Dqslime

Oct 1, 2017
Great game, honestly it's a little short but I think I just blast through these games quick. Keep it up!

Reactions: Alteus

DrBC

Sep 11, 2018
when the actual version is done?
i need a growing team, but asphyxia say that there are no more candidates yet?!

KunyaSobe

Jul 20, 2018
The public release usually comes out a week or so from the pre-release so I'd say we'll see it here around Sunday or Monday.

MauritkCL

Feb 3, 2018
0.11 is out. Links are updated.
Something isn't right. I downloaded the latest version from the OP and checked the changelog, but it doesn't check out. I can't increase Julie's or Beatrice's PH-level. Both say I've already reached their maximum for this version. Also the changelog doesn't mention an update with Lin but suddenly I got this scene with her in the office. The changelog also mentions a new transition for the office and the University but I'm not seeing any of it.

Lord_von_Bern

Mar 15, 2019
Something isn't right. I downloaded the latest version from the OP and checked the changelog, but it doesn't check out. I can't increase Julie's or Beatrice's PH-level. Both say I've already reached their maximum for this version. Also the changelog doesn't mention an update with Lin but suddenly I got this scene with her in the office. The changelog also mentions a new transition for the office and the University but I'm not seeing any of it.
I confirm what you say.

batman666

Donor
Jun 18, 2017
+ The render quality is very good, the girls look hot
+ Like the fresh setting
+ The writing is witty and clever, really enjoyed reading full dialogues for once
+ HUD, e.g. for choices, looks clean and slick
+ Liked the crafting system, not too grindy, rather natural progression
+ Awesome animated scenes

+- Indicators on the screen for what can be clicked on would be helpful

The sex scenes were great, but when I first tried to visit Lenny, my game crashed. :(

Reactions: Agam97 and Repuci

DD0

Jan 13, 2018
Drawn in by "renpy" and "superhero." Drew myself right back out.
Who is still tolerating all this grindiness at a time when so many games are reducing or entirely eliminating that particular form of content padding? If you are one of those people, WHY are you tolerating it? You need to demand better!
I'm dumping all this time for what? Still images of me eating out a receptionist...scratch that, ONE still image. I'm sure there is plenty more to follow after more grind, increasing through lame ass "levels" but seriously...not worth it. There are plenty of games that do it better.
See, it isn't the grind that kills it. Many good games have something similar. But it is way better hidden in those games, either by a compelling story, interesting characters or more exciting content. Maybe the characters get better, but if I can barely interact without brainwashing everyone, that's dull and stupid. All you get here is a few lackluster locations with crap navigation and the same boring click click click.
It really is time to start seriously cutting the wheat from the chaff in this community. Maybe this was good enough two or three years ago but tech and indy dev skills have all leveled up a bit. We deserve better.

Reactions: 36 Ninjas

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Personally, I've found this game to be one of the least grindy games as far as resource gathering etc. goes. I'm not sure what else anyone can expect for a game with free-roaming elements and a focus on rebuilding a character to his former glory. And that's just it, the central plot is about rebuilding the character to his former glory, so I'm not sure how you could disguise or hide the work he has to do to get there.
Another thing, this game is still very early into development. Expecting more meaty content is pretty silly.

Alteus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
I confirm what you say.
Can you please send me your save files so I can check what causes this issue?
Btw, the scene with Lin is actually the new office transition.

Gandalf51

Aug 2, 2017
When I try to get the new scene with Julie I've got an error :

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'persons/julie_3_02.png'>:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 414, in script
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 471, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'persons/julie_3_02.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 414, in script[/I]

Alteus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
When I try to get the new scene with Julie I've got an error :

Code:

While loading <'Image' u'persons/julie_3_02.png'>:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 414, in script
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 471, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'persons/julie_3_02.png'.

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 414, in script[/I]
Got it. Will apply a fix for this.

Reactions: Canto Forte

kasso

May 7, 2017
Error messages when I visit Lenny.
same here, used an old save.

Error:

While loading <'Image' u'/images/persons/lenny_0_01.jpg'>:
File "game/script.rpy", line 575, in script
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/persons/lenny_0_01.jpg'.

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 575, in script
File "D:\f95 temp\TheLustHero-0.11-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 613, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact)
File "D:\f95 temp\TheLustHero-0.11-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1147, in say
who(what, interact=interact)
File "D:\f95 temp\TheLustHero-0.11-pc\renpy\character.py", line 877, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
File "D:\f95 temp\TheLustHero-0.11-pc\renpy\character.py", line 716, in do_display
**display_args)
File "D:\f95 temp\TheLustHero-0.11-pc\renpy\character.py", line 508, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "D:\f95 temp\TheLustHero-0.11-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 285, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\f95 temp\TheLustHero-0.11-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2526, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\f95 temp\TheLustHero-0.11-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2883, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "D:\f95 temp\TheLustHero-0.11-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1955, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 427, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6806)
rv = render(root, width, height, 0, 0)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 196, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2978)
rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
File "D:\f95 temp\TheLustHero-0.11-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 693, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3440)
cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 196, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2978)
File "D:\f95 temp\TheLustHero-0.11-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 693, in render
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3440)
File "renpy/display/accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render (gen\renpy.display.accelerator.c:2027)
cr = render(child, widtho, heighto, st - self.child_st_base, at)
File "D:\f95 temp\TheLustHero-0.11-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 473, in render
im = cache.get(self)
File "D:\f95 temp\TheLustHero-0.11-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 200, in get
surf = image.load()
File "D:\f95 temp\TheLustHero-0.11-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 524, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "D:\f95 temp\TheLustHero-0.11-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 543, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/persons/lenny_0_01.jpg'.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
The Lust Hero 0.11

Last edited:
Reactions: Repuci

kasso

May 7, 2017
yeah it doesn't seem to be dependend on the saves, the image is just missing. unfortunately i deleted my old version. otherwise i would have just copied it over.

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes