Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I always thought it was always a "maybe" thing, of course I haven't followed this thread for a while since text based games aren't my thing. Its kinda sad they just threw the idea straight out of the window though.
I don't think she said she didn't plan to ad image she mentioned it being expensive thought and hard to find artist.
From snippets on Discord, Patreon and the blog it was a maybe at one point but as the game grew, the scenes multiplied and artists prices being as high as they are it's less of a maybe and more of a maybe not.

It doesn't seem like it's something she's interested in pursuing.

It could happen, anything is possible, but I don't think she wants people expecting it because it isn't looking likely.

Bladeue

Jul 13, 2017
For everyone curious on what's going on for the cg, here is what Sierra Lee said about it on August 26. "I would love to, and there was a time when I actively put a lot of effort into finding the right artist. Unfortunately, as time has gone on I've become more pessimistic about the chance of this. It's very difficult to find an artist who would be willing to commit to a project of this size. I respect that authors want to work on their own things, but I think it makes getting art for TLS unlikely."

Akatriel

May 20, 2017
For everyone curious on what's going on for the
cg, here is what Sierra Lee said about it on August 26. "I would love to, and there was a time when I actively put a lot of effort into finding the right artist. Unfortunately, as time has gone on I've become more pessimistic about the chance of this. It's very difficult to find an artist who would be willing to commit to a project of this size. I respect that authors want to work on their own things, but I think it makes getting art for TLS unlikely."
Artists aren't flittery French Aristocrats, grab a couple of your fave artists, give them a decent budget and lead time, and then manage them. Make a spreadsheet and assign each to a scene. Why would anyone turn down a decently paid, mid-long term project? There's one good reason why you wouldn't want to pay for artists with an already successful project. 4,868 reasons.

Reactions: lil boom toob

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Artists aren't flittery French Aristocrats, grab a couple of your fave artists, give them a decent budget and lead time, and then manage them. Make a spreadsheet and assign each to a scene. Why would anyone turn down a decently paid, mid-long term project? There's one good reason why you wouldn't want to pay for artists with an already successful project. 4,868 reasons.
put img from different style isn't an option, and the game had already some custom img, so the artist is required follow that style, for the little I see most artist go through commission, not a good model for a large project.
Two year ago (IIRC) sho show the first image (Kai - succubus) from an artist, the deal sink for the artist discontinuity to meet the deadline.

Reactions: falafelswoop

Akatriel

May 20, 2017
Scenes from different artists is definitely an option. You can have a style sheet or let the artists put their own spin on it. Let each artist work on one character's scenes if you want a character level consistency. Working to a style sheet means you can drop and pick up other artists with little disruption. What's the reason you need one uber artist? Your aesthetical sensibilities? If you're giving a bunch of artists a year+ long, well-paying project, you can dictate the payment terms. A steady well playing job is gold for a freelancer. I did this for illustrations for a maths workbook, many artists following a well-defined style sheet, paid by the chapter with a bonus for clearing multiple chapters. I'm struggling to find a reason you'd need such a strict deadline either.

But then why go to the trouble when your project is already successful and making bank? Just don't make bullshit excuses.

Kamazoom

Sep 13, 2016
Thinking of trying this game out, quick question, is main character involved in incest, or just some other people?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's not really incest. He adopted her, there is no blood relation.

Thinking of trying this game out, quick question, is main character involved in incest, or just some other people?
There is very little incest at all. If that's your thing you won't find much of it here.

I can only think of two scenes between a succubus mother and daughter.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
She said she will never do it because there are a lot of scenes and they will take a lot of time and money.
Not exactly true... Sierra would still like to do it but she's also realistic enough to realize that finding a single artist (since she want the art to be unified over all scenes, not different based on who the artist is) willing to take on the job is borderline impossible even before they start talking about money. And someone who would take on the job would probably cost way too much to make it worth since we're talking over 150 scenes at this point...

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
There's one good reason why you wouldn't want to pay for artists with an already successful project. 4,868 reasons.
Yeah, there is a good reason. When you have over 150 scenes that would require several pictures each and an artist charges between $10 and $50 per picture added on top of labour costs for the time it would take to do 150+ scenes you are talking thousands.

I'm sure there are plenty of artists that would love to do it and i'm sure Sierra would be grateful you are willing to front the cost.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Believe it or not non-blood-related incest is a thing. One which is enough even for patreon to crack down games with it.
Really?

I did not know that. A few years back I knew a guy who dated his step sister and nobody said anything. I mean it was weird that he looked like one of the Munsters and managed to get a woman at all but still, did not know it was incest if it wasn't blood related.

Huh, the more you know. Thank you for clarifying for me.

Bladeue

Jul 13, 2017
Wait how is that incest, there is absolutely no problem of them having children. It's like having a childhood friend that just grew up with you in your house.

Reactions: giraffe69

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
For me he is winner idk about a Munsters or what that is :).For the others that did not say anything they are just jelly.
You don't know the Munsters?

Am I showing my age here?

It was similar to The Addams Family and ran alongside that show in the 60's. I wasn't watching it then but my parents loved it and we saw them in the late 70's and early 80's.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Simon to me seem more like a legal guardian then father to Robin... I mean he took her in when she was "elementary age" (so anywhere between 6-12 years old) and then he made sure she have the best education possible by sending her to all the best schools. Between her schooling and his work with Chosen I doubt they spent much time together...

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
Eh, think I'll pass than, that's how degenerate I am.
I'd still recommend giving it a shot, for one the game is massive without exaggeration on playthrough will take you a minimum of 50 hours. So if one fetish or theme isn't for you it really only takes up like 1% or 2% of game time.

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there is a good reason. When you have over 150 scenes that would require several pictures each and an artist charges between $10 and $50 per picture added on top of labour costs for the time it would take to do 150+ scenes you are talking thousands.

I'm sure there are plenty of artists that would love to do it and i'm sure Sierra would be grateful you are willing to front the cost.
Thousands of dollars spent on commissions, you say? Boy, if only Sierra Lee made thousands of dollars on Patreon, maybe that would be possib--oh wait.

Sierra Lee is making $5 grand a month on Patreon. I'm pretty sure she could afford to budget out a few thousand dollars for commissioned art. I also imagine that having art assets in TLS would increase her Patreon revenue, meaning even more profit in her pocket.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Thousands of dollars spent on commissions, you say? Boy, if only Sierra Lee made thousands of dollars on Patreon, maybe that would be possib--oh wait.

Sierra Lee is making $5 grand a month on Patreon. I'm pretty sure she could afford to budget out a few thousand dollars for commissioned art.
Probably the most ridiculous thing i've ever read. Don't ever work in finance, you'd be bust within the week. Forget your mortgage, bills, food, taxes and cost of living because this guy thinks it's simple to give away a few thousand. Not to mention Patreon taking it's cut.

Imagine a short red head pointing at you and giggling, you would be close to what i'm doing right now.

Lets say each scene has 10 pictures with 150 scenes so just for the art alone she'd need to find between 50 and 100 thousand. Now labour costs for how long that would take would also clock around 10k.

So, around 60k or so minimum on about 3k a month budget, take away living costs and savings for if the shit hits the fan she'd probably have around 500 left over maybe less. At the very least the girl would be paying out her last bit of money for the next 120 months.

But it's okay because this guy said so.

I swear some of you think money magically appears or a few thousand is a lot. Can't wait until you move out on your own, you are in for one hell of a shock sugar.

Reactions: falafelswoop

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017

Sierra Lee is making $5 grand a month on Patreon. I'm pretty sure she could afford to budget out a few thousand dollars for commissioned art. I also imagine that having art assets in TLS would increase her Patreon revenue, meaning even more profit in her pocket.
She lives full time off that incredibly unreliable 5,000 grand a month from Patreon. That includes patreon taking there cut, paying taxes, paying for her own health and dental, paying rent, food and other expenses. For some reason I can imagine there MIGHT be a reason she doens't want to just shell out a few grand on an artist, especially when people so often just pirate her game.

4.50 star(s) 186 Votes