Theodosius

Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Game is really nice but god sake why isnt there any progress? :(
No updates coming...
aw, the game is progressing every day, but, unfortunately, it has not caused much interest among the audience. We want to make a demo version of such quality that will allow us to interest more people.

Reactions: Mewunts

wiecha

Nov 23, 2017
aw, the game is progressing every day, but, unfortunately, it has not caused much interest among the audience. We want to make a demo version of such quality that will allow us to interest more people.
if you update every month, there would be more interest, the appetite grows as you eat, and so there is no progress and no interest

Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
if you update every month, there would be more interest, the appetite grows as you eat, and so there is no progress and no interest
Well to be fair he does update with news, and teasers all the time.
Think its hard to get a new project to a stage where there is monthly content updates. More normal for content release each 2nd or 3rd month. Specially if you consider size of the team and income into that factor.

Oniblonde

Jun 5, 2017
Ill sub back to patreon if you put any minor patch before end of Jan 2020 <3

Reactions: Bakayaro

Oniblonde

Jun 5, 2017
Im not trolling btw.
There are allot of people on this forum - and 99% of them mostly sit on Latest Updates refreshing the page and looking at the front 1-5.
The more a game is updated - the more it appears on the front page - the more views and traction it gets. That is a good thing. People like high activity.

Btw if it wast for F95 and Nutaku - we would all still be on LegendOfCrystal forums. Thank god for F95.

The Sexy Chinaman

Degenerate
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2018
The more a game is updated - the more it appears on the front page - the more views and traction it gets.
Ya, the game's got 1 release and it has almost 11 pages of interest. If there was no actual interested it would have died out by page 3.

Edit, in fact, about 9 pages were from the first few days, nobody gets 300 pages day 1 ;D

Also, it's got 240 likes wtf no interest??

Last edited:

LaterGater

Nov 20, 2016
Several updates will not make any significant difference for us. We do not want to show unfinished work so that someone looked at it and thought "meh, I'll check it year later " :(
I completely agree. There are enough half baked games on this site. Better to invest the time into one grand demo than release peanuts every month.

Reactions: The Sexy Chinaman

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
Several updates will not make any significant difference for us. We do not want to show unfinished work so that someone looked at it and thought "meh, I'll check it year later " :(
But you need to build the hype somehow. You want to put something in pre-order that people don't know how big it will be or anything about the bigger picture of the game. Right now it's fine but it feels incredibly small and honestly, it's not like you have a huge name behind you backing up your quality. In a considerable amount of time there hasn't been many additions which is not a good look.

Can't try to hit an home run on your first swing, people have no reason to trust you'll put out a good game or long enough that it's worth paying for and then people are done with it in 5 minutes. My suggestion is to pick your battles. Gather a crowd behind this game and people will support you and be more confident on a second project.

Last edited:
Reactions: kurtcuk07

Theodosius

Game Developer
May 3, 2017
But you need to build the hype somehow. You want to put something in pre-order that people don't know how big it will be or anything about the bigger picture of the game. Right now it's fine but it feels incredibly small and honestly, it's not like you have a huge name behind you backing up your quality. In a considerable amount of time there hasn't been many additions which is not a good look.

Can't try to hit an home run on your first swing, people have no reason to trust you'll put out a good game or long enough that it's worth paying for and then people are done with it in 5 minutes. My suggestion is to pick your battles. Gather a crowd behind this game and people will support you and be more confident on a second project.
Um... check the game "My little angel".
Yeah, we already tried to make an update every month and during this 6 months we lost 30% of patrons.
We have already failed on patreon, so we will try to do everything to present a good demo for Steam. Steam is not about constant updates.

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
Um... check the game "My little angel".
Yeah, we already tried to make an update every month and during this 6 months we lost 30% of patrons.
We have already failed on patreon, so we will try to do everything to present a good demo for Steam. Steam is not about constant updates.
So you're blaming it on Patreon instead of... I dunno, maybe under-delivering? What have you posted in terms of gameplay in said "6 months"? One patch? Maybe two? Have you checked your competition to see how well they're doing and how much work they're putting out?

You're right. Steam is not about constant updates, Steam is about reviews. You're trying to do a blind run on Steam, if you strike out once you're out forever because everyone will check your other games and if the majority oh the reviews is "game is too small", "not worth the money", "not worth playing" that's probably it for you. Very few exceptions.

I wish you did well because Slutterella is in a way, new and refreshing and I wish you nothing but the best. I know you need success and you need to be able to afford yourself and whoever else is working on your game, but you can't put your shortcomings on "we lost 30% of our Patreons" when I just scrolled all the way back to late October without seeing a single patch. I wouldn't pay for it either.

There's many games out there that certainly seemed promising and then due to lack of delivery are slowly dying out. The FallOut game, Rannero's Curse of Pleasure, Lily of The Valley. People had high expectations for that game at some point and now it's gonna be bad to get back in good graces.

Don't take my word for it but, it seems to me that this is a case of you need to show more work and less dreams. Put your quality out there and people will come.

Reactions: kurtcuk07

The Sexy Chinaman

Degenerate
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2018
He meant gameplay updates :p

Look at this way though, 70% of these patrons are willing to support you despite no real content for the past 6 months. That's a lot of people willing to pay purely just to support you even without gameplay.

Theodosius

Game Developer
May 3, 2017
So you're blaming it on Patreon instead of... I dunno, maybe under-delivering? What have you posted in terms of gameplay in said "6 months"? One patch? Maybe two? Have you checked your competition to see how well they're doing and how much work they're putting out?
He meant gameplay updates :p
Look at this way though, 70% of these patrons are willing to support you despite no real content for the past 6 months. That's a lot of people willing to pay purely just to support you even without gameplay.
Ahem... actually it was MLA 0.7(or 0.5), where we fundamentally changed the basic mechanics of movement and the passage of time and added the main map, then we released 3 updates with 6 new sex scenes with animated CGs in each of them, then we released another update, in which we greatly improved the mechanics of the impact on characters and added some new sex events. So, I think the experiment was more than relevant.

You're right. Steam is not about constant updates, Steam is about reviews. You're trying to do a blind run on Steam, if you strike out once you're out forever because everyone will check your other games and if the majority oh the reviews is "game is too small", "not worth the money", "not worth playing" that's probably it for you. Very few exceptions.
Each update requires additional time for text translation and testing. Moreover, not every innovation can be prepared in a month, especially in a [month - testing -translating]. Less updates means faster development.

when I just scrolled all the way back to late October without seeing a single patch. I wouldn't pay for it either.
"Patch"? I do not release a “new version” with bug fixes or new icons. I just updated the link more than a hundred times. I don’t know what you scrolled because 90% of the posts are hidden for unpatrons. Did you just read the headlines?

groonan28

Sep 12, 2018
if i may, Theodosius is triying different ways to get more suporters and he is going to try to launch a proper demo in steam, i followed my Little angel for a while (a very enjoyable game) , in that one he released a decent amount of updates hoping to increase the number of patrons, the fact that he does not have as many patrons as other developers is , in my humble opinión, unfair and he decided to change the way he delivery his/their games , lets be honest here, this website is basically "free" of charge for players while developers try to get some income from games, some give a Little help while many never help the developers at all, there are cases where some players already have many patrón subcriptions and can not patrón everyone , in my experience mostly of users complaining about lack of updates never helps the game developers but i getting out of topic here, Theodosius has decided to reléase in other ways and is his game and his decisión, for me , i dont care how many updates there are as long the final product is a good one and some developers like Theodosius , the worst, the arquitect and some more at the end they deliver a Good product

Reactions: Bakayaro

The Sexy Chinaman

Degenerate
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2018
Ahem... actually it was MLA 0.7(or 0.5), where we fundamentally changed the basic mechanics of movement and the passage of time and added the main map, then we released 3 updates with 6 new sex scenes with animated CGs in each of them, then we released another update, in which we greatly improved the mechanics of the impact on characters and added some new sex events. So, I think the experiment was more than relevant.
I don't follow, have you released newer versions of your game in the past 6 months? I don't mean to berate or anything.

• Haha
Reactions: Ayame#1Fan
3.40 star(s) 69 Votes