obvious Qum doesn't want to but Yarra talks her into it using Simon as leverage- made me sick.
I just played It recently and as far as I remember it's mostly Yarra going "You in" and Qum goes "yeah" or something and then the scene starts. There's some times were Yarra tells Qum that they may have to do stuff for the sake of simon, but she doesn't really apply pressure as far as I remember. Qum is just like "Yeah, I know I'm Simons, I'm good." All my playthroughs have been Qum at 100 at that point though, maybe it's different if you are lower?

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
If you're going to argue Simon might be fallible enough for that, what about the merchant girl? I recall he *could* put her under his control enough to suck up millions of pron, yet he chose not to and it backfired. It's consistently against his persona to force unwilling participants, heck, he was even against "forcing" Qum when she was a willing participant.
I meant fallible about thinking Qum was actually okay with doing it, or at the very least think it wouldn't be that big of a deal to her because she's a succubus, not fallible to the point of forcing her against her consent. Either way, I agree that on the whole it goes against Simon's character, but so are things like fucking some of the prostitutes in Stineford (i.e the noble for being insufferable and the zirantian for being basically a slave), the early game just had more choices playing around with the idea of Simon having to draw some power from "corruption".

Also I would say not taking control of Megail only backfired in the short term, and only because there was a real risk of her exposing him. In the long run it was much better to have her keep her business to support their early ventures rather than just bleeding it dry, also having an expert like Megail willingly handling his business is much more productive than having her mind-controlled, which would have in all likelyhood affected either her abilities or her loyalty in the long term. There are many reasons besides the obvious moral ones for why dominating Megail wasn't a good idea, it was only a briefly considered contingency when she became a security risk.

As for the rest of your post, I agree with you. The game eventually has a couple events detailing Qum's personal feelings about that time period, but most of my arguments are operating in backwards reasoning, I already know the result and the game estabilishes that Qum was ultimately not well with being whored nor happy with her condition at the start of the game, so with that I'm attempting to frame all the previous events in a way that logically fits the result.

Looking exclusively at how the game presents things early on, I do personally feel the game does a lot to bait the player into considering to whore Qum, there's the fact she never shows any sign of sadness before that point (my explanation for that is that we play from Simon's perspective, we only see her being cheerful when we go visit her in her cell because Simon visiting cheers her up), and there's also the fact Chapter 1 Yarra has the most irritatingly stereotypical "villain minion" behavior where consent never matters and no way sex can ever be a bad thing, and she acts like that's just the way all succubi are and Simon just "doesn't understand it". I think dev wanted to bait people into whoring Qum, see how she wrote the gangbang scene to be a bit of a bummer and how Qum is looking depressed after it, and then reload and change their decision.

Reactions: Wyrme and KingWeWuz
May 14, 2020
Can someone post a save after the incubus prison? I have a bug that destroyed my inventory and put a chosen in my party.
If you still have a save before you finished the prison that should fix it. And you will start at roughly the point in the screenshot. I should have a save but its my cheat run so heavily edited. If you're still interested let me know.

Follick

Sep 3, 2018
If you still have a save before you finished the prison that should fix it. And you will start at roughly the point in the screenshot. I should have a save but its my cheat run so heavily edited. If you're still interested let me know.
I do have a save before the prison but the bug still happens regardless. I would appreciate if you could post your save.

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
Hey developer ! Whats with the punishing cheaters ? Your game have more writing to read yet So low CG's to see, Dont even talk about the non existence of Gif or animations Yet you took your time to make cheat blocking and punishing them ? Seriously though Wtf ? You supposed to make your game more likeable to the people like rewarding them not punishing them for cheat, its not mmorpg yes they should punish cheater because its not solo play its not fair But YOUR GAME IS freaking P*rn game !
What are you talking about? The "punishments" are extremely sparse, tiny, and easy to avoid. (and if you just want to see the CGs none of that even matters)

Goi

Nov 18, 2017
eh you can cheat easily without any punishment in fact the better ways to cheat are not punished at all

like increasing your level is sometimes but increasing your raw stats to higher than you can get at max level is not(or just giving yourself the end game equipment and enough to fully outfit every party member and change

as an example since level checks rarely like a how much sx you have(pron is the one you want to cheat anyway) and the occasional punishment if you win a fight meant to be unwinnable, the closest thing with pron is you can't buy anything you have no way of affording normally but you can get every investment that you could normally buy at once with no punishment except like the old man going yeah your cheating so can't tell how well you are doing

so really the rpg save maker edit program makes it very easy to cheat with no punishment

as for more writing than CG well the game originally had none and some people still play with them off or skip them because the CG's add very little if noting to the game

4.50 star(s) 180 Votes