DaFinker

Apr 24, 2024
You do realize it's only the US, Liberia and Myanmar that still uses only the Imperial system right? :) But sure it's the other 300 countries that live in the fantasy.........senile old lupine.......
I dislike it most for F/C. C gives such a small range between freezing temps and warm temps. Of course, then I see people complaining that 35C is scorching as I'm living in a place that sees 100F for weeks at a time over the summer months. The equivalent 40C (or somewhere around there) just doesn't sound like anything to get worked up over. :LOL:

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
I dislike it most for F/C. C gives such a small range between freezing temps and warm temps. Of course, then I see people complaining that 35C is scorching as I'm living in a place that sees 100F for weeks at a time over the summer months. The equivalent 40C (or somewhere around there) just doesn't sound like anything to get worked up over. :LOL:
Still prefer my water freezing at 0°C and have it boiling at 100°C instead of 32F and 212 F, which is kinda erratic and random at best.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
You do realize it's only the US, Liberia and Myanmar that still uses only the Imperial system right? :) But sure it's the other 300 countries that live in the fantasy.........senile old lupine.......
Canada and the UK (at least, can't recall for other Commonwealth) do a weird mix and match thing. Hell, the Brits still use Stones for weight.

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
I don't find it weird... It just seems overly clinical,Ike an alien species would describe all humans as falling between 1 and 2 meters tall, because we all look the same to them. Having adult humans range between 4 to 7 feet feels like a more meaningful distinction level.

Basically I just wish metric had a better measurement for in between a centimeter and a meter as even Decimeters feel too small... Like a half meter unit or something.
tenor.gif

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Well just waiting for the mods to come in here and nuke the thread for off topic. I love the fun interaction here, but let's try to stay on topic about the game guys. I know that isn't always as much fun, but I would hate to draw unnecessary attention here.

On a fun side note the twins approve of the madness here. They like that chaos of multiple measurement systems and trying to figure out which one is best when determining how much they removed of their targets fear boners. Pro tip don't mess with the twins.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Still prefer my water freezing at 0°C and have it boiling at 100°C instead of 32F and 212 F, which is kinda erratic and random at best.
Celsius is great for water, Fahrenheit is better for people imo. Again granularity, the difference between 72 and 73 in my house is miserable and that's the "same" temp in Celsius.

But I'm Canadian to some extent in my thinking and like using both systems depending on what I'm measuring.

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
Celsius is great for water, Fahrenheit is better for people imo. Again granularity, the difference between 72 and 73 in my house is miserable and that's the "same" temp in Celsius.

But I'm Canadian to some extent in my thinking and like using both systems depending on what I'm measuring.
Pretty sure that the 0,5°c between 72 and 73 F are a psychological phenomenon.

That said, i'am very amused about an anecdote that US engineering and scientific students have to spend an entire class only for learning the metric system.

And yes, we will get purged merciless. Enjoying it while it lasts...

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Pretty sure that the 0,5°c between 72 and 73 F are a psychological phenomenon.

That said, i'am very amused about an anecdote that US engineering and scientific students have to spend an entire class only for learning the metric system.

And yes, we will get purged merciless. Enjoying it while it lasts...
I find that hard to believe as we're taught metric from elementary school up. And I have a Bachelors of Science and didn't have to do that...

Back on topic since it was requested, wouldn't have made my temp comment if I'd scene dev's comment first, as far as obstacles in the city at the moment for our vampy heros, is the bad dude who escaped on the heli while we were being sister shanked, about it? we've gotten rid of the traitor dick heads, after all.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I find that hard to believe as we're taught metric from elementary school up. And I have a Bachelors of Science and didn't have to do that...

Back on topic since it was requested, wouldn't have made my temp comment if I'd scene dev's comment first, as far as obstacles in the city at the moment for our vampy heros, is the bad dude who escaped on the heli while we were being sister shanked, about it? we've gotten rid of the traitor dick heads, after all.
Victor is still out there causing problems. I sure hope things don't get worse.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Old Grumpy Wolf

Old Grumpy Wolf

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Victor is still out there causing problems. I sure hope things don't get worse.
You know, I've told you many times, if you keep going the way you're going, the girls are going to actually crucify you and the twins are going to... Hell, I'm not even sure what the twins will do, but I'm sure it will be funny and painful. Funny for them, not so much for you. :devilish: :ROFLMAO:

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I post all my updates here on Thursdays and I didn't see it listed. Maybe someone else posted it. Patreon and SS members get the posts on Mondays so maybe someone else posted it and I didn't notice.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I post all my updates here on Thursdays and I didn't see it listed. Maybe someone else posted it. Patreon and SS members get the posts on Mondays so maybe someone else posted it and I didn't notice.

Well with all these questions I leave you with some numbers to wrap your head around too. I wasn't quite at full workload this week but still hit my minimum goals. I completed 87 renders and 0 animations this week. This brings the total count to 215 renders and 4 animations for chapter 12.

My goal is to either finish up Brooklyn this week for a poll or start a new poll for another character for "The Perfect Town", which is game 2 in The List Saga.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Si it was someone else.

draxton

Dec 10, 2019
Well just waiting for the mods to come in here and nuke the thread for off topic. I love the fun interaction here, but let's try to stay on topic about the game guys. I know that isn't always as much fun, but I would hate to draw unnecessary attention here.

On a fun side note the twins approve of the madness here. They like that chaos of multiple measurement systems and trying to figure out which one is best when determining how much they removed of their targets fear boners. Pro tip don't mess with the twins.
I somehow can see BB and SB yelling about using Celcius or Fahrenheit, trying to rope MC in, and TKA reigning them in with Kelvin (or Rankine?)

• Haha
Reactions: Uncle Loco
3.30 star(s) 29 Votes