VN Ren'Py The Lost Chapters [v0.6 Public] [Asura Interactive]

4.10 star(s) 16 Votes

Who is your favourite girl?

• Total voters

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
With this update, the holes in the plot are basically all closed up, but only if you play all the paths. Different paths give different bits of plot. If you play every possible path, you should now know the entire history, as well as knowing who each character's past and present counterparts are.

Since you've only played one path, you missed out on a lot of exposition. If you want to learn a whole lot more about Eve, I highly recommend doing the pure Chloe path. Turn down Val on day 1, and go to the performing club both times, and just generally put Chloe above all others.
Dude I know you don't have to, but if you find it in yourslef to explain/summarize the whole thing to me. I'd be rly grateful bc I won't lie apart from Mc I never rly understood what happens in those flashbacks. It might also be bc I only have one playtrough + the time that pass btw each update. Well, let's say I'm a bit lost. SO yeah, if you could do a quick summary abt who is who and what rel they have/had... I'd be rly thankful and I think that it'd be useful for everyone following the game. Just don't foget to use the spoiler thingy lol

THX

TsubameYui

Nov 2, 2022
H
Dude I know you don't have to, but if you find it in yourslef to explain/summarize the whole thing to me. I'd be rly grateful bc I won't lie apart from Mc I never rly understood what happens in those flashbacks. It might also be bc I only have one playtrough + the time that pass btw each update. Well, let's say I'm a bit lost. SO yeah, if you could do a quick summary abt who is who and what rel they have/had... I'd be rly thankful and I think that it'd be useful for everyone following the game. Just don't foget to use the spoiler thingy lol

THX
Haha, summarizing such a complex plot would be a Herculean task. I highly recommend playing through multiple times, and focusing on one girl each time. So long as you don't enable "skip unseen text" you can just tab through everything you've already seen. There are some pivotal choices that lead to more history with certain characters.

Refusing/seducing Val at the beginning, and avoiding/attending her club result in very different expositions, so doing both will get you a lot more background. Same goes for Xue. Refusing/accepting her at the start changes a lot of the Selene/Kyra scenes, and adds a lot of info about the current events. Another important choice is whether to ask Ember for help with Ashley or not. Those choices lead to a lot of different info, also whether you go to Ashley's home or not, make sure you do both. Focusing entirely on Chloe, and excluding Val and Xue will lead to a lot more background on Eve and Chloe's childhoods and family situation, as well as a great Eve/Chloe scene before the Selene date.

There's still a bit more backstory for Selene coming in the next update, it seems, so maybe after that one drops I'll write a full synopsis for those interested. I know Selene/Xislienne and Mara/Eve are blood related, but their exact relationship is still a bit blurred.

Agni2013

Developing 'The Lost Chapters'
Game Developer
May 3, 2019
Chloe's portrait keeps flashing on the screen when she is not talking or even being in the area. I put up with it for a while but I can't keep reading like this, is there a fix?
I am afraid this is an engine related issue. The nightly fix update was supposed to have fixed it though. For now please bear through it.
Had the game crash on me:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That was for 0.4.4, I'll have to see if it's still relevant in 0.6
My apologies, this is on me. Should be fixed on 0.6 update. Just click ignore and go on ahead.

H

Haha, summarizing such a complex plot would be a Herculean task. I highly recommend playing through multiple times, and focusing on one girl each time. So long as you don't enable "skip unseen text" you can just tab through everything you've already seen. There are some pivotal choices that lead to more history with certain characters.

Refusing/seducing Val at the beginning, and avoiding/attending her club result in very different expositions, so doing both will get you a lot more background. Same goes for Xue. Refusing/accepting her at the start changes a lot of the Selene/Kyra scenes, and adds a lot of info about the current events. Another important choice is whether to ask Ember for help with Ashley or not. Those choices lead to a lot of different info, also whether you go to Ashley's home or not, make sure you do both. Focusing entirely on Chloe, and excluding Val and Xue will lead to a lot more background on Eve and Chloe's childhoods and family situation, as well as a great Eve/Chloe scene before the Selene date.

There's still a bit more backstory for Selene coming in the next update, it seems, so maybe after that one drops I'll write a full synopsis for those interested. I know Selene/Xislienne and Mara/Eve are blood related, but their exact relationship is still a bit blurred.
I often think if I should instead write a VN about a son who returned home to his landlady and two female roommates after a long time. One of his roommates is older than him and likes to party, the other is younger than him and timid in nature. Or maybe a hot middle aged woman whose husband doesn't have sex with her for some reason. It's times like these that comments like yours that show me that my work is not in vain. So thank you so much. :)

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I am afraid this is an engine related issue. The nightly fix update was supposed to have fixed it though. For now please bear through it.

My apologies, this is on me. Should be fixed on 0.6 update. Just click ignore and go on ahead.

I often think if I should instead write a VN about a son who returned home to his landlady and two female roommates after a long time. One of his roommates is older than him and likes to party, the other is younger than him and timid in nature. Or maybe a hot middle aged woman whose husband doesn't have sex with her for some reason. It's times like these that comments like yours that show me that my work is not in vain. So thank you so much. :)
Did you write the script for the play yourself?

Leina

Nov 1, 2017
With this update, the holes in the plot are basically all closed up, but only if you play all the paths. Different paths give different bits of plot. If you play every possible path, you should now know the entire history, as well as knowing who each character's past and present counterparts are.
The way it's presented, it's still pretty confusing. And some of the character models are so similar that I basically rely on their hair to differentiate them, which means that with different haircuts in the past I have a really hard time telling them apart and figuring out who their past and present counterparts are - it's like Cloud Atlas all over again. I wouldn't mind a character guide for how everyone's related.

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
I know Selene/Xislienne and Mara/Eve are blood related
I rly don't remember the beginning of the game. But, from what I remember and last update it seems like the mother of Eve, Elene I think? (if it's safe to assume that she is the milf stripper) knew Selene prior bc she kinda overreacts when Eve goes for the kiss or tries smt with Slelne or she could just be affraid the her daughter gets played given Selene's reputation lol, if I'm not misremembering it. I may be spouting nonsense but if you say they are related. Then maybe she is the one who went to Eve's mother and gave her the baby who was Eve I think? That could also explain why she participated even though she was supposedly retired. Maybe she wanted to meet Selene again or maybe she just needed the money lol. But again, I'm just spouting nonsense while remembering near to none of the plot precisely lol.
I think the author is doing some great work. It'd be rly cool if he could do some optional recap at the start of every new update especially when the game between them is big or smt for us to have an easier understanding of the lore. Maybe make a gallery only for past events, not necerssarly h-scenes, just all the past events in a gallery so we can have a better understanding of the lore. Bc not everyone is willing/(have the time) to replay the whole game multiple times. Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to, bc 1st Idk why but when I skip on this game after a bit it lags A LOT. 2nd thing, Idk why again, but it seems that this update kinda resets whatever is the thing that remember the dialogues I have seen. Yeah all of them are kinda unseen, so even if I wanted to I wouldn't be able to. I would have to play through it all and let me say, the game is kinda big now lol.

so maybe after that one drops I'll write a full synopsis for those interested.
Anyways, I appreciate the fact that you considered it. I love stories whit good lores, but bloody hell how it is time consuming to understand some.

THX

Last edited:

Leina

Nov 1, 2017
The text at the end of the dream sequence / flashback is really hard to read against the background. I don't remember it being this hard to read in 0.4.4.
The text begins with: I had raised my arm on instinct, my body reacting to this new intruder.
It ends with: NO!WRONG! (which should really have a space in there)

DeathSexy

Sep 29, 2021
I'm doing a route focused on Chloe, and suddenly I was forced into Xue, there's no choice anymore or it's a bug.
I avoided the first scene by not going into the bathroom, but the second scene still occurs...

Agni2013

Developing 'The Lost Chapters'
Game Developer
May 3, 2019
Agni2013 , I think this section in performing2.rpy should be conditional on the MC not knowing about Xue's downstairs bits:
Could be wrong though. I lost track of who is the reincarnation of which character's dead parrot's uncle within the first five minutes.

Other than that, I think I missed out on some reveal about the MC and Chloe because I didn't have the MC submit to her in one choice which kept their relationship level too low, but presumably that's deliberate.
Would have been nice to have some choice in the MC's behaviour and attitude to her date with Selene beyond "fuck her" and "almost fuck her", even if the date itself has to happen for plot reasons.
That is a good idea. I will see if I can use an existing flag for this!

The text at the end of the dream sequence / flashback is really hard to read against the background. I don't remember it being this hard to read in 0.4.4.
The text begins with: I had raised my arm on instinct, my body reacting to this new intruder.
It ends with: NO!WRONG! (which should really have a space in there)
I will get it fixed. Thanks for informing me.
I'm doing a route focused on Chloe, and suddenly I was forced into Xue, there's no choice anymore or it's a bug.
I avoided the first scene by not going into the bathroom, but the second scene still occurs...
I will look it up. I must have messed up the flags somehow.
Update: It seems to be working as intended. Can you describe which scene you are referring to? If you mean the dream sequence, I am afraid it is not a bug.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeathSexy

DeathSexy

Sep 29, 2021
I will look it up. I must have messed up the flags somehow.
Update: It seems to be working as intended. Can you describe which scene you are referring to? If you mean the dream sequence, I am afraid it is not a bug.
It was the second scene in Xue's office.
But I deleted all my saves, and restarted the game and now it works, I believe it was a file from an old version that I forgot to delete.

Thank you, and sorry for bothering.

Reactions: Agni2013

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.6

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Pixeldrain
Mega

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 327 MB

Come find me on Discord:
Updated my android port.

reinelight

Aug 13, 2023
I just discovered the game and I love ember!! I really truly didn't expect to like her so much out of the rest and it didn't help i'm a sucker for lady knights.

But then got to read this whole thread and saw the 3 main RO are selene , xue and Chloe so I'm a bit sad idk what the future will be for Eve x Ember T__T

4.10 star(s) 16 Votes