Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
Cumdump has voluntary sex with an ogre and a bunch of orcs at the gathering when you don't whore her out. So much to her faithfulness. :heartcoveredeyes:
Concerning the other people dieing, some sacrifices have to be made. Sacrificing Carina's men are not in the necessary sacrifice department.;)

Also Simon isn't aware that Cumdump is actually badly mistreated by the whore house customers. I admit that argument can be made for the consequence of not hiring mercs too though.^^
Qum makes a very convincing argument as to why it is alright if you get her to 100 Rp before hand though.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
So there's such a thing as a perfect playthrough for this game?
You must have everyone happy at your party, you must make right investments, there are "good" and "bad" choices, there is a "right" way to play if you don't wanna miss content out?
Meh, kinda disappointing tbh. I thought TLS was all about variety and that would be shown in the long run, that even if you make dubious choices and actions, you're still gonna experience nice content, just in different ways.
Have you not been paying attention at all? Of course there are 'better' choices then other, like avoiding that GOD DAMN FLOWER FESTIVAL but there are always variety of choices and choosing what you value more. Do you hurt a friend for some Pron, do unite with Aram against the common enemy or let them get killed off for your own later use, do you give the nation a Good king or one that will make Tyna happy?

Reactions: mesoru

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
Have you not been paying attention at all?
I only played only once an earlier version (can't remember which was), so i may be clouded with misconceptions based on what i've been reading here.
I must also be clear that when i mentioned different content based on choices and actions, i was talking about something similar to branching plot, in TLS's case: different quests, allies, investments, choices and how each of these factors give you a whole new experience (through the game and in the endings). Not about something like this: this is bad you so you mustn't choose it. But something like this: this has bad and good points, depending on your perspective (that's the impression i got from TLS). In games like this, i usually go for pragmatic aproachs (like i did for my playthrough), but i also like to know, that even if i'm missing out some content, i'm gaining a new one, so that's why i gave my opinion. Thx for clarifying anyway.
I'm still on the fence about how everything will tie in the end, but you guys gave some food for thought.

Reactions: Waxer

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
I only played only once an earlier version (can't remember which was), so i may be clouded with misconceptions based on what i've been reading here.
I must also be clear that when i mentioned different content based on choices and actions, i was talking about something similar to branching plot, in TLS's case: different quests, allies, investments, choices and how each of these factors give you a whole new experience (through the game and in the endings). Not about something like this: this is bad you so you mustn't choose it. But something like this: this has bad and good points, depending on your perspective (that's the impression i got from TLS). In games like this, i usually go for pragmatic aproachs (like i did for my playthrough), but i also like to know, that even if i'm missing out some content, i'm gaining a new one, so that's why i gave my opinion. Thx for clarifying anyway.
I'm still on the fence about how everything will tie in the end, but you guys gave some food for thought.
It's not so much that you'll have different quests, allies, etc. based on your choices since your goals are always the same, but achieving those goals might be easier or more difficult depending on your choices.

For example, you'll have a choice to "invest" in Dwaren embassy which will cost you most of your resources at the time, severely limiting your options to invest in something that will make you money. On the other hand, making the investment will make it easier for you to achieve all of your goals at the Summit since you'll have an option to influence Dwaren vote.

There will be a trade off for every decision, and in case of choosing what to research even order in which you complete it matter...

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
Problem is, Unpeople motion passing is causing way too much trouble and it's not worth those 150k ProN more...

Except you'll have need Flotilla to discredit one of the pretenders during Chapter 4 succession crisis... not to mention that Flotilla might play a part in Chapter 4/5 conflicts.
The flotila can still give a +1 to discredit the merchant guy, and even without it you can still get it down to impossible for him, with regards to the next battle I will find a way, beside I did invest in the airship so theres bound to be good things coming.

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
You must have everyone happy at your party, you must make right investments, there are "good" and "bad" choices, there is a "right" way to play if you don't wanna miss content out?
Meh, kinda disappointing tbh. I thought TLS was all about variety and that would be shown in the long run, that even if you make dubious choices and actions, you're still gonna experience nice content, just in different ways.
its yes and ni, yes theres an optimize way of playing it but in order to get that way you need to follow the wiki, if your playing blind you don't know what your gonna get.

jl319

Aug 10, 2017
No there is no 'perfect' playthrough, -I've tried practically everything- save scumming, optimized playthroughs, you name it, and it didn't suit my OC-ness. In the end, I gave up and decided to cheat using Save Editor. I got my wish. "Perfect Playthrough". So I have two folders for TLS. One with the game I cheat using Save Editor, and the other that i don't cheat in. It's not really hard to guess which one I enjoy more.

vusun123

Sep 13, 2017
You still "experience nice content", Sierra always have the worst playthrough possible in mind when creating new contents

EXBV

Aug 23, 2017
Honestly, I'm more excited to see how chapter 4 plays out and its end...which is why I'm halting myself from picking this back up again. I stopped at the end of current content cap back when only the opening dialogue to chapter 4 was available...

I think that for every person who isn't concerned about the decisions and their impact in chapter 4, there are those who do care enough, and would rather wait before prepping again to access what they want/need and will have by end of chapter 4...I'm one of those people.

Which is why I am very excited to see what Sierra has in store! I just have to survive till next year....

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
Also another thing of choice is what happens if Kara died how will that resolve Orcent relationship with the maid.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
The flotila can still give a +1 to discredit the merchant guy, and even without it you can still get it down to impossible for him, with regards to the next battle I will find a way, beside I did invest in the airship so theres bound to be good things coming.
True, but in order to do that you need to use one of Trin's copies which is an extremely rare resource.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
a game like this is a rpg (western type), but TLS is a JRPG, usualy a JRPG had a main story set in stone, with few-near-null change that matter, often the only bifurcation is in the end of the game. for that standard TLS had an impressive amount of content changed by player choice. and yes, there is some time a option is totaly superior to another, but they are rare. more often is a balance between gain and loss for the option. [like lynine/orilise, the first give you more xp and money, but the latter grant more hidden stat gain]

Hung Gen

Sep 16, 2017
True, but in order to do that you need to use one of Trin's copies which is an extremely rare resource.
That's only an issue if Trin didn't get back the slots used for the banker and Jade House copies, which should be 6 or so.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
You can get him to "back off" with a score of 4- acquired from "100 Megail RP" "High RP dari talking to holy night" "Talk to Merchant guild as a member" and "Talk to the Flotilla guy WITHOUT investment". As a good score is 4 and the best one is 6. So getting that one extra point from owning the flotilla does absolutely nothing unless you want to cough up 100,000 pron to the bank which is a TERRIBLE investment.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
That's only an issue if Trin didn't get back the slots used for the banker and Jade House copies, which should be 6 or so.
jade house copies are free after raiding the house base in the first 'govern yhilin'. (except the aramite one, he remain operative). the 'bulk' of trin copies in chapter three are made for the airship trade negotiation, they are dismiss (with janine's uncle if copied) after the janine-simon wedding.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
One thing i'd love is if we could swap Carina for Sarai.

Carina hasn't really developed as a character and, personally, I don't think she fits in at all.

She has a handful of scenes that are decent but that's only because of the other people in them. In a cast full of quite strong personalities she is, by far, the most boring.

I suppose I don't really get her purpose for being there. Maybe she has better content coming up, I certainly hope so because so far she is the weak link in a game full of good characters.

I'd hate to lose any of the other girls but if Carina was to leave that wouldn't be a loss in my opinion. Personally I think the harem would be a better place without her.

The handful of sex scenes including her have felt awkward.

Any scene with Qum is a good scene but even she couldn't save the sex scene with Carina.

It's like having a platter full of gorgeous, sexy meat and someone put a brussel sprout on just to piss you off.

Take Carina, give me Sarai, the harem will be grateful for it.

Also can't find anymore investments for Chalice and Iris is still stuck on 99 and it's starting to annoy me.

Reactions: Smartphone

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017

Carina hasn't really developed as a character and, personally, I don't think she fits in at all.

She has a handful of scenes that are decent but that's only because of the other people in them. In a cast full of quite strong personalities she is, by far, the most boring.

I suppose I don't really get her purpose for being there. Maybe she has better content coming up, I certainly hope so because so far she is the weak link in a game full of good characters.

I'd hate to lose any of the other girls but if Carina was to leave that wouldn't be a loss in my opinion. Personally I think the harem would be a better place without her.

Any scene with Qum is a good scene but even she couldn't save the sex scene with Carina.

It's like having a platter full of gorgeous, sexy meat and someone put a brussel sprout on just to piss you off.

Also can't find anymore investments for Chalice and Iris is still stuck on 99 and it's starting to annoy me.
at the moment varia is the most undeveloped character, only in the end of alonon dialogue she make a little stand up, but for a chapter and half (after recruit her to the end of ardoheim succession crisis) she was a background element.
for carina developement we need some solid information on the goddess, she want answer (me too, btw) on the divine sphere.

for iris the chalice score needed is 50, but she will 'unlock' the 100 rp status only after a chapter iteration (when megail give you the new pron)

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017

I think that was by design... after all she is supposed to be one of Ivala's priestess and her behavior is pretty much similar to every other priestess we met (Sarai being sole exception, but then again that's only because we get to see her in private... her public persona is very much in line with how priestess are supposed to act).

Same goes for Carina's sex scenes... they're supposed to be awkward because she's supposed to be awkward when it came to sex. You're right, not even Qum can help there.

There are some subtle changes to her character but nothing major... which is in line with how Simon operate since he doesn't want someone who will blindly follow him. That mean he had to leave each woman with their original personality which he did (Altina and Varia being exception due to unique circumstances).

gebruiksnaam

Nov 28, 2017

She has great scenes with Nalilli and works as kind of a moral compass to bring us back to earth when things get a bit to crazy. I mean with five sex-crazed, anything goes succubi i find it nice to have at least one voice of decency that brings us back to earth and i appreciate things like the dialogue she had with Janine about the harem. In my opinion her character arc of losing her faith is definitely interesting and still developing. Besides all that i'd hate to lose her because she and Varia carry all of my boss fights :coldsweat:.

The one i wouldn't mind to lose is saner Altina. I do not know if her cockwhore version is any better but she has absolutely no role in the harem. Maybe it's because Sierra has to write two versions of her (and even then she's optional) that she doesn't really get much character development but right now she is just insecure. That's her entire personality. And battle wise she is a worse version of Riala.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
She has great scenes with Nalilli and works as kind of a moral compass to bring us back to earth when things get a bit to crazy. I mean with five sex-crazed, anything goes succubi i find it nice to have at least one voice of decency that brings us back to earth and i appreciate things like the dialogue she had with Janine about the harem. In my opinion her character arc of losing her faith is definitely interesting and still developing. Besides all that i'd hate to lose her because she and Varia carry all of my boss fights :coldsweat:.

The one i wouldn't mind to lose is saner Altina. I do not know if her cockwhore version is any better but she has absolutely no role in the harem. Maybe it's because Sierra has to write two versions of her (and even then she's optional) that she doesn't really get much character development but right now she is just insecure. That's her entire personality. And battle wise she is a worse version of Riala.
I don't think you are using her right Altinas base element attacks are on par with Robins lances, her ability to poison on command is vital if used right, and Quake is a one of the best AOE attacks.

4.50 star(s) 186 Votes