bansdebar

Jan 11, 2019
I just finished it to the last update. I'm around 44 hours of playtime, but I needed to read the walkthough while playing in order to do everything so it was fairly slow.
I love to use the calculator to plan the ideal route before playing it. Already finished the game without out it. Calculating takes longer then playing hahaha, Now waiting for the game to finish before giving it one last calculated run.

JustADude321

Feb 23, 2018
I just finished it to the last update. I'm around 44 hours of playtime, but I needed to read the walkthough while playing in order to do everything so it was fairly slow.
Only 44 hours? My guy, I decided to replay the game last month to see just how far it had come, and I've spent over a hundred on that save.

bansdebar

Jan 11, 2019
I love how the creator made the impact to whore qum out so impactful. You can only get the optimal outcome so far by whoring her out for that sweet 15k. So that basically means you save a lot of people, trauma etc by whoring out one of your harem members. So people can say they love qum by not whoring her out, but they are also outright insane that they don't care about the thousands whatnot that would die if you don't whore her out. And qum partakes later in gangbangs anyway. So it's not like she only fucks you in the story anyway.

The best part about this is that it resembles real life about where there is no optimal happy path to follow.

Tldr; people who don't whore out qum are monsters

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
I love how the creator made the impact to whore qum out so impactful. You can only get the optimal outcome so far by whoring her out for that sweet 15k. So that basically means you save a lot of people, trauma etc by whoring out one of your harem members. So people can say they love qum by not whoring her out, but they are also outright insane that they don't care about the thousands whatnot that would die if you don't whore her out. And qum partakes later in gangbangs anyway. So it's not like she only fucks you in the story anyway.

The best part about this is that it resembles real life about where there is no optimal happy path to follow.

wrong, in the long run whoring her don't bring you more money, you can have a short term boost in revenue but there ins't a lot of opportunity to capitalize the extra 15K.

you can check my min-max playthrough to an unwhored playthrough achieving everything a legit playthrough can achieve.
+ +

Last edited:

bansdebar

Jan 11, 2019
wrong, in the long run whoring her don't bring you more money, you can have a short term boost in revenue but there ins't a lot of opportunity to capitalize the extra 15K.

you can check my min-max playthrough to an unwhored playthrough achieving everything a legit playthrough can achieve.
+ +
I didn't log everything as nicely as you did but in all the calculations I did it made a massive impact.

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017

Whoring qum is the worst decision in the long run.

bansdebar

Jan 11, 2019
you cannot have achieve something i cannot.
because this is the best possibile outcome with a legit run.
Dunno I did tho. I'll post my calculation later. But would be a shame if not whoring her out would be better. A hard ratfic is better then a soppy Hollywood story. Not everything should en happy.

May 14, 2020
Dunno I did tho. I'll post my calculation later. But would be a shame if not whoring her out would be better. A hard ratfic is better then a soppy Hollywood story. Not everything should en happy.
People have gone through the code and checked what the best possible outcomes are, I can guarantee 100% that you're wrong and you're either misremembering or missing something else.

Especially this subject (whoring Qum) has been checked at least 10 times, each time the discussion ends with the fact that it doesn't help you in the long run at all.

And if you really want to go against what everyone already said multiple times, bring some proof.

Reactions: Snugglepuff

bansdebar

Jan 11, 2019
Here, now all simps and white knights begone. Something is true until it is disproven. Otherwise it's just pseudo science.

May 14, 2020
Something is true until it is disproven.
? Absolutely fucking not.

That would mean anything you can't disprove is automatically true. Take religion for instance, in its broader sense (the existence of a god) you can't disprove it. But does that make it true? Hell nah.

Same for what you're saying, multiple people made calculations (that are public, either here, TLS forum or the discord) for the optimal route and if whoring qum helps. Most of those people know a lot about this game and I highly doubt you come along without help of others (they usually discuss these things so the theory is essentially peer reviewed) and improve the optimal route.

Even if you think whoring qum enables something for you its likely only because you didn't think about something else.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Here, now all simps and white knights begone. Something is true until it is disproven. Otherwise it's just pseudo science.
you are using an awful old version of the calculator. at least use the most recent one...
and use the right extension for the save.

edit: checked the save -> avoid megail gift and buy bridge repair

edit2:
my min-max return vs yours

after war cycle
me Total Profit 2687500
you Total Profit 2592500

first chapter 4:
me Total Profit: 2500000
you Total Profit: 2440000

lol you had lesser money compared my run.

Last edited:

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
I mean, it is an okay playthrough but what exactly do you think you are achieving by whoring Qum that other optimal saves do not? The only positive thing I'm seeing here is saving Carina's men but that's something most people choose to not do due to a complete lack of meaningful rewards from doing it (I think there is like one person that tries to optimize for doing that without whoring Qum but I'm not super familiar with what are the setbacks they face).

On the flipside you are not getting the Eustrin Processor (already losing money compared to other optimal saves), you fail the best result for Yarra's Forging Ties quest due to low Yhilin Acceptance delaying the second house of petitions (since you whore Qum and you also skip the Yhilin bank), and otherwise you are just matching or losing to other optimal saves, not exceeding them in any way I can picture.

I have nothing against runs that choose to whore Qum, I don't think they are as disastrous as some people make them out to be, ultimately a well managed "whored Qum" route only potentially loses a tiny ammount of Yhilin acceptance, 2 days during Simon's route (so around 500 xp on Nalili), and some RP of unknown value with some lategame characters. But the main detriment to a "whored Qum" route has always been that it doesn't add anything to an optimal route, and this is still the case for the save you posted.

If you can't point out anything that the extra 15k ProN actually enabled you to do that other saves cannot (which is not the case for saving Carina's men, most optimized saves choose to not save them and that will only change if they ever grant any meaningful rewards), then you are failing to justify the choice of whoring Qum over not doing it.

bansdebar

Jan 11, 2019
I mean, it is an okay playthrough but what exactly do you think you are achieving by whoring Qum that other optimal saves do not? The only positive thing I'm seeing here is saving Carina's men but that's something most people choose to not do due to a complete lack of meaningful rewards from doing it (I think there is like one person that tries to optimize for doing that without whoring Qum but I'm not super familiar with what are the setbacks they face).

On the flipside you are not getting the Eustrin Processor (already losing money compared to other optimal saves), you fail the best result for Yarra's Forging Ties quest due to low Yhilin Acceptance delaying the second house of petitions (since you whore Qum and you also skip the Yhilin bank), and otherwise you are just matching or losing to other optimal saves, not exceeding them in any way I can picture.

I have nothing against runs that choose to whore Qum, I don't think they are as disastrous as some people make them out to be, ultimately a well managed "whored Qum" route only potentially loses a tiny ammount of Yhilin acceptance, 2 days during Simon's route (so around 500 xp on Nalili), and some RP of unknown value with some lategame characters. But the main detriment to a "whored Qum" route has always been that it doesn't add anything to an optimal route, and this is still the case for the save you posted.

If you can't point out anything that the extra 15k ProN actually enabled you to do that other saves cannot (which is not the case for saving Carina's men, most optimized saves choose to not save them and that will only change if they ever grant any meaningful rewards), then you are failing to justify the choice of whoring Qum over not doing it.
So you're basically saying it's better to kill carina's men then to whore out qum?
That's some dark stuff.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
So you're basically saying it's better to kill carina's men then to whore out qum?
That's some dark stuff.
It's less dark than whoring out someone who was routinely abused by guards for their own gratification as a prisoner, prior to Simon freeing her and her joining the group. Hell, it's downright wholesome by comparison!

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
That's some dark stuff.
Pretty much, it is a cleaner ending to the battle since it gets rid of all the witnesses and potential loose ends, no one can be allowed to even suspect of Simon's secret. /s

But yeah, looking exclusively at the numbers it is not just a matter of "one or the other", even if you whore Qum you are still not fully making up for the financial losses of hiring an early group of mercenaries, and like I said there was someone that claimed to be able to get a good playthrough by optimizing a route where they didn't whore Qum but also hired early mercenaries, so in that case the question is shifted and turned back to you as "Is it better to pressure a girl into prostituting herself and getting roughly gangbanged for a few weeks rather than missing one or two minor investments?"

If we get down to sentimentalism anything can be worth anything, but sticking to cold numbers there is still nothing being improved by whoring Qum in an optimized scenario.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
That's some dark stuff.
if saving them bring some concrete reward,yes.
but they don't exist. simon kill a bar owner in cold blood because he want selling his booze and kickstart his economic empire.
let carina's men die isn't worst of that.

by cold number saving them give you a armor you can buy for 5K Sx and a buff during the war irrilevant if you reinforce ardheim border (a thing you want to do regardelss), and even if you don't reinforce the border for capitalizing the bonus of carina's man you require a army size of 200 for the battle of stineford (after you already take some mandatory losses, so you need to start with a bigger army, not a easy task). and nothing more.

even if i have the money to hire the iron's cudgel i will not spend on them, it's not worth the 40K they cost.

bansdebar

Jan 11, 2019
Pretty much, it is a cleaner ending to the battle since it gets rid of all the witnesses and potential loose ends, no one can be allowed to even suspect of Simon's secret. /s

But yeah, looking exclusively at the numbers it is not just a matter of "one or the other", even if you whore Qum you are still not fully making up for the financial losses of hiring an early group of mercenaries, and like I said there was someone that claimed to be able to get a good playthrough by optimizing a route where they didn't whore Qum but also hired early mercenaries, so in that case the question is shifted and turned back to you as "Is it better to pressure a girl into prostituting herself and getting roughly gangbanged for a few weeks rather than missing one or two minor investments?"

If we get down to sentimentalism anything can be worth anything, but sticking to cold numbers there is still nothing being improved by whoring Qum in an optimized scenario.
Yeah, good to see you understand there is more then maximizing money. You could argue that it's ok for carina's men to die. But if you let them live they become valuable members of the community of feroholm. They help fight off some looters and protect feroholm of destruction. They also live morally good lives and try to do the good thing (hence religious fighters and not mercenaries).

Killing the barguy in feroholm is ofcourse not good from a moral perspective as he just sells alcohol to addicts. And like they say, cut him down and another one shows up (and it did). But if you look at all the things that it enabled like the overthrowing of the bad incubi king and fucklord etc, then from a utilitarianistic approach it's perfectly reasonable to kill this person.

But doing one thing like that doesn't mean you should disregard all life thereafter. Even after one bad act you can still do good. But I still find it funny that people try to defend, that whoring a SUCCUBUS out (a creature literally living off sex and thinks of sex the same way as of breathing)(and fucks others in the story regardless) is more terrible then to let people die who try to actually make the world a better place. Like imagine you would be the parent of one of those men then you would seethe at people actually simping qum. Carina's men are not some shady vagabonds.. Qum's sacrifice made the world a better place.

And looking at the other respondants..
Yes I think that saving Carina's men is more important from a human perspective then to make some more cash. Hope the people in charge of you won't ever think the way you did, for your sake.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Yeah, good to see you understand there is more then maximizing money. You could argue that it's ok for carina's men to die. But if you let them live they become valuable members of the community of feroholm. They help fight off some looters and protect feroholm of destruction. They also live morally good lives and try to do the good thing (hence religious fighters and not mercenaries).
this is pure headcanon fluff, without anything in the game telling you that. and if you talk about the feedback line during the war, they are basicaly few soldier among many, just more experienced, but if you reinforce the border simon's soldier are enough to protect feroholm from any serius damage (it's war, people die)

Killing the barguy in feroholm is ofcourse not good from a moral perspective as he just sells alcohol to addicts. And like they say, cut him down and another one shows up (and it did). But if you look at all the things that it enabled like the overthrowing of the bad incubi king and fucklord etc, then from a utilitarianistic approach it's perfectly reasonable to kill this person.
it's plain worse. you know carina's man die with the knowledge of the future, in that moment it's just "i want few mercenary for... reasons".
the bar owner is "i want money, that guy it's only one with something wort to sell and so i kill and rob him".

But doing one thing like that doesn't mean you should disregard all life thereafter. Even after one bad act you can still do good. But I still find it funny that people try to defend, that whoring a SUCCUBUS out (a creature literally living off sex and thinks of sex the same way as of breathing)(and fucks others in the story regardless) is more terrible then to let people die who try to actually make the world a better place. Like imagine you would be the parent of one of those men then you would seethe at people actually simping qum. Carina's men are not some shady vagabonds.. Qum's sacrifice made the world a better place.
the huge amount of feedback the game give you about how much qum was traumatized by the experience this is just some pretext to justify your position.
if she was yarra, you probably were correct, but qum isn't exactly the standard succubus, so the standard reasoning about succubus aren't alwasy right with her.

Yes I think that saving Carina's men is more important from a human perspective then to make some more cash. Hope the people in charge of you won't ever think the way you did, for your sake.
you save way more people with the money coparing saving a few soldiers.
and this is irrilevant about whoring qum, whoring her give you 15K, iron cudgel cost you 40K
it isn't even the half of the cost.

saving or not carina men it's irrilevant about the decision whoring qum.
whoring her bring a lot of negative effect and bring less to nothing reward (you cannot capitalize the extra 15K in any sigfificative way)
let carina men die don't bring any negative effect (not even carina rp), and saving them bring nothing as reward.

this are the numbers, and the game, nothing more.

Last edited:

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
But I still find it funny that people try to defend, that whoring a SUCCUBUS out (a creature literally living off sex and thinks of sex the same way as of breathing)(and fucks others in the story regardless) is more terrible then to let people die who try to actually make the world a better place. Like imagine you would be the parent of one of those men then you would seethe at people actually simping qum. Carina's men are not some shady vagabonds.. Qum's sacrifice made the world a better place.
It is a contentious issue and I will fully admit that in my first playthrough I also got baited into thinking there was nothing wrong with whoring Qum (I blame that mostly on the fact chapter 1 Yarra gives some seriously misguiding impressions on what it actually means to be a succubus), but ultimately it is important to remember that being a succubus doesn't mean having no standards nor does it mean enjoying any type of sexual interaction regardless of context.

Qum's special condition as well as the fact that she personally only likes "happy sex" means that Simon, the only person that had treated her nicely in a long time (she was bullied by other succubi, then taken prisoner by soldiers who hated her kind and treated her as purely an object), pressuring her into accepting to spend weeks having sex with brutish men that want to be hurtful and demeaning while having sex with her is a pretty fucking shitty thing to do.

Also once again, there is nothing stopping you from having a route where you still save Carina's men but don't whore Qum. If you think the benefits of whoring Qum are worth the costs in a route where you are dealing with the expenses of saving Carina's men, that's your prerogative, but don't try to claim any kind of moral superiority when you are arguing for traumatizing an innocent soul in exchange for a few extra fully optional investments.
And yet in your route you allow Trin to copy the corrupt bank clerk and Janine's uncle, despite the fact every copy done before chapter 3 is done without the concern of being able to revive the original and so those people definitely died just so you could gain more money and influence. Both of those things are entirely optional and they do not prevent you from achieving the big goals of "overthrowing the bad incubus kings".

If you want to roleplay then feel free to roleplay, there no right or wrong way to go about that, as the player you can choose what you think is worthwhile and what isn't. Just get off your high horse when judging what other people consider worthwhile in their playthroughs (i.e not putting Qum through a traumatic experience), and don't try to dismiss the fact that purely mechanical optimizations do exist, regardless of if you agree with the decisions that lead to those optimizations or not.

4.50 star(s) 180 Votes