DirtyMare88

Jun 26, 2020
Is there some invisible crit advantage to swords over axes that isn't shown? Otherwise it seems that axes are always superior to swords of a similar tier, even when common sense when indicate swords would have some agility benefits or something.

Deepsea

Apr 20, 2017
Is there some invisible crit advantage to swords over axes that isn't shown? Otherwise it seems that axes are always superior to swords of a similar tier, even when common sense when indicate swords would have some agility benefits or something.
Although they increase the Attack stat a little less that the Axes of the same price range, swords have higher accuracy (they miss less than the Axes). Specifically, swords grant 5% bonus to accuracy and critical rate.
Hilstara's weapon of choice (and also wieldable by Ginasta): they increase the Attack stat to the maximum, but to the detriment of accuracy. Specifically, they reduce accuracy and critical rate by 5%.

bansdebar

Jan 11, 2019
it's plain worse. you know carina's man die with the knowledge of the future, in that moment it's just "i want few mercenary for... reasons".
This is wrong, Carina's men survive, protect Feroholm and can still be found there after you decide to upgrade the Feroholm region. I think one of them even had children, but I forgot.

saving or not carina men it's irrilevant about the decision whoring qum.
This is also wrong. Cause if you don't whore qum AND decide to save Carina's men you would lose massive amounts of money down the line.

And yet in your route you allow Trin to copy the corrupt bank clerk and Janine's uncle, despite the fact every copy done before chapter 3 is done without the concern of being able to revive the original and so those people definitely died just so you could gain more money and influence.
Janine's uncle is causing more damage to the realm then good, as per Janine's words. So he's just another bad guy dying. The bank cleric wasn't fully good (he skims money of the player (Tris's words)). Altough his sins are probably not that grave that he deserved to die. But then again his death enabled more money for the player which in the end causes for less casualties in the wars and a better rebuilding of nations.

I don't agree both with you that the whoring event traumatised Qum. She trusts Simon less due to it and is less willing to help him because of it. She doesn't act traumatised, she acts as if she doesn't fully trust Simon which is of course completely legitimate considering. But in the end I think we just have to agree to disagree. I'm not fully convinced by the current arguments, and my arguments are not strong enough to convice you guys.

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
You can definitely save Carina's men without whoring Qum or losing a lot of money, anyway. Here's the save someone has done to specifically optimize for that, with 2572500 ProN return during the after-war investment and 2435000 ProN in the first round of Chapter 4.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
This is wrong, Carina's men survive, protect Feroholm and can still be found there after you decide to upgrade the Feroholm region. I think one of them even had children, but I forgot.
how many soldiers in yhilin mercantile armies where husbands or fathers? how many orphans and widows simon had create in the many war he deliberately engineered?
reply, a lot. a few more don't change basicaly nothing nor change the fact you see them and not the other.

the dicretionary funding reinforcing yhilin-ardoheim border is a lot more effective to protect feroholm, twice more effective.
carina's man alone aren't enough to shiled feroholm from the wrost of the war, only a big enough yhilin army can do it.

This is also wrong. Cause if you don't whore qum AND decide to save Carina's men you would lose massive amounts of money down the line.
the fact you repair bridge earlier mean you don't know basicaly nothing about game optimization. a *good enough* playthrough unwhored qum + saving carina man is possible.
the problem it's saving them don't give you a damn thing, not even carina rp (they will be superflous, but at least it's something), in term of carina affection repair the shrine is impressive better. +20rp alone, for a 10K investment, one of the bigger, if not the biggest gain for a single action

Janine's uncle is causing more damage to the realm then good, as per Janine's words. So he's just another bad guy dying. The bank cleric wasn't fully good (he skims money of the player (Tris's words)). Altough his sins are probably not that grave that he deserved to die. But then again his death enabled more money for the player which in the end causes for less casualties in the wars and a better rebuilding of nations.
two weights two measures based on convenience... sorry but this is a manual case of mirror climb

I don't agree both with you that the whoring event traumatised Qum. She trusts Simon less due to it and is less willing to help him because of it. She doesn't act traumatised, she acts as if she doesn't fully trust Simon which is of course completely legitimate considering. But in the end I think we just have to agree to disagree. I'm not fully convinced by the current arguments, and my arguments are not strong enough to convice you guys.
i advice you to re-read the whole damn game, because it's what happen, no way around, close your eyes for avid to see the truth don't make that thrut vanish.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
For whatever it is worth, even if you manage to somehow max Qum in time, she still fails to save the head of house Thelon if she was whored, indicating she has problems performing and being her usual self in specific situations regardless of how she now feels about Simon. Not to say that she doesn't recover from it eventually, but I'd say that was still the result of trauma, not she willfully being "less willing to help" and letting a guy die because of that.

Either way, AgumenticR posted the playthrough I was thinking of, even if I would personally make a few tweaks here and there, there are several ways of cutting corners to make it financially viable to save Carina's men without whoring Qum, main one being to simply drop the Ardford Supplier, the negative effects for the 3AW shouldn't cause you to drop from any of the relevant thresholds since army variables get recalculated for chapter 4 stuff. The only thing you can't get around is that you won't be able to afford the Arcane/Sexual magical agreement in the Second House of Petitions, but that's still only worth a couple extra Yhilin Acceptance points, not really critical for anything.

We can agree to disagree on the moral side of things, but I think the main thing most people are arguing with you is that you moved the goal posts from "whoring Qum is needed for absolutely optimal results" to "whoring Qum is needed to save Carina's men without financially ruining your playthrough". Now both those statements have been demonstrated to be incorrect, which brings the discussion back to what I have been trying to say from the start, whoring Qum only brings relatively small benefits, it does not "make or break" a playthrough with the extra 15k ProN. If you still feel those benefits are worth the cost then feel free to do it in your playthroughs, but don't act like other people are wrong for not feeling the same, calling people simps for not wanting to whore Qum while simultaneously implying people that don't save Carina's men are inhumane in their optimizations.

Reactions: Wyrme and Bob Jared

DocSilence

Jan 13, 2018
yep, three party memebers, she will be in the party at the start of the section if you rescue her.
for recover her: in the freeroaming section at the start of chapter two, before resolve both varia and impaler problem you need to go in the montain keep of the prologue (in feroholm map the mountain in the map), talk with the lamia of the prologue and entern in the keep, altina is in the right tower 3° floor, but talk (and defeat) everyone. it's good for your army.
Does anyone know if you can still recruit Altina after you recruit Varia? I accidentally started the invasion part before recruiting her but initially thought I just hadn't gotten to her part yet.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Does anyone know if you can still recruit Altina after you recruit Varia?
Yes, you just need to do it before finishing the free roam section, and the free roam section only ends after you have recruited Varia AND have dealt with the Impaler.

DocSilence

Jan 13, 2018
Yes, you just need to do it before finishing the free roam section, and the free roam section only ends after you have recruited Varia AND have dealt with the Impaler.
looks like I have to go back and start a new save file because I dealt with the Impaler first by accident and then found and recruited Varia. Now I am in the Dark Ruins after the Orc Invasion started.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
How to get throug closed doors in the Yhilin mine? There must be keys or that?
there are three keys, two are given by shady people around the city (IIRC square and merchant quarter) the third is carried by a running guy in the mine itself, just catch him.

looks like I have to go back and start a new save file because I dealt with the Impaler first by accident and then found and recruited Varia. Now I am in the Dark Ruins after the Orc Invasion started.
when you go to the ruins is already to late for altina. my advice is to save a lot, and keep all the saves

DocSilence

Jan 13, 2018
there are three keys, two are given by shady people around the city (IIRC square and merchant quarter) the third is carried by a running guy in the mine itself, just catch him.

when you go to the ruins is already to late for altina. my advice is to save a lot, and keep all the saves
I was playing it for the first time since I lost my old data files and I saved as I went along but I accidentally overwrote my save after saving the queen from the coup. Meant to make a second one but I clicked enter too fast.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
I was playing it for the first time since I lost my old data files and I saved as I went along but I accidentally overwrote my save after saving the queen from the coup. Meant to make a second one but I clicked enter too fast.
you have 99 save slot. use them, all of them

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
Bit of a specific question, but after having played once just making my own decisions, I am currently following Tosha's playthrough. In the chapter 2 reunion it recommends talking with Megail first, getting her a rp boost. Does anyone know if there's a specific reason behind that? It's no big deal. I am just curious since I found Megail to be really trivial to max in my first playthrough and I can't recall her rp being very important at any early point.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Bit of a specific question, but after having played once just making my own decisions, I am currently following Tosha's playthrough. In the chapter 2 reunion it recommends talking with Megail first, getting her a rp boost. Does anyone know if there's a specific reason behind that? It's no big deal. I am just curious since I found Megail to be really trivial to max in my first playthrough and I can't recall her rp being very important at any early point.
reach 100 rp with her in BoY aftermath it's a massive bonus. very hard to have a perfect BoY (no repair needed) without that -2 chaos
you gain another bonus when you close house jade in the first yhilin iteration [+1 Victory point] and there aren't any rp gain for her in the middle

Reactions: Wyrme and Alandir

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
the huge amount of feedback the game give you about how much qum was traumatized by the experience this is just some pretext to justify your position.
if she was yarra, you probably were correct, but qum isn't exactly the standard succubus, so the standard reasoning about succubus aren't alwasy right with her.
From what I remember she wasn't bothered by it at all until that point unless sierra changed it? In fact, as I recall, when she was the literal cumdump for the soldiers, she even encouraged simon to abuse her, the reason she was upset at him was because he didn't do it. Then immediately after leaving the town, you're ambushed by slavers, and when you "rescue" Qum from him, he complains she just can't get enough sex with him.

Then you're given an option to whore her out. And for whatever reason it's the bad option, and she's unwilling. I don't even know why simon is given the option to do this, it's completely against his persona.

Then at the gathering she seems perfectly willing to fuck orcs and ogres with yarra if you don't whore her out so idk why the qum whored was such a traumatic experience for her.

May 14, 2020
In fact, as I recall, when she was the literal cumdump for the soldiers, she even encouraged simon to abuse her, the reason she was upset at him was because he didn't do it.
Iirc she never claimed to like being the soldiers cumdump, I mean it doesn't help she calls herself cumdump and at that point you don't know she got that name being bullied yet.

It could be she wanted Simon because 1. She could feel his IK aura 2. Simon is the bestest Simon or some other Qum like expression. I think Qum is a good judge of character though because she is able to see things on a different level/plane, maybe she just knew.

Also later in the game there is a roleplaying sex scene to "overwrite" a bad experience so to speak. (the roleplay situation is about when she was locked in Feroholm church)
So clearly if she needs to overwrite those bad memories it means there are bad memories to begin with, she didn't enjoy it. It might not have been as obvious at the time (or it was I don't remember enough to comment) but we get confirmation later on that it was indeed traumatic because at that point that was years ago and its still an issue apparently.

Reactions: Wyrme

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
From what I remember she wasn't bothered by it at all until that point unless sierra changed it? In fact, as I recall, when she was the literal cumdump for the soldiers, she even encouraged simon to abuse her, the reason she was upset at him was because he didn't do it. Then immediately after leaving the town, you're ambushed by slavers, and when you "rescue" Qum from him, he complains she just can't get enough sex with him.

Then you're given an option to whore her out. And for whatever reason it's the bad option, and she's unwilling. I don't even know why simon is given the option to do this, it's completely against his persona.

Then at the gathering she seems perfectly willing to fuck orcs and ogres with yarra if you don't whore her out so idk why the qum whored was such a traumatic experience for her.
an you remember it wrong. if the action don't impact qum, why exist a huge list of drawback?
noteworthy her inability to heal the head of house thelon even if maxed?

4.50 star(s) 180 Votes