chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
I assume it has some sort of main story, how far along is it? I'm tired of falling into traps of waiting months, or even years for some story, in which I the dev mysteriously catches the "hentai game dev plague".

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
I assume it has some sort of main story, how far along is it? I'm tired of falling into traps of waiting months, or even years for some story, in which I the dev mysteriously catches the "hentai game dev plague".
roughly 70% of the total. 70+ hour of content. the dev is reliable with a monthly release (over 47 month had done 37 major release)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Plenty of story and the dev has completed several games, some being sold on Steam.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Game is about 70% done which will take you 55-60 hours of in-game time to complete if you read all the text, explore everything and fight all the optional battles.

Updates are once a month ever since first release in November 2014. There were small lapses due to "fighting" with Steam over release of another game and scheduled one month breaks at the end of each completed chapter (we're currently in Chapter 4 out of 5) but so far we had 37 major updates.

efsdsffs

May 24, 2017
Can somebody explain to me why 0.37.7 if 70% of the game is completed? I'm following the development form the start and I've never understood why. Does Sierra have any future plan for the game once is completed, like expansions to reach 1.00?

Nobby

Nov 15, 2017
Can somebody explain to me why 0.37.7 if 70% of the game is completed? I'm following the development form the start and I've never understood why. Does Sierra have any future plan for the game once is completed, like expansions to reach 1.00?
Version numbers keep track of development, but they aren't the same thing as mathematical numbers. Though there are some general rules that are followed, the numbers are arbitrary. For instance, the release after 0.9.2 wasn't 0.9.3 or 1.0.0, it was 0.10.0. The general rule here is that the first number denotes whether the game is complete. There can still be bug fixes or expansions after 1.0.0, but generally the game is finished. The second number is the current release and increments upwards with each new content release. The third number is for bug fixes. It's possible to have enough bug fix releases to go from 0.37.9 up to 0.37.10 or something of that nature, but it's unlikely. It's also highly unlikely that the game will reach 0.60.0 before development is complete.

As to the matter of expansions, Sierra has stated that she might consider a spinoff in the same world, but it is unlikely. Also no direct sequel or continuation of the story with the same characters is being considered. The story is planned from the beginning with a definite conclusion in mind.

Ninnin1986

Oct 9, 2017
I live on my own off of around 1/3 of that, I have a mortgage and I pay all my bills on time.
Where you live and how you make a living can make 5 grand either a lot or very little. First off, the cut for Patreon is what, 10%? so 4500. If Sierra Lee lived in my country, as a freelancer, the rule of thumb would be that she gets to keep every third dime she makes. The rest would go into taxes, health insurance, forced pension plan etc. So 1500 $ after all that. That is about 10 % over what you would get from a minimum wage job, which would come to the equivalent of slightly about 1300 $ (all numbers are for Germany).

Reactions: demoka

efsdsffs

May 24, 2017
Version numbers keep track of development, but they aren't the same thing as mathematical numbers. Though there are some general rules that are followed, the numbers are arbitrary. For instance, the release after 0.9.2 wasn't 0.9.3 or 1.0.0, it was 0.10.0. The general rule here is that the first number denotes whether the game is complete. There can still be bug fixes or expansions after 1.0.0, but generally the game is finished. The second number is the current release and increments upwards with each new content release. The third number is for bug fixes. It's possible to have enough bug fix releases to go from 0.37.9 up to 0.37.10 or something of that nature, but it's unlikely. It's also highly unlikely that the game will reach 0.60.0 before development is complete.

As to the matter of expansions, Sierra has stated that she might consider a spinoff in the same world, but it is unlikely. Also no direct sequel or continuation of the story with the same characters is being considered. The story is planned from the beginning with a definite conclusion in mind.
Thank you for taking the time to explain, it was bugging me for an eternity

Reactions: demoka

kailius

Apr 21, 2017
Game is about 70% done which will take you 55-60 hours of in-game time to complete if you read all the text, explore everything and fight all the optional battles.

Updates are once a month ever since first release in November 2014. There were small lapses due to "fighting" with Steam over release of another game and scheduled one month breaks at the end of each completed chapter (we're currently in Chapter 4 out of 5) but so far we had 37 major updates.
I am having a hard time believing that there is 30% for the story to come to and end though o_o

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
I am having a hard time believing that there is 30% for the story to come to and end though o_o
I've thought the same thing. It feel to me there is still a hell of a lot more story to tell.
I remember Sierra mentioning how game is about 60% complete by the end of Chapter 3... it is my estimate that everything we had so far in Chapter 4 added another 10% or so but I can't be sure, could be less but it could be more.

TeeEight

Jun 22, 2017
"RTP version means you don't the VX Ace RTP installed."

What does that mean? Do i need to download "VX Ace RTP" to play the game?

D

Deleted member 59977

@Nobby @efsdsffs Thats only partly correct. Idk how sierra lee uses it however in terms of general software development it just means major changes.minor changes.patch

1.0.0 does not necessarily mean that the game is finished it can also mean that there was a major change to the existing code that significantly changed things (in order to improve performance, to make the product scalable etc) so in this case if Sierra went back to the existing code and rewrote it in unity or something it would count as a 1.something.something despite the product being incomplete as there has been a major change to the old code making it incompatible. When the product is complete people usually change the first number just to mark a major benchmark in development (since the product is now a finished one) however it does not mean that an incomplete product cannot have a major change.

Usually 1.0.0 marks a complete product on the games seen on this website because the games here are small scale applications and scalability or optimization is not too much of a concern so no major changes are required (unlike enterprise applications or engines or even large scale AAA games) so developers here do not have to make major changes to the code and instead just add content to existing code in the form of updates or patches.

The response was correct with the rest of the information. The second number here is for minor changes which basically mean new features have been added to the current iteration of the product. In the current version 0.37.3 it means that there have been no major changes but there have been 37 updates to the current build that added extra content. The 3rd number just means that there have been 3 bugfixes to the 37th update.

If interested you can check out semver.org which documents the semantics and the history behind versioning in software development.

Reactions: Nobby

mncub31

Nov 1, 2017
Anyone know if there are any remaining plans to flesh out Yhilin? Plenty of empty/locked doors left for shops, etc. Specifically wondering if the succubus fighting ring or lustlord shrine/temple mentioned in-game will be implemented.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
Anyone know if there are any remaining plans to flesh out Yhilin? Plenty of empty/locked doors left for shops, etc. Specifically wondering if the succubus fighting ring or lustlord shrine/temple mentioned in-game will be implemented.
Doubt it.

4.50 star(s) 186 Votes