Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Altina is one of my main nukers. I don't think I could cope without her Varia and Aka. Varia nuking and Altina healing her have carried more fights than I can count. It would take less healing if Varias attacks didn't take her life but then she would be slightly overpowered.

As far as characters go though, I stand by my earlier sentiment, Carina has shown no growth.

Yarra has massive character growth as the game goes on as does Orcent (granted mainly because of Orc Floof). Even Varia and Altina has personality changes as the game goes on despite having far less screen time than some of the others. Hell, Uyae has more character growth than Carina and she's barely present for most of the game.

Carina starts off "why is Ivala not talking to me" and that's how she stays. Considering the game spans years in their time she has zero progression of character.

There is only so many times I can hear one person whine about Ivala ignoring her.

I get she wants answers and I want to swap her with Sarai.

The orgy when Iris first joins tells the story better.

Not one single person is anywhere near Carina. Yes I know she's not interested in anyone else and they all respect that but that's my point. She's in a corner, on her own with no one else remotely interacting with her. Even in the harem, in their most intimate moments, she's an outsider.

She just doesn't seem to belong. Despite all the years they have supposedly been together she is still on the outside on her own.

for iris the chalice score needed is 50, but she will 'unlock' the 100 rp status only after a chapter iteration (when megail give you the new pron)
My Chalice State is on 73 and i've finished all content except the stuff in this update. I have no more chapter changes yet she's still stuck on 99.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
As far as characters go though, I stand by my earlier sentiment, Carina has shown no growth.

Yarra has massive character growth as the game goes on as does Orcent (granted mainly because of Orc Floof). Even Varia and Altina has personality changes as the game goes on despite having far less screen time than some of the others. Hell, Uyae has more character growth than Carina and she's barely present for most of the game.

Carina starts off "why is Ivala not talking to me" and that's how she stays. Considering the game spans years in their time she has zero progression of character.

There is only so many times I can hear one person whine about Ivala ignoring her.

Not one single person is anywhere near Carina. Yes I know she's not interested in anyone else and they all respect that but that's my point. She's in a corner, on her own with no one else remotely interacting with her. Even in the harem, in their most intimate moments, she's an outsider.

She just doesn't seem to belong. Despite all the years they have supposedly been together she is still on the outside on her own.
Carina showed some small growth but it's very, very subtle. You are correct that other characters showed far more growth then her tho.

One thing you're wrong is her "why is Ivala not talking to me" part... it's "why did Ivala stop talking to me?" When we first met her she is one of the few priestess who had Ivala talking to her and guiding her. It was only after the events taking place at Dark Tower and her joining the Harem that Ivala stopped talking to her. Loosing the ability to speak to Ivala is rather traumatic event so I can understand her wanting to get answers as to why. But it's also what's blocking her growth and essentially making her an outsider. On the other hand, if she really was guided by Ivala than that mean Ivala wanted her as part of Harem! So by remaining an outsider (possibly because she believe Ivala would wan't her to do it, due to current view on sex by Church!), she's not following Ivala's wish which is probably why she can't hear Ivala anymore...

Personally, I can't wait for her to get some answers from Ivala...

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
Altina is one of my main nukers. I don't think I could cope without her Varia and Aka. Varia nuking and Altina healing her have carried more fights than I can count. It would take less healing if Varias attacks didn't take her life but then she would be slightly overpowered.

My Chalice State is on 73 and i've finished all content except the stuff in this update. I have no more chapter changes yet she's still stuck on 99.
While I see where you are coming from I can't help but disagree, I think you are ignoring just as many examples are you are stating. She and Nallli have their friendship though and some of their talks are adorable from the cultural gap. And she helps the group a lot in religious affairs. I think we saw her grow clearly when she let both the succubus who snuck into Yhillin cathedral AND the fake nun in Ta'kan go because their intentions were in the right place. I don't think old inqusition Carina would have done that. And even in matters of Ivala she has shown change, I can not remmeber the exact point but before the 3rd war she has a great conversation of baring her heart and soul to Ivala in her prayers and still hearing nothing. She doen't come out and say it but I think that was the momment she went from blaming her own 'weakness' for losing Ivala voice, to questioning Ivala herself.

And as for Iris you have to wait for the next iteration of pron, which makes sense Iris getting to 100 before half the harem thats been with you for years was more then a little rushed.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
And as for Iris you have to wait for the next iteration of pron, which makes sense Iris getting to 100 before half the harem thats been with you for years was more then a little rushed.
I have no more content to come.

I've finished everything and she was still stuck on 99.

Wars are done, heir has been dealt with, towers been explored, Dari's been cured, I have a new floof yet Iris is still stuck on 99.

Copied over my save from last update and started from there where she's already on 100. I'd rather have rushed than frustrating.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
She's only at 99??? She start at 30 and throughout the play you can get another 97 RP's with her for a total of 127... that mean you missed out on quite a lot of points along the way.

Not sure if it will be of help, but here is a list of all the RP's you can get with her as of 33.x (I know Sierra said she made some changes but you should had her maximized and locked by the end of that update) so you may see what you missed out on:

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
She's only at 99??? She start at 30 and throughout the play you can get another 97 RP's with her for a total of 127... that mean you missed out on quite a lot of points along the way.

Not sure if it will be of help, but here is a list of all the RP's you can get with her as of 33.x (I know Sierra said she made some changes but you should had her maximized and locked by the end of that update) so you may see what you missed out on:
She now has a cap of 99 if chalice state is less then fifty, it does not affect saves that already reached 100.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
I have no more content to come.

I've finished everything and she was still stuck on 99.

Wars are done, heir has been dealt with, towers been explored, Dari's been cured, I have a new floof yet Iris is still stuck on 99.

Copied over my save from last update and started from there where she's already on 100. I'd rather have rushed than frustrating.
What's wrong with her being at 99 for a time? It makes sense story wise for her to feel out Simon for just a bit longer. On another note why do you already have 73 in chalice states! There are some way better investments around the world in my opinion.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
She now has a cap of 99 if chalice state is less then fifty, it does not affect saves that already reached 100.
I know that, but there were plenty of points for her to get over 100 by the end of 33.x which mean he shouldn't had a problem locking her up and the change should not have affected him.

Also, if I understand how RPGMaker works correctly, her cap only "activate" once you talk to her, you can still get her RP's above 99. Just like how you can get already locked characters RP above 100 but whenever you talk to that character her RP's get reset to 100...

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
I know that, but there were plenty of points for her to get over 100 by the end of 33.x which mean he shouldn't had a problem locking her up and the change should not have affected him.

Also, if I understand how RPGMaker works correctly, her cap only "activate" once you talk to her, you can still get her RP's above 99. Just like how you can get already locked characters RP above 100 but whenever you talk to that character her RP's get reset to 100...
....Unless you start a save before the 4th chapter, like me.

Hung Gen

Sep 16, 2017
jade house copies are free after raiding the house base in the first 'govern yhilin'. (except the aramite one, he remain operative). the 'bulk' of trin copies in chapter three are made for the airship trade negotiation, they are dismiss (with janine's uncle if copied) after the janine-simon wedding.

I don't know where your Trin stood at the start of the Ardo Succession, but mine could have 12 copies and only held 3 copies coming out of final yhilin. That gives me 9 copies to create/waste as I deem worthy or frivolent.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
I don't know where your Trin stood at the start of the Ardo Succession, but mine could have 12 copies and only held 3 copies coming out of final yhilin. That gives me 9 copies to create/waste as I deem worthy or frivolent.
my game is irrilevant, i was talking looking at the game code, the max number of copies trin can make is tied to her RP score, sha start with 6 slot, at the start of aka route gain an additional slot if rp >= 30, two if rp >= 50. when you entern in the negotiation hall she gain more slot 4 if rp >= 100, 3 for rp >= 75, 2 if rp >= 50, 1 otherwise.
this mean you can have a between 7 and 12 max copies slot in chapter four .

before starting the succession crisis the copies trin can manage [if you had the wedding with janine] are yuanuon (mandatory), aramite jade clerk, orgasmic empires noble and the aramite rapist

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
What's wrong with her being at 99 for a time? It makes sense story wise for her to feel out Simon for just a bit longer. On another note why do you already have 73 in chalice states! There are some way better investments around the world in my opinion.
The game is nowhere near complete so i'm not bothering doing proper run throughs yet until all the content is there. I'm just dabbling with certain things to see how they turn out.

I invested in Chalice purely to get Iris to 100. For some reason it's bugged on me and despite finishing all the content she's still stuck on 99.

I worked around it. I played through last updates content and swapped saves over after getting Iris to max.

While I see where you are coming from I can't help but disagree, I think you are ignoring just as many examples are you are stating. She and Nallli have their friendship though and some of their talks are adorable from the cultural gap. And she helps the group a lot in religious affairs. I think we saw her grow clearly when she let both the succubus who snuck into Yhillin cathedral AND the fake nun in Ta'kan go because their intentions were in the right place. I don't think old inqusition Carina would have done that. And even in matters of Ivala she has shown change, I can not remmeber the exact point but before the 3rd war she has a great conversation of baring her heart and soul to Ivala in her prayers and still hearing nothing. She doen't come out and say it but I think that was the momment she went from blaming her own 'weakness' for losing Ivala voice, to questioning Ivala herself.
My biggest gripe is Carina is only there because she has to be.

All the others at least want to be.

If Ivala popped up and said to Carina "I will give you back your purity if you leave the harem" she'd be gone before you could blink.

Reactions: Smartphone

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
The game is nowhere near complete so i'm not bothering doing proper run throughs yet until all the content is there. I'm just dabbling with certain things to see how they turn out.

I invested in Chalice purely to get Iris to 100. For some reason it's bugged on me and despite finishing all the content she's still stuck on 99.
the chapter iterate event script is run at the start of this update (0.34.X), not at the end. it's likely the next run will be at the end of next release (0.35) or at the start of the successive (0.36). if you don't have chalice state score >= 50 at the ending room of 0.33 this isn't a bug, but the correct behavior.

and well, a bunch of character are stuck to 99 (the two elves, dari without the research, carina, elleani, uyae before this update) and some other the 100 rp was in this situation (aka need tho full chapter for unlocking her 100 rp status), why you are annoyed by iris at 99 rp?

If Ivala popped up and said to Carina "I will give you back your purity if you leave the harem" she'd be gone before you could blink.
before the meet with the mother perhaps, after i don't think so.
for a firm monotheist discover the existence of other deity is a big trauma, it's like she lived inside a lie, and spread the false for all her live.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
the chapter iterate event script is run at the start of this update (0.34.X), not at the end. it's likely the next run will be at the end of next release (0.35) or at the start of the successive (0.36). if you don't have chalice state score >= 50 at the ending room of 0.33 this isn't a bug, but the correct behavior.

and well, a bunch of character are stuck to 99 (the two elves, dari without the research, carina, elleani, uyae before this update) and some other the 100 rp was in this situation (aka need tho full chapter for unlocking her 100 rp status), why you are bothered by iris at 99 rp?
I'm bothered by Iris being stuck on 99, and i've said this 4 times now, because i've finished ALL content including this update and she's still stuck on 99.

Dari is at 100, cured and part of the harem, Uyae is at 100 and part of the harem I have nothing left to do yet Iris is still stuck on 99.

The others stuck on 99 I don't care about.

Carina I want gone, Elleani doesn't interest me and the 2 elves are just kinda ... there. I picked one that didn't want me to rape the other yet it gave me both of them anyway.

I've liked Iris as a character since she first popped up in the game. She had a shit job yet did it to try and help her people but still had some amusing scenes before joining up.

The difference between her and others you mentioned is I want Iris in the harem.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
I'm bothered by Iris being stuck on 99, and i've said this 4 times now, because i've finished ALL content including this update and she's still stuck on 99.

Dari is at 100, cured and part of the harem, Uyae is at 100 and part of the harem I have nothing left to do yet Iris is still stuck on 99.

the end of this update don't include the bit of code unlocking iris rp, at the moment in game this can happen only after the alonon meeting in the outerspace. you had a chalice state score >= 50 in that moment? likely the answer is no, so noting is bugged.

dari join the group near the end of chapter two, a whole chapter before you can unlock her, uyae join in the middle of chapter three, and we cannot max her two release after zirantia. iris join after the war, way way way less time of the other example you bring on the table.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017

the end of this update don't include the bit of code unlocking iris rp, at the moment in game this can happen only after the alonon meeting in the outerspace. you had a chalice state score >= 50 in that moment? likely the answer is no, so noting is bugged.

dari join the group near the end of chapter two, a whole chapter before you can unlock her, uyae join in the middle of chapter three, and we cannot max her two release after zirantia. iris join after the war, way way way early of the other example you bring on the table.
Chalice score is 73 and i've finished ALL content ... all of it ... none left to do.

Edit - I didn't realise it would fuck with my game but I miss out on a score during the succession crisis because I can't get the first Iris and Megail scene due to Iris being stuck on 99.

I couldn't get the Iris sabotage part because I can't get that event.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Edit - I didn't realise it would fuck with my game but I miss out on a score during the succession crisis because I can't get the first Iris and Megail scene due to Iris being stuck on 99.

I couldn't get the Iris sabotage part because I can't get that event.
the requisite for that scene is lowered to 199 megail+iris rp

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
the requisite for that scene is lowered to 199 megail+iris rp
I was just coming to say i'd made a mistake. Just replayed that part of the crisis and the sabotage still happens so I was wrong.

Still haven't had the Megail and Iris scene though. Megail is maxed and locked at 100 with Iris on 99 but no scene between them. I checked my economy and that's on 84 with 75 needed to trigger it.

I must have messed up somewhere or missed something.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
I was just coming to say i'd made a mistake. Just replayed that part of the crisis and the sabotage still happens so I was wrong.

Still haven't had the Megail and Iris scene though. Megail is maxed and locked at 100 with Iris on 99 but no scene between them. I checked my economy and that's on 84 with 75 needed to trigger it.

I must have messed up somewhere or missed something.
the first scene is a bed scene, interct with the HQ bed. the second need the first scene and economy >= 75

4.50 star(s) 186 Votes