VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Lifeguard [Ep.2 Fix] [RaJa]

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

FirminoisGod

Dec 12, 2019
I understand that this game is abandoned, but will anyone ever pick this up? I liked that it was a different story then normal and had some good renders. Not saying I can pick this up, I don't have a single creative bone in my body

Falco Falcone

Feb 12, 2023
This is such a tragedy. Looking across the vast panoply of titles, ideas and dreams on display in F95, to this day "The Lifeguard" endures as a wholly original concept. For me, Raja executed, in his storytelling and, in particular, his characterization, for his main character was even handed and a pleasure to play and each and every one of his female characters, Amber, Monique and Deanna was beautiful, self-assured and, in her own way, irresistible. All were intriguingly, enticingly and arousingly "sexy" and, for my taste at least, Raja always conveyed impressively every aspect of the sexuality adeptly blending taste, credibility and the physicality exceptionally well. He made everything "come" together so smoothly and enjoyably, it was truly a pleasure to experience what he did manage to create and deliver of this marvellous novel.

Raja undoubtedly struggled with the costs and the energy-sapping commitment of personal time and not only had to sustain development but, as do so many, learn the craft as he progressed, while we all sat back and waited to feast upon the fruits of his labour, many without any reciprocal contribution. Sadly, if more, both in here and elsewhere, had had the wherewithall, the courage and the decency to help support him I believe he would still be creating here today.

I know he struggled mightily before giving this all up.

I subscribed to Raja's Patreon for quite a while and I would subscribe again without hesitation. I do not now, nor have I ever, felt cheated or regretted either a moment or an ultimately lost penny of my commitment to this cause. The risk of abandonment simply has to be taken in order to try and help legitimate developers gain the foothold they need in order to create a viable platform upon which to work. This is the perfectc example of the diametrically opposite risk in NOT doing so.

I don't know Raja, I'm not related, I never knew him. I had no affiliation either, other than my devotion to the dream. However, in my experience and contact with him through Patreon messaging, I know he was nothing if not sincere and legitimate in his intentions, his efforts, his dreams and his attempts to gain and sustain the energy and momentum necessary to be able to work his magic of translating his imagination into this vibrant, refreshing, unique and, to this day, so sorely missed experience.

Anyway, Raja's gone, Amber, Monique and Deanna are dead. The dream is over and it is, as I said in opening, such a tragedy.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 5 Votes