aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the most ridiculous thing i've ever read. Don't ever work in finance, you'd be bust within the week. Forget your mortgage, bills, food, taxes and cost of living because this guy thinks it's simple to give away a few thousand. Not to mention Patreon taking it's cut.

Imagine a short red head pointing at you and giggling, you would be close to what i'm doing right now.

Lets say each scene has 10 pictures with 150 scenes so just for the art alone she'd need to find between 50 and 100 thousand. Now labour costs for how long that would take would also clock around 10k.

So, around 60k or so minimum on about 3k a month budget, take away living costs and savings for if the shit hits the fan she'd probably have around 500 left over maybe less. At the very least the girl would be paying out her last bit of money for the next 120 months.

But it's okay because this guy said so.

I swear some of you think money magically appears or a few thousand is a lot. Can't wait until you move out on your own, you are in for one hell of a shock sugar.
I live on my own off of around 1/3 of that, I have a mortgage and I pay all my bills on time. I manage just fine. And your estimations are ridiculous, there's no reason she needs 10 unique still images for each scene. She could very easily commission 2-3 images per scene and fill out the CG's a bit at a time. Five to six scenes per month aren't going to break the bank, and within a year's time she'll have a third to half of the scenes caught up with CG's to go along with them.

Six scenes with three images per scene, completed monthly, even at a high estimation of $50 per still image would put her back a whopping $900 per month. Gracious me, that means she gets $4100 instead of $5000 before Patreon and taxes take their cut. However would she manage?

Not once did I state that she should shell out $50-100 grand and have them done all at once. That's a ridiculous idea and frankly no artist would be able to pull that off so quickly and still put out good art anyway.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Six scenes with three images per scene, completed monthly, even at a high estimation of $50 per still image would put her back a whopping $900 per month. Gracious me, that means she gets $4100 instead of $5000 before Patreon and taxes take their cut. However would she manage?
This part is why I don't believe you live on your own.

There isn't 900 a month spare nor does she make anywhere near 5k after patreon takes it's cut. You don't seem to have any money sense whatsoever, you've never handled your own finances.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
I live on my own off of around 1/3 of that, I have a mortgage and I pay all my bills on time. I manage just fine. And your estimations are ridiculous, there's no reason she needs 10 unique still images for each scene. She could very easily commission 2-3 images per scene and fill out the CG's a bit at a time. Five to six scenes per month aren't going to break the bank, and within a year's time she'll have a third to half of the scenes caught up with CG's to go along with them.

Not once did I state that she should shell out $50-100 grand and have them done all at once. That's a ridiculous idea and frankly no artist would be able to pull that off so quickly and still put out good art anyway.
Let's see there will one day be over 30 Harem members, each on with 2-3 scenes based on RP. Round that to a modest 80 scenes in total. Each scene will likely be a about 3 images together, so you get 240 images you need to make.

Now then lets add in all the one time sex scenes, that will be in the game as well. By the final release there will probably be what 150? 175? And those tend to be longer, and more complicated (I imagine the victory orgy alone would cost $100 and an artist a week and half worth of work since it includes a every character) but lets round that to a modest 4 images per scene. And about 600 images that need to be commissioned.

An artist who worked without break on 3 high quality images per week would take, 280 weeks (over 5 years and longer then TLS has been in development) and cost around what $20 grand $30 grand? Would have to be quite a bit since it would full time work.

Sieraa Lee is being PRACTICAL not greedy as you want to imply. She commissions out of pocket art work for literally all her other games, but finding a decent artist who would want to work so long on a consistent basis for a massive game like TLS is becoming less and less likely. But by all means if you think you can find the magic artist who will deliver send me and Sierra a link.

Nobby

Nov 15, 2017
According to Sierra, the single biggest issue with getting art done for TLS is that she wants consistent quality art style all the way through, and it's hard to find an artist who's reliable enough to work through commission on such a large project. The other smaller projects she's done (like Desecration of Wings) have had to use multiple artists because the first two artists for the game flaked half-way through. The only artist who works consistently through her games is Nomo, and they already expressed no desire to work through the entirety of TLS.

That being said, it's also hard to predict the future. Even if she gets a reliable artist to do all the massive number of scenes in the game as it currently exists, there's a chance of losing the artist before the game is completed.

D

Deleted member 59977

The problem is consistency. The artist may simply quit and because of the scale of the project and because of the long development time (the game is easily over 60-70 hours minimum as of now) and we do not know how long the game is going to be or how long it will remain in development. Because of this it would be better if she adds CG after the game is completed not while the game is going on. I personally am happy without art for now also this game does not need cg to be good. It would be a great game even if all the sex scenes were removed entirely the sex is just an added bonus.

So yeah I am against her adding CG now. Maybe later but not now. If there is CG I think it should be consistent and it must be as high in quality as the game itself and for that to happen the game needs to be complete or must be nearing completion.

Also keep in mind that she does not owe you anything. I am a patreon simply because I think she is making a high quality game. If you disagree simply do not pay her. She has made her intentions clear and I think every patreon is aware of this so you have no right to make demands. And if you don't like what she is doing simply do not become a patreon. If are not a patreon then you have no right to bitch in the first place because you are getting it for free.

OmegaUltima

Sep 15, 2017
Believe it or not non-blood-related incest is a thing. One which is enough even for patreon to crack down games with it.
Really?

I did not know that. A few years back I knew a guy who dated his step sister and nobody said anything. I mean it was weird that he looked like one of the Munsters and managed to get a woman at all but still, did not know it was incest if it wasn't blood related.

Huh, the more you know. Thank you for clarifying for me.
eh, those are only termed as 'incest' by Patreon because Patreon are a bunch of asshats; the term for sex with in-law, step, or adopted family members is "inseki"

Kamazoom

Sep 13, 2016
Well, been playing for about 6 hours, so far I didn't find anything interesting, quite the opposite I'd say, sorry,

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Well, been playing for about 6 hours, so far I didn't find anything interesting, quite the opposite I'd say, sorry,
Yeah, this one is not for everyone's liking... that said, six hours probably only got you into tunnels between Stinford and Yhilin, meaning you're still in Chapter 1.

Once you get to Yhilin and start messing up with Investment and Army building in preparation for invasion (and later on a war spanning entire continent) is what make this game different from anything else I played...

Reactions: giraffe69

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Some people love the story, some love the characters, some love the game play and some love it all.

I love Yarra. I'd give any internal organs I could spare and still survive to have a mini spin off of Yarra and her own little harem. I know it's not going to happen before someone comes in and shits on my fantasies but a girl can dream.

Reactions: mesoru

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
Wut? but i thought it was common knowledge that Daddy's Princess was best succubus. :(
Jk, i love Yarra as well. After Nalili ofc.
Btw, i'd get behind that Yarra harem spin off, she is pretty eager about it after all.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Wut? but i thought it was common knowledge that Daddy's Princess was best succubus. :(
Jk, i love Yarra as well. After Nalili ofc.
Btw, i'd get behind that Yarra harem spin off, she is pretty eager about it after all.
Nalili is my third fave. Yarra is my number one then Cum then Nalili then Riala. That's not to say she isn't an awesome Character, she has far more personality than Riala does I just have a proper soft spot, or wet spot as the case may be, for Yarra and Cum has to be near top of the list, she's just so cute.

Reactions: mesoru

Bladeue

Jul 13, 2017
Qum Probably my favorite succubus in this game, only because her cute personality and wanting to get along with everyone. Hugs for everyone :).

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Can anyone give me the compresses file games for TLS please..?
What do you mean by "compresses file games"? Since there is no CG what you see is what you get, there is no way to compress it more than it already is.

4.50 star(s) 186 Votes